AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

Old 2008-03-08, 19:52   Link #161
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushubaka View Post
She broke it off with Nobuse and lied about getting over Shinichiro. I still want an Aiko ending even though after ep 10, it's impossible. Pull a Shuffle ending!
Spoiler for episode 10:
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 20:57   Link #162
jaisrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by wushubaka View Post
She broke it off with Nobuse and lied about getting over Shinichiro. I still want an Aiko ending even though after ep 10, it's impossible. Pull a Shuffle ending!
In Shuffle it was possible because the protagonist never showed a clear preference among all the girls until near the end. That was more of a true harem show. This one is'nt really a harem show at all because it's been clear since the beginning who Shin wants and the only things that made him waver at all was because of his mother's lie and his misunderstanding that Hiromi likes Jun.
jaisrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-08, 21:51   Link #163
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisrh View Post
In Shuffle it was possible because the protagonist never showed a clear preference among all the girls until near the end. That was more of a true harem show. This one is'nt really a harem show at all because it's been clear since the beginning who Shin wants and the only things that made him waver at all was because of his mother's lie and his misunderstanding that Hiromi likes Jun.
Exactly. Shuffle is the only show where the kind of "Number > 2" girl could "win" (Number 4 Asa) simply because it was the only show that kind of played out like a sim game with lots of different things happening and him ending up with whoever he ended up.

They could have written any character winning scenario into that story and driven it to the ending.

That obviously isn't going to happen here since the whole plot of True Tears has been driven by misunderstandings between Hiromi and Shin as you pointed out. Someone pointed out in another thread that this series would have just been "13 episodes of Hiromi and Shin going to school" if it wasn't for those misunderstandings and if there were a little more open with each other (it might have been you, I'm not sure).
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 04:22   Link #164
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Ugh it's sad after 10....aiko still isn't getting anything from anyone. I made Shin hardly talked to her.
I REALLY wish they'd shown more of Aiko........oh well.
she's def the cutest out of them all
SHUFFLE ENDING pl0x
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 04:25   Link #165
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Ugh it's sad after 10....aiko still isn't getting anything from anyone. I made Shin hardly talked to her.
I REALLY wish they'd shown more of Aiko........oh well.
she's def the cutest out of them all
SHUFFLE ENDING pl0x
Yeah, she has completely left the stage now!
Also she has put Shin at ease by telling him she is over him!
Old 2008-03-09, 22:36   Link #166
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

actually, if you really are an Ai fan, wouldnt you be happy that your girl finally managed to sort out her feelings, clear all pevious misunderstandings, fix what was wrong (relationship with nobuse), AND move on with a genuine (I believe it was) smile?

Im really happy for Ai in this sense. Im not sure Hiromi could have done so in her place, thus im glad that im pretty sure Hiromi wont have to.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 22:54   Link #167
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
actually, if you really are an Ai fan, wouldnt you be happy that your girl finally managed to sort out her feelings, clear all pevious misunderstandings, fix what was wrong (relationship with nobuse), AND move on with a genuine (I believe it was) smile?

Im really happy for Ai in this sense. Im not sure Hiromi could have done so in her place, thus im glad that im pretty sure Hiromi wont have to.
Well, It still hurt to see her trying hard to reasure Shin that she is ok. I know that she will eventually really move on from Shin, but right now the writers want to let us know that even though she said she moved on, she is still suffering. They did that by showing her and Noe after the Hiromi and Shin climax. they are both coping in their own way, because the guy they like loves someone else. It is ironic that Aiko thinks that the person Shin loves is Noe, and that Noe knows that the person Shin loves is Hiromi, I don't know if Hiromi now is sure that Shin loves her but i think she has a pretty good idea!

Aiko has gone back to her previous position when she knew that Shin was in love with Hiromi, but this time she think it is Noe!
Old 2008-03-09, 22:59   Link #168
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Aiko has gone back to her previous position when she knew that Shin was in love with Hiromi, but this time she think it is Noe!
I disagree. I think her "Im moving on from you" to Shin is not just to Shin but also to herself. She really is moving on from him. Earlier, when she thought he likes Hiromi, she would still accept him help, carrying the heavy boxes for her. But now, she's carrying them all by herself. This is the best end I can imagine for Ai, and im sure she will find a better guy than Shin.
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 23:11   Link #169
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00tness View Post
I disagree. I think her "Im moving on from you" to Shin is not just to Shin but also to herself. She really is moving on from him. Earlier, when she thought he likes Hiromi, she would still accept him help, carrying the heavy boxes for her. But now, she's carrying them all by herself. This is the best end I can imagine for Ai, and im sure she will find a better guy than Shin.
well, before she was not trying to move on from him, she was content with just being close to him, thus why she got stuck with Nobuse. This time she is really trying to move on, but she is not quite there(she couldn't move on from shin if she had stayed with Nobuse for obvious reasons). That is why they show her and Noe at the very end, the two girls that lost trying to cope with their feelings. I am not arguing that Aiko is not trying to move on, like you said this time she is really trying by not allowing Shin to be nice to her, much like she did with Nobuse when he was trying to be nice with her when she tried to break up with him the first time. This is Aiko way of distancing and moving on, she won't allow people to be nice to her.

I am not trying to say that Aiko has a chance, just that she is still suffering from a broken heart regardless whether she has decided to move on. I don't expect much screen time for Aiko if any at all in the next two episodes. We won't see till maybe episode 13. The only screen time for Aiko in episode 11 or 12 could be for her trying to encourage Shin or something similar.
Old 2008-03-10, 01:09   Link #170
vio5555

The best part of the Ai handling in my opinion is that they've covered most of the heavy "tears"-type drama before 10, so that she really got to take center stage as she played her role in the series.

We all know that there's no way she could realistically compete for screentime with Noe (or Hiromi) when it comes to sadness simply because of how the series has been structured to maximize on their drama at the end.

Either way, I've been plenty surprised in a good way that Ai has gotten a much larger part than I thought she would get around eps 1-2, and that she will go out on her own terms. I do agree that a large part of her announcing it in front of Shin is that it really does provide her with outward closure and that she'll be able to deal with her emotions as she watches him dance on the stage (possibly) and in the final episode.

In that sense I do agree with you w00tness but I think you're specifically refering to outward closure in the sense of AixShin, so I do think that golthin has a point about inward closure still being sought; in a sense she's not really smiling a true smile at the end of ep 10, hopefully she'll get that by ep 13.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 12:48   Link #171
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Theres a possibility that Hiromi and Noe would have a fight to the death, leaving Shin all alone for Ai to take him, lol... erm.. maybe not, but it could happen, lol.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 10:59   Link #172
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

I think Aiko may come back....i mean you saw how she looked drinking the water she clearly isn't over him.
but maybe they'll be like BFF at the end of the story or something
personally she's the cutest of all of them.
hiromi looks like some demon succubus and noe just looks weird.
Old 2008-03-13, 11:25   Link #173
golthin

Quote:
I think Aiko may come back....i mean you saw how she looked drinking the water she clearly isn't over him.
but maybe they'll be like BFF at the end of the story or something
personally she's the cutest of all of them.
hiromi looks like some demon succubus and noe just looks weird.
Hehehe! keeping the hope up! I guess someone has too!
Old 2008-03-16, 12:36   Link #174
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

well episode 11 pretty much......well
Spoiler:

NOESSSSSSSSSSS
Old 2008-03-16, 14:41   Link #175
golthin

Quote:
well episode 11 pretty much......well
Spoiler:

NOESSSSSSSSSSS
It is left ambiguous!

Spoiler:

We still have two episodes left to see if they made any progress!
Old 2008-03-16, 16:32   Link #176
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ well, Nobuse did say that he hoped they'd be together long enough for her to knit him a sweater. good for them.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-16, 17:47   Link #177
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
^^ well, Nobuse did say that he hoped they'd be together long enough for her to knit him a sweater. good for them.
well, that was a play of words that Aiko used.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-16, 18:10   Link #178
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

i still really doubt as if aiko will get much attention these next 2 episodes sadly...prolly just a concluding thing about her....as sad as that is to say
Old 2008-03-16, 23:09   Link #179
golthin

Quote:
i still really doubt as if aiko will get much attention these next 2 episodes sadly...prolly just a concluding thing about her....as sad as that is to say
It is obvious that the writers want to leave the Nobuse and Aiko side of the story ambiguous!
The break up had two purposes, involve Noe with nobuse, Aiko wanted to get a final chance with Shin so she needed to get free of Nobuse. Aiko finally decided to move on from Shin after she saw Noe come to his dance practice (I wonder what Aiko would have done if she had not seen Noe there that night). Aiko has finally moved on as she doesn't seem to go to the dance practices anymore. Shin also doesn't go to Aiko's shop anymore and Nobuse doesn't drag shin along either .
Old 2008-03-17, 00:45   Link #180
be0wulf
it's friday

Send a message via MSN to be0wulf
Okay guys, just so you know, ep.11 basically means that there's now a 0% chance of Aiko getting together with Shin.

Think about it. The entire series have been about Shin's repressed love for Hiromi, and him liking Noe because she confessed to him. Ai-chan has always been the older friend whom he set up on a date with Nobuse. You don't get much on their past history together.

Give it up, Ai-chan fanboys. Her chances are nil. You may as well root for Noe's outside chance instead.

http://www.chunlikickedme.tumblr.com
be0wulf is offline   Reply With Quote