AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-30, 15:42   Link #1
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Archived Index LN Future Volume Speculation/Theories

This is a thread to speculate about future developments in the Index Light Novels. Please use the appropriate thread if you want to discuss things that have already happened in released volumes.

Please stay on-topic.
  • No shipping talk
  • No pointless chatter
  • No posting raws or novel illustrations
  • No posting translations of the novels themselves
  • No asking about when translations will be done
  • No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
  • No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.

NOTE: It is assumed that you are familiar with the most recently-released novel content when discussing in this thread. If you are discussing content from recent novels that has yet to be summarized or translated, please use spoiler tags and carefully identify the novel volume you're discussing.
Old 2013-05-30, 22:28   Link #2
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Since I am assuming that NT 7 now counts as having been completely translated on BT, I am guessing we will see the magic side for a bit and see further into Gremlin's plans. We might see the #6 pop up eventually.

However, there are some things that are bothering me. Kihara Yuiitsu ranked Rikou's development as Gold. Since Agitate Halation was Platinum and has now been completed, the next plan/project for Kihara Noukan and Kihara Yuiitsu is now messing with Rikou. I feel like anything involving Rikou from now on will far, far surpass anything we saw in Agitate Halation.

We heard in the first series that AC hopes that Rikou can have esper powers such that she can take away any esper powers, produce any esper power at a required level, create any esper power, and just rearrange different espers' powers. If she becomes a level 5, then all of the espers powers will suddenly switch completely and things will go very wrong.

The only untouchable person would be imaginebreaker and maybe Gunha (not sure because he is a gemstone). I just can't imagine how crazy the volume involving this plot is going to be. It is definitely going to surpass Agitate Halation in craziness though, I can tell this. Maybe we'll see level fives working together?

As railgun S episode 9 says, ability router/ aim stalker is about her and we will see her in action... But I'm kind of curious/worried as to what will happen when she becomes a level 5... I am also wondering about the power that the #6 has.

Is Touma going to be able to cure the Rensas sometime soon? Is Touma going to deal with more contradictions soon that are going to hurt him even more?

Is Mikoto going to get an important role finally because of Misaki? I wonder... I say this because of the recent chapter of railgun, chapter 60 that has been translated, but unfinished so far: spoilers:

Spoiler:
Old 2013-05-31, 00:18   Link #3
Rovert10

Gunha is probably untouchable from Rikou since his AIM field and ability are just big mysteries.

Touma has always faced these contradictions, he's idealistic yet also realistic (oxymoron maybe?). He isn't really hurt by any of these contradictions. He's always had that mentality to finish what he started regardless of the circumstances.
Even as he fought Accelerator back in WWIII he stated that there isn't a need for heroes, just people willing to protect.
It's clear that Touma has made peace (doesn't care maybe) with these "contradictions" or simply there are not contradictions to begin with. Rensa tried to make these "contradictions" but was way off on what Touma's pillar of strength was. He was never truly hurt in the first place. Maybe a bit guility for a brief second but quickly fades away.

Also it isn't Touma's job to heal the Rensas now. His job is done and can only hope that technology improves that they can be saved. He can leave with a clear concience that he at least gave them the opportunity to do so. But who knows what a doctor like Heaven's Canceller can do.
Old 2013-05-31, 00:29   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I have a feeling the next book would still be about the science side- one superficial reason is the cover page, I strongly believe that Kamachi intends to have the last two Lv 5s on it, meaning the story would involve them somehow and so it'll be a science side deal.

A stronger reasoning is that the whole Tsuchimikado thing is still left hanging- I don't think this is something that can be brushed aside or hidden away...
Old 2013-05-31, 02:26   Link #5
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I have a feeling the next book would still be about the science side- one superficial reason is the cover page, I strongly believe that Kamachi intends to have the last two Lv 5s on it, meaning the story would involve them somehow and so it'll be a science side deal.

A stronger reasoning is that the whole Tsuchimikado thing is still left hanging- I don't think this is something that can be brushed aside or hidden away...
You know. I would really like to see that a lot more than seeing what happened with Othinus/Ollerus. Those two things can wait in my opinion. I mean, it isn't like it isn't interesting... I just don't want Tsuchimikado's position to be up in the air like you said. But since he is also part of the magic side, I don't see why he couldn't have gone somewhere to the magic side. You are probably right that he is in academy city though. Otherwise, Touma would hurt/kill Kaizumi and would find out about Seria (like he promised Kaizumi).

Kamachi might just do it to increase tension. Tsuchimikado might be in the mini Index SSS bundled with the railgun DVDs as well, right? This would be a good way for Kamachi to resolve that issue and proceed smoothly to the magic side in Volume 8. We really just have to wait and see.

But... I feel like the next thing in Academy City will involve Rikou in some shape or form. I feel like the Kiharas are never at rest. Maybe we might see a book that involves just #5 and #6 and maybe see at the end of the book Kiharas beginning plans to get Rikou (eventually, maybe book 8 or 9), but I also think it is likely that Kamachi will instead show #5 and #6 in Misaki's flashback in chapter 61. I mean we know that #5 knows the #6. So I don't see why #6 couldn't have been involved in her flashback at some point. I feel like there is a good chance of this especially after Kamachi giving us that false taste of the #6 in volume 7, just recently. Otherwise, I hope the #6 has an ability that has to do with magic so he is part of the magic side and we will see his involvement and Tsuchimikado's next volume. I'm really curious as to how everything is going to go. Good point though about the fact that publicly it will be revealed that Tsuchimikado has died... if it is revealed... would it be revealed? He's part of the dark side... why would his death be revealed? This would cause an investigation right? People will just think Tsuchimikado is missing like usual. It is completely possible Touma will go somewhere else for a volume or two, then come back, and then discover about this issue afterwards.

BTW can anyone direct me to the part that mentioned blowing up Kilauhuea. I feel like this is going to be the next issue that weighs on Touma's heart. I agree though with Rovert10 though that Touma's contradictions are pretty small at this point. However, this is the first time that Touma "killed" someone to save someone else. He kind of technically made Rensa #29 almost commit suicide in order to protect Yakumi by destroying her mechanical heart, because Rensa #29 didn't know about the back-up plan for Yakumi. Knowing this, Touma almost killed someone on purpose. This is a large contradiction, possibly a large enough contradiction that makes it almost impossible for things to go back to normal with everyone smiling in the end. I mean he destroyed the Rensa unit that the brains could have lived in... if he is keeping them in cryogenic storage... hm...

I would really appreciate it if events in the Daihasesai arc of the railgun manga directly affect future events and the present in the main light novels in a meaningful way. At this point, the events seem like they could have a large/significant correlation, so I am hopeful. I hope the railgun manga continues to bring interesting impacts on the main series.
Old 2013-05-31, 07:33   Link #6
Rovert10

I doubt Touma is actually guilty of having to kill someone to save another even here.
Using lethal force is an option but he's inclined to not take it if other solutions are there such as the fight with Thor.
If no other options are availible, he'll move to save the 1 at the cost of the other as shown in NT7 without much of a second thought.
He did save the Rensas, while they're in a cyro state, he got them the chance to live their lives once technology solves their situation.

Again Touma is a realist and probably knows that the good endings he has always gotten are pretty much just plain good luck on his part (ironic isn't it?)
He knows things will go to shit. If he can't get the good ending so be it, Touma is prepared for that as well. He'll try his damn hardest to get it though.

It isn't so much a contradiction but rather just making the tough choices which Touma is very prepared to do so.
Touma isn't the kind of person to dwell on things so much that they slow him down.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:05   Link #7
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rovert10 View Post
I doubt Touma is actually guilty of having to kill someone to save another even here.
Using lethal force is an option but he's inclined to not take it if other solutions are there such as the fight with Thor.
If no other options are availible, he'll move to save the 1 at the cost of the other as shown in NT7 without much of a second thought.
He did save the Rensas, while they're in a cyro state, he got them the chance to live their lives once technology solves their situation.

Again Touma is a realist and probably knows that the good endings he has always gotten are pretty much just plain good luck on his part (ironic isn't it?)
He knows things will go to shit. If he can't get the good ending so be it, Touma is prepared for that as well. He'll try his damn hardest to get it though.

It isn't so much a contradiction but rather just making the tough choices which Touma is very prepared to do so.
Touma isn't the kind of person to dwell on things so much that they slow him down.
You bring up good points. By the way, in terms of interesting future speculation. I have a feeling like part of the reason Crowley knows so much about IB was because he might have been the last person to have had IB. Does anyone else agree with this possibility? After he lost his ideals, he lost IB because it didn't choose him anymore?
Old 2013-05-31, 08:37   Link #8
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
You bring up good points. By the way, in terms of interesting future speculation. I have a feeling like part of the reason Crowley knows so much about IB was because he might have been the last person to have had IB. Does anyone else agree with this possibility? After he lost his ideals, he lost IB because it didn't choose him anymore?
Crowley was famous for being the most powerful magician so I doubt it.
Old 2013-05-31, 14:06   Link #9
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Crowley was famous for being the most powerful magician so I doubt it.
Could he have IB and still use magic? I mean if he just used his other hand for magic would he be able to do it?
Old 2013-05-31, 14:27   Link #10
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Could he have IB and still use magic? I mean if he just used his other hand for magic would he be able to do it?
Mana is stored in the body and as his right hand is a part of his body...
Old 2013-05-31, 14:41   Link #11
Acer
Death to the infidels!

I do not believe that Touma is shaken by these issues, the volume 2 and 3 of the old testament he witnessed many deaths and blood, and still managed to maintain his normal life, and still have several other examples of shit that he witnessed, and that this NT started, just fuck is happening, in volume 3 it was used by Birdy and it gave start to the event bagagge City, which undoubtedly was a hell of a volume violent, he was blamed for the death of Kagun, had his arm ripped off and soon after was trying to save people who had been transformed into furniture by Marian, what happened in the last volume only showed that he is maturing or better, changing. which is normal with all he comes through. is normal.
Old 2013-05-31, 15:28   Link #12
furaiz
Reason is Omniscient
*Author

Personally, with everything that's been happening recently around Touma, it might get to a point where he is simply unable to affect events, that would be a serious emotional trauma for him. Its possible that the Rensa incident is only foreshadowing some later themes where he may be forced to truly kill a person. Then again, that's just the way the story seems to be going, its getting deeper into the core of what makes Touma. Then again, we never see him hit that crisis point and he'll just happily blow away any insecurity. I'd certainly like to see him hit that point near the end of the Aleister plan or whatever, it would really cause a lot of turmoil for a lot of people close to him, as well as for himself.

That's not considering there are already some dark facets to touma anyway, they just don't get voiced extremely rarely.
Old 2013-05-31, 15:45   Link #13
Acer
Death to the infidels!

as in the old testament the characters more were changing were the Acc and Hamazura, like to think that in the NT, Kamachi concentrate on Touma (but not only him, of course)
Old 2013-05-31, 16:08   Link #14
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv
No. Like I said long time ago in the old novels thread.

Aleister did meet the previous Imagine Breaker user and maybe ended being defeated by said user. Aleister got his illusions broken, proably nerfed on his power, Necessarius hunted him down and gave up on magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by furaiz
Then again, we never see him hit that crisis point and he'll just happily blow away any insecurity. I'd certainly like to see him hit that point near the end of the Aleister plan or whatever, it would really cause a lot of turmoil for a lot of people close to him, as well as for himself.
In order to have Touma against the walls, you don't need to shake his ideals, he won't care and act as fast as possible.

What you need is use his emotions, open a wound on his heart and then chain him to it. If you use one of the people who he is emotionally attached to, the better. For example it was just a chance but making him fight a wounded and exhausted Tsuchimikado without knowing why was enough to make him cry.

Think like Laura Stuart .
Old 2013-06-01, 00:44   Link #15
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Aleister did meet the previous Imagine Breaker user and maybe ended being defeated by said user. Aleister got his illusions broken, proably nerfed on his power, Necessarius hunted him down and gave up on magic.

In order to have Touma against the walls, you don't need to shake his ideals, he won't care and act as fast as possible.

What you need is use his emotions, open a wound on his heart and then chain him to it. If you use one of the people who he is emotionally attached to, the better. For example it was just a chance but making him fight a wounded and exhausted Tsuchimikado without knowing why was enough to make him cry.

so basically give TouMAN another over powered loli /that's free loader in which he'll go bankrupt , then scavenging for food, clothes and finally he'll live inside a card board box for inner peace and true happiness

i think thats how Laura Stuart troll mind thinks, case and point index

Last edited by kaizerknight01; 2013-06-01 at 00:56.
Old 2013-06-01, 02:09   Link #16
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

Sorry, I wasn't in the forum when you posted this. I am relatively new, like since two weeks ago or something... Anyway... ok... sure... but this means that Aleister Crowley saw the full extent of what magic breaker can do and it was used on him. Was that the reason people thought he was dead or something? My question is: I know he started science after this incident, but wouldn't imagine breaker have cured him from delusions, not made him worse?

Also, yeah, if you for example made Touma fight Index again or fight Mikoto seriously I don't think he would be able to hurt either of them and especially not hurt Index again. This is something he is kind of incapable of.
Old 2013-06-02, 00:15   Link #17
dniv
I知 sorry, Kamijou-san!!

SS Volume for earthquake relief summary translated by JS06

From the facebook fan page,
By js06:
The guy who runs this blog finally got his hands on a copy of a collection of short stories Dengeki released in winter 2011 as a charity book for earthquake relief.
He summarized the Kamachi SS inside:
Spoiler:

Let's hope js06 gets a copy of this in the future so that he can translate it! I want to read the SS

I'm not sure this counts as speculation, but I don't see where else to post it, and it hasn't been translated yet...

To transform this post into speculation: I wonder when Seria and Touma are going to finally get much closer to each other. Volume 7 of NT was the closest we've seen of them knowing the truth about each other so far. They go to the same school which would definitely affect their relationship after-all...
Old 2013-06-02, 00:19   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

WHAT?! Why were we not told of it's existence before ?!

Also, why is Aogami not dead yet ? He's even lower than Kamijou on the sacrificial food chain

P.S - piranha-filled river?! Are they in a hot spring inn somewhere in the Amazon ?!
Old 2013-06-02, 00:24   Link #19
Acer
Death to the infidels!

hahahaha, awesome. As such a treasure was hidden for so long? hardly a sin.
Old 2013-06-02, 00:26   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I lol'd at the comments

Quote:
"Himegami "
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions