AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-06-27, 10:19   Link #5121
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
Most likely the family at large has no clue about his abilities since would have made a near statigic 'mage' since he developed them and would ruin any chance at a normal life. The way I see it the experiment was to both hide his ability and give him a place in the family, but it failed. This also explains in part why Maya is so keen to keep all of his achivements under wraps even more so if there are factions in the family that are grasping for power as implied when Tatsuya thought that getting rid of Mata would only lead to someone more manipulative to take her place
It has been confirmed that few in the Yotsuba know about his true abilities. Maya knows. Don't know about Hazama.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:21   Link #5122
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windknight111 View Post
LustyLadyProject got commissioned to translate Deep Snow.

We got a good soul here people.
That's what i told Seitsuki few pages before.

You ask long enough, somebody will do it for you.

(With you = me)
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-06-27, 10:24   Link #5123
Seitsuki
Onee!

Hmph. You perverts.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:41   Link #5124
bietchie11
OneTrueTatsuya's apostles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Hmph. You perverts.
All we talk is about the translation of "Deep Snow" aka. "Miyuki"
How can you conclude that is perversion? Unless you already see that for yourself.....
Politics: Capitalism

-Silentwolfie-
Old 2013-06-27, 10:46   Link #5125
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Probably because the Current Head of the Clan is more like a machine then anything... (Maya basically having every memory as knowledge, unable to feel from it)
only the memories until the she was 12 years old ware transformed into knowledge, everything after that is a normal memory, unlike Tatsuya her emotions were not erased.
Old 2013-06-27, 10:56   Link #5126
Meltyred

Well her past relations with her family, friends and lovers to that point were basically removed, so I think that would have quite a impact on her personality, as well as mindset.
Old 2013-06-27, 11:15   Link #5127
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Well her past relations with her family, friends and lovers to that point were basically removed, so I think that would have quite a impact on her personality, as well as mindset.
But not to the point of being like a machine, even Tatsuya without his strong emotions is not so cold toward others. Maya still has the capability of love someone or hate...
Old 2013-06-27, 12:57   Link #5128
Quol
That Guy

What exactly is Lina's strategic magic?
Old 2013-06-27, 14:18   Link #5129
rickiminato

and tatsuya vs lina
Who wins?
Old 2013-06-27, 14:23   Link #5130
iheartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quol View Post
What exactly is Lina's strategic magic?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lina's strategic magic is Heavy Metal Burst. It somehow ionizes particles of heavy metals, turning them into plasma. We've only been able to catch a small glimpse of this in the novel; the Heavy Metal Burst Lina used in the novel compared to her potential destruction capability is like the difference between Tatsuya annihilating a couple of picograms of matter vs a gram I believe (seeing as she can destroy entire towns with her ability).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
and tatsuya vs lina
Who wins?
Whichever one attacks first really. Its like asking who would win if two countries engaged in nuclear warfare. Both of the countries have the ability to wipe the other off the map. It just depends on the other factors like how much effort is put into the attack, who preemptively attacks, etc.

However, Tatsuya may have a slight advantage because Lina is unaware of Tatsuya's regeneration ability and may not attack to fully destroy Tatsuya's body. Also, Tatsuya's attack range is bigger and his detection abilities are better.
Old 2013-06-27, 15:11   Link #5131
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
That's what i told Seitsuki few pages before.

You ask long enough, somebody will do it for you.

(With you = me)
Second chapter seems to be scheduled for next week.
Old 2013-06-27, 16:58   Link #5132
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxide View Post
Well to be honest you can't really say that definitely
Uh, yes I can. There have been zero mentions of Miyuki in the LNs being able to pull off those feats, and multiple mentions what Tatsuya can do is unique to him. Do you have anything from the LNs to show Miyuki can pull off Flash Cast, for example?
Old 2013-06-27, 17:10   Link #5133
bludvein

For Tatsuya vs, Lina you need to set conditions. Distance, knowledge, etc.

If they both know each other's cards Tatsuya would win hands down. Lina's [Parade] is what gave Tatsuya fits in their first confrontation, but he figured out how to get around it afterwards.

Really though, if they aimed to kill whoever got the drop on the other would win. Both their attacks are powerful enough that an attack could annihilate any resistance faster than they could react.
Old 2013-06-27, 17:16   Link #5134
Quol
That Guy

I think that if Lina and Miyuki fought 1 on 1 Lina would win. It has been stated in the LN that Lina is slightly faster then Miyuki. The Cocytus and Heavy Metal Burst magic are basically a 1HKO. Since Lina would be able to use her magic before Miyuki she would win. (This is of course if we ignore the fact that Tatsuya would stop everything to save Miyuki )

In the end we shouldnt even be comparing Strategic class magic with Regular magic no matter how good it is.
Old 2013-06-27, 17:20   Link #5135
waffler

^^ i thought it said even though that lina is faster miyuki has a wider range and stronger magic or something lilke that
Old 2013-06-27, 17:44   Link #5136
Windknight111
Guardian Of The Wind

Miyuki's interference prowess is stronger.
Old 2013-06-27, 18:13   Link #5137
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
It has been confirmed that few in the Yotsuba know about his true abilities. Maya knows. Don't know about Hazama.
Quote:
Hayama had formerly served the previous Yotsuba Head and was now continuing his service under Maya. While he only appeared slightly past middle age, he was actually over 70 years old.

There were many things in this house he was able to say that others would shrink back in fear from.

"Is it really alright to leave Tatsuya-dono like that?"

Also, unlike the others, he did not see Tatsuya as a ‘fake’. His own magic ability wasn’t of a particularly high level, but having seen countless magicians over the years his venerable experience rated Tatsuya highly.
most likely hayama only know about his MD.

i bet Aoki don't know anything about tats magic. Tat's MD is superior to Maya's Night and nobody know about this.
Old 2013-06-27, 18:29   Link #5138
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
most likely hayama only know about his MD.

i bet Aoki don't know anything about tats magic. Tat's MD is superior to Maya's Night and nobody know about this.
That doesn't really prove anything. If he knew Tatsuya's abilities, then he wouldn't need to refer to his experiences to rate Tatsuya.
Old 2013-06-27, 18:31   Link #5139
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
If this has been confirmed then the Yotsuba aren't quite snubbing him. Without revealing his true abilities Tatsuya does not meet the qualifications required for the responsibility for a member of one of the master clans. Take away flash cast and everything to do with his birth ability (elemental sight, Restore, and Decompose) he is a below average mage that can barley pass his practicals. This is not someone that is fit to do the assigned duties of the Yotsuba, who based on the Miyuki spin off seem to be the group that handles rouge mages. It's likely those not in the know feel his role as a guardian is due to favoritism rather then capability (boy would they be wrong)

Re: but having seen countless magicians over the years his venerable experience rated Tatsuya highly.

This doesn't say if he knows any thing about them or not but he clearly places Tatsuya as a very competent mage compared to those he has seen, IE the Yotsuba old guard. So he may full well know of his ablities.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2013-06-27, 18:48   Link #5140
rickiminato

this is a question for those who know of the tragedy of the yotsuba

if they had not kidnapped Maya and tje Yotsuba not entered into conflict, the fate of the shiba siblings would have been worse or better

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings