Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-07, 00:57   Link #2061
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lego View Post
DragoonKain3, if you had to put it in a percentage, how solid do you feel that Kouichi x Mao will end up together?
By default, Osana-Najimi characters have a stunning 70% win to loss percentage since 2000, so that would be the base percentage going into a show knowing absoulely nothing.

In this particular case though, KouichiXMao had admittedly a low 40% chance to succeed at first; it was obvious Kouichi and Mao cared for each other, but back then it was ambiguous if it was THAT way. With Mao giving more screentime than the other two male leads, it was clear that she's not the typical Childhood Friend character, and on top with Kai on the scene, at that time KaiXMao was very likely.

But in light of Mao's uneasiness at Yuumi and Kouichi going out, KouichiXMao was upped to the default of 70%. Now with episode 17 and all its events, I say it's now 90%... the remaining 10% being that Hoshino has been explored much more than your typical rival in love character.

This is of course under the assumption that they don't bring Kai back, but looking into 18's preview, I find that highly unlikely.

@grey_moon
I guess where we don't see each other is that we're looking at MaoXKouichi in different angles. While what you say is true of the normal relationship, Mao and Kouichi's relationship is anything but normal. If we look at the typical Childhood Friend relationships, vast majority of them will tell you that it's really not a matter of wanting to be together, but of not wanting to be apart.

And there lies with the problem I think. The typical Japanese, brought up with this kind of stereotype realizes that this just another one of those. There is no 'magical' moment where we can say that is the point in time that that person (sub-consciously?) fell in love with his/her childhood friend, as the only thing we usually see is when he/she realizes that they feel that way.

It's the culmination of all the experiences they had together ever since they were a child rather than one single event that is the root for that kind of love. Even in the case where they showcase one particular scene in the past, it's generally understood that that is just one of many events that built up on that love. People say that sometimes there's a fine line between love and hate; in the Osana-Najimi's case, the line is even thinner between love and friendship, if there's any at all.

Let's take a series in which the coupling is not a spoiler, Tsubasa Chornicle. Is there any doubt in mind that Sakura loves Syaoran and that Syaoran loves Sakura where all we know from the beginning is that they've always been together? Do we need some sort of event when they were older as a confirmation that they started liking each other that way?

Or how about Noein? Do we need to question Haruka and Yu's feelings for each other, just because we weren't shown a scene that is typical of the typical relationship?

In both cases, it's generally understood that the feelings of the couple are genuine, so I don't see how Mao-->Kyouichi is any different.

As such, a lot of the stories you find about these kind of relationships is just a variation on the theme of Kimikiss (do note there's two or three other basic plot design off the top of my head other than this one); a person's childhood friend becomes distant somehow usually in the case of the childhood friend going out with someone else, the person suddenly feels pain and loneliness when there's none before, said person realizes that he/she loves her childhood friend all along, and as such pursues that person. (Whether he/she succeeds is another matter though ^^; )

You may see that Mao's reaction to KouichiXYuumi as a sign of competitiveness, but let's ask ourselves this, is this really in touch with Mao's character? Is she really the competitive type? Maybe in middle school when she was studying very hard to get into a good high school, but now that she isn't seriously thinking about her future? Is that the mark of a truly competitive person?

So while I see your viewpoint, it's entirely OOC for Mao at this point in time; too many hoops (aka speculation) to go through in order to say Mao is competitive, because the anime has shown that currently she is anything but that. As such, applying Occam's Razor, I go with the simplest explanation. Mao and Kouichi are childhood friends, and because Mao exhibits a TON of similarities with the stereotypical person who's in love with his/her osana-najimi, then I say she must be in love Kouichi. She has loved Kouichi all along, but only when after she set them up and saw how lovey dovey kouichi and Hoshino were was basically the point where she finally realizes her true feelings. Kouichi on the other hand is the wild card, but by looking at the subtle foreshadowings of previous episodes, I say it's a pretty good chance he reciprocates as well.

Say what you will of Kouichi-->Mao, of which is the most debateable right now. But really, I seriously don't know what else the directors can put out there to make Mao-->Kouichi any more clear. We got a kiss on the forehead, we got jealousy, we got pining, we got depression, we got tears, and judging by next episode, we got her pursuing Kouichi. What else can they do apart from outright confession on the part of Mao to suggest that she does truly indeed love him that way? If you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if MaoXKouichi were to fail, it won't be Mao's fault barring Kai's return. Kouichi though is up in the air, and as such it's all up to him now. And people already know how I feel about that one.

EDIT- OT:
@True Tears
If anything, Aiko is probably the most 'cliched' out of the three, but not like there's something wrong with that. I said before there were two or three different plot design for the osana-najimi, and Aiko falls in line with one of them. It's basically the story of one who's love for his/her childhood friend isn't reciprocated, and can't seem to forget about him/her. At least Hiromi's situation (which is in the same mold as Mao in this series) is different from the regular mold in that the mom of the person she likes hates her guts, and thus where a lot of the drama for that series comes from.

And KimiNozo being anything at all like True Tears? That I fail to comprehend at all. If anything, KimiNozo resembles KimiKiss, considering that Mizuki set up Haruka and Takayuki, while in here Mao set up Kouichi and Yuumi. But that's neither here or there, as the reason why KimiNozo is still on the top of everyone's list is because of its episode 2, which to this day hasn't been done again to my knowledge.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2008-02-07 at 01:23.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 01:13   Link #2062
Lego

I know you probably don't want to read spoilers, but does it change your thinking at all if
Spoiler:

If you don't mind spoiling yourself a little for this week and next week do you think those events would push the Mao x Kouichi factor even higher? As you can probably tell I'm still nervous that we'll get a Mao x Kouichi pairing. We've discussed all of these hints and everything like that but I won't be officially relieved until I see them officially announce them as a couple.

I don't know if Kai will be coming back as Mao's interest. He'll most likely show up here or there since hes in Mao's class but I'm not sure if the director wants to bring him back into the fold. We at least know that he'll be in this weeks episode since we see him in the episode preview but we don't know about 19-24. This is also very dependent on what happens with Kouichi x Mao. I still think that the last episode will be the culture festival so that would mean they might not go back to school until 23 or 24.

We still have to deal with the movie kiss between the two and Yuumi's transfer.
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 01:32   Link #2063
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post

And KimiNozo being anything at all like True Tears? That I fail to comprehend at all.
I am talking about the girl using the best friend to forget about the one she likes, when that best friend is actually in love with that girl! I didn't say that the series were the same, but the plot device.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 01:45   Link #2064
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

The way I see it Lego is that Mao-->Kouichi is a done deal. She has come to terms with her feelings in the latest episode, and all I can see is her trying her best till the end of the series to make it happen.

So I just play it by what I see. Mao is the definite lead of this series, as she outstrips even Kouichi in screen time. Are they going to have their main character be alone by the end of the series? They can, but odds weigh heaily in favour that they won't. As such, if it can't be Kai, there's only one other solution. And the hints and foreshadowing for THAT particular solution already has been placed.

Do remember that it will be basically plot sepukku if Kouichi changes his mind too quickly. He needs some time to think things over and have a change of heart; right now, it looks like he's serious about Yuumi. So in order for the story to be believable, they would have for him to go through some phases. My guess? Uneasiness, thought, conflict, then realization.

And guess what? We still have half a cour to go, which is more than enough time for that slight change to happen. Not to mention there's still Kazuki's subplot to cover...

Keep in mind though that all this assumes the script Kouichi wrote had the main couple ending up with each other. Which I think is a fair assumption, but there's always a chance that it isn't. As such, I'm still giving Yuumi a 1 in 10 chance to succeed; there's certainly enough background to back it up in the case YuumiXKouichi happens. But seriously though... what's the success rate of couples who got together in the middle of a series when the main rival (who is a lead character) is still at large till the very end? Don't have the numbers to prove it, but from memory its not very pretty.

Case in point?
Spoiler:

@golthin
Spoiler for KimiNozo:

Old 2008-02-07, 01:45   Link #2065
YoureMyHiro
The One Hit Wonder

Send a message via AIM to YoureMyHiro
They really need to resolve most of Mao's emotional issues soon and if indeed there is a late forthcoming relationship plot twist concerning Kouichi and Mao, I will be upset. He's got a good thing going on with Hoshino and with no emotional upsets. Sure, the guy is a little taken back by a random kiss on the forehead but is that reason enough for the directors to push him in the direction of "searching" for underlying feelings for Mao? This is just my opinion of where their plot line is headed.

Funny enough, I did'nt really like Kai's character until they were able to really expand on his true nature through a few date episodes and now I find myself rooting for this shmuck in hopes that he can recover from Mao's rejection. Im curious to see how his character develops after such a heavy emotional blow, will he become cold and distant? Or take it in stride? Is there really any middle ground? We'll see.

But what about Futami-san and Kazuki? I think Sakino did the right thing by really letting Futami know about the ramifications of her actions, especially concerning these emotional "experiments." Maybe, she is lonely and socially inept and this was her way of bonding and with that in mind maybe Im contradicting myself by saying that Sakino may have said too much but I believe what she said had to be said. I only hope production staff doesnt ignore their relationship in midst of the recent MaoxKaixKouichi triangle.
YoureMyHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 02:04   Link #2066
golthin

Quote:

@golthin
Spoiler for KimiNozo:
the plot device is the same, forget or get closer is just a small deviation in the plot device. It has the four major components, Girl+boy+bestfriend+(girl+bestfriend relationship or affair) the reason for the relationship or the affair can be different. I've seen this plot device many many times in manga but it also happens in anime but not as much.
Old 2008-02-07, 02:16   Link #2067
Lego

I sure hope so Dragoon but here is something very interesting about the confession scene for the movie. Notice how Kouichi comes up to Mao whose crying. Heres the snippet:

Mao:What is it?
Kouichi: Did you love him that much?
Mao: It doesn't matter to you
Mao: Don't say it like you understand
*turns to leave but Kouichi grabs her arm*
Kouichi: I do understand
Kouichi is looking away from Mao so all Mao sees is his back
Kouichi: I do understand..
Kouichi:.... because I've only been looking at you since we were young
Kouichi immediately turns towards Mao with a determined look on his face
Kouichi: That's why I won't let you cry ever again!

BOOM wide eyed Mao and then the flashback to Kouichi saying the exact thing as a kid

You were talking about the movie Dragoon, but isn't that to coincidental and somewhat interesting considering what might happen in 18?
Lego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 02:43   Link #2068
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Say what you will of Kouichi-->Mao, of which is the most debateable right now. But really, I seriously don't know what else the directors can put out there to make Mao-->Kouichi any more clear. We got a kiss on the forehead, we got jealousy, we got pining, we got depression, we got tears, and judging by next episode, we got her pursuing Kouichi. What else can they do apart from outright confession on the part of Mao to suggest that she does truly indeed love him that way? If you have a suggestion, I'm all ears.

Basically, what I'm saying is that if MaoXKouichi were to fail, it won't be Mao's fault barring Kai's return. Kouichi though is up in the air, and as such it's all up to him now. And people already know how I feel about that one.
I hear your point here but still feel that they could have done a better job on mao moving towards kouichi for certain. She has been throwing curve balls here and there with kai, with one moment she is showing how much she likes the dude to the next where she is telling him that they should break up. I guess I feel that the middle stage of all things is rather skimmed at best to reach the current situation. Her state of depression doesn't justify much how she has moved from kai to kouichi but it should be now clear that perhaps she, herself was in so much denial that kai ended up being a scapegoat from the start to the end. This is the only justification I could feel that makes sense in her apparent sudden jump though the point of her depression is still too stressed, enough to make her seen more dull as a person compared to before - This isn't the mao we know and love, she is usually more straightforward and to the point - I guess watching her like this is depressing in itself.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 03:18   Link #2069
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Well I guess that's where we differ, DKZ. I for not one moment have thought she actually liked Kai in that way. Her reaction early on when Kai stole a kiss from her is NOT the stuff romance is made out of, which on top of her growing uneasiness at that time at how well KouichiXYuumi is going made me really question if any interest by Mao is actually genuine. I mean really, the only times KaiXMao advanced was whenever MaoXKouichi took a step back. Coincidence? I think not. Then later on with the forehead kiss and her reaction to the KouichiXYuumi kiss shattered any ideas I have leftover of Mao actually liking Kai in that way.

So really, as much as I hate to say it, Mao was being a bitch and used Kai for her own ends; to try and forget Kouichi. As such, as much as I wanted for the ground to split up on the bottom of Kai's feet and devour him forever, one part I was happy about the breakup was that Mao stopped lying both to herself and Kai, and thus saving Kai from that harsh fate of continually being 'used'. Believe me, it's no fun being in that situation at all... >_>

In other words, never for a moment did I think that Mao 'moved on' from Kai towards Kouichi. It was always been Kouichi in her mind, it's just that Mao has been running away from her feelings ever since she realized it. Which is understandble, since it was her fault anyway for pushing Kouichi with Yuumi.

Now this is speculation but she probably thought that since its her who brought them together, it shouldn't be her who should break them apart. As such, she would try and ignore her feelings (her still setting Kouichi up with Yuumi despite her starting to being uneasy with the relationship). But that didn't work, so she tried using Kai to forget Kouichi. For a while it worked, but the shit hit the fan when she saw THE kiss. So now THAT plan didn't work either she 'broke up' with Kai and now she's facing her feelings head-on. I bet she's feeling bad now that she's trying to break up the relationship she helped set up, but she's definitely feeling worse for not being true to her feelings.

And yes, Mao is shadow of her former self. But then again, whoever said that character development always turns out to be for the better of the character? Sad truth, unfortunately. All we can hope is that she turns out better in the end; and hey, we still have half a cour to go, don't we?

But really, now is where the make-or-break point for this series is IMO. Breaking up MaoXKai is easy because Mao wasn't interested in him in the first place. But breaking up YuumiXKouichi while at the same time making Kouichi realizing his feelings for Mao believeable? Now THAT takes skill especially when Yuumi and Kouichi had feelings for each other for over a year now, and all we can do is wait and see if it does happen. And if it does happen, all we can do right now is have faith that it will be done well.

@Lego
That's one part why I think the script is a big factor into figuring out Kouichi's feelings. which I mentioned earlier.

Another would be how the rest of the cast commented on how Mao was just perfect for the role, while yet another is how Yuumi failed at the same task. Of course this could be attributed to Mao being a good actress and Yuumi being a very poor one. But when combined with the fact that the leads in the scripts are ALSO childhood friends and the fact that one scene is a word for word extraction from his childhood, I find it highly unlikely that THAT was the only reason, or if that was the reason at all.

Of course, I have yet to read the plot synopsis for future episodes. Apart from not wanting to be spoilerd, for one these synopses hardly tell the whole story, and for a show riddled with subtle hints here and there, the synopsis could very well be a red herring. Sorry.

@Golthin
If that were the case, then wouldn't how Mao used Kai to forget her feelings be considered the same plot device? I mean sure, Kai isn't Mao's best friend but rather 'just' a friend, but that 'little deviation' from the norm surely would still fit the bill?

That is... 'Female used her best friend to try and forget about her feelings for another guy' <-- KimiNozo
'Female used her friend to try and forget about her feelings for another guy' <-- KimiKiss

But really though, I'm not arguing whether or not this show or that is using a plot device. What I am arguing on is whether or not two shows uses the same plot device. And for KimiNozo and True Tears using the same, that I again disagree greatly, since it's not a 'minor' deviation anymore when the effect of the change would be in the opposite direction as the original plot device. It would be the same as changing the 'best friend' with 'the local prostitute who's a complete stranger' in the equation of girl+boy+best friend+(girl affair with best friend).

In any case, I really do think it's fruitless going on with this line of thought, so I concede since it hardly matters who's right or wrong in regards to KimiKiss.

Last edited by DragoonKain3; 2008-02-07 at 03:46.
Old 2008-02-07, 03:53   Link #2070
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

@DK3 - Nice post whilst I too see your point there are some parts I need to disagree with. For example in regards to the culmination of childhood memories suddenly becoming a whambamthankyoumam.... Well not as spectacular as that, but if the memoires were more poignant, but they aren't all. The I won't let you cry bit only can be interpreted as something romantic if compared to the movie scene. That's why it stuck in my head as Mao getting locked into her role. I do realise now after it was pointed out that there were other signs before that happened.

I actually have to agree with you when you say you don't think that Mao liked Kai (well not in the beginning). As I have already said I think she is they type of person who doesn't like anyone hating/ignoring her for no good reason. But once she got into the whole Kai affair, I think like Aiko from TT, it is really hard to get out of. If she does what I think she is going to do then good on her. I don't think she is the type of person who likes to trample on peoples hearts and if what you are saying about her not realising her feelings for Kouichi is true, then the same could be said for her feelings towards Kai. Although that does make what you said about using Kai to be somewhat true in regards to the second kiss But does that make her any different from Futami?

In regards to your examples, especially TC. There is no need to show any previous state of their relationship as from the very first scene it is obviously shown that they love each other to bits. When they did show them it was like someone twisting a knife in my heart.

@YoureMyHiro - I think there is no right or wrong for Asuka's position. I know I hinted heavily that I thought it was her fault, but after reading everyone's PoV I realised you just can't judge it as right or wrong. Her actions can really only be judged by her heart and her heart right now blames herself. Which does make my and other's theory about her feeling bad and taking one for the team to be true
Old 2008-02-07, 04:40   Link #2071
ayako
a shounen manga

Send a message via AIM to ayako
*shakes fist* Cursed laptop for turning off as I was typing. Not really adding anything new to the discussion. Just things I noticed.

Spoiler for Just in case. Not really spoilers per se unless you haven't watched the most recent episode.:
ayako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 06:11   Link #2072
golthin

Quote:

@Golthin
If that were the case, then wouldn't how Mao used Kai to forget her feelings be considered the same plot device? I mean sure, Kai isn't Mao's best friend but rather 'just' a friend, but that 'little deviation' from the norm surely would still fit the bill?

That is... 'Female used her best friend to try and forget about her feelings for another guy' <-- KimiNozo
'Female used her friend to try and forget about her feelings for another guy' <-- KimiKiss

But really though, I'm not arguing whether or not this show or that is using a plot device. What I am arguing on is whether or not two shows uses the same plot device. And for KimiNozo and True Tears using the same, that I again disagree greatly, since it's not a 'minor' deviation anymore when the effect of the change would be in the opposite direction as the original plot device. It would be the same as changing the 'best friend' with 'the local prostitute who's a complete stranger' in the equation of girl+boy+best friend+(girl affair with best friend).

In any case, I really do think it's fruitless going on with this line of thought, so I concede since it hardly matters who's right or wrong in regards to KimiKiss.
the formula is an absolute and doesn't change sexes around, Kai is not Kouichi's best friend.
The plot device used in kimikiss is a different one, a little similar but different. Actually, the plot device used in kimikiss is much more used than the girl+boy+bestfriend(girl+bestfriend+affair or go out). I have seen it in many other shows, actually you can see what is happening in Kimikiss in True tears too with the other love triangle.
Old 2008-02-07, 07:25   Link #2073
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Well I'm back. 2 and a half months ago, I dumped Kimikiss in the hopes that it would be a better series if it was marathoned. Unfortunately, my curiosity got the better of me and I watched episodes 7-17 all in one night. However my decision was not without reward. I was able to marathon through the more boring episodes, and now here I am in the midst of the juicy stuff. Episode 17 certainly did not disappoint.

A while back I received a neg rep because I said that I wanted Kouichi and Mao to get together. It doesn't seem so impossible now does it Mr. neg rapist? I still very much want Kouichi and Mao together, only my opinion about a few other things has changed. For instance, I am no longer a KazukiXAsuka supporter. Futami has dragged me to the dark side I'm afraid. She is just far too great to be ignored. Also, I no longer hate Kai. I don't want him near Mao, but I actually feel sorry for the guy. And am I the only one who wants to see more HiiragiXMitsuki? I can only assume they will develop feelings for each other. Otherwise, the scenes with them together would be worthless and a waste of time.
Grimkill7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 08:05   Link #2074
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Well I'm back. 2 and a half months ago, I dumped Kimikiss in the hopes that it would be a better series if it was marathoned. Unfortunately, my curiosity got the better of me and I watched episodes 7-17 all in one night. However my decision was not without reward. I was able to marathon through the more boring episodes, and now here I am in the midst of the juicy stuff. Episode 17 certainly did not disappoint.

A while back I received a neg rep because I said that I wanted Kouichi and Mao to get together. It doesn't seem so impossible now does it Mr. neg rapist? I still very much want Kouichi and Mao together, only my opinion about a few other things has changed. For instance, I am no longer a KazukiXAsuka supporter. Futami has dragged me to the dark side I'm afraid. She is just far too great to be ignored. Also, I no longer hate Kai. I don't want him near Mao, but I actually feel sorry for the guy. And am I the only one who wants to see more HiiragiXMitsuki? I can only assume they will develop feelings for each other. Otherwise, the scenes with them together would be worthless and a waste of time.
hahaha! I have been on the receiving end of immature posters with the neg rep on other forums.
It kinds of make you afraid of posting your opinion. that is why i turned my rep here off, just to deny the satisfaction of neg rep me to any rascal.

I can understand you neg rep to someone that curse at you or is trolling but for picking a couple, please! I really can't understand the MaoxKai fandom, i respect their choice, but I don't understand it. It was a forced relationship and really, kai brought it on himself, he never bothered to find out if Mao liked him before kissing her which was what started everything.

I am not a futami support or an Asuka supporter, either one is fine with me, but I think futami will be the winner. Kazuki has not feeling at all for Asuaka. I feel sorry about her even after she decided not to give up.
Old 2008-02-07, 08:54   Link #2075
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Did anyone else feel that Kouichi was forcing himself during the bench scene with Hoshino. He's going on and on about how he and Mao have been missing each other day after day. Hoshino commented and said well that just means she really likes Kai-kun (little does she know) and they are getting closer. She then comments that she is jealous because she wants to be closer to Kouichi. Kouichi of course blushes and says in his head "Thats right i have to treasure the time i have with Hoshino" His facial expressions were all wrong and the way it played out it was like he was reminding himself that Hoshino is still there. He shouldnt have to do that, the scene was a nice little hint i thought to how Kouichi without even really realizing hes doing it thinks about Mao more and more. He seems less sure of himself now that he does not see Mao as much.

I forgot to mention this in my earlier post but the first date Kai and Mao went on in episode 17. He asked what should they do and he suggested the racing game. Watch how sad Mao's face gets as she says "lets not do that today" wow the girl cant even play a video game without thinking about Kouichi. Since now that she has realized her feelings that time they spent together has become precious to her.

I swear i better get KazukixFutami ending or im going to go postal. Sorry Sakino fans but at this point she has no chance he has never seen her in a romantic way. I agree she is probably going to sacrifice her feelings to get Kazuki back on track with Futami since she feels it was her fault. I wouldnt be surprised if she went to Futami's house to speak with her. Apparently in anime its easier to get someones address than cellphone number. If that were the case that would knock another person out of the running and Sakino would be on the side lines with Kai. The scene of Futami was short but i felt she looked lonely, i dont believe she wanted to end the experiments with Kazuki and she actually regrets it. I mean summer is almost over that means she spent the entire summer alone thats just too sad as i stated before my belief is that Futami needs Kazuki and vice versa. Futami needs Kazuki so he can show her love is worth the risk and being alone does nothing for you but bring sorrow, only Kazuki can show her this but showing her his true feelings. He was so close until the incident with her Sakino make no mistake Kazuki was making progress even it was slow and steady

WELCOME BACK GRIMKILL7
Old 2008-02-07, 09:31   Link #2076
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
And am I the only one who wants to see more HiiragiXMitsuki? I can only assume they will develop feelings for each other. Otherwise, the scenes with them together would be worthless and a waste of time.
I'm hoping they wrap up the Kazuki situation rather quickly and than give the HiiragiXMitsuki situation some development.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 09:51   Link #2077
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Did anyone else feel that Kouichi was forcing himself during the bench scene with Hoshino. He's going on and on about how he and Mao have been missing each other day after day. Hoshino commented and said well that just means she really likes Kai-kun (little does she know) and they are getting closer. She then comments that she is jealous because she wants to be closer to Kouichi. Kouichi of course blushes and says in his head "Thats right i have to treasure the time i have with Hoshino" His facial expressions were all wrong and the way it played out it was like he was reminding himself that Hoshino is still there. He shouldnt have to do that, the scene was a nice little hint i thought to how Kouichi without even really realizing hes doing it thinks about Mao more and more. He seems less sure of himself now that he does not see Mao as much.
I watched the scene again after reading your post and what you say does make a lot of sense. When I consider your point and combine it with how he isn't that concerned (at least not on screen) with Kazuki crashing, then maybe it does swing to more then a good friends/sibling type feelings.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how Yumi brought Kouichi back on tract with what you described above. She really handled the situation well, such a good opputunity for her to go , but instead she ninja'ed it and came out smelling of roses.
Old 2008-02-07, 10:25   Link #2078
Mikagami82

Spoiler for ep 17:
Mikagami82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 10:33   Link #2079
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I watched the scene again after reading your post and what you say does make a lot of sense. When I consider your point and combine it with how he isn't that concerned (at least not on screen) with Kazuki crashing, then maybe it does swing to more then a good friends/sibling type feelings.

I have to say I'm pretty impressed with how Yumi brought Kouichi back on tract with what you described above. She really handled the situation well, such a good opputunity for her to go , but instead she ninja'ed it and came out smelling of roses.
I actually had to watch it 3 times to make sure i was not over analyzing the situation. But im fairly confident now that my initial reaction was the right one. These subtle hints they give us are key to how things will play out. Hoshino did handle it rather ninja like and quite well as a matter of fact. She is no dummy any women would notice if you start talking about another girl so much even if she is just a friend. This just makes me believe even more that somehow someway that Hosino will instrumental in Mao and Kouichi getting together. Almost like a parting gift i can see her saying "If i cant be here for him at least i know there he is with someone who truly cares for him i can entrust Kouichi feelings to you Mao-sempai." Or something like that.

Grimkill i too want some development on HiiragiXMitsuki. Its easy to forget about them since they are not the main focus but its been in the back of my head for a while. They make a perfect couple they would look very nice together, I hope they dont get passed over at least a little screen time would be nice maybe around the end when the rest of the pairings have assured.
Old 2008-02-07, 12:02   Link #2080
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I feel Hoshino's like ... a super-nice-woman.
physics223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, enterbrain, j.c. staff, romance, seinen, shounen