AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-07-10, 02:17   Link #1721
Escapaide

Happy Birthday Shirley! I'm proud that I didn't forget. But... that just means that I told all my friends who know about Code Geass and they thought I was an obsessed freak... Guilty. ^^;
Escapaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-12, 19:32   Link #1722
Master Knight DH

Happy belated birthday, Shirley. I see you share the same birthday as me too.

(Yeah, Shirley has the same birthday as me.)
Master Knight DH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 18:37   Link #1723
Escapaide

Wow that's pretty cool! Happy belated birthday to you then.
Escapaide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-16, 13:25   Link #1724
SpartenOmega117

Shirly was probably the prettiest anime charachter. I hated the way she died
SpartenOmega117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-17, 05:20   Link #1725
invokion
Accelerate

I raged so hard when rolo killed her.
I'll kill him if he ever gets resurrected again.

.__.

Ohh just mentioning about when she died and he used his "Geass" to 'not die'. I think worked cos
1. we went into the brains neurosystem as soon as he used it and it shifted then flashed (as it always does when he uses his geass)
2. her eyes went red

But this is under the assumption the Geass is not able to make everything possible, rather, what a human's capable of at the present time. I.e. If he casted his geass on someone to "fly" , it wouldn't work, simply because human's can't fly - similar to the death note's system how Light tested it out.
invokion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 05:47   Link #1726
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Shirley was really a great anime character. Too bad 75% of the Code Geass viewers hated / disliked Shirley until she
Spoiler for Scene:

Lots of people say she was the main motivator for Zero Requiem, I tend to disagree. Lelouch sacrificed himself for the sake of a better world; thus for everybody. I'm not saying Shirley wasn't a motivation, but was for sure not the only one.

I think he did it most for Nunally, being the one he loves most.

Offtopic

As for wheter or not Lelouch loved her.

I can't say he loved her as much as he had feelings towards her. (He had some to Kallen as well, for C.C I'd have to re watch it)

Shirley ended up being the only girl making him blush, so it doesn't take a genius to put two and two together, he definitely liked her, love would be pulling it.

Also, her death wasn't meaningless - made Lelouch QQ to next Thursday, in fact, it might of been the tie breaker for him doing -Zero Requiem- However, wouldn't of made him do it alone.

But for sure, he cared about Shirley, and obviously Shirley cared for him, I personally think the reason he liked Shirley is because she loved him for 'Lelouch'.

Either way, their in heaven having their uhh 'Business'. Euphie is there too so Lelouch's Harem isn't completely dead :P

Yours truly,

Hsadman
Hsadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-27, 18:36   Link #1727
azul120

The final nail in the coffin was the Black Knights betrayal. Sure, the death of Shirley was one of the leading factors, but it could have been very likely averted if not for Ohgi's bumbling and Villetta's meddling in.

Lelouch didn't simply enact Zero Requiem for the sake of the world, but largely because he lost all hope following said betrayal and everything that happened before it, and was looking for an outlet for his death wish. If not for that, he would have taken a far less bloody and self-sacrificial path towards peace.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-28, 02:50   Link #1728
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
The final nail in the coffin was the Black Knights betrayal. Sure, the death of Shirley was one of the leading factors, but it could have been very likely averted if not for Ohgi's bumbling and Villetta's meddling in.

Lelouch didn't simply enact Zero Requiem for the sake of the world, but largely because he lost all hope following said betrayal and everything that happened before it, and was looking for an outlet for his death wish. If not for that, he would have taken a far less bloody and self-sacrificial path towards peace.
Hmm, I agree with you on the first part, the betrayal lead to Lelouch's 'Demon Path'

As for the second part, I'm a little shaky because to me he didn't let anyone get too close to him, and then he slipped up a little for Shirley and...look where that got him.
He might of just wanted peace, or really to end this miserable life of his. I'm gonna stray from the latter, I think he was highly driven by his goal (But his 'death wish' was of course, a huge factor)

Ciao

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-07-28, 12:32   Link #1729
azul120

Here's the thing though that I must reiterate: he could have taken another more effective path towards peace that would have resulted in less blood, including that of his own. He was just so consumed by despair at that point.
Old 2010-08-01, 03:16   Link #1730
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Here's the thing though that I must reiterate: he could have taken another more effective path towards peace that would have resulted in less blood, including that of his own. He was just so consumed by despair at that point.
Actually, after thinking about it now,

You're right

I just can't see Zero Requiem happening without Shirley's death. It seemed his end goal wasn't really to fix the world, more then to make it possible for it to be fixed.

Thanks for your statement

- Lashloseus

Last edited by Hsadman; 2010-09-18 at 09:30.
Old 2010-08-25, 06:35   Link #1731
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by invokion View Post

.__.

Ohh just mentioning about when she died and he used his "Geass" to 'not die'. I think worked cos
1. we went into the brains neurosystem as soon as he used it and it shifted then flashed (as it always does when he uses his geass)
2. her eyes went red

But this is under the assumption the Geass is not able to make everything possible, rather, what a human's capable of at the present time. I.e. If he casted his geass on someone to "fly" , it wouldn't work, simply because human's can't fly - similar to the death note's system how Light tested it out.
Quite,

Like for how Suzaku's 'Live' command. It makes him basically go all out to the best of his capability. But doesn't exactly make him into a super-human. All Lelouch's Geass can really do is cause someone to submit, but cannot make them bypass reality.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-09-06, 15:30   Link #1732
Staywithmeunlikely

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
But for sure, he cared about Shirley, and obviously Shirley cared for him, I personally think the reason he liked Shirley is because she loved him for 'Lelouch'.
That's very very true. I think C.C. liked him for his power. And Kallen liked him for Zero.
Staywithmeunlikely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 17:39   Link #1733
legonut3
I BELIEVE IN HERVEY DENT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invokion View Post

.__.

2. her eyes went red

yes, i thought of deathnote too. Lelouch can't make anyone immortal, and trouble arises with something extremely morally wrong. For example, Euphemia and Nunally. But since people do not have conscience when under the influence of Geass, how does Shirley continue talking when her eyes are red? the same for Suzaku. He doesn't know he was under geass until later, and then he uses it to his advantage. So how can he still be conscious when he uses the curse like a weapon?

Wow, thats a keyboard-full.

Do you stain you hands with evil to destroy evil, or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to the evil? - Code Geass
legonut3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 22:21   Link #1734
azul120

The command Shirley received to not die simply affected her on a subconscious level, and did not override her desire to continue expressing herself to Lelouch. Come to think of it, it doesn't make much sense, given that for her to follow the order to "not die", she would have to stop speaking in order to save her energy.
Old 2010-09-13, 23:18   Link #1735
Aquaman OS

I'm guessing that the if the Geass isn't overriding a person, meaning the Geass command was something they want to do anyway, then they won't black out.

In Suzaku's case, he's willing to survive and thus his own will and the Geass are working in tandem. But earlier when he was ready to accept death the Geass overrided his own will and he blacked out like usual.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 08:04   Link #1736
mr. sebastian

oh i love shirley ....... i love everything about her and i really want to asked lelouch why he killed shirley that was kinda sad T^T .... but it was so sad when she died because of that rolu
mr. sebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 16:43   Link #1737
azul120

Say what? It was Rolo who killed her.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:13   Link #1738
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Say what? It was Rolo who killed her.
I think he meant that Lelouch's actions caused her death. Not that Lelouch physically killed her.

- Lashloseus
Old 2010-09-17, 23:29   Link #1739
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsadman View Post
I think he meant that Lelouch's actions caused her death. Not that Lelouch physically killed her.
Yeah, with the way that Lelouch was still in their, and that Shirley just wanted to see Lelouch made her go back in the building to look for him. Encountering Rolo, and the results leading to it.
Old 2010-09-17, 23:49   Link #1740
Hsadman
Lashloseus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Yeah, with the way that Lelouch was still in their, and that Shirley just wanted to see Lelouch made her go back in the building to look for him. Encountering Rolo, and the results leading to it.
The results of what happens when you meet a psychopath and speak sensibly to them.

- Lashloseus