AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 98 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 26.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 11.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-05, 23:49   Link #61
jonli
JONLIの憂'

LOL!!! I just got a glimpse of the movie section at the beginning of this episode. It made me smile furiously and continuously.

Seriously they made Sara Nome into a blonde white woman, typical Hollywood! I don't know if the writers did this on purpose or if it was just a coincidence XD

EDIT: Sheryl's one sneaky bitch...

Spoiler for sherly:

Last edited by jonli; 2008-06-06 at 00:09.
Old 2008-06-05, 23:50   Link #62
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Haven't watched, but based on posts I have read so far, there is enough love for Sheryl in this ep. Happy downloading.

...and the new Cousin Brera is there. Hope he dies in near future.
I have to disagree, there can never be enough love for Sheryl in an episode. Still, I feel some uneasiness at how well Alto and Sheryl suit each other and truly hope Kawamori isn't a sadist...
Old 2008-06-05, 23:59   Link #63
ani_d

One cute decent scene=OK, One whole episode=Hallelujah~ haha I'm seeing a bright future for Ranka.

This show never fails to show me what I want to see. Definitely my fave episode yet. I'll ramble more once I see the subs. Oh, and the Aimo song + the whole new melody Ranka sang in the end gave me goosebumps. It was very pretty.
Old 2008-06-06, 00:02   Link #64
zalem

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Aren't these things suppose to be enclosed environments? How did a mutated griffin-like creature get there?
That's exactly what I was thinking. It doesn't really make any sense....
Old 2008-06-06, 00:06   Link #65
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
I have to disagree, there can never be enough love for Sheryl in an episode. Still, I feel some uneasiness at how well Alto and Sheryl suit each other and truly hope Kawamori isn't a sadist...
No, there can never be. You are totally correct. Please allow me have a hard bite on my tougue and take those words back.

It seems there is a lot love for Sheryl in this episode but I'm sure I wanta more, especially next week will be a break due to Eurocup. It better provides some good games or I'd hate Eurocup.
Old 2008-06-06, 00:11   Link #66
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

O_o

Turns out Brera is Ranka's brother. Fun.

And thats how Zero should have ended! That was good *tear*.

- Tak (Yeah, Ranka's uttering is as good as a giveaway, but I am still open to surprises)
Old 2008-06-06, 00:14   Link #67
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Still, I feel some uneasiness at how well Alto and Sheryl suit each other and truly hope Kawamori isn't a sadist...
It's pretty hard to predict what the outcome of the love triangle will be when both are idols this time around.

There's a good chance for either outcome, but sometimes I get this bad feeling when something is this good this early... Uneasiness is the right word. So many possible reversals could happen from here on.
Old 2008-06-06, 00:15   Link #68
Westlo
Lets be reality

Does anyone know when the next newtype magazine comes out?

Also it really doesn't matter if Brera is related to Ranka in some way since cousins marry in Japan, it's fine as long as their not brother and sister... though that doesn't stop some anime/manga titles... lol..

Another break after episode 11... no wonder this finishes October 17th... really want to see the new OP/EDs as well.. curious to see what hints they throw is in them. I also really want to hear the May'n and Megumi opening duet as well as the new May'n ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampstorm View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It's pretty hard to predict what the outcome of the love triangle will be when both are idols this time around.

There's a good chance for either outcome, but sometimes I get this bad feeling when something is this good this early... Uneasiness is the right word. So many possible reversals could happen from here on.
Well if it follows the typical pattern Ranka should be in pole position around 13-18 which gains sympathy for Sheryl and than she gets over the line at the end. Seriously as long as I'm happy for the winner, feel bad for the loser and Sheryl gets a good ending I don't care who wins. (and her still being the galactic fairy is not my idea of a good ending since it just means she's where she was at the start of the show).

For all we know Ranka can "win" and yet it ends with a bittersweet ending.....
Old 2008-06-06, 00:29   Link #69
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I would actually prefer for Sheryl to win but how far we are in atm we cant say whos going to win just hope for our favorite person. I also think that Micheal and Luca will hook up lol they just seem so damn gay xD.

But yea havnt seen epi yet dont get to speak about epi takes for ever for me to get <.<
Old 2008-06-06, 00:32   Link #70
velocity7

Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-06, 00:39   Link #71
jonli
JONLIの憂'

Does anyone think that the kisses in Episode 10 is actually leading us down the wrong path?

Spoiler for kiss kiss ksiss kisss kisss kiss kisss:

I'm personally a Sheryl x Alto person, but they're just sailing down the road of happiness right now, and if this series is going to be 26 episodes, then something will happen to cast misfortune on them. It's been a long time since I've cared for a triangle in an Anime series, and truly wish that two characters end up together . Please Kawamori don't screw with my mind.
Old 2008-06-06, 00:42   Link #72
Westlo
Lets be reality

Chihiro sub is out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
I'm personally a Sheryl x Alto person, but they're just sailing down the road of happiness right now, and if this series is going to be 26 episodes, then something will happen to cast misfortune on them. It's been a long time since I've cared for a triangle in an Anime series, and truly wish that two characters end up together . Please Kawamori don't screw with my mind.
I've nailed every love prediction (and luckily for me they were the pairings I liked as well) I've made since October last year for stuff that has been broadcasting (Ef, Kimikiss, True Tears), stuff I watched without being spoiled (KGNE) and mangas I've read. Even though I was really into Mitsuki from kGNE and Hiromi from True Tears I'll trade them all for Sheryl & Alto if I could But I'll be happy with a good Sheryl ending... just kinda hard for me to see one without her ending with Alto...
Old 2008-06-06, 00:45   Link #73
nines
I much prefer the 2d

I hope your right Westlo Alto & Sheryl seems to fit more romantically and how they act together they already got a bond and etc while it seems like "to me" Alto feels more sorry for Rankas past which has some emotion but not attraction or anything so BE RIGHT and dling the Chiriro atm
Old 2008-06-06, 00:52   Link #74
Westlo
Lets be reality

I hope I'm right too, but as much as I want too see Sheryl win I also want to feel really bad for Ranka at the moment of choosing as well as happy for her later. Macross Do You Remember Love pulled this off perfectly with me. Even though I'm a massive Misa Hayase fan and prefer her over Minmei a lot I still really felt bad for Minmei... in DYRL anyway., they made her a lot more sympathetic. That look on her face when she sees Hikaru come to her after he decided on Hayase (unknown to her) The best love triangles do this to you.
Old 2008-06-06, 00:53   Link #75
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Also it really doesn't matter if Brera is related to Ranka in some way since cousins marry in Japan, it's fine as long as their not brother and sister... though that doesn't stop some anime/manga titles... lol..
I bet it would be cousin thing as another homage to the original.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-06, 01:11   Link #76
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchiro View Post
yup.... eurocup
WTF

NOOOOOOO

I like both... ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrypokstick View Post
Blasphemy!!!!
Who voted a mere 9 for this episode?!!!!!!
ok just kidding. Anyway this episode was simply wonderful. even the crapy stream quality were worth its awesomeness.
it was meh , the 1st half animation is kinda weak, the face is weird/ not right , especially Cathy .. But the last 10 minutes of the show was epic cinematography . btw the woman/guy thingy who deal with Leon sounds almost the same with the boss/superior madame of Breda?

so that movie was Macross Zero? Time to download it

Quote:
Chihiro sub is out.
wow i waste 300 MB download the raw, baka and toshou fail me T_T.
Old 2008-06-06, 01:22   Link #77
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
I hope I'm right too, but as much as I want too see Sheryl win I also want to feel really bad for Ranka at the moment of choosing as well as happy for her later. Macross Do You Remember Love pulled this off perfectly with me. Even though I'm a massive Misa Hayase fan and prefer her over Minmei a lot I still really felt bad for Minmei... in DYRL anyway., they made her a lot more sympathetic. That look on her face when she sees Hikaru come to her after he decided on Hayase (unknown to her) The best love triangles do this to you.
I don't know about feeling sorry for Ranka if she loses out in the end. It all depends on whether the reason for her infatuation for Alto develops into something deeper than just because he's pretty and saved her life. She doesn't really know anything about him at the moment and hasn't seemed to make any effort to do so up to this point. I do rather like her though, and I hope she doesn't become a Minmei on her rise to stardom, but Sheryl's presentation so far just makes it kinda hard for me root for her even a little. I've always rather disliked, maybe even hated, Minmei since she was so frivolous, whereas Misa was much more appealing.
Old 2008-06-06, 01:22   Link #78
Westlo
Lets be reality

Well if Chihiro keep this speed up I might as well skip downloading the raw from now on, will save me from downloading each episode 3-4 times :\
Old 2008-06-06, 01:24   Link #79
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
wow all of my sources failed but chihiro is fast

waiting for DL to complete omg
Old 2008-06-06, 01:30   Link #80
nines
I much prefer the 2d

i got 1:53 left its killing me gotta see this usually i just stream lol but this seems to be a bit faster. To bed with me and i will have my view on this that is really nothing more than DAMNIT WHY CANT I BE THE GUY IN THESE ANIMES!