AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-13, 11:44   Link #26301
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
if not forcing is the right word for it if she strongly say my name is misaka mikoto with sparks starting then I don't know what the meaning of forcing is
My name is Urobuchi Gen, but you are always calling me "urobutcher".
I told you to stop calling me Urobutcher and that I have a proper name : "Urobuchi Gen". Now what will you call me? Considering I'm just a mere acquaintance of yours.
Moreover, she didn't emit sparks during the Railgun Sister arc's final scene, she properly told him to stop using that nickname.
Old 2013-05-13, 11:57   Link #26302
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Wow Misaki is auch a helpful companion
But dammit Kamachi I wanna know their backstory
Old 2013-05-13, 12:07   Link #26303
tsunade666

Quote:
(What, what?) When Kamijou turned his head around, he saw a middle school girl. She had shoulder-length light-brown hair, good looks that didn't need make-up, a short-sleeved white blouse with a summer sweater, a gray pleated skirt… he guessed that it was the famous Tokiwadai Middle School uniform. But calling her "Ojou-sama" in front of her would be somewhat awkward. Complaining about the summer heat, she somehow resembled a shell-shocked salaryman getting off a fully-loaded train rather than a refined young lady.
(…Who is this person?)
Was she an acquaintance of his, or an overly familiar stranger? Kamijou was a bit worried. With memory loss, discerning acquaintances from strangers was the hardest thing of all. He didn't know just how far to step into someone's territory.
Kamijou's instinct told him that she was an acquaintance. Maybe, if she wasn't a stranger, he should just tread lightly.
(Ehh, let's just get this over with…) Kamijou gave up.
"…Then, who are you, girl?"
"It's me, my name's Misaka Mikoto! Try to remember, you total blockhead!!"
The instant the girl shouted, she unleashed a pale spark from her light-brown bangs.
(Shit, she has no sense of humor?)
The instant Kamijou instinctively put himself on guard, a pale lightning bolt jumped out from the girl's forehead, and quickly rushed at Kamijou.
I check vol 3

If your asking on how many times Touma actually call Misaka biri biri in the main volumes of index. It can be counted on your fingers.
Old 2013-05-13, 12:09   Link #26304
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
desrtsku-kun, when a normal woman's reached its climax of pleasure, it releases enough energy to light a lamp, right? how much energy the Mikoto release? I was surprised the researchers have not seen it as a way to reach level 6, least reach a new parameter in the power of destruction.
I'm surprised the Kiharas haven't figured this out. Sounds like something right up their alley.

Also, yes Kamachi, we demand backstory! It is too much trolling to leave the fans hanging like this!
Old 2013-05-13, 12:33   Link #26305
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quoting myself exactly 2 years ago (same date) in this thread saying this myself...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Assassin View Post
... Now with that... I also hope my crack theory of The Queen becoming Touma's long-lost childhood friend not going to happen, because I'll explode if it's made canon.
... Guys... with how things are turning out, I fear that my fears are coming to reality...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-05-13, 12:34   Link #26306
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Quoting myself 2 years ago in this thread saying this myself... albeit short of one day before it...

... Guys... with how things are turning out, I fear that my fears are coming to reality...
You fear your own theory might come true?
Old 2013-05-13, 12:37   Link #26307
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
You fear your own theory might come true?
I remember I was half-joking when I suggested that. Y'know, it's that kind of fear when you play along with a prank that later becomes too real for your own comfort

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2013-05-13, 12:46   Link #26308
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
I remember I was half-joking when I suggested that. Y'know, it's that kind of fear when you play along with a prank that later becomes too real for your own comfort
Like LB being adapted by JCstaff. I think every otaku who was looking forward to that show understands what you mean.

This probably wouldn't be as bad, though, at least it's an acceptable explanation to Misaki's super deep trust in Touma.
Old 2013-05-13, 12:47   Link #26309
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I check vol 3

If your asking on how many times Touma actually call Misaka biri biri in the main volumes of index. It can be counted on your fingers.
Tsunade-dono ... do I really need to put a picture, okay I'll put some down there. She never asked him to call her "Mikoto". Misaka would have been enough, but he clearly went on his own way to call her Mikoto.
To simplify it, the point is not about him stopping calling her biribiri, it's about him calling her "Mikoto" instead of "Misaka"

Also a drunk man never lie.

And these things, I was talking about these things not Index vol 3 : 1, 2. Do you see any sparks? Do you see her forcing him? Do you see him frightened?
Secondly, he didn't even call her Mikoto here, but he did it in the later parts of the novels ; and there isn't anything in there about her asking him to call out to her by using her given name.
So why? Because they clearly got closer after WWIII/NT2-3 ... as friends, of course.
Old 2013-05-13, 13:13   Link #26310
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

But doesn't Touma know her mother who's also "Misaka"? IDK people usually do switch to first name basis when knowing multiple family members make things complicated and he can't very well do it with Misuzu.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:05   Link #26311
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
But doesn't Touma know her mother who's also "Misaka"? IDK people usually do switch to first name basis when knowing multiple family members make things complicated and he can't very well do it with Misuzu.
I'm pretty sure he calls her mother Misuzu-san... I'll have to go back and reread but that was kinda one of the sticking points to Mikoto about him having her mothers number and using her first name and all...
Old 2013-05-13, 14:06   Link #26312
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
And these things, I was talking about these things not Index vol 3 : 1, 2. Do you see any sparks? Do you see her forcing him? Do you see him frightened?
Secondly, he didn't even call her Mikoto here, but he did it in the later parts of the novels ; and there isn't anything in there about her asking him to call out to her by using her given name.
So why? Because they clearly got closer after WWIII/NT2-3 ... as friends, of course.
ah, you mean this scene. I already forgot about this scene because I rarely read railgun manga. I only read it once when its been release so it usually wasn't stuck on my memory.

hmmm. She started calling Mikoto as Misaka in vol 3 to begin wit and he only called her biribiri in railgun manga too and in vol 1 and 3 but after that its only misaka and in vol 8? I think its been upgraded to mikoto if not vol 8 its vol 9 when her mother shows up.

Basically if you ask me. He started calling her, her name when her mother shows up because if you compare it to closeness and everyday events that Touma met then Himegami and Fukiyose should be in first name basis already but they are not. heck Fukiyose is a lot closer to Touma than the other girls because she is classmate and the one who rules in delta force(disbanded) but they are still not in first name basis.

I can't remember Touma calling others on their name..... I really can't. Casting aside from the magicians because. Only in science side...
Old 2013-05-13, 14:11   Link #26313
Marina2

You gotta wonder why AC didn't use Rensa insted of SISTERS in Lv6 shift program with Accel. Sure, each unit cost a lot if destroyed but....I don't think Accel can beat her easily. Actually, make her beating Accel many time may encourage him to get better LOL.

AC won't lose any SISTERS and can send them around the world right away.

Last edited by Marina2; 2013-05-13 at 14:22.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:17   Link #26314
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
You gotta wonder why AC didn't use Rensa insted of SISTERS in Lv6 shift program with Accel.

AC won't lose any SISTERS and can send them around the world right away.
Because they developed the series in the recent month or so, after WW3?
Old 2013-05-13, 14:18   Link #26315
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
And addressed to Tsunade-dono as well when we're at it.

Doesn't make sense since he still calls her "Misaka" in some NT volumes. And the last time he met her mother was during SS1. If he really do switche name because of that sort of reason, he should have done it after vol 9 or at the very least shortly after SS1.

Better study it in detail.

Spoiler for too long:

Conclusion : something Happened to Touma somewhere in NT5 or NT6, that made him use her given name instead of her family name.
The two most probable reason :
-Thor gave him quite a shock and his brain started to process "Mikoto" instead of "Misaka" the moment he realized that the "Misaka" before him is fake. (yeah, it's BS, but all this stuff about names and all is kinda BS anyway so who cares)
-It's the lightning Miko fired at him in NT6 (when he was with Cendrillon-chan), something went wrong with his brain and he couldn't call her Misaka anymore.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:21   Link #26316
Sumeragi
Banned

It's the sign of Touma getting closer to Miko-chan.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:27   Link #26317
desrtsku
Nympholept

Oh, I forgot that one reason too.
Old 2013-05-13, 14:35   Link #26318
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
And addressed to Tsunade-dono as well when we're at it.

Doesn't make sense since he still calls her "Misaka" in some NT volumes. And the last time he met her mother was during SS1. If he really do switche name because of that sort of reason, he should have done it after vol 9 or at the very least shortly after SS1.

Better study it in detail.

Spoiler for too long:

Conclusion : something Happened to Touma somewhere in NT5 or NT6, that made him use her given name instead of her family name.
The two most probable reason :
-Thor gave him quite a shock and his brain started to process "Mikoto" instead of "Misaka" the moment he realized that the "Misaka" before him is fake. (yeah, it's BS, but all this stuff about names and all is kinda BS anyway so who cares)
-It's the lightning Miko fired at him in NT6 (when he was with Cendrillon-chan), something went wrong with his brain and he couldn't call her Misaka anymore.
He only started calling her Mikoto in Nt 6 I didn't realize this one. I only read misaka here and there that I didn't notice. But when Masuzu shows up, I assume that to not mix those two. He called her Mikoto. And no, I won't reread it longs volumes just to confirm this one. Troublesome and not worth it.

Then if Touma just started calling Misaka as Mikoto in NT 6. Isn't that weird?

what about the raw? can someone confirm? if its a mistake then its need to be edited.

but personally I don't care about how he calls her

I'm trying to remember Touma calling anyone on their given name but I still can't remember anyone (casting aside the magicians)
Old 2013-05-13, 14:49   Link #26319
desrtsku
Nympholept

my damn typos and double words ...

I do have raws for some early Index vols, but the files are mostly image files instead of text files. (Kind of annoying to search for her name/given name in that thick labyrinth of moon runes)
Old 2013-05-13, 15:03   Link #26320
Blizzard
KIRABOSHI☆!!!

Well he calls Maika by first name, no honorifics and all(Vol. 4), but other than that I don't know?

Edit: Oh and Fremea too I guess? Must be an age thing idk
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen