AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2016-04-21, 15:24   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Mitsuki One-Shot Manga Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting another's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 17:33   Link #2
cyberdemon

finally some info on what Mitsuki is. Guess it was obvious but nice to confirm lol
Old 2016-04-21, 18:09   Link #3
bakato

What he was was obvious, but we still don't know the important thing: is Orochimaru the mother or the father?
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 19:28   Link #4
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Orochimaru being a genuinely good guy is strange, but welcoming.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-21, 21:55   Link #5
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Orochimaru being a genuinely good guy is strange, but welcoming.
Good from a certain point of view. He certainly had the best of intentions, but his methods are extreme as usual. But well, Oro probably thinks as long as no permanent harm is done, it doesn't matter how many times he needs to mind wipe his own son. For Oro, what matters s the outcome, not how he gets there.
Old 2016-04-21, 23:15   Link #6
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

oh new boruto begins next issue, sucks how its gonna be monthly lets hope its more than 16 pages at least
Old 2016-04-22, 01:21   Link #7
Sixth
Hu Tao

I guess unlike DBZ fighters, Orochimaru sought a method to realize a "super saiayan" on his child. He just knew that his son cannot compete at top tier if he doesn't master the sage mode. Best gift ever.

So, the Boruto upcoming chapter, is the artist is actually good? I heard that it wasn't done by Kishimoto himself. So I am kinda worry of bad art.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 03:37   Link #8
LevelSeven

rather good chapter, im not that fond of orochimaru and his million clones but well, at least kunai exist again
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 05:48   Link #9
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
oh new boruto begins next issue, sucks how its gonna be monthly lets hope its more than 16 pages at least
All monthly manga have an average of 30 to 40 pages
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 10:29   Link #10
Galaxian

Found the one-shot a bit confusing, but I really like the sun and moon allegory.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 18:52   Link #11
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
All monthly manga have an average of 30 to 40 pages
That's when they are in monthly magazines the Boruto manga is still in weekly jump so it will probably be 16-20 pages.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-22, 23:20   Link #12
Random14

Really odd seeing Orochimaru being kind of... nice? So much for keeping him under house arrest, but oh well. Compared to all the other conspiracies he got up to before, sending his "son" to enroll alongside Boruto is pretty harmless.

Don't think I even got any hints of him preparing either of them as spare bodies or something like that. He's really mellowed out.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 02:41   Link #13
Levani
貴方が私のマスターか?

I honestly think Orochimaru's character has been assassinated. I just cannot register this man as that character when he was introduced in the Chunnin Exams in Part One. And I see no development that warrants such a drastic change.

I'll just headcanon it as that real Orochimaru died when Sasuke killed him and the rest are just some clones, or something.
Old 2016-04-23, 04:11   Link #14
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I'll just headcanon it as that real Orochimaru died when Sasuke killed him and the rest are just some clones, or something.
would make the most sense
orochimaru got killed and reborn so many times that his mind is totally messed up
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-23, 06:12   Link #15
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levani View Post
I honestly think Orochimaru's character has been assassinated. I just cannot register this man as that character when he was introduced in the Chunnin Exams in Part One. And I see no development that warrants such a drastic change.

You had to realise that the "old" Orochimaru was obsessed with obtaining immortality. And after the events of the great war he basically achieved it.

He is acting differently now because his goal is different. Because he already "won", got what he wanted out of it, and is now moving to the next stage of his life. The guy has mastered eternal life, and is trying something different now. He is evil, but he isn't evil for evil's sake.
Old 2016-04-24, 03:03   Link #16
OtakuSwish

So is Mitsuki an Otsutsuki? He has the single horn on his forehead like Kaguya
OtakuSwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-24, 13:11   Link #17
Wandering Soul

Still can't get used to Orochimaru being benevolent. All he wanted to do was make sure Mitsuki made his own decision and send him to Boruto.

He did dodge the most important question though. Is Orochimaru the mother or father?
Old 2016-04-28, 09:23   Link #18
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Just read it and I satisfied.

So that's how Orochimaru act as parent, still using extreme method as usual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You had to realise that the "old" Orochimaru was obsessed with obtaining immortality. And after the events of the great war he basically achieved it.

He is acting differently now because his goal is different. Because he already "won", got what he wanted out of it, and is now moving to the next stage of his life. The guy has mastered eternal life, and is trying something different now. He is evil, but he isn't evil for evil's sake.
This.

If I may add, while chasing immortality, 'old' Orochimaru is also obsessed to reach the understanding of knowledge of all things.
However, after saw how Kabuto, who became his 'successor', ended up in failure while Sasuke who rebel to him succeed, he noticed that Sasuke growth turned out to be taking interesting route that he never considered before hence saying he's looking forward to see how Sasuke change the world while helping Alliance, even saying that he can quite understand why Jiraiya and Tsunade taking disciple.

Mitsuki existence and how he wishes for Mitsuki to have a free will is practically an extension to that, how the next generation decided who you are. Orochimaru isn't a young man, he's older than Jiraiya by now, so I can understand if he's taking that direction.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote