AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-16, 01:58   Link #81
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I'm pretty sure the Yotsuba's numbers are less than a hundred. The Nightmare of Dahan cost the Yotsuba half of its combat magicians, which were 30, including the head. This means it had more than 60 members originally and its been decades since then. If we take this as a reference for measuring other clans, then they may very well have more than a hundred members.
thx for the info... i was just trying to imagine the scale of the battle in case tatsuya goes ballistic on the yotsuba which is not outside the real of high possibility.Then there should be around same number now as well.
Considering they are spread all over japan taking them out its not an impossible task.
Would make a nice twist for him to go Thermonuclear on the Yotsuba, i don`t like them treating people like crap.
Maybe with the next volumes when the confrontation between the yotsuba and the Black Sage, will gather Yotsuba magicians in one place just ready for a juicy delicious Material Burst.
taking the yotsuba and the black sage anti-magic faction with one spell its a double win
SoboSobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 11:52   Link #82
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Might be a weird question, but what if Kiritsugu Emiya's Innate Time Control was a form of Modern Magic, I wonder which type it would fall under.

Plain old Speed Magic because it stagnates the time which has passed? Or Convergence Magic because it isolate the passage of time inside a designated area from the "flow of time" in the outside world? Or maybe Dispersal Type Magic or Release Systematic Magic if we think of time as dealing with elementary and composite particles or subatomic and composite particles?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-19, 12:05   Link #83
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Might be a weird question, but what if Kiritsugu Emiya's Innate Time Control was a form of Modern Magic, I wonder which type it would fall under.

Plain old Speed Magic because it stagnates the time which has passed? Or Convergence Magic because it isolate the passage of time inside a designated area from the "flow of time" in the outside world? Or maybe Dispersal Type Magic or Release Systematic Magic if we think of time as dealing with elementary and composite particles or subatomic and composite particles?
brrrr...... hard to compare man. the series have nothing in common except the word magic lol.

But if i had to take a guess, none.

I mahouka magic involves altering/ rewriting/decomposing eidos(information bodys).
Every thing with a physical body, from an atom to the most complex structure has a corresponding eidos in information dimension.
By alterin/rewriting/decomposing the eidos magic takes shape.
Time has no eidos so mahouka type magic cannon do anything to time. So this kind of magic does not exists in this universe.
Old 2014-04-19, 13:25   Link #84
Echizen777

Quote:

Wide Area Movement and Speed type magic stopping the Eidos for a certain period I think. I guess the caster would need to use DF to be immune to the effects of this magic.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 23:04   Link #85
kenga

i have this thinking all the time when i read mahouka but it just my opinion. do you think that : is there any change that she cant have children with her body but her egg still have so she use her egg and fertilize it with tatsurou xxxx and put it in miya wormb so she can give birth to maya child? just some fantasy dream of mine but it's not like it cant happen in fantasy world. dont axe me if you dont like pls
kenga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 23:27   Link #86
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenga View Post
i have this thinking all the time when i read mahouka but it just my opinion. do you think that : is there any change that she cant have children with her body but her egg still have so she use her egg and fertilize it with tatsurou xxxx and put it in miya wormb so she can give birth to maya child? just some fantasy dream of mine but it's not like it cant happen in fantasy world. dont axe me if you dont like pls
Could be.^^ Who knows? But I still think that if anyone of the Shiba Siblings IS Maya's rather than Miya's, it would be Miyuki.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 00:30   Link #87
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasen View Post
An "Extra" is a person who is still blood-related to the main family, but is not considered family. In this aspect, she is much closer to the truth than anyone else, because (as of right now) Tatsuya will NEVER be "Yotsuba Tatsuya." He will be the Guardian "Shiba Tatsuya" until the day he dies.
Wrong, guardians were only relieved when their primary was released from protection.
Tatsuya primary is miyuki, and when she gets to be at the top of the yotsuba she will realease him, and maya knows that thats why she sent minami to be myukis guardian as well, because when the time comes she wont be without a guardian.
Old 2014-05-03, 01:43   Link #88
IceHism

I'm crying on how dumb some of these people are.
http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...at_magic_high/
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 01:55   Link #89
SoboSobo
Reader, thinker, Retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
why would you even link that here, now u gave me a headache
This forum is for people who actually understand what we are saying, the rest go to reddit
Old 2014-05-03, 05:58   Link #90
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
Wide Area Movement and Speed type magic stopping the Eidos for a certain period I think. I guess the caster would need to use DF to be immune to the effects of this magic.
DF?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Come on, really? Calling people you disagree with dumb? Kinda childish, don't you think?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 06:38   Link #91
Echizen777

Quote:
DF?
Data Fortification.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 07:34   Link #92
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

I'm working on a new fan thesis:

"Tatsuya is a perfect Machiavellian Prince."

At least, I hope this will be able to give people a better impression of the series.
Old 2014-05-03, 07:55   Link #93
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoboSobo View Post
Wrong, guardians were only relieved when their primary was released from protection.
Tatsuya primary is miyuki, and when she gets to be at the top of the yotsuba she will realease him, and maya knows that thats why she sent minami to be myukis guardian as well, because when the time comes she wont be without a guardian.
Tatsuya would not leave Miyuki's side even if she releases him. The oath that he took to protect Miyuki runs deeper than some simple responsibility that the Yotsuba had thrust upon him...
fujin of shadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 08:13   Link #94
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
DF?

Come on, really? Calling people you disagree with dumb? Kinda childish, don't you think?

Hey allfictions. ^_^ Nice seeing you here.

I agree. It's never nice to call people dumb when we don't even know them. But in the fans defense, maybe it's because we're getting tired of being called Libertarian objectivists who use the story to satisfy our power fantasies and having the character of the general fanbase being questioned or judged by people who probably have never even read past the first arc--or even read the story at all. It hurts when people make general assumptions about your community...it gets pretty annoying. Of course, people have the right to say whatever they want...but people seem to forget that just as they think they have legitimate reasons for disliking or hating the series, we think we have legitimate reasons for liking it too...But they'll just chalk it all up to blind fanboyism, and won't even try to acknowledge where we're coming from.
Old 2014-05-03, 08:23   Link #95
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Yeah, well, I've read the first 12 volumes, and I have no problem with what those guys were saying. (The first few posts anyway. I haven't read it all, nor do I plan to.)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:02   Link #96
Ultragunner

Quote:
"I will accept that the system is biased, but it is only biased against me because I am the truly special one"
Seriously? Is that how people interpret Tatsuya's speech at the end of ep 4??? WTH???
That's just a figure of speech when he try to point out that he had no right in judging "equality", becuhe's special and that's why he can't really disagree or agree with either side
In other words, what he is trying to convey is that nothing is truly right or wrong, especially in this case
Seriously......
Old 2014-05-03, 09:10   Link #97
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Seriously? Is that how people interpret Tatsuya's speech at the end of ep 4??? WTH???
That's just a figure of speech when he try to point out that he had no right in judging "equality", becuhe's special and that's why he can't really disagree or agree with either side
In other words, what he is trying to convey is that nothing is truly right or wrong, especially in this case
Seriously......

I know...If anything he's expressing a degree of sympathy because he knows if things were different and he didn't have all his talents, even he might have been tempted into joining their cause.
Old 2014-05-03, 09:23   Link #98
Ultragunner

of course it is wrong to call other people dumb, but others also have the right to criticize them if they just make assumptions by scrubbing off the content and context.

....sigh....
Old 2014-05-03, 09:27   Link #99
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
Seriously......
I feel kind of weird about the post, just because having read the novel's it feels very premature.

The strong elitism tones of the enrollment arc, kind of fade after the enrollment arc. After the enrollment arc, it becomes more of an undertone of the series instead of a main stage thing. The Bloom vs. Weed thing doesn't make a huge jump to the forefront again until double 7. I feel like, in the first place it was sort of an introduction to the elitism existing in the classes of the 100 families and the 10 master clans.

I sort of agree with his post though, in a very specific sense. Mahouka is very political, and it becomes more political. If you don't like anything political than the series clearly is just not for you.

I just think the post is very premature, because as far as "Mahouka Politics" The "Bloom vs Weed" aspect of it becomes one of the lesser important issues, when compared to Yotsuba vs. Saegusa/Kudou, Magicians vs. Public opinion, Military vs. Public opinion, Japan vs. GAA, Yotsuba vs. Dahan affiliates.

Did I miss one? I feel like I missed one. Yotsuba vs. USNA? Japanese Magician coalition vs. Parasites/USNA?

Anyways, the reddit post isn't dumb, but it is very premature. But Mahouka probably isn't for everyone, if you don't like political series or series with an MC like Tatsuya then you won't like it. I'm inherently different from those people, Tatsuya is what sold me on this series to start with, and the deeper machinations of it convinced me to stay.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-03, 09:28   Link #100
IceHism

Quote:

I don't believe so. I know dumb when I see it and the amount of cancer I get is beyond what I can take. You can call it childish all you want but their opinion is based on an ignorant foundation and that is truth.

The people literally never read past the first arc. They aren't even at the main plot of mahouka yet. Yet some how we are chalked to blind fanboyism, power fantasy, and wish fulfilment. Wtf. I'm not even seeing the part where this story is a power fantasy. Let's not even talk about wish fulfillment, People have confused the definition of that word for the longest time and everyone has their own definition of it
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote