AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-07, 21:20   Link #41
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Has anyone here noticed Chikichakigirl's latest crazy? I think she's gone and labeled me as the person who's left ALL of the bad reviews she's ever received. Just wanted to say right here, since I know that you still check this board Chiki, it wasn't me. :P I don't care if you try n' smear me or not, just lettin' ya know.

I also wanted to ask - Does anyone know how Yutaka refers to Kagami? First name or last name? I'm including some interaction in a chapter, and I can't recall.
I heard she's blocking anonymous reviews again. But oh well, that's the price of being an artist. (A writer in this case, but you get the picture) Dealing with Critique.

Yutaka would probably call her Kagami-san. She seems to respect just about everyone. With the Hiiragi twins, it's kind of confusing since it's a family names first.
Old 2008-12-08, 15:04   Link #42
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami~n View Post
Has anyone here noticed Chikichakigirl's latest crazy? I think she's gone and labeled me as the person who's left ALL of the bad reviews she's ever received. Just wanted to say right here, since I know that you still check this board Chiki, it wasn't me. :P I don't care if you try n' smear me or not, just lettin' ya know.
"To avoid criticism do nothing, say nothing, be nothing." --Elbert Hubbard, US author (1856 - 1915)

Let's quit talking about her openly, so she can be nothing, even if she doesn't realize it. 'kay?
Old 2008-12-10, 22:27   Link #43
User89254
Disabled By Request

Uh...

Are any of the people who talked about Akai-Kurenai aware that she is female? Yeah. You keep saying "he".
Old 2008-12-12, 03:06   Link #44
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsterSelene View Post
Are any of the people who talked about Akai-Kurenai aware that she is female? Yeah. You keep saying "he".
Really? I didn't know. :X But after looking at the account, I see that now...it says you are collaborating with her, do you mind sharing anything?

Oh yeah guys, I have to really give a tip to any of you who plan on writing long stories. Even if you want to make a long story, you can't make your chapter incredibly long. I'm seeing chapters over 10,000 words. That's just plain insanity. Size intimidates people, so you don't ever want to do something like that. I think even if you write really well and you space things out, you don't want to go over 8,000 words per chapter.
Old 2008-12-12, 11:36   Link #45
game2007

Made by friend, not me.

Spoiler for length:

Last edited by game2007; 2008-12-12 at 23:04.
Old 2008-12-12, 11:53   Link #46
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Whoa, can you put a spoiler tag on that? (It's usually done for the size)
Old 2008-12-12, 11:57   Link #47
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
Really? I didn't know. :X But after looking at the account, I see that now...it says you are collaborating with her, do you mind sharing anything?

Oh yeah guys, I have to really give a tip to any of you who plan on writing long stories. Even if you want to make a long story, you can't make your chapter incredibly long. I'm seeing chapters over 10,000 words. That's just plain insanity. Size intimidates people, so you don't ever want to do something like that. I think even if you write really well and you space things out, you don't want to go over 8,000 words per chapter.
For the record, I've actually read long stories before. However, I do note that current-generation kids' eyes glaze when there are long paragraphs, so that's what people need to keep short.
Old 2008-12-12, 12:31   Link #48
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Yeah, it's the "textwall" that we want to avoid. Even I feel a little inclined to hit the back button when I encounter one of these in fanfiction. It shows a lack of knowing how to space, and indicates that we're in for a big run-on.

Also it makes those damn kids go "I dun wanna READ all this!"

I do read long stories. I try not to let the wordcount intimidate me... but if the story is really sub-par and has somewhere around 10,000 per chapter, then I probably don't wanna waste my time.
Old 2008-12-12, 12:50   Link #49
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

I think that's what I meant. I have read and enjoyed really long stories before too, but lately there's been an issue or two with things. I've seen a few text walls where a bunch of dialogue is placed into ONE paragraph, or a story that has one chapter with 2k words, and the next chapter is seven times bigger.
Old 2008-12-12, 15:37   Link #50
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
I think that's what I meant. I have read and enjoyed really long stories before too, but lately there's been an issue or two with things. I've seen a few text walls where a bunch of dialogue is placed into ONE paragraph, or a story that has one chapter with 2k words, and the next chapter is seven times bigger.
I'm sure most people know how to size their chapters. If I see something like 10+ chapters from the get-go, though, I usually don't take the time to read it unless I was actively looking for something like it. This also applied to manga.
Old 2008-12-13, 00:46   Link #51
User89254
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Hmm...trying to weasel me? Nice.

Like Akai, I refuse to give any plot details. All I will say is that it involves annoying advertisers, some more cereal, and a pencil.
Old 2008-12-28, 04:27   Link #52
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

To anyone who is interested at all, I just finished with my two-part Christmas Special. I posted it in my fic, Vigorious Intent. So for any of you who still have a bit of the holidays still in you, take a peak.

Click here for Inspiration!
Old 2009-01-13, 15:27   Link #53
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Uh... just peeking in. I posted a dorky lil' one-shot, if anyone wants to see.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4789241/...ht_That_Counts

I've been bored lately, what can I say.
Old 2009-01-30, 02:59   Link #54
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

In a bit an random/interesting news, I and a few other people have made a collective guide to what you want to do if you are considering writing stories in Lucky Star. You are free to submit any information you believe is important. (And it contains a secondary guide for people who want to make original characters)

http://www.fanfiction.net/topic/41488/11948327/1/

And with stories, someone is doing a really nice Tsukasa/Misao story. (I never would of thought of it.) It's odd how these irregular pairings are working so well.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4799448/...ays_Five_Steps
Old 2009-01-30, 09:36   Link #55
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

I second his recommendation, that Tsukasa/Misao thing is awesome. And one can only pray that writers will even take a glance at the advice on that thread.

I'll pimp myself at a later date.
Old 2009-04-15, 01:53   Link #56
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

I'll bite. Don't know if any of you have any tolerance for, umm, deathfics, but that's what this cat dragged in.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4935135/1/Fun_is_Fun_and_Done_is_Done

I did try rather hard on this one, namely in attempting to balance the grief and light comedy. Some yuri pairing at the end, but nothing too heavy, since it felt like it would be a bit out-of-turn given the circumstances.

And I second Kagamin's praise for "Three Days Five Steps". If everyone favorited that story, there would be world peace (probably).
Old 2009-04-22, 21:33   Link #57
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
... Damn, I'm late to the party.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good fics featuring Hiyori as a main character. I can't really find any on Fanfiction.net
Old 2009-04-23, 00:12   Link #58
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane Rieko View Post
... Damn, I'm late to the party.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good fics featuring Hiyori as a main character. I can't really find any on Fanfiction.net
Default Highschool Girl is the one good Hiyori fic even though it isn't complete. But it's absolutely fantastic, like, Top 5 from all stories I've read.
Old 2009-04-23, 15:17   Link #59
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Quote:
Default Highschool Girl is the one good Hiyori fic even though it isn't complete. But it's absolutely fantastic, like, Top 5 from all stories I've read.
Seconded. Complete or not, go read it now.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4429212/...ighschool_Girl
Old 2009-04-28, 23:17   Link #60
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I'll place mine once I have the Lucky Star part made (in my fanfiction).

Tags
fanfiction