AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-11-25, 04:56   Link #4981
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Hmhmhm! I should pay more attention to details. But damn, Hayate's bro sure looks emo... SERIOUSLY EMO. I can't imagine him in a relationship at all. Okay, this is mainly prejudice on my part, but still... ..... ... *sigh*

No info...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
And then Mikado was Mr. Freeze.
Ehehehe~

Yes, yes, thought about that as well when I was typing that. But seriously! It's Mikado we're talking about! Hata could as well make a Batman or TAMnI parody about her. It would be such a shock to Nagi... man.. I'd love to see such a scene.

I mean... he already made a parody of Sakura possessed by Angra Mainyu. There shouldn't be a problem messing with her dead mom. ;_; He made... Nagi... wear.. that... thing....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_<

Hata is evil.... :<

Oh yeah, and Machi looks like .... another person in 187. Hata should really experiment more before introducing new characters, so that he doesn't change their appearance too much later.
Rah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 05:56   Link #4982
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Oh yeah, and Machi looks like .... another person in 187. Hata should really experiment more before introducing new characters, so that he doesn't change their appearance too much later.
It's quite normal that a character's apearance changes slightly after a few chapters as long as it resembles the original one. It just shows that the mangaka was improving on the base design or is improving on his/her drawings. If you read chapter one again, you'll see there are also some changes made to Hayate, Nagi and Maria. I actually like Machina better compared to his first appearance.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 08:14   Link #4983
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Right now, I'm perfectly satisfied with Hayate suffering whatever the outcome is. I just want it tragic and Hata would've filled my day! Call me a sadist, masochist or whatever because I admit that I have a damned wierd taste...

I wonder if Hayate would ask an advice indirectly from one of them, this time from Maria. Though I see this as a choice for him I no longer long for the "Hayate indecisively asks an advice and gets ordered to do it" It's being repetitive now and it would make me lower my interest when it is again repeated here at one of the highest points of the arc.

Another choice for some unknown mysterious person to give him a tip. I admit I dislike stuff when lots of people butt in another person's conflicts (people he's close to would be fine, everyone else would just be plain barnacle).

Go Hayate! I want you to bleed profusely whatever the reason and suffer, it'll make me happy, especially if while in the process of trying to save whomever he wants.
Old 2009-11-25, 15:29   Link #4984
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

Well to get it out of my system now...I have another new theory.

It's not very likely but I'm holding onto it for now on the off-chance it's somehow right. It goes like this...EVERYONE in the cast is somehow related and Mikado is just screwing with them all. Seriously, half the cast is somehow connected to the Sanzen'ins already and the other half has missing or unknown parents. This is going to be a Neon Genesis Evangelion level Mind Screw here.

On a more rational note, I recall one of the episodes from the first season of the anime where Mikado held a ridiculously complicated test for Hayate. Following the same vein, what if the whole Athena conflict (perhaps not from 10 years ago but you never know) is all being engineered by Mikado to see if Hayate will remain true to Nagi. In the episode there was some offer and if Hayate took it he actually would have been fired and left with nothing, maybe it's the same now. We know Mikado is doing something here to see if Hayate will choose Athena, the question now is, could Athena actually be in on it? Doubt it, but it would be interesting. Then to add more Lelouch/Light parallels, what if Mikado is playing to Hayate's feelings for Athena and actually WANTS him to break the stone and betray Nagi? Majorly twisted but this is the same guy who went around in a Santa suit on Christmas Eve to screw with poor Hayate.

I bet Mikado is clever enough to have something prepared for either decision Hayate could make, Especially the third option we all know he'll really make. What I want to know is, why bother with all of it? It's gotta be something really good, like God-like power or wishes or something.

Side note: Risa mentioned that Hayate was weak. Is it just because he was depressed, or could his strength actually be drained from something? I mean really, he's never been this useless until now, something's up.

Well for now I just want to see if the Greece arc will actually have everyone smiling in the end like Nagi and Miki wanted.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 17:05   Link #4985
Seitsuki
Onee!

Since Hayate's body of reinforced steel is due to the stone, it could be that since this is something concerning the stone (or heck foreshadowing its destruction) the power it grants Hayate is slowly weakening.
And have you ever considered that Mikado is really just a good guy who is through random tests like this trying to make Hayate stronger? Just throwing that out there xD
Old 2009-11-25, 18:45   Link #4986
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
Since Hayate's body of reinforced steel is due to the stone, it could be that since this is something concerning the stone (or heck foreshadowing its destruction) the power it grants Hayate is slowly weakening.
It was never said Hayate's powers were due to the stone. Athena used magic to cure his body (what's the origin of her magic, we don't know, but considering Isumi uses magic as well, I don't think it matters much), which, according to her, had suffered some wound in the past. She also said that she didn't give any abilities to Hayate, but she was awakening them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikita View Post
And have you ever considered that Mikado is really just a good guy who is through random tests like this trying to make Hayate stronger? Just throwing that out there xD
I think most people here have thought about that possibility, but brushed it off because it's terribly cliché. All the same, HnG is filled with those.
Old 2009-11-25, 18:49   Link #4987
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Spoiler for AYUMIIINNNNNN!!!:

Spoiler for @zod:

Anyway, It's impossible to say at this point if she's still the same as 10 years ago, or if she changed. It might be true that she's just acting tough, because she's in such a state all the time. There's always someone that wants her money, she's worried as hell about herself (if she noticed Midas, perhaps for some other reason), about Hayate, her past is a constant reminder that trusting people ends in suffering, so she doesn't trust anyone..

Just for that you'd have to indeed put a helluva lot "barriers" around yourself, but it's not impossible that she really changed to what she is now. Perhaps she still trusted people after her incident with Hayate, but was betrayed so many times over the years that she just can't trust anyone, and her cold attitude comes naturally..

But now you're probably thinking that someone strong willed and proud as her possibly couldn't succumb to such a state. Well, Midas did possess her, and that's indisputable evidence that she was unstable from the start - I can't say otherwise, because being only 7, and in such a state is really... She sought shelter within a relationship, within love... from loneliness, from her despair, whatever it was / is, but got betrayed in the end..

Maybe after Hayate she found someone else? I'm not referring to another romantic relationship, but perhaps a "friend" / or "friends" over the time, that would console her, and keep her company, but only because of her wealth. In the end, she'd be betrayed again, and again, but she'd still put her trust into people, because being alone was just too painful.

So, she's either succumbed to it, or put a Damocles type barrier around herself (I'm referring to Geass)..

If it's the latter, I'd like to see put her faith into Hayate and his friends after she's saved from Midas (or perhaps still when possessed, after Hayate promises that he'll save her - if he doesn't intend to break the gem), and then at some crucial moment, when she's in trouble, and she's thinking about how she trusted Hayate and his friends, how she'll get betrayed again.. just then they come save her...

Or if you prefer, Hayate comes save her alone. But IMHO, it'd be a greater effect if there were more people. I want that kind of happy drama. I wanna see her let go everything that she's been holding onto for the past 10 years and more. She finally wasn't betrayed. Someone stood up for her, someone went through a lot to help her...

Ah, in short, I wanna see her cry her heart out about all the pain that she's been through, and then accept their friendship / become a member of the "Hayate is a baka that doesn't understand my feelings club", etc... ^_^
If Hata could pull off something like that, I'd be the first to applaud indeed...
aldw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-25, 22:53   Link #4988
Rah

5000th reply! Nothing to add. ^_^;
Old 2009-11-26, 00:40   Link #4989
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
Side note: Risa mentioned that Hayate was weak. Is it just because he was depressed, or could his strength actually be drained from something? I mean really, he's never been this useless until now, something's up.
She mentioned that he looked weak somehow. It's confusing but I think she's referring to him not being like his normal self. Nothing much from Hata's diary. Just reminded us that the Hat and the Ring represents Hayate's promise towards the girls, chapters starting from now will be linked and wondering what Nagi was thinking during the shopping spree.
Old 2009-11-26, 01:16   Link #4990
Used Can

Hata also said he thinks it'd be better if you didn't read the following chapters (up to 253) one by one, but in one go. His advise was to have them ordered, and delivered once chapter 253 is released.

So, fuck the spoilers, we won't be reading for 2 weeks; we'll read it just as Hata wants us to. Any objections? No? Good.
Old 2009-11-26, 03:51   Link #4991
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Hata also said he thinks it'd be better if you didn't read the following chapters (up to 253) one by one, but in one go. His advise was to have them ordered, and delivered once chapter 253 is released.

So, fuck the spoilers, we won't be reading for 2 weeks; we'll read it just as Hata wants us to. Any objections? No? Good.
I actually want to read it, since by telling us to wait until all 3 chapters are out he's literally telling us there'll be great suspense to follow for each chapter (at least I hope it is).
Old 2009-11-26, 09:12   Link #4992
Teleutao
Ninja-In-Training

So are we also going to stop posting? I don't want to come back in a few weeks to find 20 pages to go through.
Teleutao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 09:58   Link #4993
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

Man, you guys are killing me,
one day without loggin and already 251,
you guys should stop posting for a while,
I'm kinda out of money for internet so,
2 weeks, can wait
not so long, i think i might have enough credit in two weeks,
anyway, Nagi win, Athena lose.
The end. Hehehe

Edit:
Sorry, when a little crazy over there,
stress like hell,
anyway,
while you guys discussing about Athena,
Nagi's fans have already plan a counter-attack,
you guys see,
Hehehehehe

Last edited by Wolfnagi; 2009-11-26 at 10:43.
Wolfnagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 11:32   Link #4994
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroshiya_Kame_13 View Post
I actually want to read it, since by telling us to wait until all 3 chapters are out he's literally telling us there'll be great suspense to follow for each chapter (at least I hope it is).
Personally, I read that as the plot is going to get even more dragged. So, I think I will actually follow his advise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleutao View Post
So are we also going to stop posting? I don't want to come back in a few weeks to find 20 pages to go through.
Well, if you want to avoid spoilers, you'll have to avoid this thread.

Anyway, see you guys in 3 weeks.
Old 2009-11-26, 13:47   Link #4995
dazo
english for dummies 2 ed.

uh, wait 3 weeks to cover the whole climax of the story, I do not know if it's possible, if I already want to see the Spoilers of chapter 251.
Hayate, has been getting weaker over several chapters, Himaro says in the race , also says the same kotesu, when confronted the bear, and then with machina and athena, he is also physically weak.
Although it may be that hayate is this repressing himself, because now he is OK, and only been hours since the fight with machina.
In Royal garden, athena says his body is heavily injured by something even not known yet, besides when hayate, came into royal garden, only fell from exhaustion.
seems, for the images of the volumes that are not swords and the coffin is destroyed, perhaps appear the "hakkuo" or "black camellia, or as in the anime, himegami appears to steal something at the last moment like, in the fight with the director and her snake (anime) takes one armor lol , but this time the stone, as there are references in both anime and manga, even if only in features.
ps: yeah climax!, and Camilla is an allusion to royalty, but they are only ideas.
dazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-26, 14:39   Link #4996
Rah

Impossible. I'd rather speculate on the outcome like always. Waiting 2-3 weeks would be murder...

*takes advice from a WoW quest giver*

"Patience is a Virtue that We Don't Need" - Oh, you don't say? I completely agree! And since I can't regret it beforehand, I'll do it later if need be~

But then again, I'm not someone that can keep a grudge, regret, pout over something for a long time... it's gone before I know it. Haha!

*stretches*

Ahhhh, that was a nice nap! Uhm, so anyway, no spoilers yet... boooo!

And about the whole Hayate being weak thing, I think that he's just recovering from the injuries that Machina gave him. I don't think it's something related to what Athena did to him in the past, or the gem, but it could be...

Perhaps the power she used to "heal" him was something temporary, or if he does have a gem inside him (which allowed him entry to the RG), then perhaps it's negative influence is starting to take over Athena's healing power / blessing.. whatever it is / however you want to interpret it. If he doesn't have a gem with him, then perhaps the power is just beginning to wane. He'll need to save Athena fast if it's like that. Or maybe Isumi can somehow help? Hmm..

Or perhaps his weakness was from something else entirely? Maybe he was born with a weak body, or his parents did something to him?

Well, I'm sure we'll get to know the truth soon. The climax of the Greece arc is already past, isn't it? I think it was the whole Athena battle thing, or perhaps it's impossible to call it the climax of the whole arc, since it's divided in many parts, like the beach part, Hina date, Athena encounter, and now the conclusion...

Think of them as mini arcs in the whole Greece arc, each with a beginning, climax, and conclusion. But then again, it might be just my way of seeing things. It's just that... this whole decision thing...

I can't really call it a conclusion. It's too intense. And since they're on the last day of the Golden Week vacation...

Eh, dunno...

The way 250 ended just makes me think that 251 will be something epic. Will Nagi finally decide to step in and ask him about it? Will he open up to her? Will he, by himself, ask her about what would be the right thing to do - perhaps in such a manner that she wouldn't understand that he's referring to her? Nagi already said a few times that she doesn't need the inheritance as long as he's with her. But she said that because he was in danger, or because of the moment, or something...

If he betrays her over a different girl... ouch...

Anyway, I don't believe that the whole Midas problem can be resolved as easily as breaking the stone. If you forget about the consequences of the action, then it's something really simple. - Waltz in Athena's mansion again, say hello, take out the gem and break it. Midas wails "Noooooooooooo!!", Isumi banishes him, the end.

Midas has a daughter. Did Hata write that only because it's real history, or was it planned? But who could be his daughter of all the known characters? How long was he trapped inside the RG? It's an old myth, is it not?

....hmm...

Then it also depends in what circumstances was the said daughter. I'm still holding to the assumption that Maria has something to do with it. Perhaps she was in some sort of seal? Maybe she wasn't really born the normal way, but with magic? How old was she when she was found?

Hmmm, but she was found in December, and the whole EoTW arc ended in spring or summer, I think...

Ahhh, dammit!

Everything is somehow related to the RG in the end. How is she? Ah, once again I'm thinking way ahead of things.

Spoiler for So, Used Can, will you really leave for 2-3 weeks? :<:
Old 2009-11-26, 23:41   Link #4997
Wolfnagi

Rah, you are thinking ahead of things,
Why don't you just wait till next year and find out that Athena is Maria's little sis and Hayate finally fallen for Nagi,
that would be good.
Hehehehehehe
Oh yeah,Maria then destroy Midas and happy ending.
Old 2009-11-27, 02:48   Link #4998
Rah

Waratte lun lun lun ♪ Lala lun lun lu lu ♪

Spoiler for ^_^:

They're done shopping. It's early to late night.. not sure, but the moon is in the sky...

Someone played a prank on Nagi, and she's drowning. I guess she called Hayate for help, but he's too emo at the moment to even notice (I'm assuming this due to lack of pics)? Ayumu saves Nagi ^_^

Hayate starts breaking down, and Nagi finally decides to talk to him.

Hmhmhm! I'd sure like to see the next page. Does Hayate answer her with one of his "don't worry, everything is ok" faces, or does he open up?

Last edited by Rah; 2009-11-27 at 13:21. Reason: Added two new spoiler pics!
Old 2009-11-27, 05:26   Link #4999
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Spoiler for Chapter 251 RAW Text:

Spoiler for Chapter 251 Summary:

Last edited by Koroshiya_Kame_13; 2009-11-27 at 05:47.
Old 2009-11-27, 08:41   Link #5000
Wolfnagi

Heh,
So Hayate still trapped over the decision (obviously)
anyway,he might just meet with Mikado in that hotel and have more Serious talk,face to face, one on one.

@Rah,
Rah, i was on your side once in a war,
this time, will you join Nagi's side to fight this war:
Athena VS Nagi
Pleaseeeeeeeee join!!!!
Anyway, which one is the first girl in HnG,
is it Nagi (First girl of the series)
or Athena (First girl chronologically)?

Tags
comedy, shounen