Notices

Old 2014-11-16, 20:49   Link #601
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
Spoiler for Embarrassing & Cheesy:
Yeah, the way they executed on this part of the story was just plain awful. That all happened in a span of seconds.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 19:46   Link #602
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Another wait for all of us. Can't wait for December.

Even until this day, I still wonder why TOEI still make SMC bi-weekly. But aww well.

Still trying to get used to the Shittenou x Senshi canon pairs as well. I am in-between of loving or hating it.
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 19:59   Link #603
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartlessEponine View Post
Still trying to get used to the Shittenou x Senshi canon pairs as well. I am in-between of loving or hating it.
No in-between for me. Definitely do not like it, especially how it was executed. I get the idea. It's "neat" and 'ships everyone in season one. But it's "too" neat.

I am not against the senshi having love interests; in fact I don't like the exchange in the manga between two of the inners that basically forecloses them from ever having love interests. But this is just kinda ridiculous. I'd rather see them develop interests individually, even if you only ever get glimpses of the interests since the main story is really Usagi/Mamoru.

Old 2014-11-18, 20:08   Link #604
Underworld

New sales
Quote:
Blu-ray
*1. 9,239 *9,239 Mouretsu Pirates: Abyss of Hyperspace Limited Edition
*2. 6,037 *6,037 Persona 4 The Golden Animation Vol.3 Limited Edition
*3. 2,731 *2,731 Bishoujo Senshi Sailor Moon: Crystal Vol.2 Limited Edition
*4. 1,501 18,446 The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls: Animation First Set Limited Edition
*5. 1,052 44,254 Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Vol.5 Special Limited Edition
*6. *,604 *8,704 Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's Blu-ray BOX
*7. *,447 *2,345 Crayon Shin-chan Movie 22: Gachinko! Gyakushuu no Robo To-chan
*8. *,368 49,457 Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Vol.4 Special Limited Edition
*9. *,303 17,677 Sword Art Online II Vol.1 Limited Edition
10. *,301 32,656 Monogatari Series: Second Season "Hanamonogatari" Vol.2 Suruga Devil Part 2 Limited Edition
11. *,243 68,632 The iDOLM@STER Movie: Kagayaki no Mukougawa e! Limited Edition (incl. The iDOLM@STER: Shiny Festa)
12. *,240 *7,860 Persona 4 The Golden Animation Vol.2 Limited Edition
13. *,205 *2,174 Slam Dunk Blu-ray Collection Vol.3
14. *,204 *4,857 Precure All Stars New Stage 3: Eien no Tomodachi Special Edition
15. *,203 13,166 Tamako Love Story
16. *,201 55,741 Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Vol.2 Special Limited Edition
17. *,196 49,575 Love Live! School Idol Project 2nd Season Vol.3 Special Limited Edition
Damn already 25% dpwn since the first realise. I hope Toei has luck in merchendise
Underworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-18, 21:59   Link #605
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld View Post
New sales

Damn already 25% dpwn since the first realise. I hope Toei has luck in merchendise
This title is streamed. They're making money off it. Those sets aren't meant for mass consumption so they won't sell a lot of them.
Old 2014-11-19, 17:37   Link #606
HeartlessEponine
~Love and Fire~

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I get the idea. It's "neat" and 'ships everyone in season one. But it's "too" neat.
Yeah true that is why I am completely neutral about it. (Regardless of how many official art Takeuchi made for them)

Quote:
the exchange in the manga between two of the inners that basically forecloses them from ever having love interests.
I would like to admit that is one of the things that got me glued into the series when I was a kid. Back then, I really find it cute that they were all super close with each other that I they don't need boys to revolve their entire lives in. When I got to read the SM manga, I did notice the subtext between the inners
Spoiler for especially between:
it was almost to the point that it was between subtle or overboard canon.

But it's good that in the manga, the only relation that was really focused in almost 3/4 of the time is Mamoru and Usagi.

Spoiler for but guh...:
HeartlessEponine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 17:58   Link #607
orion

Well, it's unrealistic for teens not to eventually have significant others especially with Usagi getting a boyfriend. The "Inner Senshi can't have boyfriends" sounds like otaku pandering to me.
Old 2014-11-19, 18:13   Link #608
Pablete
Banned

Add too that the weird editor Naoko had, the way she portrayed him made me think of him as an otaku.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 18:30   Link #609
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well, it's unrealistic for teens not to eventually have significant others especially with Usagi getting a boyfriend. The "Inner Senshi can't have boyfriends" sounds like otaku pandering to me.
No, it's not that. It's that all of them get a "boyfriend" at the same time, and they all happen to be the guys who they used to have feelings for way back in their previous lives, blah blah blah.... basically, no. It's just contrived, and the way it's executed is about as graceful and elegant as a rhino with a sledgehammer. Maybe if there were more episodes to flesh out the past lives and past relationships. But this? It's incredibly awkward. (Especially since we know that they're not even staying together.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 18:33   Link #610
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
No, it's not that. It's that all of them get a "boyfriend" at the same time, and they all happen to be the guys who they used to have feelings for way back in their previous lives, blah blah blah.... basically, no. It's just contrived, and the way it's executed is about as graceful and elegant as a rhino with a sledgehammer. Maybe if there were more episodes to flesh out the past lives and past relationships. But this? It's incredibly awkward. (Especially since we know that they're not even staying together.)
The boys were cute, convenient and available. Every time Usagi came down, the girls got to see their boyfriends without much effort. I can believe it happening.
Old 2014-11-19, 20:52   Link #611
JagdPanther

Quote:
That's an interesting way of putting it. I can see what you mean.

I always preferred to think that they would eventually have love interests or that something hinted at in an episode/chapter would become more long-term.

Old 2014-11-19, 21:12   Link #612
Zoe

Quote:
The way I see it, it's premature to criticize them for putting everyone in a relationship. Nobody is in a relationship at this point. Their relationships were in the past. The senshi are different people now. We have no idea if Crystal is even going to keep the generals alive, much less have everyone pick up where things left off.

Nobody criticizes the Serenity and Endymion relationship when we have absolutely zero idea how they got together and how it played out.

Criticize the relationships for being undeveloped/undeserved when they actually happen.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-19, 21:16   Link #613
Pablete
Banned

This.

Isn't happening but showing their past but the single thought of them getting paired scares/disturbs them like otaku do when their waifu gets paired with a male coughKannagicough.
Pablete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 02:16   Link #614
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablete View Post

This.

Isn't happening but showing their past but the single thought of them getting paired scares/disturbs them like otaku do when their waifu gets paired with a male coughKannagicough.
Oh come on. Seriously? Anyone who criticizes this particular plot development is a creepy otaku now? (What if I told you that I'm not a guy and even if I was the type to be "scared/disturbed" of female characters getting male partners, which I'm not, I'm not nearly invested enough in this show or the characters for that?)

I'm criticizing the plot development, the idea behind it, and the execution of it so far. To me it's flawed and nothing the story does could make it better (short of the girls actually getting together and staying together with the guys in this life, but we all know it's not going to happen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Nobody criticizes the Serenity and Endymion relationship when we have absolutely zero idea how they got together and how it played out.
Then again, if I started criticizing the Mamoru/Usagi relationship (that is the direct result of the Serenity/Endymion relationship) I'd be here all day, so....
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 07:17   Link #615
orion

Quote:

I'm criticizing the plot development, the idea behind it, and the execution of it so far. To me it's flawed and nothing the story does could make it better (short of the girls actually getting together and staying together with the guys in this life, but we all know it's not going to happen).
How do you know? Those guys surviving could be the plot twist that makes this version different from the original animation. They could survive but with memory loss.
Old 2014-11-20, 10:44   Link #616
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

No one criticised the development of Serenity/Endymion? Since when? I know I have. And I've seen plenty of others do it.

Criticising a badly presented/handled/written plot development makes you a creepy, insecure otaku and male?

Really? Seriously? I don't even...

The problem isn't them falling for someone, the problem is the execution and how convenient it is. For example... it would make more sense that... say... Venus had a thing for Kunzite, but so did, say, Mercury. It's not that Zoisite had a thing for Mercury, but she wasn't interested in a boyfriend at this point in her life. Or that Jupiter fell for a boy on earth who was, say, an ordinary citizen. People aren't breeding stock, they don't neatly get it on with exactly the guy they've been alloted.
Everyone conveniently fell for the available guy and they for them. And they all conveniently serve Endymion, while they serve Serenity. Neat! Practical! And completely unbelievable. There's just no way, except for miracle romance.

It's also the regressionary aspect. 20 years ago, girls were good friends and did their own thing without requiring a guy to consider themselves complete. Boys are nice, but friends and duty first.
Nowadays, girls need to be neatly paired up with the most "convenient and hot guy available" to be considered "realistic"? Ouch.
And this is anime only, but Kotono was anime only and they've kept her, so... yeah, I preferred the Kunzite/Zoisite pairing to 5xmiracle romance.

So yep... the handling of romance in this show feels like a step backwards to me.
Old 2014-11-20, 19:33   Link #617
Konja9

Well, in my opinion, the way the romance between Sailor and Shitenou was developed in Crystal is terrible. The whole situation was extremly forced.

I would haven't problem with the 5 Sailors get a boyfriend, I wouldn't even have problems with the romance between Sailors and Shitennous (though it is too convenient) if the romance had been managed in a better way and be less forced (which is impossible if they follow act by act to the manga).
Konja9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 20:33   Link #618
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faerie View Post
<snip>
The problem isn't them falling for someone, the problem is the execution and how convenient it is. For example... it would make more sense that... say... Venus had a thing for Kunzite, but so did, say, Mercury. It's not that Zoisite had a thing for Mercury, but she wasn't interested in a boyfriend at this point in her life. Or that Jupiter fell for a boy on earth who was, say, an ordinary citizen. People aren't breeding stock, they don't neatly get it on with exactly the guy they've been alloted.
Everyone conveniently fell for the available guy and they for them. And they all conveniently serve Endymion, while they serve Serenity. Neat! Practical! And completely unbelievable. There's just no way, except for miracle romance.
<snip>
I see nothing wrong with going with what's available. It's convenient. They see their bfs when Serenity goes to Earth to see her bf. Serenity has something more to talk about with the Inner Senshi. Shoujo stories have convenient pairings as well as convoluted triangles. Convenient pairings avoids all the drama and lets us get back to the story faster imo.
Old 2014-11-20, 21:48   Link #619
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
I see nothing wrong with going with what's available. It's convenient. They see their bfs when Serenity goes to Earth to see her bf. Serenity has something more to talk about with the Inner Senshi. Shoujo stories have convenient pairings as well as convoluted triangles. Convenient pairings avoids all the drama and lets us get back to the story faster imo.
Yeah, but let's say Mars was also into Kunzite...
He's not available so "moving on to the next one until it's a match" ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-20, 22:02   Link #620
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Yeah, but let's say Mars was also into Kunzite...
He's not available so "moving on to the next one until it's a match" ?
Well they're all good looking guys so best to move on to who's available than causing problems within the team.

Tags
mahou shoujo, remake, sailor moon