AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 04:59   Link #7901
Clarste
Human

Growth comes in various stages. A child getting bigger is different from a teenager maturing into an adult, and both are different from an adult weakening with age. It's easy to imagine cutting off one process while leaving the others.

As for pregnancy, 12 year olds can get pregnant. Obviously society discourages it, but women are sexually mature pretty early in life.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 05:41   Link #7902
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terizent View Post
So, uh, what's actually stopping Zen from crashing the feast once his student council work is done?
That it will probably be over in a hour or two? You do remember the last arc that Zen was a non-factor in right? Went for 20 chapters or so with him staring at a puzzle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
It does seem a bit like popularity bait, putting all these powerful characters together.
Nisio's obviously reacted to the poor ratings for the last arc of Medaka Box, take out the heap of Color Pages this got in the lead up to the manga and this was mostly stuck in the bottom third of the TOC, unlike the Not-Equals Arc where it was in the 5-10 range for 20 weeks straight.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 07:49   Link #7903
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Nisio's obviously reacted to the poor ratings for the last arc of Medaka Box, take out the heap of Color Pages this got in the lead up to the manga and this was mostly stuck in the bottom third of the TOC, unlike the Not-Equals Arc where it was in the 5-10 range for 20 weeks straight.
But is it wrong for people to want to see more Zenkichi? Especially after how the last arc ended and the theme of this arc.
Personally I quit Medaka box 100 chapters ago, but thee past 2 days I made an effort and read through those 100 chapters just because I checked the last arc's ending and the start of this one. So basically what brought me back to the manga was Medaka's confession...I'm sure a lot of people also loved that part so it's no surprise that people want to at least see Zenkichi. (Not only that...I personally found the last arc without Zenkichi to be one of the most lacking)
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:08   Link #7904
FFXFan13
Swag Level: Glasses

I just marathoned the entiere manga over the last few days, and I'm, personally, happy with this line up of characters.

Zenkichi was just... Too boring, and I just couldn't find the motivation to actually like him. The rest of the Student Council? They were awesome, a nice collection of fun and interesting personalities. Zenkichi's just a watered down version of every other stereotypical male protag from Shonen Jump.

tl;dr Zenkichi is the Will Turner, to Kumagawa's Jack Sparrow.
FFXFan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:14   Link #7905
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I've come to the conclusion that, for the manga to continue in any way, Ajimu is going to have to die. It's kind of impossible to write a compelling story where a character on the hero's side can solve any given situation in literally seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFXFan13 View Post
Zenkichi's just a watered down version of every other stereotypical male protag from Shonen Jump.
You take that back.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 14:20   Link #7906
FFXFan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I've come to the conclusion that, for the manga to continue in any way, Ajimu is going to have to die. It's kind of impossible to write a compelling story where a character on the hero's side can solve any given situation in literally seconds.
Only if she feels like it. Besides, one of her abnormalities is basically Immortality, she can't die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
You take that back.

Last edited by FFXFan13; 2012-04-15 at 14:39.
Old 2012-04-15, 16:28   Link #7907
BakaOnna

Quote:
I just marathoned the entiere manga over the last few days, and I'm, personally, happy with this line up of characters.

Zenkichi was just... Too boring, and I just couldn't find the motivation to actually like him. The rest of the Student Council? They were awesome, a nice collection of fun and interesting personalities. Zenkichi's just a watered down version of every other stereotypical male protag from Shonen Jump.

tl;dr Zenkichi is the Will Turner, to Kumagawa's Jack Sparrow.
Count me in as someone who also recently marathoned the manga after seeing it discussed so much due to the anime. I also agree with your assessment on Zenkichi. Actually, I find both Zenkichi and Medaka boring and don't really care for their characters, but the side characters and (ex-)villains really make this an enjoyable read. And the meta-ness of this series is amusing. Though I tend to dislike reading ongoing manga so I'll probably just wait until this new arc is over and marathon it.
BakaOnna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 04:41   Link #7908
DawnEmperor

Different strokes for different folks then, Kumagawa came off to me as stereotypical(like just piling on deadpool and many other annoying traits). He has his role in the series admittedly.

Zenkichi, Akune, Kikaijima; all pretty nice characters who often get neglected. Shiranui is sort of a bearable version of Kumagawa, and Hinokage was pretty awesome.

Last edited by DawnEmperor; 2012-04-16 at 04:52.
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 05:17   Link #7909
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Different strokes for different folks then, Kumagawa came off to me as stereotypical(like just piling on deadpool and many other annoying traits). He has his role in the series admittedly.

Zenkichi, Akune, Kikaijima; all pretty nice characters who often get neglected. Shiranui is sort of a bearable version of Kumagawa, and Hinokage was pretty awesome.
Well yea, everyone has their own opinion, their own favourite characters and such. Couldn't agree more!

It's just that...it feels like Nishio is kinda pulling a Naruto.
Hinata confessed to Naruto and then...well nothing really because no mention of it was made ever again.
Here we have Medaka confessing to Zenkichi and...in the following arc we don't even get to see his face...or even any mention of her loving him...in an arc about Medaka's suitors too.

See my point? :|
Old 2012-04-16, 05:24   Link #7910
Soji

Randrak42 @ It's hard to no see you're point .Let's hope something happen.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 06:03   Link #7911
Valid

To me it does not look like that kiss meant anything to medaka as she used overflowing love, she also said "im falling for you" to mogana when she used overflowing love on her early on
Valid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:23   Link #7912
Tenchi Hou Take

Why do you people care about the pairings anymore, the manga's not remotely close to ending and Nisio at this point is trolling you all. Either someone becomes Medaka boyfriend and that continues to the end, (minimal potential trolling which Nisio probably won't do) or shit remain ambigious with a few randoms hints here and their and almosts until the very end. Or she could get with someone and then break up.

Either way it's a pointless discussion don't think about shit too deeply in regards to this manga he's purposefull trolling you and the deeper you go the more the troling increases. Their most probably won't be normal natural progression of a relation in this manga it'll just be a long series of trolls.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:50   Link #7913
FFXFan13

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Well yea, everyone has their own opinion, their own favourite characters and such. Couldn't agree more!
Not that everyone is capable of remembering this, at all times...

Quote:
It's just that...it feels like Nishio is kinda pulling a Naruto.
Hinata confessed to Naruto and then...well nothing really because no mention of it was made ever again. Here we have Medaka confessing to Zenkichi and...in the following arc we don't even get to see his face...or even any mention of her loving him...in an arc about Medaka's suitors too.
I can't believe you're comparing the two of them... Hinata is a relatively unimportant side character, where as Zenkichi is a secondary main character. Their confessions are on entirely different levels.

Well, that said, For all we know, they are dating, and there's just been no mention of it, given that Zenkichi would get his ass handed to him, and probably killed again, in this arc and Medaka loving humans, instead of individuals.

Again, that being said, I think I'll stick to shipping the Titanic, since even though the ship went down, it still one of the most romantic stories around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Hou Take View Post
Why do you people care about the pairings anymore
Because apparently, the only thing important in manga these days, is the characters you like together, ending up together.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:12   Link #7914
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
I can't believe you're comparing the two of them... Hinata is a relatively unimportant side character, where as Zenkichi is a secondary main character. Their confessions are on entirely different levels.
regardless of how important each character is, it doesn't change the fact that no mention of their relationship has been made since the confession. The only thing was Medaka telling the others to give her Childhood Friend a message...she's even still referring to Zenkichi as a childhood friend.

Quote:
Well, that said, For all we know, they are dating, and there's just been no mention of it, given that Zenkichi would get his ass handed to him, and probably killed again, in this arc and Medaka loving humans, instead of individuals.
Wouldn't have killed Nishio to throw in a word or two indicating their relationship...or at least shown Zenkichi's face. Not even showing his face, to me, is like saying "Yea...you won't be seeing Zenkichi anymore."

Quote:
Because apparently, the only thing important in manga these days, is the characters you like together, ending up together.
I personally like to see relationships develop between certain characters, it's one of the ways I enjoy a series.
People look for different things in manga. Some like to focus on the battles, some like to focus on the pairings. It's how we enjoy the manga that counts...and if each person enjoys it a different way then that just proves we're not all just sheep following the shepherd.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:15   Link #7915
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Wouldn't have killed Nishio to throw in a word or two indicating their relationship...or at least shown Zenkichi's face. Not even showing his face, to me, is like saying "Yea...you won't be seeing Zenkichi anymore.
Would it not have? People these days want concrete confirmation on everything these days. Let things flow and reveal themselves at their own pace~
I'm rather sure Nisio hasn't forgotten that Medaka kissed him, and that Zenkichi loves Medaka. It'll probably come up eventually, don't act like it's been completely scrapped.
Just deal with it.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:17   Link #7916
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Would it not have? People these days want concrete confirmation on everything these days. Let things flow and reveal themselves at their own pace~
At the very least don't imply that Zenkichi won't appear anymore like that...but fine, I shall say no more.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:21   Link #7917
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
At the very least don't imply that Zenkichi won't appear anymore like that...but fine, I shall say no more.
Convince the people someone will not appear, then make them appear at the most unlikely of times. Shonen cliche 101.

Not sure how devil style will play in all this though, so he might not even show up. Or maybe that's what he wants us to think.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 08:23   Link #7918
FFXFan13

Quote:
regardless of how important each character is, it doesn't change the fact that no mention of their relationship has been made since the confession. The only thing was Medaka telling the others to give her Childhood Friend a message...she's even still referring to Zenkichi as a childhood friend.
Hinata's confession was relatively unimportant, except as an excuse to make Naruto go 6-Tails, where as the kiss between Medaka and Zenkichi could be taken as cementing a relationship, or it could be something different altogether. Medaka doesn't really "get" love between individuals, she loves all of humanity.

Quote:
Wouldn't have killed Nishio to throw in a word or two indicating their relationship...or at least shown Zenkichi's face. Not even showing his face, to me, is like saying "Yea...you won't be seeing Zenkichi anymore."
I'm not particularly bothered by the lack of Zenkichi, although I am confused as to why he didn't bother showing his face, unless something's happened to it, he wants to show later. Zenkichi's pretty much done his part, and there's not really anything he could do in this arc, aside from get overshadowed by everyone else.

Quote:
I personally like to see relationships develop between certain characters, it's one of the ways I enjoy a series.
People look for different things in manga. Some like to focus on the battles, some like to focus on the pairings. It's how we enjoy the manga that counts...and if each person enjoys it a different way then that just proves we're not all just sheep following the shepherd.
I don't know, but I would really mind following the Commander.(JK) But really, if everybody liked the same characters, and shipped the same pairings, wouldn;t that be just the same as following the shepard? Trying to convince other that their choices are"wrong" seems like a really poor way to advertise freedom of choice.

Unless it's "Your free to choose, as long as you choose the same as us."

But seriously, it's not really a romantic manga, love and dating aren't really central themes, so of course they're not going to show up very often, or be commented on unless necessary.

Last edited by FFXFan13; 2012-04-16 at 08:48.
Old 2012-04-16, 08:23   Link #7919
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Speaking of which...can Zenkichi even turn off or control Devil Style?
Old 2012-04-16, 08:26   Link #7920
FFXFan13

Quote:
Speaking of which...can Zenkichi even turn off or control Devil Style?
According to the wiki, it only affects what happens in a battle.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council