AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-05, 22:41   Link #81
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I have no patience for these kind of things especially when my inclination is clearly on Li Ren and so I had to find my way to the manga. I can't wait until it gets there.
hehehe i did the same thing...now i watch the show whenever i have time without pressure.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-05-06 at 08:00. Reason: spelling
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-06, 07:54   Link #82
Rika-chama
Furude Shrine Miko
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifis View Post
I have no patience for these kind of things especially when my inclination is clearly on Li Ren and so I had to find my way to the manga. I can't wait until it gets there.
hehehe i did the same thing...now i watch the show whenever i have time without pressure.
Sigh, desu~
I know what's going on but I /still/ have pressure b/c I gotta sub the darned thing >_<
Oh well, at least I'm enjoying it ^_^

Nope. Not a thing.
Rika-chama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 14:22   Link #83
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Ep6 seemed a bit slow to me, and the animation continues to be barely adequate, but there was something to the episode, and Kajika's straight, clear gaze is always so powerful. I'm enjoying every episode of this show.

And by the way, maybe we let our preferences get set too early: Li Ren is not the only guy who might be an acceptable match for Kajika.

The character design for Kajika is just great, in my opinion. Kudos to the original mangaka, Itsuki Natsumi, who did this manga in 1987 and also did Ju Oh Sei); and to the anime character designer, Kusumoto Yuuko, who did Emma and Midori no Hibi, among other shows. The original manga has a very 1980s look, so I think the anime character designer deserves a lot of credit for updating it while retaining Kajika's original feeling. I can't find the manga in English, but I have seen a Chinese scanlation around, translated as 天国少女 ("Heaven Girl" -- to me that title gives the pun that she is from a higher realm, and also that she is in heaven surrounded by bishies).
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-10 at 14:34.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-10, 15:25   Link #84
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I can't find the manga in English, but I have seen a Chinese scanlation around, translated as 天国少女 ("Heaven Girl" -- to me that title gives the pun that she is from a higher realm, and also that she is in heaven surrounded by bishies).
only the first volume was scanlated and it is not licensed. I read the whole thing because fortunately the kanji i don't know has furigana to help you.
Old 2009-05-11, 22:22   Link #85
carmolita

I love li ren's character he is totally hot *fangirl moment*... I hated that episode 6 ended on a cliff hanger, but love the big affection scene from the previews.. Does anyone know if the person hugging her in the previews is li ren or the prince? I hope they make this anime into a drama, because I think it would be very captivating as such
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 11:15   Link #86
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
And by the way, maybe we let our preferences get set too early: Li Ren is not the only guy who might be an acceptable match for Kajika.
You're talking to the guy, who for example abandoned his HayateXHinagiku ship the moment he learned of A-tan lol.

So yeah, my preferences are set in stone for the most part... there is no rhyme nor reason of swaying me from KajikaXLi Ren. So much so that I actually asked Golthin for the ending couples since I was dying to know if Li Ren and Kajika hits it off. (For the record, I had second thoughts and decided against opening the reply PM, since it would ruin the entire series, and so now sits in my inbox probably till the end of the series lol)

That said, prince boy isn't so bad at all. I won't go up in arms if he and Kajika hit it off... he's a much better match than the human Mustafa, that's for sure. I just infinitely prefer Li Ren.

As for this episode... man, nothing happened. They got chased by assassins and holed up with some gang, and thats it lol.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 11:26   Link #87
wmmarioblogs

This is my first reverse harem anime I watched. And I'd prefer not to watch them, but since the story piqued me, I'll stick with it for a bit.
wmmarioblogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 12:21   Link #88
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
As for this episode... man, nothing happened. They got chased by assassins and holed up with some gang, and thats it lol
Hahaha, so true.

I like the prince too. In reality (I know, I know ) Kaj and the prince would probably succeed the most as a couple seeing as how their relationship starts out as one of solid friendship.
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 18:16   Link #89
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
Hahaha, so true.

I like the prince too. In reality (I know, I know ) Kaj and the prince would probably succeed the most as a couple seeing as how their relationship starts out as one of solid friendship.
Remember guys, one of the conditions of the "game" is that the guy also has to fall in love with Kajika. If the guy that Kajika selects doesn't fall in love with her , it is pointless.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-05-12 at 19:15.
Old 2009-05-12, 18:18   Link #90
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Isn't it pretty much a given that all the guys will fall in love with her? That's pretty much the point of a reverse harem show, no?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 18:35   Link #91
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

Li Ren is badass. He totally outshines the others (well 2 so far but I doubt the 3rd one will make any change in my opinion. He's the obvious pick just because the other candidates aren't up to par and very unlikely.) He plays the somewhat older, mature, the guy who was always there, the guy who stands aside watching the girl with other guys and comes in the rescue when need be. Well he's not the man in every woman's dream like Masumi from Glass Mask but he has potential.
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-12, 21:31   Link #92
rio

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmolita View Post
I love li ren's character he is totally hot *fangirl moment*... I hated that episode 6 ended on a cliff hanger, but love the big affection scene from the previews.. Does anyone know if the person hugging her in the previews is li ren or the prince? I hope they make this anime into a drama, because I think it would be very captivating as such
mmm i am not sure what scene you mention, it is ok that next ep(7)'s preview?
That's Li-Ren .
Old 2009-05-13, 02:53   Link #93
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Definitely Li Ren, since the guy's wearing white Chinese clothes. Not to mention this isn't the first time Li Ren has bear hugged Kajika lol. XD

And yes... indeed a SQUEAL moment for me. Can't wait for it next episode.
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 03:00   Link #94
nike

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
it's so sad.. i watch the opening and she ends up with the prince.. i think..not li-ren....
nike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 06:27   Link #95
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike View Post
it's so sad.. i watch the opening and she ends up with the prince.. i think..not li-ren....
Hmmm......are you sure? PM me if you want to know where to read the RAW. There are 12 volumes in total, and this June we will have a one-shot sequel to know what happen to the remaining characters.
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 11:50   Link #96
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nike View Post
All I am going to say is that the opening has a hint to for whom she ends with, it is very subtle and you have to be very observant. After I read the manga, I actually got it right, but you have to have very good eyes.
Old 2009-05-17, 14:21   Link #97
RahX

With all of this pairing discussion, at first I thought that Li-Ren was the obvious choice for Kajika, but after watching the last couple of episodes I have started to get inclined in favor of the prince.
Not only does their ages match(Kajika/prince), but their chemistry is the best I have seen so far. Perhaps Li-Ren is going to get his share of character development but right now I get more enjoyment of watching the prince and Kajika together.

golthin if you don't mind could you PM me the final pairings of the manga...
RahX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 16:20   Link #98
Grifis
Eternal Dreamer

I like Li Ren and if the ending doesn't make me happy I wouldn't continue watching it. Don't expect any surprise. It's not meant to be surprising. (Maybe I'm the only one not too fond of the prince.)
Grifis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-17, 18:34   Link #99
carmolita

I love Li Rin too!!!! and today's episode was so sensual~ love the scene between kajika and li rin today must rewatch...
carmolita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 15:22   Link #100
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I like the prince, even though I do like Li Ren a bit more. There's more to him, at this point in his life. However, what all this does is release me from too much concentration on the pairings so I can just enjoy the ride. And Kajika. Endou Aya's voice and acting just get better and better, for me.

I enjoyed ep7 a lot, despite the wooden animation and the slow timing in the fight. The prince's understandable angst was lovely. So was Li Ren's relief and joy.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2009-05-18 at 15:49.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, shoujo