Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Log Horizon

Notices

Old 2014-07-14, 14:16   Link #2901
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
We don't have VR headsets but so far we have devices that send eletromagnetic pulses directly into the brain, which scientist and medics use for research. These aren't implanted but are like a handheld wands which depending on the place of the brain targeted can cause different effects, from making you move parts of your body to changing momentarily how you think or act. On the other hand stuff like directly reading from the brain what someone is seen has been shown to be possible too.

Maybe 9 years is too soon for a VR headset but maybe 30-50 years from now isn't too far fetched.
9 maybe too early but i don't think it will take 30-50 either.
Old 2014-07-15, 07:47   Link #2902
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Chapter 60 puts a frightening twist into the concept of death in Theldessia.
It's like in Shakugan no Shana: losing your very existence is a worse fate than death itself.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 09:22   Link #2903
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Chapter 60 puts a frightening twist into the concept of death in Theldessia.
It's like in Shakugan no Shana: losing your very existence is a worse fate than death itself.
I think it's more like the reverse of what happens in SnS. A person losing his Power of Existence is forgotten by others, while death in Theldessia causes one to forget his original identity.

In the very worst case, death in Theldesia might even be a combination of both. Let us assume for a moment, in order to consider this scenario, that the person exists on both planes at the same time. In other words, he is both an Average Joe in this world and, at the same time, an Adventurer trapped in Theldesia. Whenever his Adventurer self dies, a bit of his Existence here is extinguished as well.

So, in this scenario, mostly likely not the case but whatever, a suicidal Adventurer is essentially acting as his own Guze no Tomogara...

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 09:27   Link #2904
yulinard

Regarding two young kids in crescent moon alliance, how one earth kids can play subscription based game?
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 09:27   Link #2905
DQueenie13

First official art of Roe2 for "Dariella" and Roe2's equipment suggestions event.

[Edit]

Quote:
Originally Posted by yulinard View Post
Regarding two young kids in crescent moon alliance, how one earth kids can play subscription based game?
Their parents ...? Oh, and there was a promotion for the release of Homesteading the Noosphere where people could play for free for a week. That's what happened to Isuzu.
Old 2014-07-15, 10:08   Link #2906
J4n1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
9 maybe too early but i don't think it will take 30-50 either.
We might have them in 50 years, or we might not.

50 years ago they thought we'd have flying cars by now.
But they could not even imagine current smartphones.

50 years is past the event horizon for technological advancement.
J4n1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 10:26   Link #2907
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
@Death in Theldesia

My take is that the Adventurer's identity, as in the self native in the world, quicken the shift of identity with each death. What eventually may happen is that the Adventurers who dies too much become People of the Land.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 10:32   Link #2908
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
@Death in Theldesia

My take is that the Adventurer's identity, as in the self native in the world, quicken the shift of identity with each death. What eventually may happen is that the Adventurers who dies too much become People of the Land.
I don't think that they'll become a Lander, because what would they be, then? An Ancient? They're far too powerful to be a Lander, and would they suddenly become mortal after dying too many times? Are Ancients really just "players" of other parallel universes who died so much that they turned into NPC Ancients?

I theorized that perhaps, after dying too much, people will no longer be able to return to the real world, for the same line of thinking that I and Estavali mentioned earlier; each death not only removes your memory of the old world, but also erases your presence in the old world.
Old 2014-07-15, 10:49   Link #2909
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by DQueenie13 View Post

I theorized that perhaps, after dying too much, people will no longer be able to return to the real world, for the same line of thinking that I and Estavali mentioned earlier; each death not only removes your memory of the old world, but also erases your presence in the old world.
The good old, "How could you go home if you never existed "there" in the first place?"

Last edited by Sheba; 2014-07-15 at 11:38. Reason: rephrase
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 20:31   Link #2910
jair

ok, i started scrolling the first 30 pages before changing idea and deciding to ask it... is there a google doc or a page where i can find all of the translated chapter of this novel?
and anyway, ty very much for the work u have been doing, i really like this piece of novel, and i'm only able to read it ty to you
jair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-15, 20:34   Link #2911
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

http://pastebin.com/u/skythewood

translators page.

Baka-tsuki also has translated vols in pdf/epub for download.
Old 2014-07-15, 20:39   Link #2912
DQueenie13

If the regular 3-5 day schedule frame continues, chapter 61 should be out tomorrow (at least, for me).

I attempted to translate the latter half of that chapter out of curiosity. As expected, I didn't get very far.
Old 2014-07-15, 20:40   Link #2913
jair

ty
now that i look at it... do u happen to know why before chap 55 it is divided in volumes and after.. well it isn't?
Old 2014-07-15, 20:42   Link #2914
DQueenie13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jair View Post
ty
now that i look at it... do u happen to know why before chap 55 it is divided in volumes and after.. well it isn't?
Because he translated from volumes, and then he didn't

Mamare writes what are essentially rough drafts on the web and has them accessible to everybody. It then gets turned into a published light novel complete with illustrations after some editing.

skythewood translates from Chinese, and the volumes are only up to volume 6 (out of a published 7). So, during the wait for volume 7's Chinese release (rumors say July 25), he's translating from another fan translation of the web novels.
Old 2014-07-15, 20:45   Link #2915
jair

so from chap 54 on, it is not official? anyway, ty for the answers, but it's past 4 am here, i'm going to bed :P see ya
Old 2014-07-15, 20:54   Link #2916
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jair View Post
so from chap 54 on, it is not official? anyway, ty for the answers, but it's past 4 am here, i'm going to bed :P see ya
it is a rough draft.
Old 2014-07-15, 20:57   Link #2917
DQueenie13

No, it's official. It's just not the copy that you buy, and it's pretty much rough drafts. Very little seems to be changed between versions, though.

And also, the TW version mentioned correcting some errors from the Japanese print ... is one of those things William's level? He got lowered a whole 2 levels between the web character page and the published one.
Old 2014-07-15, 23:42   Link #2918
Gimmesum

regarding death,

When adventurer died too much, their existence will become somewhat like Ro2, perhaps ?
Gimmesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 00:40   Link #2919
yulinard

I think they became adventurer but without knowledge of the previous world. You turn into another person just like Angel Beats NPC, since what makes adventurer unique is that they have memories from old world.

Dont know about Roe2. Probably when Shiroe transported Roe2 also transported to that world and we have no knowledge the last time Shiroe log as Roe2. She probably other entity using Roe2 avatar or younger Shiroe who went crazy because wrong gender avatar or die countless time because wakeup in the middle of no where?
yulinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-16, 12:11   Link #2920
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

just had a thought.

unless Shiroe was playing on both accts at the same time. roe2's acct should have been off. The fact that she is active right now could mean other non-active accts could become active. So we might just see all members of Tea Party.

Tags
alternate reality, database, economics, political theory, spoilers