AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2012-03-31, 01:22   Link #161
Undertaker

Kojiharu is definitely not dumb just base on what she did in her quiz show appearances and such. As you said her my-pace attitude is also part what adds to her airhead persona. In that respect, she's similar to Aachan and even Itano in that they are all only interested in what they like and tune out to everything else they see irrelevant.

Ariyoshi is part of Ohta Production. Since they bought the contracts of Aachan, Yuko, Sashi, and Kitahara, (and now Yokoyama) they've been pretty active with AKB stuff. He was the host of the first s season for AKB48 Nemosu TV, AKB 48's 2nd national show. Those three season allow him to work closely with core members as back then they were haven't got their break yet, and left the program in season 4 right about when core members are beginning to getting a bit too busy to join.

Then Ariyoshi's AKB Republic allows him to have very close relation with the post Team 4 members and he been known as one of the better teacher in the business as well. The guy was one of those few entertainer that was extremely popular before, falls down to the point of been blacklisted, and somehow climb back from it and become more popular then ever. The guys has appeared in more variety shows that any other comedian last year and is consider the most popular comedian/entertainer who are not quite MC level yet.

Anyway, thanks for the link, I have not hear it yet.

Edit: Just listened to it, it's got more beats than their usual summer song. Almost like their dance song a bit as far as beat goes in teh beginning. I like it. I sounds like a more polished version of the style of songs from Not Yet which has quickly became my 2nd favorite sub-unit just below No3b.

Speaking of sub units, I don't know why, I like DiVA as a unit and it's member and their style of songs, but for some reason the music is just not getting to me. No3b is by far my favorite but after that, I though DiVA would be next after their debut but French Kiss have has stayed put with the Sket Dance theme song and the presence of Akicha, Yukirin, and Mochi and it was Not Yet's song left a bigger impact for me and overtook French Kiss as #2.

Same thing with Watari-tai. I like anime songs, I like moe voices, I like Mayuyu, Love-tan, Harugon, and Komori. But somehow their music is not getting to me either.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-31 at 01:38.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:16   Link #162
mochichan

I like the mellow feel of the song but IDK...i'm used to their summer song being a little more upbeat so this hasn't got stuck in my head yet but I like the chorus. I think I'm just more relieve the song isn't hair related XD

No I agree with you. I like DiVA style the most out of the group but idk..the music isn't as catchy as Not Yet Para Para or NO3B songs. I wish they give DiVA better songs. With their image, they can do dubsteps and stuffs lol (tho then some kpop fans will talk about how they copy kpop cuz kpop is SOOOO original <_<...so....) Warota is the group that appeal least to me...their songs are too sugary but not that catchy but I like the song they did for Shin-chan tho. The retro kinda feel is different from the other pop songs I listen to lately.
I really hope DIVA sell better...they're the least selling sub unit too ;__;
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 11:25   Link #163
sa547
*Author

Okay, guys... Aachan, the soon-to-be Team A Center Emeritus, spoke up on All-Night Nippon Radio, and here's the translation:
http://bilingual48.blogspot.com/2012...fans.html#more

It's clear that she's not going to leave yet, not until their gig at Tokyo Dome be accomplished.

With a mature and responsible decision like that, I raise my glass to her for luck and for the future.
Old 2012-03-31, 15:17   Link #164
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Singing the National Anthem at a recent Tokyo Giants game.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-03-31, 17:47   Link #165
mochichan

I knew she's not leaving that early. It's their dream to be at TD and she'll have to fulfill her contract obligations as an AKB member.

I'm happy she mentioned AKB won't change tho. I'm getting pretty annoy with some of the fans that say they'll stop supporting AKB because of Acchan....

I like the national anthem...it sound like a song that should be sung by a chorus format anyway
Old 2012-03-31, 19:12   Link #166
Undertaker

I can't believe this, I typed this long post and accidentally lost it to the back button.

Well, I'll just get to point:

Agree with mochichan. It's too be expected but it's nice ot have confirmation.

But I do think this would also suggest that at least in next 5 month or so there won't be another graduation announcement. Kojiharu and Mariko already restated that they are not thinking about leaving, Mii-chan is not ready, Takamina is too important especially after this announcement, and Itano has another single coming up. Everyone else that was think about potential graduation will be forced to put on hold as they'll only get overshadowed by Aachan.

Speaking of Tokyo Dome's home opening ceremony for NPB league, on Mariko's blog she mentioned something interesting.

Apparently before the ceremony, Mariko, Takamina, Aachan, Kojiharu, and Mii-chan went out that morning to go shopping together and had lunch before meeting up with the rest of crew. Itano doesn't seem to be present but I won't be surprise she had work that morning witht eh new single coming up and it happen to be a down time for other members who are coming off individual for the past few days. (Mariko with photo shoot, Aachan leading a trio to Hong Kong, and both Minami leading the DC attack)

Mariko's Diary, 3/31 entry:

http://blog.mariko-shinoda.net/

It just reminded me that in during announcement there basically three groups of reaction:

1) You have Yuko, Sae, Mayuyu, Akicha having this "WTF is going on" look.

2) You have Yukirin, Kasai "No way, is she..." look. (Kasai mentioned in her blog that based on experience she sort of guessed as soon as Aachan interrupts the MC" (another reason I'm sureKasai is not as natural or slow as she looks)

3) Then you the Originals' look of "here it comes.."

This just cement the view that the original member are at least aware of Aachan's thought process and consideration with not the decision itself. Mariko also just went on record in an interview on 3/29 that Aachan has talked to her about it as well, so that makes 3 of 5 that is on record that they are aware and consulted with Aachan before on this.

The interview clip:

Spoiler for interview:

The clip also has a short interview with the DC group particularly the two Minami and Umeda, the three longest tenure of the DC group (I believe Itano was a last minute scratch which plays well with her missing the little get together yesterday, correct me if I'm wrong).

Takamina mentioned that AKB is all about keep moving forward. Mii-chan mentioned that the original purpose for AKB48 is to be a stepping stone, a gateway for each of them to reach their individual dream, applying that it's inevitable. And in seperate segment, Mariko stressed again it is a long thought decision and that it is a decision Aachan believe is beneficial to both her and AKB in the long run.

Umeda on the other hand, despite being a 2nd gen member, she clearly has different thought can can long go on about how courageous Aachan was and how how fans' reaction are all the while still have tear in her eyes which show that she is still shock by the decision in contracts to how calm the other three are in their segment, almost to a fault.

Anyway, I'm going to miss seeing Asu-Mina pair, although I'm sure they'll still be the soul mate that they are no matter what happens:

http://tieba.baidu.com/f?kz=1098369576

(there is a clip in the link discussing Aachan's blog post about how she would like to marry to Takamina)

BTW, you can see a stream of DC performance on Google+ Tomorrow morning at 7 AM EST (I believe)

Also apparently they updated their official Google+ with international accounts which is fully translated including English which were definitely not there yesterday.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/project48/

intersting to note that by look at what language is avalable, you can figure out AKB's current influence in East Asia.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-31 at 20:42.
Old 2012-03-31, 20:37   Link #167
mochichan

If we consider the timeline, the election voting is in June, Majisuka 3 in July, election single in August, since their Fall single is usually in October, and TD probably will be after that so the only time they can have TD is probably late July-early August or during the winter...Unless Aki P is going to move it up and TD will be in April or May then we're fuck because Acchan will leave much earlier but I hope not since she still have her contracts. I feel like the date will be after August meaning Acchan might take place in the election one last time...and she will probably win with a landslide.

AHH~~ I REALLY WISH SHE ANNOUNCE IT ALREADY!!! at least it make us less worry because we know how long we got instead of just speculating =__='
And yeah...was pretty sad seeing Takamina expression.....I was really happy to see her more happy in DC tho I was worry she might put on a brave front for fans.

Agree with your theory on when they're going to graduate. I can't see Takamina leave the group without a leader especially since Acchan is going, Yuko might not leave just because she worry about AKB future, Mariko said she won't leave till AkiP kick her out :P and other members won't feel secure enough to leave right now. I think alot of the girls do care about AKB so they might be too worry about AKB future to leave....Unless some members get nervous and jump ship in case Acchan graduation will negatively impact AKB. =__='

Anyway Acchan look really happy in that vid...She never really liked being the center anyway. At least she's happy
Old 2012-03-31, 20:54   Link #168
Undertaker

April May is not possible, they had too much going on considering 5/27 (or around there) is the release for Manatsu. And not matter how hot they are right now, doing a concert 1-2 month after announce is simply too fast.

My guess is Aug/Sept. as well. Assuming they are still doing the Jankan event at last Sept/early Oct. any thing after that is just slew of end of year events and appearances.

I'm having fun in the new translated G+, granted most of the member's main blog are still in Ameba, but with them being translated already it saves me a lot of trouble of reading them with help.

But yeah, after watching seeing pictures, Aachan looks very upbeat and happy, which is good, because like you said it's a known fact she never really liked been the center or ace of the group to begin with and she can finally ignore the pressures those brings her by all those anti all those years.

Like I said, it's either going to benefit both or end up destroy both, but it's a step that is inevitable if the group is thinking long term.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-31 at 21:19.
Old 2012-03-31, 21:17   Link #169
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
BTW, you can see a stream of DC performance on Google+ Tomorrow morning at 7 AM EST (I believe)

Also apparently they updated their official Google+ with international accounts which is fully translated including English which were definitely not there yesterday.

http://www.google.com/intl/en/+/project48/

intersting to note that by look at what language is avalable, you can figure out AKB's current influence in East Asia.
My mind got blown. Completely.
Old 2012-03-31, 21:35   Link #170
Undertaker

yeah, the language selection were there since day one. A month ago, all the link leads to a dead page and only Japanese is working. Then the Chinese link lead to their original Japanese account.

Then I was playing around the language option a few days ago and now each language have their own sperated account with original Japanese posts on them as late as yesterday.

But today when I click on the new for the DC stream and it take me to the main hub again and it defaulted as English (probably due to IP or windows) and I forgot to switch it to Japanese and just click into member page and what do you know, all the posts have a translated version in addition to the original posts. It's the same in pther languages as well.

I mean, I have my sources and can make read them fine with a bit of help. But this is still pretty awesome, even if most members' main blogs are still in Ameba.

Oh, I also find it interesting that their current catch phrases for the stage are also translated as well. (the descriptions that are under their names.)

Only bummer is that currently only AKB members have this function, so no W Mastui or NMB Sayaka yet for those who can't read Japanese.

And yes I changed my signature just for this....

Edit: still playing on G+ and I noticed, not all members are up yet. Those that are still under 18 like Mayuyu are yet to be up...

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-03-31 at 22:15.
Old 2012-04-01, 07:26   Link #171
sa547
*Author

LIVE NOW: Hangouts Interview with guitarist Marty Friedman (Megadeth) @ official Youtube channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AKB48

PLUS WASHINGTON DC STREAMING COMING LATER
Old 2012-04-01, 10:51   Link #172
mochichan

AHHH~ I missed it ;__;
Well I already seen them anyway but if anyone saw it, was it the 2nd or 1st show?
Old 2012-04-01, 18:13   Link #173
Undertaker

They didn't specifically mention which one, but they started with Flying Get and end with Sakura no Hanabiratachi.

whole thing is about a under a hour. There is a pretty long (15 mins) 4-way conversation with Marty Friedman, a Maryland native who's formerly the lead guitarist for Megadeth before leaving the group and moves to Japan. (Friedman/Takamina/Miichan/Sae&Akicha)

The girls seems to be in 3 different place in the same building, not sure why. One nice thing to add is that the conversation with Marty is subtitled in the clip and at the end there is a 5 mins still screen to promote the Google+ that's in English, so this is obvious marketed more toward English audience than Japanese or even Asian.

After Flying Get and Everyday Katyusha, there is the introduction MC. As expected, Takamina, Miichan, Akicha, and Sae got the biggest pop. Takamina mention that she like ribbons and manga. She also listed OP, Naruto, Slam Dunk, and Dragonball in that order and screams out KameKameha.

Just found out there'll be a second stream at 20:00-22:30 EDT, so that's in 30 mins.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2012-04-01 at 18:26.
Old 2012-04-02, 00:30   Link #174
amasposu

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I can't get this song out of my head! It is so good. =)

(I heard it from Crayon Shin-chan's theme song. 8D)
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-02, 12:51   Link #175
mochichan

^
That song is like the only song from their sub unit i like XD
Are you a new fan? I can introduce you to the members. The sub unit is watarirouka hashiritai 7 but everyone call them Warota 7 cuz no one can spell their full name XD The group cater to the cutesy loving audience tho it's pretty funny that Iwasa Misaki is in it since she's trying to be an enka singer more ie her solo Mujin eki song

BTW~ Tomochin single info

Quote:
AKB48’s Itano Tomomi has finally revealed the title for her upcoming single! Along with the title, she has revealed the coupling tracks, a new artist photo, and the jacket covers.

Itano’s 3rd single will be titled “10nen Go no Kimi e“, and it’s described as an emotional middle tempo ballad with beautiful string arrangements. This song is said to bring out Itano’s different side as an artist.

The single will be available in 3 different versions: Type A, Type B, and Regular Edition. Each of these versions will come with a different coupling track.

The Regular Edition will contain a R&B number titled “lose-lose“, which is Itano’s first song that she wrote herself. Meanwhile, Type A will include the CM song for Ito Yokado’s ‘Body Cooler‘ called “Always I need you“, and Type B will come with “deal feat.NO-FACE“, a song featuring a mysterious rapper.

Furthermore, all versions of the single will contain the coupling track “Clone“. This song is the CM song for mobile phone company ‘EMOBILE‘, and a radio rip was revealed earlier for fans to get a first listen.
Limited

A

B

Can't wait for her collab with No.face

XD
Would be funny if it turn out to be sashi trolling lol

Last edited by mochichan; 2012-04-02 at 14:38.
Old 2012-04-02, 17:56   Link #176
Undertaker

yeah, I know about it.

But to tell the truth, I don't know what to think of it. I just don't think ballad style song fits her, because imo, she really don't have that type of voice compare to say Aachan with her Flower or skills to compensate for her voice in ballad songs.

Her voice is much suited to electric, beat, dance songs of her first singles. My guess is that her voice really don't have that power behind it as well (based on a few live performance I see in videos where her voice got easily covered up or broken by the instruments.) so they are trying it out with a ballad song, but I just don't know if that'll work.

But I guess we just have to wait until we actually hear the song.

It would be great if it does turn out to be Sashi...
Old 2012-04-03, 13:42   Link #177
mochichan

http://soundcloud.com/waimynt/eenxw0n5iz2y

her song suck ass.

Tho it's my preference.
Old 2012-04-03, 17:54   Link #178
Undertaker

Got confused for a bit because the link lead me to a team B song, then I saw the link for "10nen Go no Kimi e".

Pretty much what I expected, The song itself is not bad, but her voice just isn't good enough for it. Itano's voice range is too narrow. She smartly hold at high note and didn't let it break, but it's obvious that the song is looking for more as far as voice quality goes. They add some beat to it try to compensate and take away the ballad style but it didn't help too much.

It's just not the right type song for her.
Old 2012-04-03, 19:29   Link #179
mochichan

http://vid48.com/watch_video.php?v=XH8G2OX9OYH6

Clone PV..

honestly...eh..she look hot in it
I feel like she's going the Kuroki Meisa direction tbh. But then again since they can't really sing, the autotune work for them.

http://www.sanspo.com/geino/news/201...060003-n1.html
BTW~ Acchan will be having an announcement on AKB YT channel at 3pm JST time about her graduation. I'm assuming tomorrow? since it's already 4/4 over there and 4/3 here.

LOL my google translated wrong and I ended up freaking out the AKB fandom on tumblr by saying she's graduating july 25 XD
Old 2012-04-03, 22:28   Link #180
sa547
*Author

Got the news too on one of my FB feeds. Will be watching after lunch.

A single-page ad in a major newspaper with the largest circulation on the planet means one thing: like before the senbatsu elections will have the potential to be earthshaking.