AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Muv-Luv Franchise > Total Eclipse

Notices

Old 2012-07-09, 09:10   Link #601
ookamigirl

Straight into a fight.
This was more than just challenging for the girls.
They may have trained for it, but reality of it is always harder and life threatening.
There was no end to those monsters...
Stopping them was impossible as well.
Takamura was lucky enough to survive that attack.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 09:48   Link #602
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

That was brutal. Except for Yui, all of her squadmates died. I kinda wish to see those F-14s TSF since i wonder how their world's F-14 fare against our own.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:00   Link #603
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The BETAs are some of the most horrendous aliens I've ever seen. And they eat people to boot. I definitely wouldn't want to die like these two girls did in the episode. I kind of expected Yui's rival (well, she wasn't really her rival anymore) to survive, but nope. If only that Takemikazuchi mech had come a few seconds sooner.
Old 2012-07-09, 10:15   Link #604
galdr

Quote:
Not everything will be logical, this is mecha anime after all. I was satisfied that the instructor explained their stupidity in staying at one place and get surrounded by mentioning some orderto hold the spot. Otherwise I would've pulled my hair out for the reasoning behind using these lightly armoured mechs as stationary gun turrets against an overwhelming horde.
The TSF's main purpose is fighting in BETA hives.

3D movement is pretty much necessary there, tanks and helicopters are useless in Hives.
galdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:33   Link #605
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by galdr View Post
The TSF's main purpose is fighting in BETA hives.

3D movement is pretty much necessary there, tanks and helicopters are useless in Hives.
I chalk the accusations of TSF's being stationary gun platforms to poor Production values.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:38   Link #606
Irisu
フフリ

They pretty much blew the whole budget on Takemikazuchi, wow.
Irisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:01   Link #607
YaminoSeigi

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
That Takemikazuchi sports the Blue with Orange lenses. "Normal" colours used by any member of the Royal family on the front lines.

The Shogunate's personal Takemikazuchi is Purple with Red lenses.
no Ikaruga piloted Blue Zuikaku during Kyoto siege which you can find it's appearance in some muvluv trailer.

Spoiler:
Old 2012-07-09, 11:06   Link #608
Destined_Fate

So Yui grew her hair out... Liked her with shorter hair since its more practical for combat but, eh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The BETAs are some of the most horrendous aliens I've ever seen. And they eat people to boot. I definitely wouldn't want to die like these two girls did in the episode. I kind of expected Yui's rival (well, she wasn't really her rival anymore) to survive, but nope. If only that Takemikazuchi mech had come a few seconds sooner.
You ever watch Blue Gender? TE reminds me a lot of that.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:07   Link #609
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lansglenn View Post
OMG so much waste of very nicely proportioned girls =O

Such tragedies
They have ample amounts of tasty and fatty meat that can keep the aliens healthily nourished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I also like the alien designs, they look really intimidating in the anime too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
You ever watch Blue Gender? TE reminds me a lot of that.
Indeed now that you mention it, the setting has several similarities, but Blue Gender focused more in interpersonal relationships, than cashing on mecha and warmongering.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:26   Link #610
maximilianjenus
[E]

Take a generic zombie anime/movie

swap the flesh eating zombies with flesh eating aliens.
swap the civilians that for some stupid unbeliable reason perform better than the military with military that for obvious reasons perform better than the civilians.

I am calling this show a survival horror atm, later episodes might prove me wrong.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:37   Link #611
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I find it pretty amusing that while everyone is seemingly in utter awe of the fact that Sword Art Online has raised the spectre of death for it's cast and made passing mention of people that had died, Muv-Luv has already shown it multiple times and in some pretty gruesome ways. That was a pretty harsh follow-up, but not entirely impossible to see coming and you can really feel the despair in the Japanese populace as they start to realize that Kyoto is going to be overun and that they're about to get a taste of the extinction that is facing humanity. I was actually pulling for that rival character to survive since I liked her design and felt she could have built an interesting relationship with Yui later on, but alas she got probably the most gruesome death I could imagine. If that mech had just been a couple minutes earlier on the scene when Yui's plot armor kicked in.

It seems to me that they're going to need bigger guns when it comes to the Beta. Something that'll cause a little more damage and in clusters to make up for their numbers and resiliency. I knew machine guns and swords weren't going to cut it. Where do they go now though? Where can they fall back too at this point? Going to be interesting to see.

Also that opening theme is hilarious. It sounds like dubstep mixed with 8-bit SFX's to create what can only be described as one of the more noisy openings of the season.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 11:40   Link #612
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Whoever designed the BETAs may have been a Berserk or Giger fanboy.
Old 2012-07-09, 12:06   Link #613
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
A question about the Takemikazuchi. Its the blue mecha that appeared that weilds a sword right?
Spoiler for About its pilot:
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 12:31   Link #614
Kunagisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I was actually pulling for that rival character to survive since I liked her design and felt she could have built an interesting relationship with Yui later on, but alas she got probably the most gruesome death I could imagine. If that mech had just been a couple minutes earlier on the scene when Yui's plot armor kicked in.
Everyone likes Yamada!! But really, she had the best death imo, Yui's not strong enough a soldier yet to shoot a comrade when it needed to be (Nakahara's VA can't cry that well adds to that effect mayybeeee?). From the scene, "Yamada" probably got her legs eaten first and died from terror induced neuro-overload shutting down her heart, which in hindsight is a good thing I suppose.

Maa~~ Too bad this series is not entirely in written format, I never play ero-games so if I can't get the full scope of the universe I'll not heavily invest time in learning the setting even though I rather enjoy some of the random reads in this thread and others . Sure the mecha's animation's a bit wonky but I'm pretty satisfied with Satelight's work for the most part (can't exactly ask for Unicorn quality here).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Current 2ch thread count
1位 new 【TE】トータル・イクリプス【マブラヴ】 Part24 1001 4686
2位 new 【TE】トータル・イクリプス【マブラヴ】 Part25 387 4537
3位 new 境界線上のホライゾン 161限目 821 3647
4位 ↓-3 【TE】トータル・イクリプス【マブラヴ】 Part23 1001 2457
5位 ↓-2 【古典部シリーズ】氷菓 第九十二号 884 2318
6位 new 【SAO】ソードアート・オンライン part23 498 2005
Too bad the series is not really discussed much here compare to some other places so I prob won't be following this thread much, but at least the pre-orders are looking pretty darn good.
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 12:39   Link #615
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Whoever designed the BETAs may have been a Berserk or Giger fanboy.
The small flesh-eating BETA reminded me of this cenobite (from Clive Barker's Hellraiser)

Spoiler for fictional, yet grotesque images:

Otherwise, Giger seems about right.
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 13:40   Link #616
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Okay, I tried being complacent during the second episode, but I just can't hold it in. Episode 2 was cool and all, but it had so many "Wtf? Why would you do that? Ever?"

First of all, it was established in the first episode that the mechs should fly as low as possible to the ground, to avoid Laser Class, but they only decide to do so after several of them get blown up. Even if the Lasers "widened their arc" or whatever, you'd think they would anticipate something like that, and fly as low as possible from the get-go.

Next, the Instructor goes all hero and crap, "holding them off" when they apparently lacked any form of long-range BETA in the group. It seemed completely unnecessary for him to stay behind (standing completely still no less) and get chopped to pieces. Why not, um... Fly away? You know, with jets and stuff?

Next comes the derpy idiots who decided it was a fine idea to have a stare-down contest with a stampede of Destroyer Class BETA. Sure, some of them jumped away, but only after they WERE RIGHT ON THEM. Why not fly, hm? Or at least, fly away when they got too close. Instead they decide to basically stand there and let them crush them, for some odd reason.

Overall this episode was filled with bad decisions, and I feel like they extended the "Too Dumb to Live" trope to just about everyone. I still like the premise and the series, nevertheless.
Old 2012-07-09, 14:23   Link #617
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Nerf laser class plox. Too OP, oneshotting my vikings TSFs.
I was a little dissapointed how they portrayed the Laser Class in this episode.

This typical sci-fi piu piu firing was strange. In the novel they fire a constant beam that instantly hits it's target, but TSF armor holds about 1-2 seconds befor the machine explodes, so pilots have a little time to get the hell out of the BETAs field of view.
Old 2012-07-09, 14:35   Link #618
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Okay, I tried being complacent during the second episode, but I just can't hold it in. Episode 2 was cool and all, but it had so many "Wtf? Why would you do that? Ever?"

First of all, it was established in the first episode that the mechs should fly as low as possible to the ground, to avoid Laser Class, but they only decide to do so after several of them get blown up. Even if the Lasers "widened their arc" or whatever, you'd think they would anticipate something like that, and fly as low as possible from the get-go.

Next, the Instructor goes all hero and crap, "holding them off" when they apparently lacked any form of long-range BETA in the group. It seemed completely unnecessary for him to stay behind (standing completely still no less) and get chopped to pieces. Why not, um... Fly away? You know, with jets and stuff?

Next comes the derpy idiots who decided it was a fine idea to have a stare-down contest with a stampede of Destroyer Class BETA. Sure, some of them jumped away, but only after they WERE RIGHT ON THEM. Why not fly, hm? Or at least, fly away when they got too close. Instead they decide to basically stand there and let them crush them, for some odd reason.

Overall this episode was filled with bad decisions, and I feel like they extended the "Too Dumb to Live" trope to just about everyone. I still like the premise and the series, nevertheless.
make up your mind, do you want them to fly or not ?

I would take on the paragraphs individually but it could be summed up in that.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:01   Link #619
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
make up your mind, do you want them to fly or not ?

I would take on the paragraphs individually but it could be summed up in that.
On the ground when they're not being trampled by Destroyers, hovering just high enough when they are. Always stay close to the ground at the very least, enough to be out of Laser-class range. >.>

Just "think" is all I'm asking for these characters to do.
Old 2012-07-09, 15:44   Link #620
tsunade666

The whole 2nd episode gives me another outlook on this series. I'm not familiar with the material so I don't know the story but is there even a good ending for this series?

A bunch of trainees that can't even do better in their training in actual robot has been pushed to pilot those mechs to their apocalyptic death so I'm not surprised if they panic but for the veterans too? That's kinda stupid mistake but overall bloody episode that it gives me bad vibes on it. Like my stomach grumbling

And this makes me think that humanity against aliens that huge and has numeric advantage even if we had advance technology is spelled doomed. We will be overran by them if we go into stupid decisions.

btw this is a adapted from a vn game right? its odd because I'm not familiar with the game so I can't be sure but their is no male lead? isn't it usually that you control the mc lead? is the girl the lead or something?

Tags
action, aliens, mecha, romance, science fiction, seinen