AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-15, 13:57   Link #41
WyrdMonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
You just trying to find something to hate aren't you?

He's genuinely a good guy is just that the situations led to him killing mc. Even apologized after the death that he couldn't save him earlier.
Nope. I was just making a lot of assumptions.
It's just that in a lot of WNs people in his position tend to be either monsters, hypocrites, or blind idiots.
And you have to admit, many WNs you come across these days tend to be rage fuel.
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 17:25   Link #42
lehur
ぼく愛エリス

Send a message via ICQ to lehur Send a message via AIM to lehur Send a message via MSN to lehur Send a message via Yahoo to lehur
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
Nope. I was just making a lot of assumptions.
It's just that in a lot of WNs people in his position tend to be either monsters, hypocrites, or blind idiots.
And you have to admit, many WNs you come across these days tend to be rage fuel.
Ignorance of the world and full of naivety, this is one of many stereotypical chara of mc persona, it couldn't be help if you want to curse mc
P.S. I'm not particularly refer to this mc, it isn't, but general view of the wn protag as well as heroine.
e.g ;my pet holy maiden, seigensou, kaori arifureta, n many more not worth mentioning
lehur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-15, 17:31   Link #43
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemhotaTech View Post
I know they were married in the second world, and I take they just reunited in the third one.

Let me guess, she's either really ignorantly stupid, or an ungrateful b%h.
Only one of the students has made it to the third world yet; the other 99 are still alive (although in a not-so united state anymore, seeing as a reincarnated student killed another).
Spoiler for More details:

Quote:
Verry high chance that she just misunderstood based on the similarity with their name. also he's not an asshole, he one of those "hero of light" bastards.

I don't think mc even cares or remembers about her either. She's also on his hit list
The story behind her is she initially confronted the similar name guy because she thought he was the guy who saved her, but eventually learned he wasn't the same guy and had a fight. They eventually made-up and married.
For the record, it seems he also created a political situation (by accident) where the only organization the reincarnated students can belong to is basically his international hero one. The one other guy on Lambda resents him for thinking he had no other options than to be a superhero when he didn't want to be.

But yes, Vandalieu doesn't remember her; the author replies to literally every comment and the protagonist's recognition of her is about the same as remembering you actually met a total stranger once before.

Quote:
He's genuinely a good guy is just that the situations led to him killing mc. Even apologized after the death that he couldn't save him earlier.
Just wanted to add that only one reincarnated student is hinted to even know the undead they exterminated was him (and it was the guy who can predict the future). Otherwise, he was just apologizing because the protagonist was a random victim of the researchers.
The girl that he saved even thought he chose to not be reincarnated (there was like 2 people who chose not to be when given the chance), so no one gave any thought to there actually being a 101th reincarnated guy.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 03:16   Link #44
obnuchious

so there's around 3-4 people out of the 101 people who are in the current world?
obnuchious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 03:25   Link #45
sasuke706

Just two and one of them is the protagonist.

Spoiler for :
Old 2016-02-16, 03:34   Link #46
sunsown

@sasuke706
Spoiler for Regarding Vandalieu's soul:
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 03:36   Link #47
bludvein

This was a surprisingly decent read, but it moves a bit slower than I like.

The villains are beyond the pale when it comes to being stupid however. The reincarnation god is especially bad. What's with those oddly specific loophole-laden curses and ridiculous strategies? It made it really hard to take him seriously when he could've solved the protagonist easily if he had half a brain.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-16, 03:53   Link #48
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
@sasuke706
Spoiler for Regarding Vandalieu's soul:
Spoiler for :

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
The villains are beyond the pale when it comes to being stupid however. The reincarnation god is especially bad. What's with those oddly specific loophole-laden curses and ridiculous strategies? It made it really hard to take him seriously when he could've solved the protagonist easily if he had half a brain.
The only real two stupid moves that I've seen are the reincarnation god's every action (his character trait is simply being incompetent and half-assed), which is always done in half-thought-out manners and decided on the spot.
The second would be not scouting out the protagonist's kingdom before attacking it.
The story has brought up both of these points too and acknowledges they were lucky breaks.
Otherwise, the other villains haven't really been all that stupid. Careless, yes, but it's really hard to expect a 5 year old to put up any sort of fight and everyone more or less knows they can't be careless with him now.
Old 2016-02-16, 04:27   Link #49
sunsown

@sasuke706
Spoiler for Vandalieu's Soul:
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-18, 14:38   Link #50
bludvein

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2016-02-18, 15:07   Link #51
cabman11

So we can all agree that the end game is Vandalieu becoming the next reincarnation god right? He is the Lord of Death after all
Old 2016-02-18, 15:39   Link #52
sasuke706

^He technically doesn't need to, like at all. We already know the system Rodocorte made is automatic (the only errors that pop up seem to be the occasional stillbirth, and that's from trying to reincarnate an incomplete soul), and the demon lord and Vida both set up their own goddamn systems that also work perfectly fine without them. Although apparently they also have errors. At best Vandalieu will reincarnate whoever he pleases (like the half-orc girl) and maybe setup his own system for Vandalieu's new species of monsters, which probably already work with the demon lord's one anyway so it isn't even needed.

The only problem with Vandalieu is he can kind of prevent people from dying indefinitely and gets really attached to people who don't actively try to kill him, so he could be against letting anyone naturally die at all.

Quote:
Spoiler for spoiler:
Spoiler for :
Old 2016-02-22, 12:40   Link #53
bludvein

For all his talk about revenge, Vandalieu sure goes for the more common sounding jobs. It's not like revealing his status could get any more incriminating at this point, so might as well go ahead and pick one of the really heinous sounding ones! As it is he seems to be trying out a bunch of relatively low-tier jobs that level quickly instead of quality ones.
Old 2016-02-22, 13:25   Link #54
cabman11

That "sorcerer" class doesn't seem that suspicious to me.
Old 2016-02-22, 13:59   Link #55
sasuke706

It sounds suspicious to him because over Lambda's 100,000+ years of history, not one guy has managed to get this generic-sounding Job?
If you look at it different ways, it could be 'someone who guides evil" (魔 being evil, 導師 being person who guides), or similarly 'someone who guides magic,' which would be from teaching all those ghoul women/undead priest/Eleanora magic things with his Spartan mage classes. I mean, who the hell else can literally just keep supplying their students mana basically indefinitely until they learn new skills? Some of the ghoul women seemed to have learned attribute magic from these lessons that Vandalieu doesn't know jack shit about or can even use himself, and no one else can probably even supply others with mana since he does it via literally soul-to-soul (lewd).
He also apparently gave pointers to the 3 E-rank adventurers, so it could just be a teaching job in general.

Quote:
For all his talk about revenge, Vandalieu sure goes for the more common sounding jobs. It's not like revealing his status could get any more incriminating at this point, so might as well go ahead and pick one of the really heinous sounding ones! As it is he seems to be trying out a bunch of relatively low-tier jobs that level quickly instead of quality ones.
The funny thing about Vandalieu is he's not in a rush for his revenge, since being in a rush could lead to screwing up and lot having a happy life like he wants. He also seems to still think he can register as an adventurer because he thinks the receptionist will keep his stats and skills secret (like hell they will). I also think registering is just going to have the opposite effect of what he's going for, though.
Honestly, it'd just be easier to hope that one of the Giant slaves they're going to free used to be a guild worker that can do it, or simply...acquire a current worker somewhere else.

I agree I'd like him to pick one of the funner ones. We literally have no idea what skills Archenemy increases (likely got it for being an enemy of multiple gods and maybe 1 nation, so maybe it increase Slay God?).
Demon Lord User sounds like it'd just increase tongue things and the like and Break Soul, so while that sounds fun, not as helpful for beating up an S rank adventurer since he needs stronger firepower and not just simply more options of firepower.
Dungeon Creator just sounds not very useful for his revenge. I mean, he could use it to get more resources for Tarosheim (since their salt veins are literally replenished inside of a dungeon that just infinitely spawns salt), but unless he wants to go full on enemy of the world, creating dungeons doesn't sound too helpful since his dungeons are all friendly to him and won't be usable as a place for training him or his minions (since Vandalieu doesn't kill friendly creatures that haven't wronged him).
Now that I think about it, I think he's just literally chosen them in the order he's gotten them. Like always the first Job in the list.
Besides, most of his Jobs sound like support ones that strengthen minions.

On the bright side, the Insect User job sounds surprisingly fun compared to its first impression. He seems to have gotten some sort of Insect Armor? skill and maybe can become Kamen Rider.
That means he can now publicly be a monster and it'll all get pinned on that persona of him. Which means that'll probably ironically be called the new Demon Lord that everyone's been rumoring has revived.

Speculating on this series is fun, since it doesn't have the most obvious conclusions and actually leaves room for speculation, compared to some series and their instant satisfaction style of development.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2016-02-22 at 14:29. Reason: Typoooos
Old 2016-02-23, 03:48   Link #56
bludvein

I just think it's kind of annoying that he seems to go for what looks like the least helpful jobs. There's several that could've buffed his undead, magic, soul fighting, or martial arts. He hardly even uses insects. I have no doubt it will work out in the end, but it's still a poor use of time.

He's also in denial if he thinks showing his status to anyone won't make him enemy #1. Having a straight up devil job or the seemingly non-threatening insect one isn't going to change that his status plate would read like the resume of a juvenile demon king.
Old 2016-03-22, 13:12   Link #57
sasuke706

And the protagonist steadily becomes more and more inhuman.
His race being a dhampir and this point is cute in comparison.

I also learned the author has a pixiv where he's done some...interesting things.
Like an R18 zombie harem story.
Old 2016-03-22, 23:09   Link #58
bludvein

He continues the trend of the whole sub-optimal creepy support jobs that somehow turn out useful. The ability to grow plants on your body is handy, but seriously wtf? I'm also kind of annoyed we didn't get a renewed job list, so I guess we have to assume there were no new ones.

Anyway, I don't really get what the goal is atm. Why are they protecting this village instead of going back to their city again?
Old 2016-03-22, 23:37   Link #59
sasuke706

He actually said there were no new jobs in the chapter. Which is a miracle considering he's gained like 4 options for every one completed so far.
I find the ability to be a living greenhouse to be amusing.
Instant food is nice. More of a support job, although he did use it to grow roots and skewer one poor sap already.
And grow a tree that flings cannon apples. It's basically instant-minions in a fight.

They're protecting the village(s) because:
1. Vandalieu's opinion of the duchy is rock bottom. However, the new settlement villagers have been nice to him, and seeing as people being nice to the protagonist is rare, he likes them. Not to mention the adventurer trio are hilarious.
2. Vandalieu really doesn't like murder as much as he does it himself. He generally kills people who walk around with spirits on them claiming the person they're possessing unjustly killed them. So killing a bunch of asshole knights trying to murder people is basically common sense to him. Not doing it when he can get away with it would be weird. Note that no one ever said the protagonist was sane.
3. He's going to get more human citizens for his kingdom... Of which some might turn into vampires, ghouls, or other horrors because they can. The knight attack is the easiest way to convince them to willingly come to his kingdom of undead and monsters since they aren't wanted anywhere else.
4. He's actually been back to his city a lot. He's only been going out lately (in story several months have passed in the fourth volume via time skips) to see the villages.
5. He seems to be spreading Vida's fame as a goddess. Naturally letting people he's converted get slaughtered would be bad.
Pretty sure he isn't actually interested in spreading her religion and is more just using her name as an excuse so people don't question how he does things, or why things happened that he secretly caused, though.
Not to mention he promised the lich he'd be Vida's messenger or whatever.

He didn't really have a clear goal for the villages at the start, though.
Really, his only goals have been revive mom, get revenge, and have a good life with people who don't try to kill him.
The last two have been so-so successful at least?
Old 2016-03-23, 02:09   Link #60
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
He actually said there were no new jobs in the chapter. Which is a miracle considering he's gained like 4 options for every one completed so far.
I must've missed that, but you'd think there would be at least some evolved forms of previous jobs. It's interesting that he seems to have inherited the heroes talents for craft jobs. Despite having no professional bonus at all he's got a wide variety of craft skills at decent levels. He even taught himself most of it.

Is it ever mentioned whether it's possible Vandalieu could get access to the rank system of non-humans in the future?

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist