AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-16, 06:33   Link #2321
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
So apparently they drive on the right side in Academy City, as seen in Railgun. Either the adaptation is crappy, or a certain someone's influence made it more British.
Hey it might be that way in Japan by default... anyone know >.<
Old 2014-02-16, 08:57   Link #2322
desrtsku
Nympholept

Japan has left-hand traffic regulations. Which means the driver seat is always located on the right side of their vehicles.
Old 2014-02-16, 11:52   Link #2323
leukrota

Quote:
So apparently they drive on the right side in Academy City, as seen in Railgun. Either the adaptation is crappy, or a certain someone's influence made it more British.
Can't be the latter, they also drive on the left side in Britain
Old 2014-02-16, 13:57   Link #2324
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Can't be the latter, they also drive on the left side in Britain
Er, no...?
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-02-16, 17:59   Link #2325
Inept Forum User

Random wondering

On the left side of the road, on the right side of the car.

Just wondering about a little something without any form of evidence to support or deny it; in NT 2 there was mention of the Nicholas Foundation, there was also mention in the same volume about the #10 Saint who according to an interview has been continually flying through the sky for years. I was thinking about whether or not there was a possibility that there may be a connection, though there is nothing to confirm or deny one (and next to nothing on either anyway).

Though we know nothing about it, do you think we might learn a bit more about the Nicholas Foundation if and when the story reaches Christmas?

Another thing I was wondering about - whether the materials/persons currently around Sargasso would be able to produce a certain fake corpse (one sufficient enough to fool everyone it needs to)?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-02-17 at 18:31. Reason: Trying to get things right. Will add the other questions, speculations and other stuff later...hopefully
Old 2014-02-16, 20:22   Link #2326
Miraluka
Banned

- A flying saint.
- The Royal Astronomy Research Instituo that works for the Queen.
- Endymion.
- Nicholas Foundation.

I'm sure those involves the sky no matter how you see them.
Old 2014-02-17, 04:11   Link #2327
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Er, no...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
On the left side of the road, on the right side of the car.

Just wondering about a little something without any form of evidence to support or deny it; in NT 2 there was mention of the Nicholas Foundation, there was also mention in the same volume about the #10 Saint who according to an interview has been continually flying through the sky for years. I was thinking about whether or not there was a possibility that there may be a connection, though there is nothing to confirm or deny one (and next to nothing on either anyway).

Though we know nothing about it, do you think we might learn a bit more about the Nicholas Foundation if and when the story reaches Christmas?

Another thing I was wondering about - whether the materials/persons currently around Sargasso would be able to produce a certain fake corpse?
I think it was on the left side of the road, right side of the car, though I'm not sure... they might have shown both.

Either way, everyone is forgetting AC is an independent nation and therefore does not abide by Japanese Traffic Laws. It doesn't even have a court system; it has it's own ways of enforcing justice. Therefore, how people go about their business in the city is decided probably by Aleister.
Old 2014-02-17, 09:29   Link #2328
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Either way, everyone is forgetting AC is an independent nation and therefore does not abide by Japanese Traffic Laws.
-Decided probably by Aleister.-
Spoiler for nevermind - + we're starting to stray off topic-:

tl;dr : most of their main roads must be connected to Tokyo's anyway, not forgetting about their employees being in great majority Japanese citizens who are most likely used to left hand traffic. So even if Aleister was Murrican, he'd still probably have chosen the left hand traffic for practical purpose.
Old 2014-02-17, 15:42   Link #2329
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Er, no...?
I meant left side of the road, as Inept Forum User said...

I assumed that dniv was talking about that, but now I checked the beginning of Railgun and the animation shows the proper hand traffic for Japan.

So it's just a misunderstanding in the end.
Old 2014-02-17, 18:38   Link #2330
Inept Forum User

Just wondering, which of the various stuff introduced in the Amakusa SS do you reckon may turn out to be more important later on in the main storyline? (you know how a fair amount of stuff from the Kanzaki SS was used in the main storyline, some more than others)

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-02-17 at 18:42. Reason: Improving to try and avoid miscommunication.
Old 2014-02-17, 20:56   Link #2331
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post
Just wondering, which of the various stuff introduced in the Amakusa SS do you reckon may turn out to be more important later on in the main storyline? (you know how a fair amount of stuff from the Kanzaki SS was used in the main storyline, some more than others)
Of course it is side stories work like this in Toaru:

Magic SS: Foreshadowing.
Railgun SS: Reckoning techno from the novels.
Old 2014-02-18, 07:39   Link #2332
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Of course it is side stories work like this in Toaru:

Magic SS: Foreshadowing.
Railgun SS: Reckoning techno from the novels.
I'm aware of that. What I was asking was which of the potential pieces of foreshadowing and whatnot would turn out to have a more important role later on in the main storyline.

The Kanzaki SS had a lot of stuff that was later used in the main story, but some of it was more prominent than the rest - some were key elements while others only had a brief mention or none at all. For example, Norse Mythology as a whole played a key role and the forging of Gungnir was the focus for much of the GREMLIN saga - they were prominent elements. On the other hand, some of the other things that were brought up in the sidestory have had merely a little mention or reference (like for example, the Tarnkappe), or nothing at all yet, and others have been somewhere in between the two (the Dvergrs and the creation of artificial Valkyries might fall into this category).

In the Amakusa SS, we've had stuff like the Cthulhu Mythos, folklore which has fallen into the "cracks", a lost magic system, RARI, the business with the "pound economy", Stonehenge etc. Only some of the various things which have cropped up may appear in the main story in the future, so I was wondering which of them people reckoned would be the ones which would turn out to be the important pieces later on.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-02-18 at 08:27. Reason: Improving to avoid miscommunication.
Old 2014-02-19, 01:54   Link #2333
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

gilgamesh , satan and a vampire, next?
Old 2014-02-20, 11:59   Link #2334
Javiersansano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
gilgamesh , satan and a vampire, next?
Kamachi owes us vampires since volume 2 with himegami's power
Old 2014-02-20, 12:22   Link #2335
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Actually, I'm guessing ghosts are soon to come especially since Will-san even said that even she, who is beyond life and death in a way, can't talk to ghosts or anything, and I'm sure Aogami mentioned ghost girls somewhere along his encyclopedia of girls he wouldn't mind dating.
Old 2014-02-20, 14:36   Link #2336
Javiersansano

Quote:
Actually, I'm guessing ghosts are soon to come especially since Will-san even said that even she, who is beyond life and death in a way, can't talk to ghosts or anything, and I'm sure Aogami mentioned ghost girls somewhere along his encyclopedia of girls he wouldn't mind dating.
And you are asuming that everything Aogami listed in his encyclopedia actually exists... Actually, that's probably the case.

Something tells me that Aogami, Tsuchimikado (sometimes) and other gag characters are Kamachi's way of self insertion
Old 2014-02-20, 18:49   Link #2337
Pablete
Banned

Quote:
Anihilatus probably has killed lots of ghost and there aren't enough to be left for the series.
Old 2014-02-22, 00:08   Link #2338
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
It remind me with a certain ecchi harem anime which have alien girl (two of them are Saten&Uiharu with pink hair), transformation weapon girl, and even ghost....
Old 2014-02-22, 00:38   Link #2339
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
It remind me with a certain ecchi harem anime which have alien girl (two of them are Saten&Uiharu with pink hair), transformation weapon girl, and even ghost....
Dear God, please don't bring that up.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-02-22, 01:55   Link #2340
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
-_-

they would probably already pregnant if touman is in that world he even need to lock himself inside his bathroom to stop doing a crime at night

Tags
novel predictions