AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Horizon

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 11:42   Link #841
Dark Wing

That's a good example but I've yet to see any real harem-ish things going on in this series so its hard for me actually call harem on this series.
Old 2011-10-14, 12:06   Link #842
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

There are no words to describe Aoi Toori to me...well, maybe one. Legend.

Part of me wonders whether that'd be me if all inhibitions went out of the window and down the motorway. *ahem*.

Rewatched Episode 1 and seen Episode 2 now - really intrigued as to why P-01s is singing prior to the OP in both (not that I'm confused or anything - just curious). Either way, it's great that Minori Chihara sings both that and the OP - both great numbers in their own right (was a little worried when I heard Terminated at first, but now I love it!).

Heck, P-01s intrigues me regardless - can't remember a thing of her past and apparently resembles 'Horizon'. I'm honestly not sure whether she's a doll/robot that just resembles Horizon (she's as emotional as a brick, I'll give her that - I know Mazazumi says she is a doll, but I'm honestly not sure anymore) or that (never seen the source material, so wouldn't know) she is in fact Horizon (and her 'death' was faked).

In other news, Mitsotsudaira has the weirdest hair in history (wouldn't be surprised if there were rockets coming out of those curls of hers) - not that it's a bad thing though. It rocks . Plus points for her (like Makiko Oriotorai - sensei) giving Toori what for when he elected to 'practice' on her (and he gets what he deserves, haha ).

Also, genuinely felt gutted for Mazazumi Honda...that's a cruel way to have your life screwed with (being dismissed so suddenly to be replaced by robots - just after agreeing to become a boy) . Looks like the notion that 'girls are lesser to boys' holds true here - though I must admit, the look suits her. Honestly couldn't imagine her with large ones (and quite frankly, Toori has the right idea - she's just a girl with a flat chest )

By the way, anyone else reckon Suzu Mukai (the 'teacher' in Ep 2) resembles an early Nodoka Miyazaki of Negima?! fame? Purple hair over the eyes, knowledgeable and very shy.

Last but not least... "Tonight's fireworks will be fun"...eh? Either Motonobu is having an evil moment, or it's a troll moment of utter win. Either way, bring on Ep 3!
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:12   Link #843
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
In other news, Mitsotsudaira has the weirdest hair in history (wouldn't be surprised if there were rockets coming out of those curls of hers) - not that it's a bad thing though. It rocks.
You don't know how long I've waited for someone to say that.

Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:20   Link #844
momotarou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Btw, I'm going to ask this again, anyone know where this image came from? The novel?

This image was published in a series of magazines only.
The series has not been or book form. It is also not recorded in the novel.
momotarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:27   Link #845
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Did I mention in this thread that I would go gay for Aoi Toori? If not, let me. Because I totally would. Thus far the only guy, fictional or non-fictional, that I would do that for :3
Why can't you just be straight for all the other girls instead?
Old 2011-10-14, 14:31   Link #846
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

What about people who are straight for others girl, and still gay for Toori, like me?
Old 2011-10-14, 15:16   Link #847
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
What about people who are straight for others girl, and still gay for Toori, like me?
Does that make you bi? or whatever it's called.
Old 2011-10-14, 15:17   Link #848
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:

Is it wrong of me to expect a girl to be groped every episode from now on? At the rate they're going why not

Come on Toori! You're not a legend until that happens! For that matter, the real test is doing that to your sister! Come on! By the way robots don't count *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
You don't know how long I've waited for someone to say that.
Well you didn't have to wait long. I said that last week.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 15:42   Link #849
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
That's a good example but I've yet to see any real harem-ish things going on in this series so its hard for me actually call harem on this series.
Yeah I don't think it's possible to have a harem when you also have a mecha dude, a big muscled shirtless dude and a racist caricature in your posse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Rewatched Episode 1 and seen Episode 2 now - really intrigued as to why P-01s is singing prior to the OP in both (not that I'm confused or anything - just curious). Either way, it's great that Minori Chihara sings both that and the OP - both great numbers in their own right (was a little worried when I heard Terminated at first, but now I love it!).
It almost seems like a rule now that if you have a mysterious female lead in your sci-fi/fantasy series she has to be a singer eh? I wonder if there actually is anything more to it.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 15:46   Link #850
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
It almost seems like a rule now that if you have a mysterious female lead in your sci-fi/fantasy series she has to be a singer eh? I wonder if there actually is anything more to it.
Writers were macross fans? Though I think some other old shows also pulled heavily this theme.
Old 2011-10-14, 17:38   Link #851
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitron View Post

Come on Toori! You're not a legend until that happens! For that matter, the real test is doing that to your sister! Come on! By the way robots don't count *cough*

who said he hasn't?
Old 2011-10-14, 17:44   Link #852
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yeah I don't think it's possible to have a harem when you also have a mecha dude, a big muscled shirtless dude and a racist caricature in your posse.
They're what you call the "Wing-Men Group".

You never know when you'll need a she-dragon to be charmed.

Quote:
Because apparently no guy can sing without looking like a douchebag (Shoujo Anime) or a psycho (DMC).
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 17:45   Link #853
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who said he hasn't?
It never happened unless we've all seen it happen

I mean sure, the suggestion came from her, but it's as plain as day: he didn't think of it
Old 2011-10-14, 18:01   Link #854
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
who said he hasn't?
As the quote goes "pictures or it didn't happen!"

But I do think it's not hard to guess or even say that Toori's fascination with boobs probably came about cause of his sister and childhood friend, so very much possible
Old 2011-10-14, 20:24   Link #855
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Well you didn't have to wait long. I said that last week.
FFFFF, yeah I'm confirmed half blind =(

Also apparently Crunchyroll added this? Does that mean we don't have to wait 4 days for simcast?
Old 2011-10-14, 22:06   Link #856
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
As the quote goes "pictures or it didn't happen!"
I've just come to the realization that in the event Toori did fondle his sister.... we'll never see because it would be censored *cough* lol *cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
FFFFF, yeah I'm confirmed half blind =(

Also apparently Crunchyroll added this? Does that mean we don't have to wait 4 days for simcast?
Didn't you say you have midterms or something? I myself missed a number of pages since ep 02 aired, I like to read posts here since I'm not a novel reader and there's sure to be non-spoilerific info here. I even keep that character chart handy

If this is picked up by Crunchyroll, I guess that lowers my waiting time.
Old 2011-10-14, 22:27   Link #857
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I'm a foreigner into this series and whether is based on a manga, series of light nivels, visual games, or PC games that's beyond my scope of knowledge that so far I possess about Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon.

I only know that main male protagonist by the name of Tori Aoi is voiced by FukuJun, and the story involves that Earth history has been imperially messed up with because the rebooting of the historical timelines went overwritten with each other, ending with the Far East states reliving a strange combination of history events between "Warring States" of Japan's Sengoku Jidai era and Europe's "Hundred Years War" era from the 15th century C.E.

I don't know how I am taking the first episode after watching it. The design for the characters, particularly the girls (most of them happen to be busty) reminds me of characters seen in Sora no Otoshimono. I shouldn't get carried by the first impressions with all that wild-goose chase the teacher forced everyone to undergo.

The only thing remarkably good that put that teacher in her place temporarily was Tori making his entrance and explaining his reasons for graduating from purchasing and playing limited collector's edition ero games much to the teacher's embarrasement and frustration, and Tori going on declaring openly in front of everyone that he's going to move on from Horizon's memory by declaring his love to the teacher?

BTW, Tori actually succeeded at landing a hit on the teacher, although it was mostly groping her treasures, and didn't ninja dude with the baseball cap ask that if they grope the teacher wouldn't have their points deducted?

Last edited by Guido; 2011-10-14 at 22:40.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 22:32   Link #858
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I don't know how I am taking the first episode after watching it. The design for the characters, particularly the girls (most of them happen to be busty) reminds me of characters seen in Sora no Otoshimono. I shouldn't get carried by the first impressions with all that wild-goose chase the teacher forced everyone to undergo.
O____O, how does that happen? Yes, you're correct about the ninja and the question, and the teacher basically said you're dead if you try any of those .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Didn't you say you have midterms or something? I myself missed a number of pages since ep 02 aired, I like to read posts here since I'm not a novel reader and there's sure to be non-spoilerific info here. I even keep that character chart handy

If this is picked up by Crunchyroll, I guess that lowers my waiting time.
Yeah I did =(, but I went back to read most of the posts (at least I thought I did).

I am really unfamiliar with the how sim/latecasts work, I've heard CR can be really late with translations too. If anyone can confirm when CR's cast would be that would be awesome.

On a totally unrelated note, a Chinese gamer (虚空宇宙) modded Nobunaga's Ambition (the 12th one) with Horizon characters. I thought it's pretty funny (since he changed some of the dialogues too to match the novel) and well made.

Spoiler for Random laughs:

Last edited by Kunagisa; 2011-10-14 at 22:48.
Old 2011-10-14, 23:00   Link #859
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Crunchyroll picked it up? When do they air it? You have proof/announcement?

Also, I am really liking this series, if only for the characters, and just how entertaining /a/ is over this series. The plot I can understand, though I dislike how it's presented. I do want to tell others when they're looking at it not to get overblown by the plot, either.

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 23:03   Link #860
LKK

Crunchyroll will debut Horizon this Saturday at 12 pm PDT. It will be available for Canada, the US, and the US territories. [Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, science fiction, sunrise