AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka [LN/M] - Yotsuba Inheritance Arc (Volume 16) Rating
Perfect 10 67 68.37%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 11.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.04%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.04%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-05-07, 05:02   Link #1381
Armando99

I don't know anything about the 10MC meeting or who attends them other than the 10 families already there.

If you have all 28 families there, that would be some gathering. Perfect time to wipe them out if one were inclined to do so.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:18   Link #1382
Echizen777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
I don't know anything about the 10MC meeting or who attends them other than the 10 families already there.

If you have all 28 families there, that would be some gathering. Perfect time to wipe them out if one were inclined to do so.
You'd have to have enough power to do so, they are the strongest magic families, that's why I am curious to know what Jiedo has prepared because it seems suicidal to jump into the wolf's mouth like that.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:34   Link #1383
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaG View Post
Again, you are missing the point, why sniper needs to fight barehanded? it's same question with Lina, why she need to fight Tatsuya in close combat, when she can long range? Same with other fights, for Tatsuya, Long range is disadvantage in most cases, yes, he can kill with Mist Dispersal long range, but there are a lot if's with this option, in short range, Tatsuya is almost ultimate weapon, why would anybody (except for idiots and crazy people) fight Tatsuya in short range battle?

About Masaki x Miyuki, there might be a Twist and if author thinks this is good, then that is how it will be, about Miyuki agreing on terms, there are few things like what will happen to Tatsuya, the main issue actually for her. Tatsuya is good at any variant, as long Miyuki is safe and happy. But main point with Miyuki, how can Ichijou compensate Tatsuya as husband, which is her ultimate dream, it's not that it's impossible to change, but it will be hard one for Masaki and Ichijou clan.
Dude, are you high?

Since when Tatsuya is bad at long range engagement?

Don't you see that long range combat is his forte? The only reason he chose CQC is due to his mercy: he gives his opponents a chance to make their struggle interesting.
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
bietchie11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:49   Link #1384
Hk1117

Talking

Quote:
Again, you are missing the point, why sniper needs to fight barehanded? it's same question with Lina, why she need to fight Tatsuya in close combat, when she can long range? Same with other fights, for Tatsuya, Long range is disadvantage in most cases, yes, he can kill with Mist Dispersal long range, but there are a lot if's with this option, in short range, Tatsuya is almost ultimate weapon, why would anybody (except for idiots and crazy people) fight Tatsuya in short range battle?

About Masaki x Miyuki, there might be a Twist and if author thinks this is good, then that is how it will be, about Miyuki agreing on terms, there are few things like what will happen to Tatsuya, the main issue actually for her. Tatsuya is good at any variant, as long Miyuki is safe and happy. But main point with Miyuki, how can Ichijou compensate Tatsuya as husband, which is her ultimate dream, it's not that it's impossible to change, but it will be hard one for Masaki and Ichijou clan.
Tatsuya's skillset is especially geared towards unrealistically long-ranged attacks. The CQC is because he likes his entertainment before killing the poor sods who go up against him.
Hk1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 05:58   Link #1385
Ultragunner

guys, let's not talk about Tatsuya vs Lina here any longer, it's not the right thread , the mods might be coming at this moment
Old 2015-05-07, 06:02   Link #1386
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
You'd have to have enough power to do so, they are the strongest magic families, that's why I am curious to know what Jiedo has prepared because it seems suicidal to jump into the wolf's mouth like that.
I seem to remember one of the spoiler saying that only innocent bystanders were killed/hurt.
Old 2015-05-07, 06:08   Link #1387
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
I don't know why some of you are even arguing about the Masaki "thing". I said it before and I will say it again. If Masaki ever finds the guts to propose directly to Miyuki, she would just laugh in his face. As far as the proposal from Masaki's father, Maya, due to 10MC protocol, will of course peacefully decline it to avoid insulting another MC family.
This is what is happening;
1. At the end of vol.16 Yotsuba announces Miyuki as a heir and Tatsuya as her fiance.
And, they also announce that Tatsuya is Maya's son.
2. Every Ten Master Families sent congratulatory messages to Yotsuba except Ichijou Clan. Ichijou Gouki objects the engagement, and vol. 16 ends.
3. According to the preview, Ichijou clan's Masaki will propose to Miyuki.

Based on this information, weirdoes are speculating that, Ichijou is taking an initiative against Yotsuba because Yotsuba may be getting stronger. And, they have been using "Balance of Power"concept that Kudou Retsu mentioned in the past volumes. But, "Balance of Power" does not mean every party to have an equal power. Parties can form a faction to balance against the strong single party or multiple parties.

Based on Mahouka, each party seems to have similar power strength at this point, so we can call this, "Multipolar system" that does not have one or two parties that have most influence or power over the rest of parties in the system. Rightnow, Yotsuba is getting powerful because they officially invited a living WMD as a family member. Kudou Retsu feared that Yotsuba may become too powerful compared the rest of parties. If Retsu's fear actually happens, will 10MC system be ended? No, it does not have to be ended. The rest of Nine families from 10MC can build an alliance to balance against Yotsuba. If this happens, it will be "Unipolar system" where one single power exits, and the rest of weaker parties join together to balance against one single power. Will "Unipolar system" work in Mahouka? Well, it will be upto the author. In reality, U.S. enjoyed being a sole superpower since the Cold War.

Going back to the issue with Mahouka, I have been repeating this many times; we do not have a full description of how 10MC is being operated and sustained. So, we do not know how significant Ichijou's objection is. We will have to wait for the vol.17 to answer this question.

For my personal speculation, I think, Masaki requested his dad to make an objection. In vol.15, this dude was daydreaming about himself riding a bike with Miyuki. He may think, evil robot (Tatsuya) and his evil witch mother (Maya) are forcing pure and innocent Miyuki to wed the monster even though she is twisted enough to fall in love with her own brother. Masaki may think he is a prince charming, but in reality Miyuki is not a princess but a young witch who will take over the Coven called Yotsuba.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-07 at 06:19.
TrueAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 06:13   Link #1388
Echizen777

Quote:
I seem to remember one of the spoiler saying that only innocent bystanders were killed/hurt.
Which event? The meeting didn't happen yet. What I am saying is that Jiedo attacking them at the meeting despite the huge number of pwoerful magicians there is very dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueAlchemist View Post
1. At the end of vol.16 Yotsuba announces Miyuki as a heir and Tatsuya as her fiance.
2. Every Ten Master Families sent congratulatory messages to Yotsuba except Ichijou Clan. Ichijou Gouki objects the engagement, and vol. 16 ends.
Every Ten Master Families? I doubt it, I think it was said that Numbers sent congratulations not which families, it could be members of the 100 families, I don't see Saegusa or Kudou sending congratulatory messages. As for Yotsuba getting more powerful, only these two seem concerned about it.
Echizen777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 06:17   Link #1389
TrueAlchemist

@ Echizen777 several spoilers that I saw, stated, they were from 10MC. I also saw the one that you mentioned. Another spoiler that I saw, stated, 10MC + 17 supporting families excluding Ichijou. We may need to wait for confirmation from Syokool when he provides a detailed summary. His earlier version was to confirm spoilers from 2chan & 4chan and add few more details to explain spoilers.
Old 2015-05-07, 06:25   Link #1390
Crazy Frog
Dead People

Quote:

For my personal speculation, I think, Masaki requested his dad to make an objection. In vol.15, this dude was daydreaming about himself riding a bike with Miyuki. He may think, evil robot (Tatsuya) and his evil witch mother (Maya) are forcing pure and innocent Miyuki to wed the monster even though she is twisted enough to fall in love with her own brother. Masaki may think he is a prince charming, but in reality Miyuki is not a princess but a young witch who will take over the Coven called Yotsuba.
I like your statement.. haha
Old 2015-05-07, 06:25   Link #1391
Armando99

Quote:

Based on this information, weirdoes are speculating that, Ichijou is taking an initiative against Yotsuba because Yotsuba may be getting stronger. And, they have been using "Balance of Power"concept that Kudou Retsu mentioned in the past volumes. But, "Balance of Power" does not mean every party to have an equal power. Parties can form a faction to balance against the strong single party or multiple parties.

Based on Mahouka, each party seems to have similar power strength at this point, so we can call this, "Multipolar system" that does not have one or two parties that have most influence or power over the rest of parties in the system. Rightnow, Yotsuba is getting powerful because they officially invited a living WMD as a family member. Kudou Retsu feared that Yotsuba may become too powerful compared the rest of parties. If Retsu's fear actually happens, will 10MC system be ended? No, it does not have to be ended. The rest of Nine families from 10MC can build an alliance to balance against Yotsuba. If this happens, it will be "Unipolar system" where one single power exits, and the rest of weaker parties join together to balance against one single power. Will "Unipolar system" work in Mahouka? Well, it will be upto the author. In reality, U.S. enjoyed being a sole superpower since the Cold War.

Going back to the issue with Mahouka, I have been repeating this many times; we do not have a full description of how 10MC is being operated and sustained. So, we do not know how significant Ichijou's objection is. We will have to wait for the vol.17 to answer this question.

For my personal speculation, I think, Masaki requested his dad to make an objection. In vol.15, this dude was daydreaming about himself riding a bike with Miyuki. He may think, evil robot (Tatsuya) and his evil witch mother (Maya) are forcing pure and innocent Miyuki to wed the monster even though she is twisted enough to fall in love with her own brother. Masaki may think he is a prince charming, but in reality Miyuki is not a princess but a mini witch who will take over the Coven called Yotsuba.
I don't think that the Military or the Government will allow the 10MC's to form alliances within their group. They would become too powerful and too difficult to control. I think that is one of the reasons why they all have a sponsor - for control purposes.

Besides, before Tatsuya became an official Yotsuba, he is already in the clan as a Guardian. If there was a conflict involving the clan, he obviously would fight on their side since it would also involve Miyuki. In a sense, even before all this revelations, the Yotsuba already had their SM.

I can't wait to see the reaction of Miyuki when Masaki proposes and Masaki's reaction when Miyuki laughs in his face. If she doesn't use Cocytus on him thinking his proposal is an insult to Tatsuya.
Old 2015-05-07, 06:37   Link #1392
bakato

Quote:
Shippou is not 10MC. That is why he is raging against the Saegusa because he believes that they took their place in the 10MC.

He considers the Saegusa weaker than his family.
All 28 families legible to become 10MC will be present, including Shippou. Speaking of seaweed head, he's another guy we should keep an eye on.

His reaction to the recent announcement will be a sight to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by somerand View Post
I don't think this has ever been officially stated but all 28 families should be present at the selection of the ten master clans considering they are all candidates. I wonder if all the clans have 1 vote each or if the larger more powerful clans have more voting rights than the others. I'm guessing all of the 28 families have the same official amount of votes but the more influential families influence how the lesser families vote.
I always wondered about that. It was strictly stated that the clan with the most powerful magic was chosen, but Shippou made it seem like there was more to it.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 06:38   Link #1393
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
I don't think that the Military or the Government will allow the 10MC's to form alliances within their group. They would become too powerful and too difficult to control. I think that is one of the reasons why they all have a sponsor - for control purposes.
Besides, before Tatsuya became an official Yotsuba, he is already in the clan as a Guardian. If there was a conflict involving the clan, he obviously would fight on their side since it would also involve Miyuki. In a sense, even before all this revelations, the Yotsuba already had their SM.
I can't wait to see the reaction of Miyuki when Masaki proposes and Masaki's reaction when Miyuki laughs in his face. If she doesn't use Cocytus on him thinking his proposal is an insult to Tatsuya.
You are right, but if you look at the past volume when Retsu and Koichi were meeting.
Supposedly, they should not meet and collaborate together based on existing 10MC rule. But they still did it, so they do not have to advertise that 10MC is divided in two faction: Yotsuba and the rest of 10MC. As long as they are doing this under the light, I don't see any legal issue here.

You are right; Tatsuya is a part of Yotsuba's fighting force, but he has been shared with the military. Based on the contract, as long as Miyuki is safe, the military's order comes before orders from Yotsuba. So, it is very hard to say, Yotsuba could utilize him. And, he has been resisting orders from Maya. But, now, Yotsuba owns him; I don't know whether he will take an order from Maya easily, but at least he knows Maya is not an enemy but a little twisted.

She does not need Cocytus. If spoiler is correct, she can just tell him that she is sharing a bed with Tatsuya. Masaki will be finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
All 28 families legible to become 10MC will be present, including Shippou. Speaking of seaweed head, he's another guy we should keep an eye on.
Tatsuya should not stop Sawamura Maki at that time and leave an evidence for the future usage.

By the way, did you guys find any new B/W illustrations? So far, we only have 3 pictures. I am a little disappointed that we don't get to see his new CAD.

Last edited by TrueAlchemist; 2015-05-07 at 06:59.
Old 2015-05-07, 07:17   Link #1394
TheLaG

Quote:
She does not need Cocytus. If spoiler is correct, she can just tell him that she is sharing a bed with Tatsuya. Masaki will be finished.
Instakill I'd say

But about 10 MC, it's already was in other volumes, that clans easily breake rules, when it's needed for them, yes, they try to make it look like nothing happened, but probably, they know that there is no real mechanism for punishments
TheLaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 08:01   Link #1395
black_cat1

Quote:

You are right; Tatsuya is a part of Yotsuba's fighting force, but he has been shared with the military. Based on the contract, as long as Miyuki is safe, the military's order comes before orders from Yotsuba.
I doubt that, remember vol 8 when Hayama is summoned to meet Maya. Maya criticized his actions for ordering Tatsuya use Meteor Strike in the Halloween indecent thus she prohibited the 101st to contact Tatsuya until the ban is lifted and Hayama couldn't do anything but accept. I don't think the military has authority over Yotsuba in matters regard Tatsuya.

Quote:
Tatsuya should not stop Sawamura Maki at that time and leave an evidence for the future usage.
I think he still has the tape recording the hot scene of Maki and Shippou. But I don't think Shippou will choose to opposite Yotsuba, but rather allying with them against the Saegusa clan.
black_cat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 08:10   Link #1396
TrueAlchemist

Quote:
Instakill I'd say
But about 10 MC, it's already was in other volumes, that clans easily breake rules, when it's needed for them, yes, they try to make it look like nothing happened, but probably, they know that there is no real mechanism for punishments
I think, this 10MC thing is very complicated; I am dying to know who is responsible for building this system in the future volumes.
Old 2015-05-07, 08:15   Link #1397
Aciald

Quote:
Instakill I'd say

Ah but there is a mechanism for punishment. It's a visit from the Yotsuba. Ironic.
Aciald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 08:37   Link #1398
Abysmalheart

First of all pls re-read this pls
Spoiler for Thread rule:

we have 2 more days till this is officially released as stated in dengeki site so more news may come up so for the moment keep calm till the 9th as I can see many ppl are biased here and not making much sense without fully understanding the mahouka authors work.

@truealchemist we know from Jumonji(9SC) that 10MC should stand above all and no one should question their power so we might see a huge change in our emotionless MC as far as I can tell the author is teasing us and our shipping he clearly has made a move since Visitor arc 2 with honoka>Erika(slight though)>Mayumi>miyuki
Abysmalheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 08:40   Link #1399
MRD143

The Yotsuba really are like the Magicians Version of a Yakuza Family. They have legitimate businesses but they get most of their Income from their "contract" work.
MRD143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-07, 08:41   Link #1400
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:

You know, that gives me an idea of how things might go down in the next volume:

Masaki tries to talk to Miyuki--thinking, with confidence, that she'll ride off into the sunset with him hand-in-hand, grateful that he saved her from an evil marriage to her demon brother and her witch of an aunt; however, when he confronts her things don't go down as expected and he ends up listing all sorts of reasons why Tatsuya sucks and why someone like him would be a better match for her.

All of this, of course, only serves to piss her off, and she tells him to leave her sight at once as she's pretty much ready to freeze his ass to kingdom come. And then, maybe, just maybe, Tatsuya will see this exchange and it will reassure him that his sister would indeed be happiest by his side, and banish any misgivings he might have with the match.

That would be Miyuki's next struggle: the world will go against her, and now she needs to prove the strength of her convictions.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satroll, shippers tragedy