AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-04-03, 09:28   Link #6661
ellifeedn
Thinker

Guys, seriously, give it a rest.
Old 2014-04-03, 09:58   Link #6662
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Tsunade just wrote that's not what he thinks.

Subjelikeloy, we can't know that, we don't know what it would have looked like.

It's something called "opinions", maybe you heard of it? And it's not like those same people gave clear and concise explanations instead of resorting to bashing, which you should at least aknowledge instead of not so subtly implying that they are just hating.

Woe is you.

What they are arguing it's that she's not always relevant, big difference.

So that your own views can't be confronted and everyone you talk to have the same opinions, avoiding confrontations? Last I checked, Animesuki isn't a hugbox, people not enjoying same aspects of a story as you isn't reprehensible. Get over it yourself.

What I dislike more than haters is people seeing every criticism as complainings, and moralizing people from their high horses.

If you think they are trying to "make people conform to their own way of thinking", provide solid counterargument like dniv does, or be quiet.
But if the author has her take part in the story wether it's a small role, just an appearance, or id helping with the current situation at hand it doesn't change the fact that the author had her appear, which means there was a need for her to appear, which means wether she participates or not, wether she has a small role or big role, wether it's just an appearance is or will be relevant. Just because you have a biased outlook torwards a character it does not mean that character that the author found relevant enough to put into the story was "just crammed into the story just because" if anything the same can be said about index, why is she in Sargasso? It's not like she's gonna be much use there.

And how is you telling me to shut up better than me asking why not make a thread for a kind of discussion?
Old 2014-04-03, 10:56   Link #6663
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
But if the author has her take part in the story wether it's a small role, just an appearance, or id helping with the current situation at hand it doesn't change the fact that the author had her appear, which means there was a need for her to appear, which means wether she participates or not, wether she has a small role or big role, wether it's just an appearance is or will be relevant. Just because you have a biased outlook torwards a character it does not mean that character that the author found relevant enough to put into the story was "just crammed into the story just because"
Quote me the people here who actually dislike Misaka as a character instead of the role she's playing lately, and you might have a point. You are once again making sweeping generalization by putting any criticism under "bias".

The problem is, when a main character's appearance litteraly does nothing to help the plot move along, or if they could be removed from a storyline and it would make no difference at all, or if the plot have to figurately bends backwards to justify their presence, you have a problem. It is detrimental to the story and the character in question.

And I'm not talking about NT8 either, earlier volumes provide plenty of examples.

Quote:
The same can be said about index, why is she in Sargasso? It's not like she's gonna be much use there.
Are you joking, there is no equivalence to be made here, if anything Index should have participated in many more magical incidents.
Quote:
And how is you telling me to shut up better than me asking why not make a thread for a kind of discussion?
Because I'm actually telling you to make your case instead of whining against other posters, and if you can't then you should shut up. I'm asking you to debate like a mature and honest individual, by actually looking at the arguments being made instead of strawmanning, and not acting like the big baby who can't take it. You basically advocate that any thread with Mikoto in it to be expurged from dissenting opinion so you can pretend that they don't exist. A hugbox, or the internet equivalent of Pleasantville.

Pretty sure that you are on another level than me.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-04-03, 10:59   Link #6664
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
But if the author has her take part in the story wether it's a small role, just an appearance, or id helping with the current situation at hand it doesn't change the fact that the author had her appear, which means there was a need for her to appear, which means wether she participates or not, wether she has a small role or big role, wether it's just an appearance is or will be relevant. Just because you have a biased outlook torwards a character it does not mean that character that the author found relevant enough to put into the story was "just crammed into the story just because" if anything the same can be said about index, why is she in Sargasso? It's not like she's gonna be much use there.
I'm just going to answer you in the Index threads...the discussion is starting to lean way too much to the Index LNs...
I imagine the mods are getting quite frustrated.
Old 2014-04-03, 11:11   Link #6665
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Spoiler for massive Index and Snow White spoilers:
Ok, no more Snow White spoiling then.

About NT4
Spoiler for LN NT4:
Anyway, closing back on topic just so people don't say we are derailing.

I think next Railgun arc is an appropriate place for Mikoto to "recover her thunder", so to speak.

Last edited by leukrota; 2014-04-03 at 11:53.
Old 2014-04-03, 11:11   Link #6666
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
Quote me the people here who actually dislike Misaka as a character instead of the role she's playing lately, and you might have a point. You are once again making sweeping generalization by putting any criticism under "bias".

The problem is, when a main character's appearance litteraly does nothing to help the plot move along, or if they could be removed from a storyline and it would make no difference at all, or if the plot have to figurately bends backwards to justify their presence, you have a problem. It is detrimental to the story and the character in question.

And I'm not talking about NT8 either, earlier volumes provide plenty of examples.

Are you joking, there is no equivalence to be made here, if anything Index should have participated in many more magical incidents.

Because I'm actually telling you to make your case instead of whining against other posters, and if you can't then you should shut up. I'm asking you to debate like a mature and honest individual, by actually looking at the arguments being made instead of strawmanning, and not acting like the big baby who can't take it. You basically advocate that any thread with Mikoto in it to be expurged from dissenting opinion so you can pretend that they don't exist. A hugbox, or the internet equivalent of Pleasantville.

Pretty sure that you are on another level than me.
When did I say that? All I did was say/ask why not make a thread for that, nothing more if it pisses you that I did than so be it, if you think that I'm so far beneath you that I'm not trying to make a point so be it not my fault you are butthurt/offended (for some illogical reason) for me having made a suggestion. Also I long ago realized there are certain individuals tjat can't be reasoned with so I see no point in trying to explain myself when all it's going to do is start a flame war, also I see no reason to reply to people that find a need to attack someone because they feel "superior".
Old 2014-04-03, 13:53   Link #6667
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post

About NT4
Spoiler for LN NT4:
Anyway, closing back on topic just so people don't say we are derailing.

I think next Railgun arc is an appropriate place for Mikoto to "recover her thunder", so to speak.
I see what you did there.
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen