AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-04-05, 12:06   Link #101
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radiosity
Seems I'm still one of the few people that found the first season highly enjoyable.
Naah, i really enjoyed the anime - mainly because it allowed me to see such a wonderful cast animatied, and with amazing score by Mitsumune Nobuyoshi, gives me even more reason to love the show.

Still, the Manga is a lot more enjoyable. ^^
Old 2006-04-05, 12:07   Link #102
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... it looks like we're just getting two "spring/summer" OVAs for now, done by the PPD staff. However, I'm hoping the buzz will be enough for the PPD staff to take on a second season. I'm guessing the two OVAs will cover the "Baron" sequence story as it is easily carved out of the storyline.

If they get the go for a second season: I'd prefer they just jump past the rather stupid ending "cliffhanger" of the end of the season one and pick up the thread after the Baron.
Old 2006-04-05, 14:39   Link #103
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I enjoyed the anime as well. I don't even mind the concluding arc (except it makes it really difficult to animate a second season).
My main complaint about the series (other than some of the animation, which I heard is corrected in the DVD releases) is that they messed with the ratios from the manga. The manga is about 50-60% shonen action story with bishoujo girls, and about 40-50% harem-y/school comedy. The anime went with a mix more like 70% on the harem-y/school comedy and 30% on the shonen action. So if you were reading the manga and watched the anime, it was a bit of a surprise as the focus of the series moves *off* of Negi and his search for his dad and *on* to Negi and his relationship with the girls in his class. My wife watched a couple of episodes and she remarked that it didn't seem to be similar to what I described to her.

It's definitely in my "to buy" pile though (with Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, Ichigo Mashimaro and Bleach).
Old 2006-04-06, 12:31   Link #104
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Considering Funi is doing it at least the dub will be superior. *Cough* Mai Hime Dub *Cough*

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 12:40   Link #105
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I guess, Funi's turned out plenty of dubs that are as bad as Hime's.

Actually, it's interesting you bring up the Hime dub because Negima may have a lot of the problems the Hime dub did. Both have rather large casts. It would seem obvious that it's easier to cast a series with only a few voices than one with a bunch. Especially a series (like Hime or Negima) where a minor character may have legions of fans who are going to complain if the dub doesn't go particularly well. Like if Evangeline's dub isn't great, it's going to start tons of threads all over the place ridiculing Funi for what is (essentially) a minor character in Negima. The same thing would happen depending on the dub for a lot of the characters, Sayo, Kaede, etc.
Old 2006-04-07, 12:38   Link #106
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

The manga is my most favorit ever but i have yet to see the anime by the sounds it mite not be as good as I though but hay ill watch it any how (^^)
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 21:20   Link #107
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The Negima dub is something i'd rather not think about.. i mean with that many female's in the anime, they'll probably just pick up people of the street to dub.
Old 2006-04-07, 21:31   Link #108
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
The Negima dub is something i'd rather not think about.. i mean with that many female's in the anime, they'll probably just pick up people of the street to dub.
Or even worse, the same voice actor doing 3 or 4 characters... with the sheer amount of unbelievable talent they have [/sarcasm], their attempts at making their characters different would be pretty awful.

I shudder at the mental sound of Nodoka having a whiny high-pitched voice.
Old 2006-04-07, 21:43   Link #109
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Noo.. i wouldn't even dream of thinking about that! >.<
Old 2006-04-07, 22:00   Link #110
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

My eyes just shut down protectively after reading that. *Shudders* imagining any of them is bad, but Nodoka, Eva and Sayo really are the stuff nightmares are made of. *Me hugs original Japanese cast and tries to block out those horrible thoughts* Oh and let's not forget Yui with her 'I can't be bothered' voice.
Radiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 22:04   Link #111
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I'll let you all know how it turned out. I will definitely be watching it dubbed as my wife has expressed an interest in seeing it.
Old 2006-04-08, 08:28   Link #112
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Hope you have fun watching the dub. ^^;

I for one can't wait for the DVD's.. i just hope the cover's have pretty good artwork.
Old 2006-04-08, 11:42   Link #113
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
For you people who are worried about what Nodoka would sound like in the dub: don't worry about it. A few people (including me) have already gotten a sneak peek of the dub at various anime conventions, and let me tell you that you that the dub voice for Nodoka-chan definitely fits her shy personality.

As for Negi, all I can say it this: after hearing his dub voice, I spent most of the night after watching the dub thinking about Negi and Nodoka (the two cuties of Negima IMO) because the voice used is definitely of the kawaii type.
Old 2006-04-08, 15:51   Link #114
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1
For you people who are worried about what Nodoka would sound like in the dub: don't worry about it. A few people (including me) have already gotten a sneak peek of the dub at various anime conventions, and let me tell you that you that the dub voice for Nodoka-chan definitely fits her shy personality.

As for Negi, all I can say it this: after hearing his dub voice, I spent most of the night after watching the dub thinking about Negi and Nodoka (the two cuties of Negima IMO) because the voice used is definitely of the kawaii type.
LOL! I'm not that worried about it, I've never seen a dub that was so bad it actually interfered with my enjoyment of the show. If all I liked the show for in the first place was the voices, then I didn't really like it to begin with.

Actually I've found that I have a big association with whichever voice I heard first. For intance, I can't listen to Cowboy Bebop, Noir, Happy Lesson, Kare Kano, and other things I heard originally in English with the original voices. It's weird but they just don't sound right to me, on the other hand, things like Mai Hime, Girls Bravo, Fullmetal Alchemist sound wrong to me with the English voices because I just associate the characters with the Japanese voices. It's weird how the mind works.
Old 2006-04-10, 11:09   Link #115
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

In my case, even if I've heard the show in English first I tend to cringe (Love Hina, Ai Yori Aoshi, and Pokemon come to mind). The "talent" used just doesn't seem to have a clue about what kind of voicing to use (nothing like using a voice more appropriate for a Muppet on a serious romantic character...).

More typically, I'll be okay with some of the voices in a show but the others just make me pull my hair out (the english voice for the lead in Tsukikage Ran was perfect, her sidekick was "okay" .. but every other voice in the show just sucked; I could stand most of the voices in AYA except Aoi's --- who sounded cloying, flat, and "I'm just reading my lines"; Azumanga's cast were ... mostly okay, but using a Houston accent for Osaka, while it made some sense --- you really lost her spacy quality and all you were left with was "dumb country girl").

My wife has trouble with subtitles inserted into the scene (she's nearsighted in one eye and farsighted in the other, even with glasses she gets stressed trying to follow them) -- she'd really like it if the fanssubs would put a matte around the visual and put the subtitles underneath on the matte. Therefore, she prefers dub when I can stand them.

I *really* have trouble with the idea of Negima being dubbed, not only because a lot of the personality of the girls are in their voices, but because of the sheer number involved --- I can count good American dub VAs on one hand (since the studios don't use A-list voice actors). I know its a necessary add-on to sell in the US ... but I just count it as a Good Thing that they leave the original track available with subtitles.
Old 2006-04-10, 13:35   Link #116
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

I have had some times where I thought a voice actor just wasent right for the part, but unless it really stinks I dout Ill notice...... its sad realy (^^)

But over all I hope they do a good job since the manga was one of my favs
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 17:12   Link #117
meroko_mew_mew
Meroko_Mew_Mew

Send a message via MSN to meroko_mew_mew
New Season of Negima...

Does anybody have any information on the new season of Negima? I read some things on YouTube that stated that the last episode is only the end of the season, not the series.. I love Negima and if there is in fact another season on it's way, I would love to know about it.

meroko_mew_mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 22:19   Link #118
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I imagine this thread is getting moved, but as a quick answer. No, there's not a new season. There will be a two episode OVA released by a different animation company.
Old 2006-05-08, 23:26   Link #119
RedFrame
A talking white tiger :O
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to RedFrame
in case if you miss this
Second season annouce(Credit for Neosam for always looking for scoop )
a few image(credit to wao for digging up 2chan )

RedFrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-08, 23:32   Link #120
rooboy
Umeboshi!

(Just pointing out that again, that's not a second season announcement. That's the announcement of the two episode OVA.)