AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2017-08-28, 10:42   Link #2421
grecefar

it's going so bad so they need to bring the nostalgia?

lately I'm recurring only to watch the previews of the chapters, if it's looks good I'll see it.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 11:16   Link #2422
alex_drian

I know that is for the 20 aniversary but seriously we need this now? we aren't nearly as bad as we were in BW times when they brought not only Charizard, but Clair? Is embarrasing

And I know it! All Gym Leaders now have Mega!

This is a good opportunity for set a Mega vs Z Move, but is a hit or miss, or is done well or mess up and remain printed in the memory of the fandom forever.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 11:47   Link #2423
Y33Zi
The Devil of Rhine

Does anybody know where I can watch the complete original Pokémon anime in Japanese? I've looked for it for so long and have never found all the episodes subbed
Y33Zi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 11:55   Link #2424
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

lately I'm recurring only to watch the previews of the chapters, if it's looks good I'll see it.
I don't think the anime is doing that bad. But the movie has been hit or miss, and people want Kanto again. We want it in our games to see Lillie progress on her journey and see how its changed. For all we know, this is preparing for Kanto-post game in USUM.

But you know what, if they bring back Pidgeot, Primeape, or Butterfree, we're good.
Old 2017-08-28, 11:58   Link #2425
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y33Zi View Post
Does anybody know where I can watch the complete original Pokémon anime in Japanese? I've looked for it for so long and have never found all the episodes subbed
Unfortunately, much of it isn't subbed, or at the very least the subs available are in very poor quality. There's really only one good sub-group for the series, and their selection of content from the first four series is rather sparse, so you can't really get consistent good subs for anything before... late Diamond & Pearl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post

It's pretty obvious that this is because of the anime's 20th anniversary. Or alternately to placate all the people who were angry that Kasumi and Takeshi were left out from the latest movie. From what I can tell, the anime itself seems to still be doing just fine, regularly being in the top 10 on the ratings-list... Not that the anime is actually dependent on ratings anyway, as it is at its heart just a commercial for the games and other merchandise... and on that front, Pokémon is stronger than it's been in a very long time following the massive influx of both new fans and returning old fans brought on by Pokémon Go.
Old 2017-08-28, 12:57   Link #2426
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I don't think the anime is doing that bad. But the movie has been hit or miss, and people want Kanto again. We want it in our games to see Lillie progress on her journey and see how its changed. For all we know, this is preparing for Kanto-post game in USUM.

But you know what, if they bring back Pidgeot, Primeape, or Butterfree, we're good.
Speak for yourself, there are some of us that don't want another story that focuses on that family's problems, what most of us do want is a proper Ultra Beast invasion story instead of leaving them for the after game.

Now I didn't hate Lillie, but I don't want the Pokémon games to turn into generic anime shit that overly focuses on moe waifu bait characters (I can't be the only one that cringed anytime Lillie tried to do a Z pose or whenever the game focused way too much on Lillie being moe), just focus on the MC and his/her journey on the region, I don't need to babysit Lillie all over again.

Also, I wish GameFreak stopped trying to force Gen 1 references on all the 3d games. Seriously, XY was basically a Kanto rehash, so just stop it with Kanto, as someone whose first Pokémon game was Blue version (and I love it) I have to say that the generation is too overrated. If any region deserves to be added as Post game for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon it has to be Unova for pretty obvious reasons.
Old 2017-08-28, 13:26   Link #2427
Random14

You've gotta be kidding me, they're actually doing a Misty and Brock cameo? Huh, wow, how many years has it been since they were referenced at all (even in an ending)? Don't like how they look in the Sun/Moon anime's art style, but can't do much about that at this point.

Ugh, figures they would both have Mega Pokemon. The writers are always so obsessed with keeping Ash an underdog that all his companions also suffer from this, and after they leave then all their Pokemon quickly level-up.

I hope Ash's exaggerated behavior will be toned down a bit when he's back in Kanto, but I doubt it. It'd be nice if we could get to see some old Kanto locations, but I doubt it. Back during Battle Frontier arc they didn't bother with that much and for something like this there's even less of a chance. Kukui hasn't made any Kanto references yet, has he? In game, Kukui's journey through Kanto was referenced several times, but no idea about this, I stopped following it a while ago.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 14:36   Link #2428
Isaac Gravity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Speak for yourself, there are some of us that don't want another story that focuses on that family's problems, what most of us do want is a proper Ultra Beast invasion story instead of leaving them for the after game.

Now I didn't hate Lillie, but I don't want the Pokémon games to turn into generic anime shit that overly focuses on moe waifu bait characters (I can't be the only one that cringed anytime Lillie tried to do a Z pose or whenever the game focused way too much on Lillie being moe), just focus on the MC and his/her journey on the region, I don't need to babysit Lillie all over again.

Also, I wish GameFreak stopped trying to force Gen 1 references on all the 3d games. Seriously, XY was basically a Kanto rehash, so just stop it with Kanto, as someone whose first Pokémon game was Blue version (and I love it) I have to say that the generation is too overrated. If any region deserves to be added as Post game for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon it has to be Unova for pretty obvious reasons.
You were not, and don't even get me started on the bridge scene in general. God that was cringe-worthy. Otherwise I agree with everything stated.

It's less Pokemon 20th anniversary (as in celebrating everything related to the franchise as a whole) and more, let's make noise for Kanto, Kanto and more Kanto since that's the only thing that mattered.

I'm as tired of it as I've grown numb to hearing this news.

I'd rather they expand Alola itself than bother considering a second region from the past (most likely Kanto).
Isaac Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-28, 15:16   Link #2429
Twi

We clearly aren't going to agree on the subject of Lillie, but to each his own.
Old 2017-08-29, 02:28   Link #2430
elior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
We clearly aren't going to agree on the subject of Lillie, but to each his own.
so we can say sun and moon is continue of kanto region based on this?
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 09:08   Link #2431
Twi

*wiggles fingers* The Protag is from Kanto, Red and Blue come from Kanto, and Lillie goes to Kanto. That's more than we've gotten in the past, but Colress and Grimsley pop up from their region, so its got ties to that too. So much Fanservice makes it hard to keep up with, but I'd say not until we visit the region in canon.
Old 2017-08-29, 17:17   Link #2432
grecefar

I forgot about the anniversary and the movie, oh well, cool misty.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 17:34   Link #2433
Galaxian

I've been saying it for a while, and gotten a bit of hate over it, but FireRed & LeafGreen are now the oldest games, so it actually would make sense if they went back to Kanto before remaking DPP.

Not to mention that SM couldn't shut up about Kanto...
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-29, 17:48   Link #2434
Vegard Aune

Well if they keep remaking the remakes that would just get us in a never-ending, kinda pointless cycle. Plus it was only last year that they re-released the original Red, Blue and Yellow on Virtual Console (to be followed soon by Gold and Silver yet not Crystal for some stupid reason that really only holds water in Japan), so redoing FRLG now would seem like a bit overkill.

...Also much like how XY had plenty of references to Hoenn, Sun & Moon has quite a few Sinnoh references, plus the rather notable lack of almost any Sinnoh-native Pokémon aside from a few super popular ones, much like how barely any Hoenn-native 'mon were in Kalos aside from the ones that were given Mega evolutions.

Of course, nothing whatsoever is confirmed at this point. All we know is that Ultra Sun & Moon is coming up and that we're getting a game on the Switch eventually, but for all we know, maybe they've figured that "Meh, Diamond and Pearl still work perfectly fine on the 3DS and so they don't need a remake" and so we just won't get any remakes after this... I mean all the previous remakes had the common trend of updating games that, in some way or another, didn't really work anymore (The first two gens being incompatible with the newer stuff, and RSE's time-based functions no longer working due to the internal batteries running dry).
Old 2017-08-30, 00:05   Link #2435
elior

Spoiler for "episode 42 and 43 :
i more interested in 43 then 42 i wonder who will win consider the title
elior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 13:40   Link #2436
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Yah, Misty appearing, not my cup of tea, she along with Iris were my least favorite of the female cast.

Being the fact that this version of Pokemon loves to make Ash look bad, I sadly can see Misty making fun of him going to school even though AG saga she acted more mature towards him.

Look what happened with Dawn during BW series for crying out loud, Ash and Dawn had such a great relationship in D/P series than she hangs with Iris and they start to tease him? Piff.

My guess is, this series isn't doing so great in Japan other wise they wouldn't have to resort to this. They haven't even had a Serena or Iris cameo yet for some reason.

Edit:

Wouldn't Dawn making a cameo make more sense this series than? I mean, they'd keep talking about D/P I guess? I don't watch this version much. More of a reason to keep away from this series.

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-30, 15:59   Link #2437
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
Being the fact that this version of Pokemon loves to make Ash look bad,
...He's cleared four Trials up till now, each on his first try, and the very first episode had him going toe-to-toe with a legendary.
Old 2017-08-30, 16:16   Link #2438
Twi

People sometimes have trouble separating the comedy moments from the battles. You really can't call him incompetent though, at least not here during the battles.
Old 2017-08-31, 14:03   Link #2439
Twi

Preview of episodes with the Kanto gang: http://dai.ly/x5z01if
Old 2017-08-31, 20:54   Link #2440
Blueknight78

Spoiler:

man i really can't stand of how ugly that myst and brock really looks... and think which this serie is having to bring them back to have better audience probably show how bad it is being, looks like my decision to drop it not was really that wrong, i really don't liked that new serie which that horrible look characters, i really feel almost every episode was so boring, i was thinking in just wait some more episode but really looks like that serie not gonna be really good and somehow i feel it's really time to maybe let pokemon anime die, if they keep repeating the same overused formule over and over and at top of this put a so crap art style(at last crap for me).

i was really hope this new pokemon could be something good but it's really impossible to hope as long pokemon keep being "pokemon" and nothing really change other than terrible character designs.

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2017-09-01 at 00:11.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote