AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-04-27, 08:26   Link #21
tenkenX6
Undead Fansub TL/TLC
*Fansubber

I'll give it a shot when it starts up. I never mind watching a re'nai game anime adaptation, as long as it turns out good. Plus, the original game/story is by the same creators of Kimikiss, which I enjoyed both the game and anime.
tenkenX6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 11:02   Link #22
Midonin
Last Engage

Best to get this out of the way before the series begins. According to the most recently released info, ED theme 4 releases in mid-October. Keep in mind October is also a seasonal transition point, so each of the six heroines will get ~4 episodes, and the show will be going for two cours.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 11:56   Link #23
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Amagami was a spin-off of Kimikiss ?
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 11:59   Link #24
Midonin
Last Engage

Closer to a spiritual sequel.
Old 2010-06-05, 14:23   Link #25
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Best to get this out of the way before the series begins. According to the most recently released info, ED theme 4 releases in mid-October. Keep in mind October is also a seasonal transition point, so each of the six heroines will get ~4 episodes, and the show will be going for two cours.
Good catch and good news. I'm glad that they're not trying to rush things into one cour, since I really can't imagine that doing the series justice. I wonder if this will also mean that they'll release the series on 6 or 12 BDs/DVDs so that the characters are isolated to their own discs and there's the potential that people could just buy the discs for their favourite characters and sort of ignore the other routes if they want? I guess we could sort of think of the series like a whole bunch of short OVA series back-to-back?

Anyway, I think this should be interesting to watch, and has the potential to be one of the few times that the anime experience feels similar in structure to that of the original game.
Old 2010-06-05, 16:16   Link #26
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
I am glad that it's two cours but I didn't realize there were six heroines. Four episodes will be cutting it awfully tight here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Amagami was a spin-off of Kimikiss ?
It's just by the same company, so you will of course find similarities.
Old 2010-06-05, 16:20   Link #27
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Four episodes will be cutting it awfully tight here.
21 minutes x 4 episodes apiece = 84 minutes. About the length of a movie, and given that a well-written movie can create a couple and good romantic chemistry in about that amount of time, as long as the writing is good, no worries. It's not about how much time you have, it's about what you do with it.
Old 2010-06-05, 16:56   Link #28
wingman32x

Yay! I can't wait for the Amagami anime. I love the manga adaptations it has, so I'm really looking forward to the anime!
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-05, 18:04   Link #29
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
So I guess they won't animate that special route some people have been talking about... heard Risa(?) is the best one.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-06, 01:54   Link #30
NeoSam

I added info about the 5 male oriented manga adaptations of this game in the first post of this thread:

Two seinen manga adaptations that are running in seinen manga magazines (Young Animal and Dengeki Maoh), and two shounen/seinen manga adaptations that are serialized online in the male oriented web comic magazine Famitsu Comic Clear, and a shounen/seinen manga anthology adaptation that's published under the male oriented bishoujo comic imprint Magi-Cu Comics.
Old 2010-06-06, 03:41   Link #31
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
21 minutes x 4 episodes apiece = 84 minutes. About the length of a movie, and given that a well-written movie can create a couple and good romantic chemistry in about that amount of time, as long as the writing is good, no worries. It's not about how much time you have, it's about what you do with it.
Yeah i'd say 4 episodes are enough for each girl, though i won't be surprised if there's at least some rushed element here and there. Still it's a lot more then what i was expecting, so good news.
Old 2010-06-06, 08:50   Link #32
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah i'd say 4 episodes are enough for each girl, though i won't be surprised if there's at least some rushed element here and there. Still it's a lot more then what i was expecting, so good news.
Yeah, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 2010-06-06, 10:38   Link #33
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Exactly... and it seems a lot of people were quite happy with the Tomoyo OVA for Clannad.. (83.5% of posters scored it 9 or higher) you could've easily compiled all the needed scenes for her and than added the ova to finish it off in 84 minutes... heck Clannad movies does that for Nagisa and includes After...

The Kimikiss Heroines manga only went for one volume each.. and where enjoyable enough.. you can easily put more content in 4 anime episodes compared to 6 or so manga chapters.

Edit - You would think the inevitable Love Plus anime will do something similar.

Last edited by Westlo; 2010-06-07 at 02:46.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 17:24   Link #34
Mentar
Banned

Looks like we finally have the order of the girls: Each of them has her own ED.

1) Shizuka Itou as Haruka Morishima

2) Rina Satou as Kaoru Tanamachi

3) Hiromi Konno as Sae Nakata

4) Yukana as Ai Nanasaki

5) Ryoko Shintani as Rihoko Sakurai

6) Kaori Nazuka as Tsukasa Ayatsuji

The girls I'm most curious about at 1, 2 and 6. So, letsee
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-20, 17:28   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow and here i was thinking they'd go with Tsukasa first, though going last makes just as much sense.
Old 2010-06-20, 19:54   Link #36
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

yea I kinda thought they would have gone with Tsukasa first as well but then I think thats just cause of Precious Dairy
doesn't really matter how the order goes to me, just looking forward to how things go down.
I'm same as Mentar, looking forward to 1, 2 and 6
Old 2010-06-21, 03:44   Link #37
Eak
One angry cloud.

Never played the game but enjoyed the Kimikiss anime and based on the images/previews, it looks beautiful! Will definitely check it out
Eak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 05:43   Link #38
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I have no idea what the game is about but I read kimikiss so I'll go ahead and claim Sae Nakata (゚ω゚)
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-21, 11:15   Link #39
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Looks like a good cast to me. This should be an interesting series. Even if it does end up sucking, it'll be good to see how they handle each arc and all.
Old 2010-06-21, 14:32   Link #40
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh, my two favorite girls (based mostly on appearance for now) will get their arcs first. I can't wait to learn more about them.

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen