Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-16, 10:16   Link #961
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

"It's better to be an idiot who jumps into the fray without thinking..."

Somehow this one line was the one that stood out the most for this episode

(Yuuji's internal conflict with himself was probably the most intense scene from this series ever)

Oh yeah, love the special Yuuji/Shouko ED montage they used for this episode as well
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 10:17   Link #962
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Best episode for this series... nay, this entire cour!

Answers a lot of questions, like the obvious one why Shouko wants to marry him so badly (heck even Mom was cheering for her already from the beginning), but the less obvious as to why Yuuji doesn't openly accept Shouko's feelings. Yuuji, in his mind, didn't save Shouko because he likes her (or heck, even consider her as a 'friend'), but because he felt guilty of not only dragging her into his mess, but also trying to push the responsibility of her transferring to herself. That's why he thinks Shouko loves him for the wrong reasons, because he thinks Shouko is under the impression he did what he did because of affection, when he did it just because of his conscience.

Stupid guy, atonement and redemption be damned. Just go for it already... but I guess this show isn't deserved to be called baka if both of the male leads weren't stupid in one way, shape, or form or another.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 11:15   Link #963
EroKing

Episode 11

I fell for Yuuji's mom at first sight >.>

Spoiler for Here are some gifs:
Old 2011-09-16, 11:54   Link #964
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Then again, they need evidence. If the victim's unwilling to testify, the case will be thrown out of court. Yuuji just said 'I hate their guts' and beat them up, so yeah, that's the only evidence. Nobody else could do anything. Yuuji wanted to end the case fast so that they won't probe further.
That's why I said they should treat it like nothing happened. Like everyone fell down the stairs. Yes, it'd mean the bullies got away scot-free, but it'd also mean Yuuji wouldn't be a "bad guy".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:02   Link #965
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 11

I fell for Yuuji's mom at first sight >.>

Spoiler for Here are some gifs:
my MILF fetish has been unlocked... is this bad?
Old 2011-09-16, 12:08   Link #966
GDB

So Yuuji's mom is basically Himeji with different colored hair?
GDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:34   Link #967
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
So Yuuji's mom is basically Himeji with different colored hair?
eh?, isn't Yuuji mom once cook for him in the book? when Yuuji wake up in the morning and found out Shouko invaded his treasure chest and protest to his mom that cooked something in the kitchen?

where's Ping -bro? he need to confirm this...
*look at radar*
oh! Singaporean already a sleep, since in their timezone it's already late night
*turn to warlock*
Warlock? can you hack his machine for me? I'd like to see his expression tomorrow morning when his monitor display a lot of 'good pic' when booting (just kidding)
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 12:46   Link #968
Sixth
Hu Tao

This episode is not baka to test-ish at all. It is completely a different anime. The atmosphere, the art and everything.

I wonder, which Yuuji is better? A smart one who looked down on everyone or the one who associate with Akihisa? A smart Yuuji will never let someone taser'ing him. Shouko definitely changed a lot. From a shy into a fearless yandere.

Still, there is no explanation why Yuuji gave up on getting high-score.

There is something I have been wondering after I watched this episode. Why is Akihisa never being a victim of bullies? Is he too stupid to notice that he was being bullied or he just don't care. When I said victim of bullies, I mean the serious one, not comical one. Something like Nobita and Jian's case from Doraemon.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 13:09   Link #969
ookamigirl

Yuuji & Shouko... the elementary school history.
Interesting how Yuuji got from honor role to bottom.
Guess Shouko was his only friend back then.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 13:38   Link #970
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Another great episode on character backgrounds, but I will still go with the Minami episode being better that this one, slightly. And Yuuji's mom reminds me too much of Himeji, with her carefree attitude and world-class cooking skills.

This episode was a great watch though.
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 14:50   Link #971
AzureWrath

Shouko really is the best o.o

Also, coincidence?

Moar facedesk!
Old 2011-09-16, 15:13   Link #972
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Yes...it's bad....very bad..

*knocks ZeKeR out and runs off with Yuji's mom *

Though I can see a resemblence to Yuji.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 15:20   Link #973
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Well at least this season is proving to have some merits to it, despite it's lack of hilarity.

Probably my favorite episode of the entire series this was. Putting my favorite character (Yuuji) into the protagonist seat and developing the relationship behind his and Shouko's relationship when they were children. I was right to be anxious for it.~

Best thing? No unfunny humor or annoying characters to interrupt and ruin it all. Flush out all the bad and there we have the diamond among the rocks.~

The Minami back-story gets second place after this, only because I like Yuuji and Shouko more as characters than Minami and Yoshii.
Old 2011-09-16, 16:01   Link #974
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Wow, I was expecting Yuji's mother to be pretty, but she's quite the lady. It's too bad she's got some Himeji personalities especially in the poison skill department.

It never gets old whenever I see Shouko teasing or messing with Yuji even when they were little kids. It makes me chuckle every time.
Old 2011-09-16, 16:09   Link #975
random_person_4840

This episode really want me to see the story of that first meeting between Yuuji, Akihisa, Hideyoshi, and Muttsulini at high school. Yuuji definitely changed, for the better in my opinion, when he decided that he could be friends with people he initially thought below him. If he was looking down on people intellectually, being friends with Akihisa is some huge change.
random_person_4840 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 18:34   Link #976
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
This episode is not baka to test-ish at all. It is completely a different anime. The atmosphere, the art and everything.

I wonder, which Yuuji is better? A smart one who looked down on everyone or the one who associate with Akihisa? A smart Yuuji will never let someone taser'ing him. Shouko definitely changed a lot. From a shy into a fearless yandere.

Still, there is no explanation why Yuuji gave up on getting high-score.

There is something I have been wondering after I watched this episode. Why is Akihisa never being a victim of bullies? Is he too stupid to notice that he was being bullied or he just don't care. When I said victim of bullies, I mean the serious one, not comical one. Something like Nobita and Jian's case from Doraemon.

I think it's pretty obvious why Yuuji gave up on getting high scores, he doesn't want to be the same person that looks down on people because he has better reasons than them. It's probably because of his arrogance that antagonized those boys (Yes they were dicks themselves but still); And I don't know if this was in the original text, but Yuuji must have come to appreciate 'Idiots' that would try to do the right thing regardless of reasons or excuses, instead of the smartass that can only think for himself.

As for Akihisa, the answer is simple as well- He's the type that can make friends easily. No matter how much of a hard time they give him, Akihisa would never give up to try to be their friend.
Old 2011-09-16, 20:22   Link #977
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As for Akihisa, the answer is simple as well- He's the type that can make friends easily. No matter how much of a hard time they give him, Akihisa would never give up to try to be their friend.
Which reminds me of the question and answer during the break of this ep.

Akihisa answered "untalented (but determined)". That's his nature. He's a friend-magnet.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-16, 20:36   Link #978
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanutbutter View Post
Which reminds me of the question and answer during the break of this ep.

Akihisa answered "untalented (but determined)". That's his nature. He's a friend-magnet.
What was the question?
Old 2011-09-16, 21:03   Link #979
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wasn't expecting their back-story to be like that, but i enjoyed it. Yuuji's mom was hot.
Old 2011-09-16, 22:39   Link #980
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
Good if it's for an anime mom.

Very bad if if for real....mom..
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, fantasy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen