AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-18, 04:45   Link #1021
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I hope this doesn't turn out to be one of those "everyone dies at the end" ending.
but i like those types of end...just think about it...a beautiful scenery...with kyoshiro on his knees...begging for kuu to return while dead bodies litter the area... j/k

but i should say that its gonna be a happy end for all...and also i think a hinter to show that kuu isnt going anywhere is in the OP sequence...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 19:38   Link #1022
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 11 - The Angel's Gallery

I remembered it was just the start of January when I picked up Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora. If I look back and compare the first episodes with the current last ones, I do have to apologize for underestimating such a beautiful story.

I do admit that quite a couple of the starting episode lacked spark and went in circles, but as they made progress with the characters at the halfway the plot took off and delivered a few twists.

This subsequently caused to pick focus on the main cast and to start rooting and cheering for them; pains, ideals, dreams, sorrow, etc.

It do helps that an annoying ant as Kazuya messes in the way so as to build hype on the audience to watch him getting squashing, and the writers accomplished that for this episode brilliantly.

Kyoshiro was extraordinarily useless with his idolizing of Kazuya and copycat demeanor, but at last he finally sheds the shell and lets his inner shine sparkling. His true personality, his true wish, and the path he chooses to walk on.

I do compare him with Albert Morcerf's character from Gankutsuou, that throughout most of their respective stories they remained as unchangeable fools with an overwhelming and childish naivety that clouded their judgement about appearances of people who at first contact they deemed good or gentle, but unawared of their true colors until fatality strikes.

What it is salvageable for those two characters is that deception and fatality makes them to grow-up and to realize what they must do in order to confirm their true selves and their true feelings, casting aside their hollow or naive, broken personalities with which they started with and taking the responsibility of their mistakes to find and save their loved ones, even if they are able to mature just a few steps right before the climax and the conclusion.

Deathkillz, if you thought that Kazuya was abominable with his orgasmic tones and his voice driving you crazy, you as well would want to hang yourself or bang your head against the wall if you ever listen to the voice of Maximilian Pegasus in the original Japanese language.

Trust me I have watched YuGiOh! Duel Monsters & YuGiOh! GX in its original broadcast, and Pegasus's voice just plainly frightens me.

On-Topic
I am very glad that the torture is over, and Kazuya got what he deserved to die as a pathetic fool that thought of himself an elegant swan when he was just a wrinkled, slimy snake.

Kudos for exploring upon the Angels' wishes. What they went through and with whom they wish to be with.

Applause that they kept casting the spotlight entirely on Sojiro, Himiko, and Kyoshiro (now grown-up) to fight their very way to reunite with their beloved ones.

It's been a quite a funny and interesting voyage, but like any other trip this one is about to end next Friday. I will reserve my grading, until the final episode but can say that Kyoshiro Towa no Sora IMO is ranking above Kannazuki no Miko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
but i like those types of end...just think about it...a beautiful scenery...with kyoshiro on his knees...begging for kuu to return while dead bodies litter the area... j/k

but i should say that its gonna be a happy end for all...and also i think a hinter to show that kuu isnt going anywhere is in the OP sequence...
I did get the apocalyptic and end-of-the-world vibes when all of the sky turned blood red. In fact, the color of the sky reminds me to the end of the world on Saikano's final episode when the sky also turned to that color.

There are lots of possibilities to elaborate upon the ending:
1. The world resets and everyone loses their memories of what they've been through, but the feelings stay there.

2. The world ends, but everyone is borned again in a new world.

Spoiler for From the last episode preview:

4. A combination from all the above.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-18, 21:34   Link #1023
Tsuki-Miko-14
aRed moon look evil to me

Location: do u like to know where ............well im in hell ,are you happy now
Send a message via AIM to Tsuki-Miko-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I remembered it was just the start of January when I picked up Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora. If I look back and compare the first episodes with the current last ones, I do have to apologize for underestimating such a beautiful story.

I do admit that quite a couple of the starting episode lacked spark and went in circles, but as they made progress with the characters at the halfway the plot took off and delivered a few twists.

This subsequently caused to pick focus on the main cast and to start rooting and cheering for them; pains, ideals, dreams, sorrow, etc.

It do helps that an annoying ant as Kazuya messes in the way so as to build hype on the audience to watch him getting squashing, and the writers accomplished that for this episode brilliantly.

Kyoshiro was extraordinarily useless with his idolizing of Kazuya and copycat demeanor, but at last he finally sheds the shell and lets his inner shine sparkling. His true personality, his true wish, and the path he chooses to walk on.

I do compare him with Albert Morcerf's character from Gankutsuou, that throughout most of their respective stories they remained as unchangeable fools with an overwhelming and childish naivety that clouded their judgement about appearances of people who at first contact they deemed good or gentle, but unawared of their true colors until fatality strikes.

What it is salvageable for those two characters is that deception and fatality makes them to grow-up and to realize what they must do in order to confirm their true selves and their true feelings, casting aside their hollow or naive, broken personalities with which they started with and taking the responsibility of their mistakes to find and save their loved ones, even if they are able to mature just a few steps right before the climax and the conclusion.

Deathkillz, if you thought that Kazuya was abominable with his orgasmic tones and his voice driving you crazy, you as well would want to hang yourself or bang your head against the wall if you ever listen to the voice of Maximilian Pegasus in the original Japanese language.

Trust me I have watched YuGiOh! Duel Monsters & YuGiOh! GX in its original broadcast, and Pegasus's voice just plainly frightens me.

On-Topic
I am very glad that the torture is over, and Kazuya got what he deserved to die as a pathetic fool that thought of himself an elegant swan when he was just a wrinkled, slimy snake.

Kudos for exploring upon the Angels' wishes. What they went through and with whom they wish to be with.

Applause that they kept casting the spotlight entirely on Sojiro, Himiko, and Kyoshiro (now grown-up) to fight their very way to reunite with their beloved ones.

It's been a quite a funny and interesting voyage, but like any other trip this one is about to end next Friday. I will reserve my grading, until the final episode but can say that Kyoshiro Towa no Sora IMO is ranking above Kannazuki no Miko

I did get the apocalyptic and end-of-the-world vibes when all of the sky turned blood red. In fact, the color of the sky reminds me to the end of the world on Saikano's final episode when the sky also turned to that color.

There are lots of possibilities to elaborate upon the ending:
1. The world resets and everyone loses their memories of what they've been through, but the feelings stay there.

2. The world ends, but everyone is borned again in a new world.

Spoiler for From the last episode preview:

4. A combination from all the above.
Spoiler:
Tsuki-Miko-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:14   Link #1024
Honey_and_Cleaver

Just as i expected from Kaishaku. Well the fun lasted when Kazuya died. Now back to the old dramas. Seeing before people getting so worked up about Kazuya when its obviously like all the stories, the villains die in a tragic end.

Ranking over Kannazuki no Miko? Well for me, never. Theres no evil guy in Kannazuki no Miko. And certainly no assholes or two timing bastards.

Kyoushiro to towa no sora- Good vs Evil (fairy tale)
Kannazuki no Miko - Despair vs Purity

Big difference.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-19, 17:17   Link #1025
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ I think a quest for ones identity and place in life would suit this shows description more than good vs evil (especially seeing that the evil was present for a grand total of 2 eps )
Old 2007-03-20, 18:02   Link #1026
Aurelia aurita
???

So, the OST came out today.
But more importantly...
Spoiler for Long Preview 12:
Aurelia aurita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-20, 18:54   Link #1027
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
yes that is true for me as well...i remember watching the first ep with totally mixed feelings...is this series really going to play out living in a fantasy or will it fail but now im glad i stook with it
Quote:
and i also agree here...but i must say that KnM's end was really worth all the wait...thinking back it was because of this series i gave it a second chance and finnish off the lingering 5 eps i put on cold freeze
Quote:

i think ill pass (an orgasmic sound that surpasses kazuya's is noting to be proud of )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-03-20, 19:17   Link #1028
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I have no idea whether this will be a happy end or not The fairly fairy-tailish setting and all might make us think that everything will end just as nicely as it started, but on the other hand this shows has had so much angst that i wouldn't be surprised at a tragic or bittersweet end (most probably the later).
I know what you mean which kind of sucks given the whole fairytale theme i was assuming that over all we might have a happy ending all around. But now im not so sure I mean the sister is already dead which just leaves the 3 brothers and one or all of them could end up dead. Not to mention Setunas unresolved feelings and Kuus current state. I am eager to see how it ends its been real fun to watch
Old 2007-03-20, 22:02   Link #1029
protonic

this is probably a stupid and noob question but i havent had enough time to watch the latest episodes and i just saw some screencaps for episode number ten and i dont know what to think about it so i am a little confused was kazuya going to marry kuu???
protonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 02:29   Link #1030
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Not really. The wedding dresses were mostly symbolic. (Though with a crackpot like Kazuya one can never know )
Old 2007-03-21, 05:31   Link #1031
Li Jianliang
This is my ____ face

Send a message via AIM to Li Jianliang Send a message via MSN to Li Jianliang Send a message via Yahoo to Li Jianliang
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora is written to be THE CHEESE, in my opinion. The cheap animation and battles scenes are meant to be to maintain the cheesiness level of the show and the viewer can very well imagine them all mentally. I know I did, and they were beautiful. What can ever, ever trump TRUE LURRRVE?

Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru episode 6: Dawn of the golden witch
Translations & summaries & screenshots
Part I | Part II In progress
Li Jianliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 10:12   Link #1032
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by protonic View Post
this is probably a stupid and noob question but i havent had enough time to watch the latest episodes and i just saw some screencaps for episode number ten and i dont know what to think about it so i am a little confused was kazuya going to marry kuu???
well what i think is that the wedding dresses are ment to mean the "marriage" of all the AA's into one being...some great cheeze here as Li Jianliang puts it

Old 2007-03-21, 12:11   Link #1033
Muddle!

Send a message via AIM to Muddle!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Li Jianliang View Post
Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora is written to be THE CHEESE, in my opinion. The cheap animation and battles scenes are meant to be to maintain the cheesiness level of the show and the viewer can very well imagine them all mentally. I know I did, and they were beautiful. What can ever, ever trump TRUE LURRRVE?
I'd have to agree and well I wouldn't have it any other way especially after that whole "lightning unicorn" attack in the first episode.
Muddle! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-21, 22:44   Link #1034
Aurelia aurita
???

Quote:
The internal (poetic) monologues of an observer of TRUE LURRRVE.

To show how much I like the series: I commissioned a picture of Setsuna from Li Jianliang for Anime Boston.
Old 2007-03-22, 17:00   Link #1035
Rall)eon117X
Lightning Alchemist

I havent seen Episode 11 yet (waiting for fansubbed torrent), but for Episode 10:

Spoiler:
Rall)eon117X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 15:50   Link #1036
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Call it cheeze if you like, but was episode 12 ever satisfying. This show was twice as good as most shows that maunder along in the realms of supposed "realism." Post-modern magic romance.
Spoiler for ep12:
I have to mention the music again, which was so effective. Credit to Kubota Mina, who did the music for Kaleidostar and Kannazuki, and the OPs for both ARIA shows, but has also done numerous TV doramas, as well as two CDs by young seiyuu Makino Yui (Welcome to the NHK).

For how the music was used, we probably have to give credit to both the director, Yanagisawa Tetsuya (Kannazuki), and to the sound director, Iwanami Yoshikazu (Marimite, Kannazuki, Karin, etc.).

EDIT: I really loved Yahagi Sayuri's work as Kuu, but Matsuoka Yuki really opened my eyes with the way she did Setsuna's voice. Then I realized that she played Tsuruya-san in Suzumiya Haruhi -- as well as Nana in Elfen Lied and Evangeline A.K. McDowell in both Negima shows.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-03-23 at 21:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-23, 21:00   Link #1037
Aurelia aurita
???

Spoiler for episode 12:

No matter how full of cheeze that ending was, it was satisfactory. The time that I spent watching this show from January 'til now really seemed to pass so quickly, and I've had a lot of fun watching and speculating. I remember when I first heard of the show, I had a seriously messed up view of all the characters.
I'd heard that Himeko, Chikane and Souma were going to be in it. From reading the character page and watching the preview, I thought that somehow the three of them had reappeared...and had evil clones of themselves. I thought Himeko had become a redhead in addition to her other Himiko form, and that Chikane had gone blonde. I even thought that the Souma clone (Kyoshiro) was a girl because I'd heard of a yuri aspect. Glad I'm not the only person that thought he was a girl at first.
It wasn't until the English translation came out on Wikipedia that I got everything straightened out.

Last edited by Aurelia aurita; 2007-03-23 at 21:33.
Old 2007-03-24, 00:40   Link #1038
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
I think melodrama is a fairer description. The kind you get with GaoGaiGar and Mazinkaizer that isn't painful at all, but amusing and fun.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 02:34   Link #1039
sakura_1990

the last part is like the repeat of the first part.
Spoiler:
sakura_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-24, 04:35   Link #1040
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakura_1990 View Post
the last part is like the repeat of the first part.
Spoiler:
Not quite
Spoiler:
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen