Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-10, 15:01   Link #201
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
Hey! I like this one, Can I use it too?
I'm sorry Evil Rick, I'd rather you didn't, since it's the only one of the 3 I posted that was accepted. It took me a while to find it too, so I would like it if you picked a different render. Of course I can't stop you, but that's just my preference.

Co-host of Kaiseki Anime Podcast
Find us on Apple Podcasts and Google Play

AniList

Sig: HSxHoneycomb
Old 2009-03-10, 15:22   Link #202
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
second version, I corrected my text ( I had mixed my english with my french ) and changed some details
Looks very cool, I personally like how does it looks right now, exept that the render of the character looks a bit to 'green' :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
I'm sorry Evil Rick, I'd rather you didn't, since it's the only one of the 3 I posted that was accepted. It took me a while to find it too, so I would like it if you picked a different render. Of course I can't stop you, but that's just my preference.
No problem, I'll look for other one
Old 2009-03-10, 15:49   Link #203
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Okay, new try.

Old one (still looking for some opinions )

C&C please, I'll be thanfull
Old 2009-03-10, 17:04   Link #204
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

No love for Lucy? D:

Old 2009-03-10, 17:53   Link #205
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Evil Rick, I would dare say if those 2 are eligiblesor not , KINA specified for the rule this month ''Anime only'' ( That why my first idea would probably not be accepted, being Light Novel or ( it's a little far streched) manga material ). For the visual they are good, but, I don't know what, there is something missing.

Riker, I don't think there would be a problem with this render.

My 3th version ( thank for the imput Evil Rick, I discovered a nother function of Photoshop Element7, trying to correct my render )
Old 2009-03-10, 20:17   Link #206
Telmah

Send a message via AIM to Telmah Send a message via MSN to Telmah
I've never actually tried to make a signature before, but I thought I'd make an attempt this month after reading through a few of the guides. Hopefully, I am not breaking any cardninal rules of signature creation. Any feedback is more than welcome!

Old 2009-03-10, 20:42   Link #207
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
No love for Lucy? D:
I made a failed one using another render of her if that counts.

Welcome Telmah, glad you could join us! It's not bad for first attempt, I'll have to think for a bit on what could be improved.
Old 2009-03-10, 20:49   Link #208
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Evil Rick, I would dare say if those 2 are eligiblesor not , KINA specified for the rule this month ''Anime only'' ( That why my first idea would probably not be accepted, being Light Novel or ( it's a little far streched) manga material ). For the visual they are good, but, I don't know what, there is something missing.
Why do you think that the fox girl on the first sig is not anime? D:?
KiNA has pointed several times before that when he refers to "only anime" is in the "animation" sense, in other words, nothing real like live photos of animals or human people.

Quote:
My 3th version ( thank for the imput Evil Rick, I discovered a nother function of Photoshop Element7, trying to correct my render )
So far it looks good, maybe a border would be a nice add

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telmah View Post
I've never actually tried to make a signature before, but I thought I'd make an attempt this month after reading through a few of the guides. Hopefully, I am not breaking any cardninal rules of signature creation. Any feedback is more than welcome!

More new faces
Ehem... the quality of the render is not the best, it afects seriously the sig :?

Quote:
Okay, new try.

Come on people! I always give C&C to all the entries
Old 2009-03-10, 21:13   Link #209
escimo
Paparazzi

Okay okay. But you asked for it...

Quote:
Okay, new try.

Text fails. It's too detached from the sig. Something more subtle would work better. Background is good and so are the colors, though the bg could use some depth to it. It feels a bit monotone without being it because of very uniform luminosity. Not a fan of the drop shadow on the render. This is definitely workable, a few tweaks and it's going to be great. The red part is a bit of an eyecatch, try blending the text to accommodate it. Use the same color for example. Now it feels a bit lonely.

Quote:

Sorry to say but this is something I've seen quite much from you. Original art's good but overall the sig is quite generic and frankly the flame effects are getting a bit old. As a question of personal preference a bit too bad ass-ish to my taste.

On both, a bit unimaginative . I think that a bit of mystery feeling to the sig would fit the theme perfectly, leaving something to the viewer's imagination.
Old 2009-03-10, 21:26   Link #210
LKK

Quote:
Fair enough. Not to mention that I owe you for all your help.

On the first picture, that red in the bottom right doesn't seem to belong to the picture. It's drawing my attention without contributing anything to the picture. I like the fox tail girl. But there isn't enough definition between top of her head and the background. I don't think her hair is supposed to reach out of frame, but I can't tell where her hair ends and the background begins. If it's an intentional blend of the two, it's not obviously enough intentional. (She's a cutie, by the way.)

On the second picture, the flames and the main character seem like their from two different pictures rather than belonging to one picture. The difference between the hyper-real flames and the character style is too obvious for my tastes. Maybe tone down the flames??

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-03-10, 21:34   Link #211
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Why do you think that the fox girl on the first sig is not anime? D:?
KiNA has pointed several times before that when he refers to "only anime" is in the "animation" sense, in other words, nothing real like live photos of animals or human people.

I didn't know if she is ''anime'', I don't know the source. I thought than KINA had put a more ''selective'' than you explained, that why I abandonned my first idea ( a sig more like the one I usualy use.)

@the fox girl , the background let me perplex is that supposed to look at a some pizalized chaos or a symplistic foliage ? The latter could be a good idea.
@ the one based on your drawing I am not qualified to juge someone's drawing ( I am really bad at drawing). The flame might look much more like a very liquid magma going fastly down a narrow valley
@Telmah as much as I know, no rules are transgressed, the render could be better and the background is somehow generic.

My 4th version with a border, C&C are always welcome.
Old 2009-03-10, 23:19   Link #212
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Rick is right, I accept drawn art (ie 2D). Game art, if it look drawn are accepted, but DoA renders are almost assured to be rejected as it almost RL lookalike. Altho DoA Hitomi is the epitome of cuteness to me

I'm weird I know >.<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-11, 00:13   Link #213
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Thanks for the coments, it fmakes you feel that people really want you to improve

took in concideration all the coments and came up with this:

Version 2.

New text, fixed the red space on the bg and focused more on the covered face of the girl plus another style of border.

Also:

Version 3.

Exactly the same as Version 2, just that this one has a little animation on her eye, though that it could be a nice add. (edit: just noticed the quality but I can fix that )

Looking for opinions and sugestions as well

Quote:
My 4th version with a border, C&C are always welcome.
Yeah, it looks better with the border

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Rick is right, I accept drawn art (ie 2D). Game art, if it look drawn are accepted, but DoA renders are almost assured to be rejected as it almost RL lookalike. Altho DoA Hitomi is the epitome of cuteness to me

I'm weird I know >.<
Kasumi owns
Old 2009-03-11, 00:24   Link #214
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Thanks for the coments, it fmakes you feel that people really want you to improve

Version 2.

New text, fixed the red space on the bg and focused more on the covered face of the girl plus another style of border.

Also:

Version 3.

Exactly the same as Version 2, just that this one has a little animation on her eye, though that it could be a nice add. (edit: just noticed the quality but I can fix that )

Looking for opinions and sugestions as well

I like version 3 with the slight eye animation. I like the text, fits well with the overall sig. In general, I like your sig...it's cute.

@ganbaru: Nice sig! I'm just wondering whether it would look better if the border was a tad bit thinner. It's probably just me, but the border looks a bit thick and distracting at the top.

@LKK: I agree with all the previous commentors, Font 1 is better.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2009-03-11, 01:36   Link #215
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Yey for animute!

If you have filesize to spare, make 1 long pause, and 2 short pause for the blink.. it make more natural (>_^)
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2009-03-11, 01:42   Link #216
Urei
Star Designer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Version 2.

Also:

Version 3.

I really like the second one. Could you make the blink a bit slower? It's diverting your attention from the rest of the sig

AD 2314 Mobile Suit Gundam 00
~A wakening of the Trailblazer~

Old 2009-03-11, 04:22   Link #217
Aurelie
THE BRITISH ARE COMING!!!
*Graphic Designer

Decided to try something new. Any suggestions?

Old

New
Old 2009-03-11, 04:47   Link #218
markesellus
Undercover Mole
*Graphic Designer

I really like number 1. It's just very badass. The BG for 2 needs work, as well as font and border. It can be something really awesome

[EDIT]: @Frailty: The mask on Shinji's face needs work. More blending or something, it really stands out. It looks pretty cool over all. I was waiting for someone to use Vizards. I still can't believe no one used Kakashi yet...

Last edited by markesellus; 2009-03-11 at 04:51. Reason: More.
Old 2009-03-11, 04:47   Link #219
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

*tries*
comments please :]

Old 2009-03-11, 04:48   Link #220
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

@EvilRick, the 3th version's blinking is too fast and is done to often. The change of the 2nd version hit the mark.
@Andresta the new one is too dark ,
@fraility the mask look to me like he was placed there ramdomly, I am not sure of the use of the left part.

Tags
contest, sotm