AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-02-14, 07:50   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 933 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

That time is here! Credit goes to AP's NoxDraz for the info:

-Chapter title is "Samurai's Mercy". Splash page features Eneru.

-The shogun is a wielder of the Mythical Zoan Hebi Hebi (Snake) no Mi, Model Orochi! It seems that each of his eight heads has their own distinct personality. He angrily demands an apology from Komurasaki for smacking him, but the courtesan stubbornly refuses. Despite his rage, he still loves the woman for her beauty, so he redirects his wrath towards his own men instead! Nonetheless, he still decides to punish the courtesan by swallowing her up!

-The Oniwabanshu ninja has Robin surrounded, but two of their number, Fuujin and Raijin, are scared off by Brooke, who's using his soul to spook them! Nami and Shinobu are about to join the action as well, but they notice an enemy ninja behind them, who's named Hanzou. Hanzou remembers how pretty Shinobu looked in her younger days, and is put off by her current appearance. This angers the kunoichi, who strikes him in the crotch, heh. She then uses her ninjutsu to rot the ceiling, which ends up falling on Orochi's heads, forcing him to spit out Komurasaki!

-Immediately after she's spat out, Kyoushirou approaches Komurasaki, blade drawn, and asks her if she's prepared to face punishment. The courtesan responds "yes", and thus the yakuza boss SLASHES her!!! Upon doing so, the gangster notices that she's holding Kinemon's drawing in her hand, and takes it from her after she collapses. A heartbroken Orochi asks Kyoushirou why he did what he did, and he responds that he was showing mercy as a samurai. The shogun becomes even more enraged than before, and targets both Toko AND Robin! However, before he swallows up both girls, Nami appears, who uses Zeus to zap him with thunder....!!!

-At Okobore Town, Kinemon's wife Otsuru offers Big Mom some food. The empress, who seems to have reverted to a childlike state due to her memory loss (acting much like her younger self from her earlier flashback), happily accepts Chopper's request to go to Udon (the province Luffy is imprisoned at), so she can get some tasty shiruko (sweet bean soup). Only nine days remain until the decisive battle begins.....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-02-15 at 11:57.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 08:51   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Oh, so wonderful Brook finally got into action.

Oh my... Orochi you.... good thing Shinobu can pull it off.

Nami, first time using Zeus to zap Orochi as Zeus' first debut as Nami's "slave". But, i'm more sorry for Toko since she went knocked out because of Brook's skeletal appearance. I guess it's also works for ninjas

I guess this is where Sanji can be more shining again. Cooking for Big Mom? No problem! Maybe Chopper can also help Big Mom cure her diseases while on that state.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-14, 12:21   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Not what I expected to happen. I assume Kyoushirou missed Komurasaki's vitals though, on purpose of course.
Old 2019-02-14, 16:07   Link #4
Hoodspirit

I don't think anyone buys Komurasaki's death. With her opening and closing acts, she is basically the narrator of the arc.
Wondering how Oda will scale Zeus attack.
Will it be weaker than on WCI due to him not being in a charged state? Or will he be even stronger as Nami had time to plan using him?
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 02:14   Link #5
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

"the one who falls in love first, you lose!"

oh not you too, Oda

That mark... is that from Komurasaki or from Hanzo, Nami, Shinobu?

and Nami suddenly become strong after joining hand with Zeus
this is a great chaotic chapter.. I like it
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 12:02   Link #6
marvelB

Okay, edited the summary. Yeah, it looks like Kyoushirou landed a nasty attack there on Komurasaki.... still, I also can't help but think it was a non-fatal strike. I'm slightly reminded of when Nami pretended to stab Usopp way back in the Arlong arc, actually. It might be a while before we find out the courtesan's fate, though.....

Also, looks like Chopper's gang are taking Big Mom on a Luffy rescue mission! Boy, will he and Kid be in for a shocker when they find out another emperor busted them out of prison!
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 12:15   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was looking forward to Kyoushirou's reaction after noticing the drawing but we didn't get to see it.
Old 2019-02-15, 17:24   Link #8
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Okay, edited the summary. Yeah, it looks like Kyoushirou landed a nasty attack there on Komurasaki.... still, I also can't help but think it was a non-fatal strike. I'm slightly reminded of when Nami pretended to stab Usopp way back in the Arlong arc, actually. It might be a while before we find out the courtesan's fate, though.....
It reminded me as well of that scene in Yu Yu Hakusho during the Dark Tournament arc where Togoro faked killing Kuwabara, so I figured this kind of stuff might end up being the case here.

If Kyoushiro is actually a part of the Kozuki movement, then he hid his involvement very damn well. If not, then he'll probably just hide it for Komurasaki's sake since it's implied he's looking out for her. Either way, this does make him ambiguous compared to Orochi and the Beasts Pirates' more obvious villainy.

And why do I get the feeling Big Mom -- or rather, Linlin -- is going to end up making her way to Udon Prison? It could be an... interesting reunion between her and Luffy after the utter chaos from the Wedding back on Whole Cake Island in Tottoland, although her Memory Loss might leave Luffy a little bit more at ease compared to back then.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-15, 19:24   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I could see Luffy hitting it off really well with Linlin, since both of them share a love for food. However, we should keep in mind that even when she was a child, she was already extremely dangerous. There's a chance she could lose control at any moment.

Still hoping this memory loss will have a sound explanation (Pudding).
Old 2019-02-15, 20:24   Link #10
mickbis

I just laughvso hatd seeing Shinobu Younger day image
And fat nanja Hanzo immediately rejected her current self
mickbis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-16, 09:53   Link #11
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I could see Luffy hitting it off really well with Linlin, since both of them share a love for food. However, we should keep in mind that even when she was a child, she was already extremely dangerous. There's a chance she could lose control at any moment.

Still hoping this memory loss will have a sound explanation (Pudding).
It might have been just a standard bump to the head hard enough to do that, but it depends on whether Pudding came along or not. If she did, then possibly eloping with Sanji might've been the prime motivator.

Although I doubt Luffy would just drop his guard around Linlin completely, he does have a good sense for knowing if someone is trustworthy especially from back when Law was still ambiguous before the Dressrosa arc cleared a lot of things up.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-18, 23:01   Link #12
Rainbowman

Best to leave Big Mom in that state of mind for the remainder of the series.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-19, 03:28   Link #13
WyrdMonger

^Wouldn’t that be cheap?
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-02-28, 14:26   Link #14
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyrdMonger View Post
^Wouldn’t that be cheap?
Now that you mention it, her children would not let that slide, so yes it would be cheap.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote