AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-07-27, 07:05   Link #1
Syaoran
Inactive Member

[Manga] Chapter 317 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members (whoever they are ) will be able to create this thread.

317 - デイダラアンドトビの新コンビ?も。- Deidara and Tobi - A new combination.
Spoiler for Illustration for Naruto 317:

Summary:
Tobi and Deidara are standing in front the huge three-tailed bijuu. Tobi is surprised at the size of the big turtle and thinks it must be really strong and suggest Deidara senpai should handle it.
Deidara tells Tobi to do it himself, since he's a real Akatsuki member now. Sanbi doesn't care who's going to attack, and goes in offensive mode first.

Tobi is running as fast as he can, calling for help, while the sanbi is chasing him. For Tobi, Kisame was more suitable to catch a water bijuu than himself. Deidara answers he's just being pathetic before throwing a little fish statue in the water.

The little fish immediately seeks sanbi and swims next it. After Deidare makes a seal, the little fish explodes, blowing Tobi out of the water.

In the meantime, captain Yamato is meditation at the base of his newly created waterfall scenery while Kakashi is reading his favourite book.

Kakashi calls captain Yamato Tenzou and asks him if he has a good hold on Kyuubi's chakra. Yamato confirms and asks Kakashi to call him Yamato for now.
Naruto is getting better at his training... the leaf he's holding has a good slice in it.

Some of Naruto's bunshin's are pretty good at the technique, while other don't have a clue and start arguing together about who's better. One even managed to almost completely slice the leaf, making the other Naruto's a little jealous and glaring at him. Naruto himself, goes to Kakashi to ask him something...

Naruto asks Kakashi if there's someone else in the village good at wind nature manipulation... if Naruto is happy with a few tips only, he tells he's playing shougi.
Shikamaru and Asuma sensei are still playing their shougi game, but it's checkmate... Shikamaru won. The next bill will be for Asuma sensei after their next mission.

Naruto arrives calling for Asuma sensei. They both look up at Naruto, say hello and then Asuma asks him what's going on. Naruto ask Asume if he can do him a favour. If he wants to help him with something.

Asuma already guessed Naruto came for advice on Wind nature manipulation. Shikamaru asks if Naruto is doing the manipulation training. Looks like Shikamaru is teasing Naruto a little saying he has to be really smart to do that training and asking him if he thinks he's able to do that. Asuma is surprised to hear Naruto is a windtype. Naruto is in a hurry to get started.

Asuma sensei thinks for a while, and then propose to give him advice if he'll treat his team to a barbecue next time. Naruto is pouting a little as he doens't really have a choice, but accepts the deal. Asuma gets 2 blades out of his bag.

Asuma sensei explains his blades are made of a special metal that absorbs the user's chakra and reacts to it's nature. Asuma hands over one to Naruto and tells him to channel his chakra into it...

Asuma sensei tells Naruto to picture his chakra flow being split in 2 pieces, joining together and then split in sharp pieces. The trick is to make the chakra as sharp as possible. Before Naruto starts doing so, he wants to know why, since the blades are already very sharp... it sounds like a waste of chakra.

For Asuma it's a fair point, but he tells Naruto to just throw the knife at a tree a little further away.

Naruto is surprised at what Asuma sensei managed to do with his blade. While Naruto's just hit the tree, Asuma's blade went through it and is planted inside a rock and he took it easy.
In battle, the blade with the sharpest edge wins... that's where wind nature charka becomes interesting.

Naruto agrees with Asuma to get more help in exchange for barbecues.
Shikamaru noticed it was one of Naruto's Kage Bunshins... but it looks like he forgot about Chouji...

Back at the training grounds, all of Naruto's kage bunshins learned about Asuma's tip on chakra manipulation after it was called back. His bunshins are discussing it together now. Kakashi looks over his beloved Icha Icha Paradaisu guessing Naruto got what he wanted and that he's using his bunshins to their full potential. In the meantime, at the Hokage office, Tsunade and Shizune listened to one of the monks' story.

Tsunade learned that Chiruku was killed by Hidan and Kakuzu. They finally know Akatsuki is turning the Fire Country upside down looking for a Jinchuuriku. The tells Shizune to call their newly formed Nijuu Shoutai and sed them out to make sure Akatsuki will never leave the Fire Country.

Last edited by Syaoran; 2006-07-27 at 15:02. Reason: Illustration added & Corrected misinterpreation concerning Tobi ^^'
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 07:22   Link #2
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Talking

-Looking forward to the summary .
Old 2006-07-27, 07:34   Link #3
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Ok i will post a short summary for the change..

Akatsuki [1-3 coloured]
It starts with Akatsuki fighting the 3 tails...it seems that Deidara wants Tobi to fight the 3 tails to somewhat prove himself towards Deidara...though it's Tobi that is on the run (on water) from the 3 tails with Deidara covering him in air with bombs..

9 Akatsuki Members are shown including the new member Tobi

Naruto's Training with Kakashi & Yamato
Kakashi asks Tenzou (Yamato) how things are going with controlling the Kyuubi Chakra and Yamato responds unhappy that things are going well...he rather prefers Kakashi to call him Yamato then Tenzou.

Naruto is training and some Kage Bunshins that already cut the leaves are acting a bit cool towards the other Kage Bunshins that still failed.

A Kage Bunshin wants to know more about this wind element and it seems that there is a sensei who knows more about it. So Naruto (KB) is heading towards that sensei.

Training at Asuma Sensei
Asuma seems to be that sensei who loses yet again from Shikamaru with his shougi. Naruto asks about the Wind Element and learns a secret how to use the wind element proper.

He shows his special knifes which allow him to use his chakra through it...
Naruto is unimpressed and asks the difference between a normal knife and that one of Asuma-sensei.

Asuma shows Naruto the difference with his knifes of using Naruto's (incomplete wind chakra) and his own (mastered wind chakra).

Naruto is allowed to use Asuma sensei to use his special knife and both throw it towards a tree...Naruto's knife gets stuck in the tree (no different from a normal knife) while Asuma's gets through the tree and even pierces half through a rock.

He tells him that he was being careful and if he wanted he could've pierce through that rock aswell.
Naruto starts to understand things a little better and dispells his Kage Bunshin...

Training Grounds at Kakashi & Yamato
instantly know the other Kage Bunshins the info that the other Kage Bunshin gathered. And seem very excited..while Kakashi continues reading his own book...

Tsunade's office
The Monk that fled from the Temple to inform Konoha is now in Tsunades room...
He probably tells him about the situation...Tsunade is shocked...ending the story...
Old 2006-07-27, 07:40   Link #4
Blaine

So it seems tobi replaced sasori, wonder what kind of skills he must have (must be pretty good if he got into akatsuki)
Old 2006-07-27, 07:53   Link #5
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
So it seems tobi replaced sasori, wonder what kind of skills he must have (must be pretty good if he got into akatsuki)

I guess being a lacky to Zetsu finally paid off!!! or maybe they needed someone who's a comic relief to balance the Akatasuki . Plus... they must have some kind of medical ninja if he/she reattached/regenerated both of Deidara's arms??? I recall one arm was crushed by sand and other was "disintegrated" by Kakashi... or perhaps the new arms are now clay arms? One thing is for sure though- i doubt we will seemuch of Deidara action for now since he has shown most of his skills already and any long fight with him will be a little boring to watch.
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 07:56   Link #6
Blaine

Yeah tobi will probably do most of the fighting in that pair like you said Deidara is injured and shown most of his skillsalready, where as tobi hasnt shown anything
Old 2006-07-27, 07:58   Link #7
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

hmmmm...

-This is a spoiler for those who haven't read the translation already so click at own risk.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-27, 08:01   Link #8
Rachy
Disabled By Request

Leader's hair is dark yellow even orange-ish .. hmm.

and the other has a flower in their hair so hopefully that's the akatsuki kunoichi.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 08:02   Link #9
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatonMakai
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-27, 08:03   Link #10
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by uchiha rave
and the other has a flower in their hair so hopefully that's the akatsuki kunoichi.
-Well it's either that or a very very gender confused man .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-27, 08:46   Link #11
MobiuS

Rumor has it the Akatsuki female is fugly.
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 08:58   Link #12
elusive

Talking

Are spoiler tags needed? Everything here's a spoiler.

Asume told Naruto that he has to split his chakra and rub the two parts together to sharpen them. He also made Naruto pay for his teams next meal which upsets Shika because Asuma had to pay after losing at Shogi. After the bunshin leaves Asuma says that Naruto must have forgot that Choji was on their team
elusive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 08:59   Link #13
I love waffles!

Spoiler:
I love waffles! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 09:02   Link #14
Mirtual

So after we saw Sasukes all cutting new chidori Kusanagi we get to see Naruto mastering some cut through everything element. Seeing how we saw Sasuke learning the chidori and after that Naruto the Rasengan and then have them clash the jutsus in their "great" encounter I see where this new "development" is going to...

And Akatsuki will own the next demon. Overpowered and too fast. Pointless. If the demons are so crappy they could have gotten them in there first attempt in the past long ago.
Mirtual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 09:03   Link #15
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Rumor has it the Akatsuki female is fugly.

Heh... she cant be too hot or else readers will feel bad when she dies a bloody death! Then again that Nibi didnt look too bad but she kinda "died" a gruesome death...
Old 2006-07-27, 09:05   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

You know..With this color PIC, the Yodanime is the leader thoeries will come by tons. (Not to mention – base on this, people will say he is in fact the strongest)

Me also believe he is the Leader (only that) -___-*
Old 2006-07-27, 09:08   Link #17
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirtual
So after we saw Sasukes all cutting new chidori Kusanagi we get to see Naruto mastering some cut through everything element. Seeing how we saw Sasuke learning the chidori and after that Naruto the Rasengan and then have them clash the jutsus in their "great" encounter I see where this new "development" is going to...

And Akatsuki will own the next demon. Overpowered and too fast. Pointless. If the demons are so crappy they could have gotten them in there first attempt in the past long ago.
Yeah but we've seen 1-3 tails and know of 9 tail's destructive power. Its didnt seem like a cakewalk for tobi and deidara (from trans at least) since tobi is dodging around while being supported by deidara. But i think overall akatasuki are somewhat stronger than the monsters. But then again do we even know the monsters get their "full power" back when they transform? maybe dependent on the person controlling them?
Old 2006-07-27, 09:19   Link #18
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lollerpants
I just find it so ironic that wind "happens" to be the strongest element (offensively), then again, I didn't really know how there were strong/weak elements as they balanced eachother out. D:

I would find it more entertaining if Naruto had to start out with the "weakest" element and work with that.
AS thing are, this group will be said to be a group of the best, and Akatsuki will dealt with them swiftly – I will reserve myself Names, but Gathering a team of strong people to take care of an Evil organization is something that was done in another series.

I don’t think it was said Wind was the strongest Offensively, rather is the best at mid range attack. Meaning Is not good for Close range, this will suit very well Naruto given that he only has Close Range Attacks at his disposal.

its been a some time since I feel that Naruto will do some improvement in his skills, and I greetaful for this.
Old 2006-07-27, 09:22   Link #19
tramadrama
Jaice Novak's Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
You know..With this color PIC, the Yodanime is the leader thoeries will come by tons. (Not to mention – base on this, people will say he is in fact the strongest)

Me also believe he is the Leader (only that) -___-*
I was an early believer of this theory but after seeing this picture, I just don't know now. I mean, the guy in the back looks kind of boring. I pictured the 4th to be pretty boyishly drawn by now. I'd believe it would be Gaara's split personality which seperated from his body when he met Naruto more than the 4th by now.
tramadrama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-27, 10:10   Link #20
thedonkiluminati

Spoiler: