AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans - Episode 41 Rating
Perfect 10 10 28.57%
9 out of 10: Excellent 18 51.43%
8 out of 10: Very Good 3 8.57%
7 out of 10: Good 2 5.71%
6 out of 10: Average 0 0%
5 out of 10: Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10: Painful 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-01-29, 06:10   Link #21
tsunade666

Ah, crap. manly tears man. manly tears. that farewell between Akihiro and Lafter. Akihiro assumed that they would still meet but when they part ways, Lafter said, "sayonara" and it become true. they won't be able to meet again and the rage of Akihiro is boiling through (poor gym tools) but man, just die already Jasley and Idiok.
Old 2017-01-29, 06:17   Link #22
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

She always made her decision to stick with Turbines thick and thin. She was able to get one important message for Aki which is saying there is someone who will love not just physically but emotionally.

Think about it. Aki and Lafter could have made this physical and we would be treated to a post coitus scene where she puts on her clothes while Aki muses about how this is what being loved meant much to Lafter's concern that Aki didnt get the message. This is what Shino would have thought as well and none of them would learn anything of significant value.

No, Lafter was trying to instill a sense of emotional care for Akihiro that meant more to him than sex would have. A feeling that there is going to be someone out there emotionally caring for him once it is all over
Old 2017-01-29, 06:18   Link #23
Skaddix

Truly Akhiro is cursed. First His Brother, Then His Adopted Brother and Now His Future Wife. My God, the man is cursed by the Gods.

He really is Guts lol.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 06:18   Link #24
tdx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The thing is, I'm a little ashamed of McMurdo. He really should have looked after his people more. It got out of his hands way too easily. Jasley is a loose cannon and should have been reined in much earlier.
Now, he's got an he's lost two really profitable groups and has a civil war incoming.
Yeah, I'm surprised and disappointed. It was perfectly foreseeable if not completely avoidable. Yet all Jasley gets from Barriston is a loaded phrase of "there's a lot of things about this matter I find fishy". And that's all? Like, seriously? Shouldn't you, like, maybe move behind the scenes to pin Jasley down as the perpetrator and purge him?

After this, I have no grounds to deny that Barriston might be losing his touch or even going senile. Not only had he allowed to all that transpire, it's like he doesn't even have means to fight back or reign in the spreading corruption... frankly, with how it's all going, Barriston is on a time limit, he's sitting there literally waiting to be assassinated.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 06:31   Link #25
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Truly Akhiro is cursed. First His Brother, Then His Adopted Brother and Now His Future Wife. My God, the man is cursed by the Gods.

He really is Guts lol.
This is a harsh learning experience but he will survive. When he lost Masahiro, he chose to keep fighting on and adopt the Human debris as his own. When Aston died, he slowly opened up to Ride and Tekkadan and lived as a family, Lafter taught him that there is someone out there that will love you back and she may not be the one but there is someone else out there always.
Old 2017-01-29, 06:41   Link #26
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
Eh I think it would be fun if they subvert expectations and Tekkadan backstabs McGillis instead. That show some real growth and character development changes from Orga.
I don't think we really need that kind of change. Also, Orga HAS shown real growth and character development this season. It may not be vast as some characters in other Gundam series, but that's just because Orga didn't have as far to go.

There's no reason or motive for them to do betray Macky since it would actually be shooting themselves in the foot. Without him, they have no allies and would be destroying the opportunity of a lifetime, and one that many have already been sacrificed for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Yeah, I'm surprised and disappointed. It was perfectly foreseeable if not completely avoidable. Yet all Jasley gets from Barriston is a loaded phrase of "there's a lot of things about this matter I find fishy". And that's all? Like, seriously? Shouldn't you, like, maybe move behind the scenes to pin Jasley down as the perpetrator and purge him?

After this, I have no grounds to deny that Barriston might be losing his touch or even going senile. Not only had he allowed to all that transpire, it's like he doesn't even have means to fight back or reign in the spreading corruption... frankly, with how it's all going, Barriston is on a time limit, he's sitting there literally waiting to be assassinated.
It really all depends on if Jasley survives this new fight with Tekkadan. I have no idea why he decided to go out in battle himself, but if he does live, he's going to plot to take out Barriston next.

It's funny, but I think that Naze and McMurdo were a lot alike in trying to let things just play out as they will. And it ended up getting them both in trouble. It really is a changing of the guard, where the old guard are either stepping aside or getting killed off for the new.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 07:02   Link #27
Skye629

Where are u guys getting the episode? Daisuki doesnt have it yet for whatever reason
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 07:03   Link #28
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Where are u guys getting the episode? Daisuki doesnt have it yet for whatever reason
We watch it on youtube.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 07:04   Link #29
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
We watch it on youtube.
Blergh darn u guys its region blocked in the US, at least on the release days
Old 2017-01-29, 07:04   Link #30
Skaddix

Really watched it just fight on Daisuki at like 4:30 So 2hrs ago?
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 07:09   Link #31
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Fug this !!!!

I totally was caught off-guard to that!!!!!

I'm so holding my rage and tears while watching this!!!

IOK AND JASLEY CAN GO TO HELL FOR ALL I CARE!!
Old 2017-01-29, 07:23   Link #32
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

MY HEART IS DEAD. My fuckin heart is dead. This is too much to take in for a Sunday morning.

I expect Mika and Akihiro to be cleaning house next episode.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 07:27   Link #33
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
MY HEART IS DEAD. My fuckin heart is dead. This is too much to take in for a Sunday morning.

I expect Mika and Akihiro to be cleaning house next episode.
First time in a long while that I'd seriously consider going full "law abiding citizen" for a character.
Old 2017-01-29, 07:27   Link #34
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
You should be able to find it by now. It's beginning to make its way around the internet.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-29, 07:33   Link #35
blakstealth
Cinderella Gang or Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
First time in a long while that I'd seriously consider going full "law abiding citizen" for a character.
The best "gyuuuuu" in all of IBO has been taken away from all of us. I demand vengeance.

edit: I realize how soft-hearted and silly my post was. I'm 100% completely fuckin serious about this.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 07:37   Link #36
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
You should be able to find it by now. It's beginning to make its way around the internet.
Yeah I got it, Daisuki had it up, but they did not list it up as the first IBO vid you saw (at least when I watched it), so that threw me off

Man that was just COLD FURY, hearing about it and seeing it are two completely different things. There will be no mercy next episode for Iok and Jasley, none whatsoever. We also see a Hekija in the preview, so Im assuming Azee is heading out, and shes gonna be PISSSEEEDDD.

Now thats out of the way, from the preview, this conflict next episode better resolve the Teiwaz shit, and serve as the spark for the Gjallerhorn conflict, or Im gonna be mad that this series is still durdling on the conflict
Old 2017-01-29, 07:54   Link #37
ReddyRedWolf

Just as there was a Hope Spot for Akihiro and Lafter the writers snatch it away! Okada is this your work?

McMurdo should've just executed Jasley the moment he had come to him to brag. Traitors to the Family die. While Orga fears McMurdo thus Teiwaz would brake off relations if they act I don't think so as Jasley has pretty much declared he is the Old Man's enemy.

Jasley had to be an idiot and dick forgetting that Tekkadan is backed by the Earth fleet of Gjallarhorn. What Iok did was illegal giving McGillis the casus belli to interfere and put down a mad dog in their ranks. Iok is too stupid to listen to Rustal who is warning him of McGillis having the dirt on him. He told him before if he keep doing dumb things he'd disown him.

Orga wanted to respect Naze and Amida's wish for them not to anything to endanger themselves and the Turbines. After agonizing about it with Mika looking on to be unleashed Jasley has given him no choice but go all the way. Which ties him and Tekkadan more to McGillis' faction.

For McGillis he has Iok and Orga where he wants them. Crushing Iok would be a prelude for his revolution taking down rogue elements in Gjallarhorn before going after Rustal and the rest of the Seven Stars. Orga loosing the Turbines puts him and Tekkadan at his side.

After babysitting Mika broaches the subject of making babies with Atra. Atra went blue screen after that. As for Hush you guys do remember he was this edgy guy who wanted to be an MS pilot? Well he is pretty much Mika and Atra's man servant now. Imagine him as Augus family butler for the next generations.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 07:59   Link #38
dagr81
The legendary dragoon

2 episodes in a Row, 2 of my favs. why must it end that way.
i really thought Akihiro and Lafter would have ended up together at the end.
dagr81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 08:19   Link #39
Irenesharda

Okay, now that I've finished crying (and got a chance to look at the subbed version. ), I can give a full review.

Jasley and Iok will soon be in one spot, that will be great. All the better to STAMP THEM OUT LIKE THE HELLSPAWN THEY ARE!

Jasley is tired of the McMurdo, so he wants to use Tekkadan to push the old guy into retirement. I thought McMurdo would be more ruthless and savvy than this, but he's getting played by Jasley.

The guy tries to get a rise by being incredibly disrespectful at Naze's funeral, but that doesn't work as Orga is well discipled and holds back his men. However, the pain is there. You watch and you see how Orga really doesn't have much time and space to grieve Naze's loss. With everything happening around him, and everyone seeking to use Tekkadan in someway for their own game. He is barely trying to keep a lid on his emotions.

Mika isn't helping because he knows the pain Orga feels and he knows that he's holding himself back to a detriment, which was the reason for the glare he gave him. However, even Orga's recent gains of self-restraint aren't enough after what Jasley does next.

Lafter and Akihiro were my ship for the season, and I was really hoping they would make it out of this series together. I honestly did seen the flags begin to creep up, from the flashback to her past, to her hugging and telling Akihiro "Sayonara" and at the same time realizing that her love for Akihiro was different from any other types of love that she's had previous. And then last, there was her being left by herself to go to bear shop. But it was all so sudden and you are left in shock that Lafter DID just get shot down and killed. Not in a MS fight, not protecting someone she loved, but simply to be used as a pawn in Jasley's sick game.

Because indeed, Jasley is going to use this to force the McMurdo to give over control of the Turbines to him, using the excuse that no one takes an all-women group seriously and basically that "they are just too weak without a big strong man to protect them" Ugh...as a woman especially, that sends disgust and shudders up my spine...

Jasley sadly gets what he wants as Tekkadan really doesn't have a choice but to respond as even though Orga didn't want to, to not challenge Jasley now would just invite the jerk to do even more heinous thing, maybe even to his own Tekkadan members. And it would be a complete betrayal of Tekkadan's own spirit and that of Orga, to allow people that helped them so much so far to possibly go in the hands of Jasley and for Lafter's death to be in vain.

At this point, I don't call it "revenge". It's really justice. Iok gets a slap on the wrist warning for all that he did last episode. Jasley has orchestrated the deaths of several of the Turbines and will get away with it since McMurdo doesn't seem to be able to do anything. Somebody has to make these two accountable for what they've done. And if the authorities over them wont do it, I'm totally fine with Tekkadan doing it.

Orga knows that this will cause them to have to cut ties with Teiwaz at this point, and this will be the first time since way back in the first few episodes of the series, that they have been without a covering and an ally. All they have now is McGillis, who has promised to continue to have their back. I'm a little concerned about the way that Macky said specifically that he would never betray them and that he reiterated their deal, so I'm going to be cautious come the future just in case he does decide to betray them. I can't see how or why considering he's just about to launch his own fight against Rustal and the corrupt of Gjallerhorn and he needs them. And to be fair, he has never broken a promise made to someone (notice he never made outright promises to Gaelio other than one about his sister, which he actually has kept as he is taking care of her.), so we shall see.

He brings in a bunch of new soldiers who we will probably meet properly next time. Next episode will be a large scale fight of Tekkadan against Jasley's forces. Akihiro (poor guy) is pissed and Mika has been allowed to go all out. All of Tekkadan is anxious to avenge their fallen sisters and brother. It is time...

On a speculative note, now that we are killing off more and more named characters, I honestly don't see Akihiro or Azee making it until the end after this. Akihiro will probably fight to his family but die in a blaze of glory, with perhaps an appearance of "gundam ghost" Lafter. And Azee has basically been destroyed by her guilt over Lafter so I can see her only out for vengeance now.

Edit: Totally forgot to mention Mika's totally in character straight-faced declaration to Atra that they should make a baby together. And poor Atra, that's what she wanted! But Mika...no woman wants it to be brought up like that you mook. Completely embarrassed she now has to figure out what to do. Perhaps a talk with Kudelia? Although, perhaps now that Mika is going to go out to fight soon, she decides: Ya know what? The heck with it!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-01-29, 08:20   Link #40
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yep, this series is going more and more gangster with the Teiwaz subarc. And Lafter's scene remind me of the the good guys' deaths in The Untouchables, foreshadowed but with sudden execution. It hits you hard. This, Gundam Origin and to an extent, Gundam 00 really knows how to build suspense without involving Mobile Suit battles. Lafter's death reminds me of a certain person's sister being murdered by the sly antagonist back in Gundam 00. And yeah, I lost my bet about lafter surviving to join Tekkadan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr81 View Post
2 episodes in a Row, 2 of my favs. why must it end that way.
i really thought Akihiro and Lafter would have ended up together at the end.
Yeah, young male side-characters from Gundam usually fell victim to tragic love story. This is really nothing new. Another example is Kai Shiden who lost his (first?) love in the original Mobile Suit Gundam.