AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-10, 17:38   Link #441
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I'd actually love to see that. More "show, don't just tell".
I would say that would be too much in a face. This gives Legion more mystery.
Old 2021-05-10, 19:13   Link #442
Frontier

I assume it's (partially) why they depicted Kaie's death the way they did.

Although it didn't feel as much of a stretch for me that the Legion could be doing something like that since it feels like a Skynet/robot apocalypse thing .

Just add it to the long list of things the Republic screwed themselves over on...
Old 2021-05-10, 19:37   Link #443
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I would say that would be too much in a face. This gives Legion more mystery.
It's no longer a mystery when the MC is already explaining to you what's going on with the Legion. All that's lacking from his explanation is a visual presentation which would be preferrable than an exposition dump.

Actually, showing just the scene of Legion using/copying the brains without any verbal explanation will add more mystery than Shin's info-dump.
Old 2021-05-10, 20:47   Link #444
HandofFate

so Legions are just terminators?
Old Yesterday, 01:36   Link #445
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
It's no longer a mystery when the MC is already explaining to you what's going on with the Legion. All that's lacking from his explanation is a visual presentation which would be preferrable than an exposition dump.

Actually, showing just the scene of Legion using/copying the brains without any verbal explanation will add more mystery than Shin's info-dump.
Sometimes you can add mystery by keeping things off screen to heighten tension.

Shin's explanation and the conclusion he gives Lena brings up more questions like what else might the Legion be planning with that increased intelligence, do they have some goals the audience are not aware of, etc.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:27   Link #446
Arya

I guess being told instead of shown it's a narrative choice, so far we do not know much apart from our mains, everything more or less has been narrated by them. So seems consistent to keep showing us what they have seen and telling what they know. I doubt Shin witnessed the harvesting / cloning procedures letting aside the fact they may be less gruesome than we may expect. Just a probe in the body and all.
The story so far is told through them, this leaves room to also them being wrong on what they know. Who knows (as I already said Shin seems one of those MC that are almost always right, like Inaho, so I guess we won't be surprised by him, maybe Lena..)

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:38   Link #447
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Sometimes you can add mystery by keeping things off screen to heighten tension.
Yes, sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Shin's explanation and the conclusion he gives Lena brings up more questions like what else might the Legion be planning with that increased intelligence, do they have some goals the audience are not aware of, etc.
If the goal is to get as much mystery as possible (while still revealing things), my suggestion above still give us roughly the same amount of questions (if not more).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I guess being told instead of shown it's a narrative choice, so far we do not know much apart from our mains, everything more or less has been narrated by them. So seems consistent to keep showing us what they have seen and telling what they know. I doubt Shin witnessed the harvesting / cloning procedures letting aside the fact they may be less gruesome than we may expect. Just a probe in the body and all.
The story so far is told through them, this leaves room to also them being wrong on what they know. Who knows (as I already said Shin seems one of those MC that are almost always right, like Inaho, so I guess we won't be surprised by him, maybe Lena..)
*shrugs* Since I really appreciate dialogue-less manga (eg. Gon) and "all-action, dialogue-less" segments in movies (eg. the climactic battle in Predator which was 90% dialogue-less, etc), I couldn't help but hoping that we can get something like that with the Legion once in a while when they revealed the "brain-scan" plot point. Just my preference.
Old Yesterday, 11:07   Link #448
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
I don't think it's so much that Shin is always right so much as he and Spearhead, from their perspective on the front lines and with their abilities, have a better perspective and insight into what's going on than Lena would from her position in the Republic (but it's through them that she's learning what's really going on).
Old Yesterday, 17:32   Link #449
Arya

Quote:
*shrugs* Since I really appreciate dialogue-less manga (eg. Gon) and "all-action, dialogue-less" segments in movies (eg. the climactic battle in Predator which was 90% dialogue-less, etc), I couldn't help but hoping that we can get something like that with the Legion once in a while when they revealed the "brain-scan" plot point. Just my preference.
I get that, I was just pointing out that this seems to be the narrative approach they choose so far. I too hope they will open up the focus of the story. I'm looking forward to it, they can't go with it for much longer I suppose. Even if I appreciate the close focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
I don't think it's so much that Shin is always right so much as he and Spearhead, from their perspective on the front lines and with their abilities, have a better perspective and insight into what's going on than Lena would from her position in the Republic (but it's through them that she's learning what's really going on).
Yeah, I know that he has the favorable perspective so to speak. It was more a general feeling about him. (And it wasn't meant as a critic btw).

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi