AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2006-04-18, 05:48   Link #1
retroborg

Macross Models and Figures discussion thread

Hello,

I have a few queries concerning the MACROSS PLUS Yamato transformable Valkyrie figures.

Except for the obvious colour differences and packaging, what other differences are there between:

1. VF-11B & VF-11B Fast Pack

2. YF-19 & VF-19A

3. YF-21 & YF-21 Fast Pack

Are they all the same quality and size of 1:60 scale or are they 1:55 scale like the Bandai Valkyries?

I want to buy the VF-11, YF-19, & YF-21 but I’m not sure if I should go for the “Fast Pack” editions, the standard ones or the “A” VF-19A instead of the YF-19?

Any info will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
retroborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:34   Link #2
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

well im not sure how much is changed but the older ones have a screw problem on the middle joint. i also think the fast packs use a lighter/cheaper plastic, but i cant confirm that.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 06:42   Link #3
retroborg

Thanks for the info!
Yes, that does sound logical and I do prefer the colour of the Fast packs.

What about the YF-19 & VF-19A?
Old 2006-04-18, 10:47   Link #4
nani
Dreamer
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroborg
Thanks for the info!
Yes, that does sound logical and I do prefer the colour of the Fast packs.

What about the YF-19 & VF-19A?
Detailed comparision from Macross World :

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/...inal_proto.htm
nani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-18, 10:54   Link #5
retroborg

Thank you so much!
Old 2008-04-13, 12:36   Link #6
Sepiraph
Arayashiki

Looking for some fairly detailed models for either the VF-1, VF-4, or the VF-21, preferably 1/48. In general, what is better - resin or plastic?

Also anyone has directly bought from the Japanese site, how's the shipping?
Sepiraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 14:02   Link #7
Expendable GM Pilot

I just watched Macross frontier and I really like Mikhail's blue VF-25. Have they released any models of that yet?

Last edited by Expendable GM Pilot; 2008-05-04 at 14:52.
Expendable GM Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-22, 23:01   Link #8
Beltane70

Not yet. There haven't been any models for Macross Frontier yet. However, we should be seeing models in the next few months.

There have been some prototype models for Mac F on display at a few recent Japanese toy/model shows. I saw the VF-25 fighter and battroid model prototypes on display at this year's Tokyo International Animation Fair a couple of weeks ago, so we should be seeing the models very soon.
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 07:17   Link #9
WaytoDawn

There has been news of Macross Frontier models comming out soon. More specifically, the VF-25. Best part of the news is, BANDAI is the one comming out with the models for macross frontier!!! No more stiff wave kits or expansive kotobukiya kits! Oh, If the info is right, this model is fully transformable. Lets pray this is all true...
WaytoDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 12:43   Link #10
Cadorna

Send a message via MSN to Cadorna
let 's pray for it , Amen
Cadorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 16:58   Link #11
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
actually would be quite interested in the VAJRA models, they look pretty funky!

i'm a bit tired of the humanoid mecha at the moment, would love to get something different for a change.

hope if they do bring out a VAJRA model it has detachable armour and weaponry.
Old 2008-06-10, 22:48   Link #12
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

whats a good cheap Valkyrie figure?I can pick up what seems to be a generic red and blue VFs from Macross 7 for just under 30 bucks but I would rather spend under 50 for a solidly designed white/black VF,the normal one not skull 1.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 09:47   Link #13
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via MSN to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via Yahoo to Renaissance Otaku
That's a tough one. It depends on what you mean by "good". The Toynami MPCs are decent, and can be had cheaply (or more expensive than a Yamato if you go to the wrong guy). They're not that great in the posability market though, especially in Battriod.

You might want to consider saving up a bit and going with Yamato's 1/60 line. They're pricey, but not as much as the 1/48s. Other than that, the old Bandais or Takaras should be good if you search hard enough. There's also plenty of nice looking non-transformables.
Renaissance Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-13, 09:53   Link #14
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance Otaku View Post
That's a tough one. It depends on what you mean by "good". The Toynami MPCs are decent, and can be had cheaply (or more expensive than a Yamato if you go to the wrong guy). They're not that great in the posability market though, especially in Battriod.

You might want to consider saving up a bit and going with Yamato's 1/60 line. They're pricey, but not as much as the 1/48s. Other than that, the old Bandais or Takaras should be good if you search hard enough. There's also plenty of nice looking non-transformables.
transformable is the main reason I am buying :P
well that and they look neat.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3D4%26ps%3D42

these look ok and at about 20 a pop not a bad deal but I don;t care for the design as much as the normal VF 0-o
Old 2008-06-13, 09:58   Link #15
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

Send a message via AIM to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via MSN to Renaissance Otaku Send a message via Yahoo to Renaissance Otaku
Wow, fast response (I remember why i don't post here often.)

It should be obvious, but those are bootlegs. You can tell by the ridiculously low price and the pics in the bottom right, which should be Bandai's logo.

A guy at a con I was at last weekend had the Fire Valk. He claims there's a Korean bootleg and that it was well built. That's what he was selling, and he wanted twenty. The other bootleg is really bad, according to him. How you're supposed to tell is beyond me.
Old 2008-06-13, 10:13   Link #16
ZippyDSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renaissance Otaku View Post
Wow, fast response (I remember why i don't post here often.)

It should be obvious, but those are bootlegs. You can tell by the ridiculously low price and the pics in the bottom right, which should be Bandai's logo.

A guy at a con I was at last weekend had the Fire Valk. He claims there's a Korean bootleg and that it was well built. That's what he was selling, and he wanted twenty. The other bootleg is really bad, according to him. How you're supposed to tell is beyond me.

Well I aim for look first, and at 20 a pop with shipping the price is not bad at all, they had some bubble packaged white and black knock off VFs in big lots in 99-02 I should have got me 2 but I was collecting bast war figures then >>.

bandi 1/55
http://cgi.ebay.com/Ban-Dai-Variable...QQcmdZViewItem

heres another knock off I think
http://cgi.ebay.com/macross-valkyrie...QQcmdZViewItem

Only trouble is I HATE bubble packs they display poorly and you can't get out the figure now and then.

the last 100$ I spent on a figure was ROD Scourge, I don't really regret it but I don't really have the money for it 0-o now adays LOL
Old 2008-06-13, 10:22   Link #17
Renaissance Otaku
Shadow Member

The Bandais are okay. They're a lot like the MPCs.
Old 2008-06-15, 01:26   Link #18
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
hi all, new here. just that watching macross frontier has brought back some macross 7 love in me, especially after hearing totsugeki love heart in ozma's car.
anway, i really want to have basara's VF-19 (yes, literally the basara fire valkyrie version) join my display with my figurines, but there's like so many versions. i only plan to have one, but just dont know which one to choose. does anyone know which one is the best in terms of detail? please provide manufacturer and scale etc.

禁則事項です

Last edited by Mecha_Trueno; 2008-06-15 at 06:06.
Mecha_Trueno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-17, 17:59   Link #19
Nerroth
NePoi!

*thread reamination*

So, how many people here are looking forward to the Side VF Robot Tamashii range?

With the VF-25F and Klan's Queadluun-Rea up first, the VF-25G soon after, and a larger (and what looks to be transformable!) VB-6 on the cards, it's looking pretty interesting.

Actually, it's kind of an irony for me, in that prior to getting more into BattleTech lately, I wasn't so keen on the idea of non-transformable Valkyrie models. However, in BT, the likes of the Phoenix Hawk had both transforming LAM (Land-Air 'Mech) and non-transforming BattleMech versions anyway - the latter of which has got a 'Project Phoenix' revision in recent years, to boot.

Also, when it comes to model kits, how excited are people about the upcoming 1:72 kit for the VF-27?

EDIT: Looks like Kaiyodo are getting back into the game, too.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2009-11-20 at 02:05.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 19:23   Link #20
Nerroth
NePoi!

I was back in my FLHS today (as well as my FLGS, getting a new rulebook) - and while there, I got to have a look at some of the components that come in the new 1:72 VF-27 kit.

First of all, the model itself looks great, not least in the deeper red colour it's been painted in by whoever did up the sample piece for the latest Hobby Japan issue (Jan 2010, which they also had in the store).

The canopy is clear green, with decals for giving it the look of Brera's unit - but it's left in such a way so that it would be relatively easy to use if you wanted to spray the kit and do it as one of the green 'grunt' suits!

(Although, I dearly hope somebody paints one of those things black, and goes for a Dark Skyfire-esque theme with it.)

Also, it comes with the pilot and passenger... who of course is Ranka. Indeed, the kind of attention to detail is so good, they even added an image showing the two as kids beside their mother - and made the picture look like it had previously been folded in, so as not to reveal the two siblings side-by-side! Those little touches really make a work for me.

I cannot wait to see one assembled in person, though sadly the closest I can aim for money-wise might be to hope for a Side VF-27, as well as to look out for the '27s coming in wave 2 of the collectible fighter minis.

And speaking of Side VFs, sadly the -25F and Q-rea never showed up, so I'll have to try again in the New Year...

...though I wonder - would the super parts from the F (or G), coupled with this Figma, make for an interesting basis for a kitbash of a certain gunslinging flying giant?