AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-02-03, 13:26   Link #381
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
episode 1 was really nicely done. Can't wait to next episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
As for the plot I'm afraid to even comment on it as it's, for me, even worse than the OVA so far. If the OVA had the not so minor problem of failing to make clear to the viewer for most of it's runtime what the true meaning of the otherworld scenes was at least it had a relatively well built relationship between the main chars and even a bit of drama to spice things up. This TV adaptation on the other hand seemed to hell bent on skipping all that essential development done in the previous work to avoid repetition and yet, given the major changes to the characters, that's a pretty big omission in my book.
I actually thought it was the opposite. The OVA I had no idea what relationship Kuroi and BRS had but in the TV series I found out. It gets explained @ around 17:30 where Kuroi and the teacher were talking.
Old 2012-02-03, 13:45   Link #382
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

I extremely enjoyed the first episode, and I can't wait to see what path Mato and Yomi's relationship takes. I really hope BRS does actually ends up with Deadmaster this time around.
Old 2012-02-03, 14:52   Link #383
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGMF-X10A View Post
I actually thought it was the opposite. The OVA I had no idea what relationship Kuroi and BRS had but in the TV series I found out. It gets explained @ around 17:30 where Kuroi and the teacher were talking.
The OVA only gives that away at the end and it's one of it's failings for me as well. What I meant by relationship between the chars I was talking about Kuroi and Takanashi. My fault for not making that clear
Old 2012-02-03, 16:22   Link #384
xizro345
King's Justice

Ok, now that I've seen it decently, here's my take on it:

The real world scenes not only look disconnected, by they're animated much worse than the BRS world scenes. The main issue is that the base story is flawed: it didn't work at all in the original. I see that they're trying to actually create a story out of that original mess, but I'm very skeptical of the results. Being only 8 episodes also means they can't afford wasting time for nothing. It does look that certain characters (DM, mainly) don't have the idiotic reason to appear they had in the OAV, and that's a (very minor) plus.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 16:43   Link #385
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

The first episode is good. The Otherworld scenes were interesting yet creepy, especially Chariot.

But, you know what I'm hoping for this TV show? Black Rock Shooter THE GAME has something compared to the OVA/TV anime: BRS has a freakin' dialogue and she has a damn backstory (she is a teenage, android, super-soldier with a real name: 'Stella').

Only we can hope, though. They're still 7 episodes left so maybe we can get Otherworlders talk, especially BRS.
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 17:15   Link #386
Dark Wing

I want to really really like this however the changes when compared to the OVA may be small but they are very noticeable. Mind you show isn't bad however it's just at the moment coming off as okay at best but what else can you expect from an 8 episode series?...

First off the CG was nearly as bad as I had feared it actually flowed pretty well. I openly say I'm not a big fan of the change in character design or the way the 2D animation is looking but I guess it can't be helped since the original designer left.

What this show is doing really well is setting up the characters stories and future conflicts. I also have a theory as to why Yomi is submissive and fearful towards Kagari. I'm guessing Yomi was somehow at fault for Kagari getting hurt, and she uses the wheelchair to guilt trip Yomi into staying with her forever.
Old 2012-02-03, 18:30   Link #387
Shinn_Kabuto
Ore wa Kyasshan!

Spoiler for The Fire Rises:
Shinn_Kabuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 18:34   Link #388
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
Spoiler for Nyantype:
Old 2012-02-03, 18:38   Link #389
Ray
Garnet

Episode 1 sure was interesting. I dislike slice of life anime, but this was pretty enjoyable. I loved the fluidic action scenes and the colour symbolism.

I'm curious as to how Mato and Yomi's relationship will develop from here on in. I’m totes rooting for them.

Kagari is a bitch of colossal proportions. I was surprised to see her Otherworld counterpart was able to wallop BRS all around the place. Ah well, she almost got Chariot back in the end; hopefully we'll see BRS get a few direct hits on her in the next episode.

The animation, while good in the Otherworld scenes, was pretty bad in the real world scenes. I prefer the character designs of the Otherworld characters, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype:
Mhmmm. Smexy. Thanks Raven.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 20:49   Link #390
Akarin

. .
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 20:58   Link #391
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
. .
They're so much much much cuter in the OAV.
It wasn't bad, after all.
But the art is... erf, kinda low.
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:38   Link #392
Elestia

They are suffering from wide-face syndrome. I want my OVA charadesigns back.
Old 2012-02-03, 21:52   Link #393
Miraluka
Banned

The otherwold is very interesting but its less than 9% of the episode, thus is very, very hard to see the superficiality of the real world, seriously, the MC is very retarded the design doesn't helps either. So for the first episode: 5/10.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 21:58   Link #394
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Not to bad but jumping between worlds did put of the story a bit
Old 2012-02-03, 22:22   Link #395
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Good start. I liked it better than the OVA, which was really just an extended commercial for the figures. Nice voice work all-round, as you would expect from Hanazawa Kana, Sawashiro Miyuki, Asumi Kana, Noto Mamiko, et al.

I didn't notice Yamakan's name in the credits, although Ordet is his company. Has he really abandoned anime? Not likely, it seems to me.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 00:35   Link #396
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
So what's the Nico Nico webpage everyone else is using to watch this episode?
Old 2012-02-04, 00:53   Link #397
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
So what's the Nico Nico webpage everyone else is using to watch this episode?
It's this one: http://ch.nicovideo.jp/channel/blackrockshooter

Same link for all countries involved I think
Old 2012-02-04, 00:59   Link #398
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Awesome, thanks!
Old 2012-02-04, 01:05   Link #399
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost My Music View Post
. .
OVA has higher quality, TV looks cuter for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
Spoiler for Nyantype:
nice, but where are her scars?
Old 2012-02-04, 01:13   Link #400
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

The big issue I had with the OVA crops up here. I had assumed that the disconnected parallelisms between this world and the other world was the intentional storytelling device of choice, but it often felt like the disconnection was too broad to make sense of how both worlds are intertwined with each other. The separation felt too distant to link both worlds, and sometimes I was feeling as if I was watching two different shows, only linked together at the end.

This episode shares that same problem for me. As some have also mentioned, the impact of that first day friendship between our leads felt lessened, hence the supposed reversal of this relationship of their otherworld counterparts suffered the same issue. I don't see any coherence in the separation, if that makes any sense, because the concept of disconnection here is supposed to reflect the differences between people in this world and their counterparts in the other word. It just feels... lost. Again like the OVA I'm left with the feeling that there is supposed to be some greater thread tying everyone up, but he thread is so thin sometimes it feels like it's not even there. Perhaps it's only because it's the first episode, and I'm more than willing to see where it goes, but the studio and the writer for me are really pushing the concept of "connected disconnection" too far for the story to make sense. It's style sacrificing substance.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, slice of life