AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-02, 03:19   Link #81
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by revan5 View Post
Really? You want to try using battery acid on someone who wears protective armor and wields Force Lightning? Might I suggest a different course of action than attempting to attack me with electrically-conductive battery acid? If not you'll wind up a lot like this: http://www.stardestroyer.net/ROTS/Windu-2.jpg
and this: http://media.photobucket.com/image/d...Darth_Sion.jpg

Must I bring up Chapter 78 page 29 with regards to Galatea? I think I do, so let's listen in to Galatea: "You cut my hair!" (indignant) "I thought you said the accuracy went up!" (Galatea complaining about a little hair being cut instead of thanking Claire for just saving her life )

Or how about Chapter 46 page 23 (when Galatea releases her looks-distorting yoki): "Since it goes against my sense of asthetics, this is not something I'm too fond of doing."

Honestly Cyclone, this battery acid attack isn't going to work. Galatea's clearly got a vain side if she's willing to complain about cut hair rather than thank Claire for saving her life. Do we ever hear a word of thanks from Galatea to Claire for her efforts? So far as we know the answer is NO.

You know Cyclone, you are clearly falling into the age-old Sith tradition of Master vs. Apprentice fight despite your best efforts. In the meantime, this female alter ego of Darth Revan will be waiting for you in a dark virtual alley somewhere (). (ok, so cammi may be borrowing the avatar at the moment, but still, she looks good as a female Darth Revan!) http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs44/f/20...Moonshadow.jpg
I find it amazing that you don't or refuse to understand a joke with the hair cutting thing. As for the asthetics thing - you may think Rachel and Undine are lookers, but be aware many might consider you crazy or blind if you voice it too often.

And if battery acid doesn't work, I suppose I'll have to switch tactics. I guess I wont introduce you to
someone
Old 2009-12-02, 03:22   Link #82
Tale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Negativedark View Post
Oh dear god no, this is going to really start the damn Teresea vs Priscilla debate up again. Can we at least wait until a few days after the new chapter is out before it takes over the thread.
Considering the main plot of Claire's revenge for Teresa against Priscilla, I think it's somehow inevitable except that I'm interested in it as a story-arch. I'd be more interested in questions such as whether the innocent-looking Priscilla who spent time with Raki was the reminiscence of her humanity.
Old 2009-12-02, 04:38   Link #83
rigaldo

the whole plot is insane, how could priscilla kill alicia in one blow ? i mean, she's abyssal level isn't she ? priscilla sure match up to the twins but there is no challenge here, just a mere fight where priscilla remains unscathed, something's definitely going wrong around this.

excepting this point, the fight sure is impressive, I'm eager to know exactly what's said between the characters and I mostly expect riful to explain how alicia could be defeated so easily because I can't actually figure it out ..
I'm soo relieved about Cynthia, she's going to be all right after all (well i guess) so is Uma, I assume she's going to enhance here yoma powers and manage to save here friend ..
Any ideas about how claire is going to react ?
Old 2009-12-02, 05:14   Link #84
MichaelAngelo

Smile

The raw was definitely surprising...

Come to think of it. Alicia dominated Riful. Beth was at par in power with Alicia. Raciella gave extra power to Beth. They lose in seconds to Priscilla, who was in human and still depleted form.

There were missing pieces there. Priscilla becoming very intelligent and all that power. Maybe that's how Yagi would have really planned to add flavor to a spice.

By then, Clare's power is miniature to Priscilla, so I see a still long-mile of the Claymore manga running. Yagi needs time to reinvent Claire so she would be most likely be at par with Teresa. At the present, she is just too weak for Prissy.

I personally think the end of the manga is a battle between Clare and Priscilla, both in their maximum strength, power and hatred. I hate to see the other Ghosts helping Clare in that actual battle because it will not show the genius of creating a powerful Clare.

For now, it would be much better to see a weaker Clare gaining super-abyssal powers and so on...
Old 2009-12-02, 05:37   Link #85
zato_1one

Still haven't read read the spoiler. I just saw that chapter 98 was created.

Arggg, WTH is wrong with Megaupload. >_< Can't dl the raw.
Old 2009-12-02, 05:42   Link #86
Gooral
Banned

Thanks Weils for translation .

I'm a bit disappointed with this chapter. It was rather unconvincing to me. That's really strange that somehow Cynthia lost all of her limbs and practically was unharmed otherwise (she said that she lost some other organs too but we can't see that, her uniform is unscathed). What attack makes someone lose all your limbs and leave everything else intact? Also, I would think that it would be easier to cut someone's head off than cut all limbs...
The whole dialog between Cynthia and Yuma was a cliche. Maybe beautiful, maybe touching, but used by Yagi one time too much IMO.
Über powerful, half-asleep badass Priscilla annoyed me a bit. I was hoping to see again the same Priscilla that killed Teresa but she seemed much too powerful for my taste. There's too big of a gap between Priscilla and 2x AO (whether weakened or not is irrelevant because Priscilla was in her human form also). So if Priscilla is so much stronger than AO then how much stronger than AO was Teresa? How come some anomalies came to exist? How come MiB managed to make 2 super powerful beings in such a short amount of time and later only warriors at best 2 times weaker than them? It's shounen alright. Too many unconvincing plot conveniences. As much as I love Teresa it would seem strange to me that she would be 10 times stronger than AO. Too much of a gap. And it looks like Isley was really powerful, he almost defeated (almost makes a big difference but it fits in here) Priscilla that had just eaten and A&B coulnd't do a thing about her, not even make her to awaken. Meh.
Old 2009-12-02, 05:43   Link #87
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

If Cynthia lost most of her limbs and then regenerates thanks to Yuma ... does that mean she will be naked?

I certainly hope that Yagi doesnt decide to only have Yuma partially awaken but Cynthia as well :3
Old 2009-12-02, 05:56   Link #88
Sound of Azure
...Is that so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
If Cynthia lost most of her limbs and then regenerates thanks to Yuma ... does that mean she will be naked?

I certainly hope that Yagi doesnt decide to only have Yuma partially awaken but Cynthia as well :3
I'd feel kinda bad for Tabitha then.
Old 2009-12-02, 06:54   Link #89
zato_1one

Based on Weil translation. What surprise me the most is about Prissy's knowledge. She was aware of the twin and what the organization was doing. And I think that she was just cuddling around Raki all these time. She looked totally different even when she fought with Isley. At that time, she was still confused and drove by her instinct. But this time, she was so calm and very thoughtful. She looked too powerful. I'm not sure if she was stronger or not. Even Rigaldo could force her to use her awaken form. My best guess is this is what happened when she could effectively use her enormous Yoki and self aware.
Old 2009-12-02, 07:12   Link #90
mosmos
Awakend Of Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimber View Post
Priscilla - so... so... powerful. The Thing
yeah .. nobody messes with her..

Next chapter is about everyone escaping from her
Old 2009-12-02, 07:26   Link #91
Arturro

I agree with Gooral, Cynthia wounds looks unbeveliable. Her survivor guilt does look cliche. IMHO Yagi did it a little too fast, her development wasn't good enough to make her confesion realy convincing.

I also dislike a lack of chapters about Raki, Priscilla and Isley relation. Priscilla in this chapter is so diferent from her former self so it looked unrealistic. It's first chapter of Claymore where I'm dissapionted with Tagi scriptwriting.

Old 2009-12-02, 08:04   Link #92
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I would bet that the same people that believe that Rosemary was not equal to AO are the same people that believe that Priscilla is overpowered.

Ok, this statement is to general.

My point is, if Teresa could kill an AO with ten percent power, Ab Priscilla could kill two AO in her sleep.

If Rosemary is equal to an AO, then Priscilla's power makes sense.
Old 2009-12-02, 08:34   Link #93
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

i believe it'll be up to clare and raki to take down priscilla. That is if clare convinces raki that priscilla is truly evil. the question is, will the org turn raki into a male claymore or something else? he's got a super abyssal flesh in him now so maybe that'll give him a major power boost to help clare defeat priscilla.
Old 2009-12-02, 08:40   Link #94
Arkham
Stoned Assasin

Wow, just saw the RAW.
Cynthia lookes like the guy Metallica sings about in "One" Lol

Spoiler for One:
Old 2009-12-02, 08:47   Link #95
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Priscilla's power makes sense if she fights motivated and calm. Against isley she wasn't in a sane state of mind at all. She wondered why all those people refused to get eaten and ran away from her despite she was only hungry. This is an example of how crazy priscilla was at that time. For example we still don't even know if theresa needed the yoki to beat rosemary.
I said it myself over and over even before the last two chapters that priscilla is probably stronger than 10 - 100 AO fighting together against her and that the 2 AO > Priscilla estimation was BS because Riful knew her psychological instability and based her calculations on this.
Perhaps there is an explanation why those two monsters theresa and priscilla existed at nearly the same time and perhaps there is the same explanation for the half-awakened phenomenon. The manufacturing process changes in it's base conditions from generation to generation. Yagi explained the unbreakability of the swords. So perhaps in the end all will fits quite well together.
Perhaps the organization tried after the priscilla incident to produce claymores with better abilities to control their yoki?

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2009-12-02 at 09:01.
Old 2009-12-02, 08:56   Link #96
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I agree with Gooral, Cynthia wounds looks unbeveliable. Her survivor guilt does look cliche. IMHO Yagi did it a little too fast, her development wasn't good enough to make her confesion realy convincing.
People deal with survivor guilt differently Cynthia seems to be the quiet type who probably kept everything bottled up, alot of the others have shown to be suffering from survivor guilt as well but they've focussed on something else to overcome that guilt Claire's obsession with priscilla/Deneve it's revenge/ Miria it's toppling the ORG where as Cynthia and Yuma don't have anything like that.
Old 2009-12-02, 09:09   Link #97
servidor

In previous chapters Yuma seemed to suffer shame, rather than guilt, of not been as strong as her companions, after defeating two high ranked Claymores, her confidence seems to have raised up.
Old 2009-12-02, 09:25   Link #98
little_angel
Watching From Above

well .. this chapter is amazing .. i really misunderstood pris's power .. i thought she was as strong as two AO but i was wrong she is stronger than that .. but Yuma cant use Cynthia's ability like her so i think she will need more time than Cynthia used to regentrate others ..

but the way Alicia died was not what i expected .. i thought that she would cut her more than that at least to make her change her form (because she really damaged Rufil alot) .. but at least we can say that she was a very fast AO even Pris had some hard time with her even for mins ..

i want the next chapter now (chapter 99) ..

i just cant wait ..
Old 2009-12-02, 09:39   Link #99
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Didn't like this chapter. The only good things were the teamwork between Alicia and Beth, Beth's tears for Alicia's death and Priscilla's tits.

Still, two crying Abyssal Ones in two chapters. WTF?
Old 2009-12-02, 09:41   Link #100
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
I would bet that the same people that believe that Rosemary was not equal to AO are the same people that believe that Priscilla is overpowered.

Ok, this statement is to general.

My point is, if Teresa could kill an AO with ten percent power, Ab Priscilla could kill two AO in her sleep.

If Rosemary is equal to an AO, then Priscilla's power makes sense.
I always believed that Rosemary was an AO, roughly equal to Isley or Riful. What Priscilla has done to Alicia and Beth is no different to what Theresa did to Rosemary. In comparison, Priscilla is less impressive, she is an awakened being, while Theresa was still a "human" when she dwarfed Rosemary.
What I dislike is that Priscilla is suddenly almost a sane person. Yagi failed to show us Priscilla character growth. IMO lack of reminiscences of Isley, Raki and Priscilla travels is a big mistake.
Similar problem is with Cyntha wounds. I like Cynthia, she is my 5 favorite character in Claymore, yet her cliche words about guilt, as well as her wounds, failed to "touch me". It makes me to laugh.

Closed Thread