AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2015-07-02, 07:45   Link #21
The One Above God
Kamijou

The best part of the chapter is Naruto telling Kurama to calm the fuck down and Shin(s) getting scared .

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 08:13   Link #22
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Nice way to end the side-story.

Sasuke may not the best father, but he learned and understand that his family want to spend time with him, it doesn't matter even if its just for a day.
Sarada also conclude her adventure in a good way, inspired by how Naruto tried to preserve her faith to her family which lead her to the 'best ending', now she wants to be a Hokage.

Nice to see Kabuto again, I guess this side-story also serve purposes to let us saw what happens to Orochimaru and co. after the war.
Somehow I feel sorry that Kabuto can't return to his old appearance after all genetic modification he did, I do glad he's taking charge of the orphanage now.

Too bad we didn't see Hinata, but that's for Boruto The Movie, it can't be helped.

Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 08:21   Link #23
Artful_Dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Seriously? That's what Kabuto's been doing? Guess Itachi really mind f&*$ed him good.
What are you talking about? Kabuto grew up in an orphanage helping out taking care of children. When we take his mother into consideration, this makes perfect sense for him now that he's redeemed himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
I wonder now if all the people who got so high strung about Sarada's parentage feel really really silly......
lol probably not. They'll still be here for the next story, acting as though they discovered some so called "plot-hole", despite not having all the information, and as if they know the story and characters better than the author. Of course, everything is usually explained in a perfectly plausible scenario the next week or two.

Last edited by Artful_Dodger; 2015-07-02 at 08:34.
Artful_Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 08:55   Link #24
Slayerx

A decent story, that wound up having a terrible and predictable ending. Sarada for the most part was the the good part. She was an identifiable character and I liked watching her journey; though she did stumble a bit at the end when it came to handling her neglectful father. Chouchou was amusing and Naruto had his moments as well. Can say the same for Sasuke and Sakura; Saskura was rather lack luster, and Sasuke just dragged the whole story down.

But the ending fell apart, and i'm not surprised since i did not expect kishi would really end this with making Sasuke look bad. Sarada seems to forgive her dad even though she pretty much has no reason to forgive him for his past decade of neglect. Yes Sarada thoughts and feelings are what's most important to family; and sasuke did not have enough thought and feelings to visit his family or atleast keep in contact... it would have made so much sense for her to remain critical of him, but Sasuke seems to be kishi's favorite character and thus can't allow him to actually be punished for his poor behavior; why kishi even bothered to write him AS a terrible father if he did not want him to be seen as one, I will never know. Also, It was painfully obvious that the DNA test was gonna end up being a red herring; nothing more than some added melodrama; so ya, no surprise there... Sasuke and Sakura lack any actual chemistry as a couple; even when they are close, they feel so distant. Really i'm be more annoyed by this ending if i didn't already guess that was how things would turn out. I knew it would be a crap ending, but atleast i enjoyed some of the journey getting there. Sarada's feelings for her mother however, was the only thing that was well handled in the end.

The shippers have their victory, though i'd call it a hollow victory... what's the point of having your ship be canon if its gonna be so terribly written? Y'know this is why i'm glad Oda doesn't even bother with romance in One piece; better to have no romance than a poorly written romance. When it comes to ships, i want to have a luxurious yaht not a leaky rowboat

Last edited by Slayerx; 2015-07-02 at 09:37.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 09:06   Link #25
itachi-san314

I kinda liked this side story. My only complaint is that the villains could have been more interesting, but I like how they ended up at the orphanage with Kabuto. The mysteries were pretty obvious from the get go, but this story felt more like the original Naruto series to me and meant for a younger audience again. I think everything wrapped up pretty perfectly in the end, even Chou Chou's big mystery lol!
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 09:19   Link #26
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
But the ending fell apart, and i'm not surprised since i did not expect kishi would really end this with making Sasuke look bad. Sarada seems to forgive her dad even though she pretty much has no reason to forgive him for his past decade of neglect...
I kind of read Sarada's story differently. While she does somewhat unnecessarily forgive Sasuke (he's still an unmitigated douche), I also felt her growth as a character actually moved beyond her original strict definition as Sasuke and Sakura's child (which is arguably the initial thesis of her story), to something more nebulous but ultimately accepting. And, the conclusion to her experience is not the be the best Uchiha she can be (implicitly, like her dad), but rather to move beyond her immediate family and 'adopt' a larger family as Hokage.

So, I read her moment with her father as equal parts forgiveness (however silly) and acceptance.

In other words, she ended the story still not knowing that Sakura is her biological parent, but she has gained the maturity to realize that such definition isn't entirely relevant. Consequently, she can accept Sasuke's douchyness now because she realize her family is not confined by her blood relations, and their idiosyncrasies, but family can be much larger and deeper than she had previously imagined. Sarada for Hokage 2016!

Or maybe I just like Sarada more than I previously thought .

Whatever the case, I'm going to miss you Chouchou.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 09:38   Link #27
itachi-san314

The Uchiha are certainly due for a Hokage. After 7 ninja they still haven't gotten a representative and that includes 2 ninja who were using their sharingans (although Danzo doesn't quite count I guess). Sarada as Hokage would be pretty fitting after all that. ...Or Shin... Or Shin... Or Shin... oh wait they will all have unique names now
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 09:43   Link #28
The Green One

If Boruto is going to find his own identity apart from his hero hokage father and not follow in his footsteps, someone eventually has to succeed him. Sarada would make an interesting second choice. Having a life goal would certainly give her some depth. Heartwarming how she looks up to Naruto enough to aspire to emulate him in regards to the village.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 09:56   Link #29
DKN117

Minor thing for anyone upset/confused/whatever about Sasuke not giving Sakura a goodbye forehead-poke:

He only has one arm. At that moment, the arm in question is holding a lunchbox. So unless he wants to thwack her in the face with that...
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 10:07   Link #30
LevelSeven

is this a plothole?

we see sasuke back in the village talking to the kages while sakura is there, it seems like she is pregnant at that time,

karin said that sarada was bron while the two searched after sasuke but...why?

if sasuke already told them what he was doing than it only sounds pointless for pregnant sakura to go on a sasuke-hunt -_-

and LOL at naruto, letting her pregnant best female friend go out without giving her at least a whole team as support XD
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 10:33   Link #31
jmacintosh

Is there still no explanation for why Sasuke is off in the woods for 10-12 years?
jmacintosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 11:01   Link #32
DerGilga
Banned

I called Shin a fodder from day 1, but I expected at least some kind of connection to the movie villain or the mistery around Kaguya. You know as kind of a teaser for the movie. But there was nothing. Did I miss something?

Sarada's story was good and had a nice ending.
DerGilga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 11:08   Link #33
DKN117

So after all the bravado and "the strongest survive" from the Shin-clone army, Kurama manages to terrify them all into submission?

...Granted, when faced with a pissed-off, 300-foot-tall mountain-destroying fox spirit, I suppose capitulation WOULD be the logical choice...
DKN117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 13:07   Link #34
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
So in the end... What was that gaiden about?
Kishi setting up a moral, then undermining it as per usual. Also answering the question of what became of Orochimaru, Kabuto, and Taka.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 13:27   Link #35
fuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacintosh View Post
Is there still no explanation for why Sasuke is off in the woods for 10-12 years?
there was...hes searching for that kagyua army reason thing
fuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 13:45   Link #36
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
And so Kishi's masturbatory Uchiha arc has finished, he just couldn't end it unless it had something to do with Sasuke could he? Pretty sure he could have added thid to the Sakura LN many here keep mentioning.
I think the real reason Shin exists was so that the Uchiha won't die out. That's the obvious real reason, lol. It makes for a "happy" ending since Sasuke managed to restore his clan (probably)...

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 14:27   Link #37
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

umm... so Uchiha would re-populate again from Shin

looking at Kabuto is a little weird but whatever eh...

so what kind of mission Sasuke did this time? I thought it already finished

ah! congratulations for Sarada... as expected, Suigetsu is a dumb troll
and Karin looks gorgeous.. now I wanted another arc about Sasuke, Sakura, and Karin's adventure
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 14:37   Link #38
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckE View Post
So in the end... What was that gaiden about?
Set up for the Boruto movie.
Old 2015-07-02, 14:55   Link #39
necrolyte

After the end of this mini series I think it was just some random thought that popped up in Kishi's head and he just decided to make some more money
Still it has some good points. We managed to see some of the characters and what they do now, more funny reactions and some cool moments of Naruto, also we get to know Sarada's character ,which happened to be pretty cool and last but not least we've seen 1 more time how bad of a person Sasuke really is. He saw his daughter after 10-12 years(I'm not sure) and after he didn't recognize her and attacked her he didn't even apologize + he left Sakura to raise their child alone for some stupid egoistic reason(s) and much more but I don't feel like writing them all.

Overall, pretty average work with very stupid villain but it was nice to see Naruto again.
necrolyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-02, 15:37   Link #40
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
and Karin looks gorgeous..
You mean Skrillex?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags