AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-12, 09:20   Link #1161
Volcanic
fire of fires

I really wonder how they could fit all the answers into just two more arcs. I think that EP7 will be the last "REVEAL" arc and EP8 will be the "Matsuribayashi-hen-esque" arc where they work together to stop the murders or whatever. ("AND WE BELIEVED IN THE HEART OF THE CARDS~")

Do you guys think we'll have any "extra" arcs, kinda like Higurashi Matsuri? Or do you think they won't fit well? I'm sure we'll have something like Rei, though.
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 10:46   Link #1162
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

don't know about extra arcs but with extra TIPS as big as what's already been released, I definitely think they have the material to do something extra

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 11:14   Link #1163
Volcanic
fire of fires

Umineko is much different than Higurashi because
Spoiler for Higurashi Kai:
In Umineko, we know there has only been 4 worlds so far, and we pretty much need to see them all, so unless we go to a different Kakera it would be hard to do a Matsuri-type thing.

Rei, on the other hand, is almost a given, considering how Saikoroshi-hen is a true "epilogue" to the series. It would be interesting to do an "ending" arc. And Umineko Daybreak
Old 2009-08-12, 11:51   Link #1164
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
In Umineko, we know there has only been 4 worlds so far, and we pretty much need to see them all, so unless we go to a different Kakera it would be hard to do a Matsuri-type thing.
That's what one is lead to believe, but there have been instances when a couple of the characters spoke as if there have been even more than just 4 worlds.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 12:16   Link #1165
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
That's what one is lead to believe, but there have been instances when a couple of the characters spoke as if there have been even more than just 4 worlds.
Which makes it all the more confusing.

Maybe we'll get to see the very first world. Now that would be fun.
Old 2009-08-12, 13:00   Link #1166
chronotrig

Just wanted to point out that Ryuukishi has clearly said that EP5 and onward should not be called answer arcs. This is apparently the reason that he didn't add 'kai' to the end of the name.

Instead of answering the questions of the question arcs one by one like in Higurashi, they'll apparently continue to tell the story while delving deeper into the core of the mystery.

So I guess they should be called the "Latter Arcs"...or as I like to call them, the "Core Arcs".

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 15:20   Link #1167
KnightOfTwo

Ok this may sound like a completely far fetched theory (tiny bombs anyone?) but please stick with me here and if anyone has already come up with anything similar I apologize.

My idea goes that Battler is actually part of the cause of the murders although not the actual culprit. This relates to his "sin" which takes place 6 years prior to the main storyline. We all know Battler has not been a part of the Ushiromiya family for six years, and Ange is at the time of the murders six years old. Now the way it goes is Battlers mom dies and his dad hooks up with Kyrie and they get married and have a daughter. Well Battler feels as if everything is being stolen from him and wishes ill upon the Ushiromiya family, another reason why he ends up leaving the family and changes his name. So after six years he calms down and forgets about the wish he makes and returns to the family. As we know severe forms of malice and ill will in this series tend to manifest themselves in the form of the black witch. This would explain why Battler manages to survive to the end of each of the EPs since he in a way caused the incident.

I know it makes virtually no sense but at this point I would say almost anything is possible..... except of course WITCHES!
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 16:38   Link #1168
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Just wanted to point out that Ryuukishi has clearly said that EP5 and onward should not be called answer arcs. This is apparently the reason that he didn't add 'kai' to the end of the name.
I'm not surprised about this. I've had the idea that unlike Higurashi, in which all the mysteries were fully revealed (with certainty), Umineko will end with Battler proving that all of the crimes could also have been carried out by human means, but it won't be a definite answer.

All the same, I wonder what he meant with scatter (chiru). Double-Slit experiment reference, perhaps? He's already brought Schroedinger's cat into play.
Old 2009-08-12, 16:41   Link #1169
musouka

Quote:
Instead of answering the questions of the question arcs one by one like in Higurashi, they'll apparently continue to tell the story
Good. The narrative in this case is actually the meta world, instead of the repeating worlds. I was hoping it would be continuous.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 19:11   Link #1170
TheBlackCat

So, I don't know if anyone else has thought this, but I've got a theory about Battler and Ange.

Well first off, I have an anti-magic standpoint on Umineko, so a lot of things are harder to explain. For example, I think the whole time travel thing with Ange is crock. So if Ange and Battler both meet, what does this mean?

Well first off, I'm pretty sure it's a red statement that she's his sister, so it's not like everything can be explained just with her being delusional. But I still think she is slightly delusional, which is made pretty obvious in Ep 4.

Anyway, I think Battler was actually Kyrie's child and Ange was Asumu's. Both Ange and Battler are 18, so agewise it fits perfectly. I can't really piece it all together, so it's kind of a scattered theory, but I think I'm on the right track. Like, for some reason Kinzo never seems to mention Ange when talking about his grandchildren and she doesn't have a spot at the dinner table. In Episode 1 it's kind of understandable maybe as the writer just not having the foresight at that point, with the scope of everything. But it's the same thing in Episode 4, which gets a bit strange.

So yeah.
TheBlackCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 19:14   Link #1171
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
So, I don't know if anyone else has thought this, but I've got a theory about Battler and Ange.

Well first off, I have an anti-magic standpoint on Umineko, so a lot of things are harder to explain. For example, I think the whole time travel thing with Ange is crock. So if Ange and Battler both meet, what does this mean?

Well first off, I'm pretty sure it's a red statement that she's his sister, so it's not like everything can be explained just with her being delusional. But I still think she is slightly delusional, which is made pretty obvious in Ep 4.

Anyway, I think Battler was actually Kyrie's child and Ange was Asumu's. Both Ange and Battler are 18, so agewise it fits perfectly. I can't really piece it all together, so it's kind of a scattered theory, but I think I'm on the right track. Like, for some reason Kinzo never seems to mention Ange when talking about his grandchildren and she doesn't have a spot at the dinner table. In Episode 1 it's kind of understandable maybe as the writer just not having the foresight at that point, with the scope of everything. But it's the same thing in Episode 4, which gets a bit strange.

So yeah.
Ange is confirmed to be 6 during 1986 and 18 during 1998. Although it's still possible, but that would mean Asumu would have given birth to Ange before dying and Kyrie faked being pregnant with Ange - the latter sounds odd though.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 19:25   Link #1172
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
Ange is confirmed to be 6 during 1986 and 18 during 1998. Although it's still possible, but that would mean Asumu would have given birth to Ange before dying and Kyrie faked being pregnant with Ange - the latter sounds odd though.
Ummm... wouldn't Battler notice if Asumu was pregnant? ^^;

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 19:42   Link #1173
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Ummm... wouldn't Battler notice if Asumu was pregnant? ^^;
Yeah that too :x
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 20:24   Link #1174
Volcanic
fire of fires

Actually, this theory might work:

The one we know as Battler: Kyrie's kid.
The one we know as 1998 Ange: Asumu's kid.
The one we know as 1986 Ange: Kyrie's second kid.

1998 Ange was somehow raised in Hinamizawa by Amakusa, Kasai's cousin delusional and thought she was, well, 1998 Ange, and her family had been murdered. She got someone else from Kasai's family to drive her to somehow got to Rokkenjima and yeah, all the freaky Meta-World stuff happened. She had the delusions of the Stakes, Maria and all that jazz before this, of course.

So yeah.

(Now I must work on my own crazy theory xD)
Old 2009-08-12, 22:12   Link #1175
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

The pending release of Episode 5 is having me worried. There are a few threads where new Episode content can be posted without warning for the ones waiting for the translation (music thread, experienced vn readers thread, etc.). Yes, there are spoiler tags, but I'm still worried. Being spoiled that Maria died in the 2nd twilight was a big spoiler to me when it was posted back then.

Ah, at this rate I'm avoiding the potential threads when Ep.5 comes out this weekend.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 22:15   Link #1176
IcecoldAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
The pending release of Episode 5 is having me worried. There are a few threads where new Episode content can be posted without warning for the ones waiting for the translation (music thread, experienced vn readers thread, etc.). Yes, there are spoiler tags, but I'm still worried. Being spoiled that Maria died in the 2nd twilight was a big spoiler to me when it was posted back then.

Ah, at this rate I'm avoiding the potential threads when Ep.5 comes out this weekend.
Block this site and 4chan until translation is out?
IcecoldAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 23:20   Link #1177
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Quote:

Instead of answering the questions of the question arcs one by one like in Higurashi, they'll apparently continue to tell the story while delving deeper into the core of the mystery.

So I guess they should be called the "Latter Arcs"...or as I like to call them, the "Core Arcs".
Wait... So if those don't actually answer our questions, does that mean there'll be answer arcs after the core arcs, or will the story end without us finding out how everything's resolved? (pleasepleaseplease don't be the latter DX)

Then again, maybe it'll give us the answers while being more subtle about it..
Old 2009-08-12, 23:28   Link #1178
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hareoic View Post
Wait... So if those don't actually answer our questions, does that mean there'll be answer arcs after the core arcs, or will the story end without us finding out how everything's resolved? (pleasepleaseplease don't be the latter DX)

Then again, maybe it'll give us the answers while being more subtle about it..
I kinda remember that Ryukishi said in an interview that he won't be giving the answers. He would give "hints" that would confirm theories for those who are in the right track, and give clues to those who are lost.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 03:13   Link #1179
tcaz2

It'll probably be something like 'I'm not going to out right tell you, but it'll make sense in the end'.
tcaz2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 03:44   Link #1180
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I kinda remember that Ryukishi said in an interview that he won't be giving the answers. He would give "hints" that would confirm theories for those who are in the right track, and give clues to those who are lost.
I heard something different, about how "He will give us all of the answers, but he doesn’t want to give them Higurashi style, with the culprit appearing out of nowhere."

Your answer makes so much more sense though. Obviously only the people who see things a certain way are privy to enter the Truth Club.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote