AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-11, 17:19   Link #41
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I get racisim and xenofobia. But maybe when the target of those things are the only ones standing between you and a horrible death you turn it down a notch. I've seen this in anime before, and ONLY in anime. Is this a Japanese thing?

Yeah, people hated mutants in X-Men, for example. But that was justifed since for every good mutant there was an evil one. But here? You're hating on something that was literally created to keep you alive. It makes no sense and seems very forced, as in it's only there to pile on some more suffering.
probably not everyone knews about it, about that girls being the weapons, remember they called then the "non" animal peoples(forget the right word), for that peoples they where just the "hated peoples" which they must avoid at all cost not the "weapons to protect them", even when they learned which the guy living with them also is one of the non beast they get surprised.

and remember not everyone act like that, as we see in the tavern the guy had his beast good friend and the others beasts around don't looked like bothered with him, this means which only a part of the peoples act like that, the typical "irrational villagers, while not everyone is like that some are and that ones are the annoying ones.
Old 2017-04-11, 17:23   Link #42
Arya

Well, well, very good and interesting start. Loved it. It slightly reminded of Grimgar and it's a good sign.Surprised to hear Simon & Garfunkel Scarborough Fair that fit pretty well giving the right mood.
I wonder if I better forget about the girl who jumped during that likely a flashback in the beginning.
Reading the comments it seems I have to prepare myself. Still it seems that the next episode will be more of a daily live kind of episode.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 17:25   Link #43
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, well, very good and interesting start. Loved it. It slightly reminded of Grimgar and it's a good sign.Surprised to hear Simon & Garfunkel Scarborough Fair that fit pretty well giving the right mood.
I wonder if I better forget about the girl who jumped during that likely a flashback in the beginning.
Reading the comments it seems I have to prepare myself. Still it seems that the next episode will be more of a daily live kind of episode.
i really get a bad vibing for grimar and i really hop this serie is not like that serie i really disliked the horrible ultra slowmotion pace, where you get like 40 to 60% o the episode just showing background and not even animations happen, i love SOL animes but grimgar really forced the things in being too "booooring even for a SOL.

about the girl jumping, unless i'm bad in vision she is the blue hair girl or main girl, just with her hair in another color, maybe that is her "enrage mode".
Old 2017-04-11, 17:42   Link #44
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
i really get a bad vibing for grimar and i really hop this serie is not like that serie i really disliked the horrible ultra slowmotion pace, where you get like 40 to 60% o the episode just showing background and not even animations happen, i love SOL animes but grimgar really forced the things in being too "booooring even for a SOL.

about the girl jumping, unless i'm bad in vision she is the blue hair girl or main girl, just with her hair in another color, maybe that is her "enrage mode".
Well, I loved Grimar, but I understand you found it too slow. The similarities I felt are related just to the atmospheric mood created by the music, but I don't think it will be like that. Grimgar was indeed, let's say, peculiar.
Speaking of the girls, even if the possibility of her being the same girl, for some reason I took that scene as a flashback, so I dismissed my first thought. But yeah, you seems to be right in that. Her lines also match with the ones she gave later, during the "farewell". I'm referring about her being seemingly overly thankful for the memories she made during the day thanks to the MC encounter.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2017-04-11, 18:02   Link #45
Draco Spirit

So judging by the opening scene... possible Yandere with a almost certain chance this will get really really nasty before the end!

... Yup this seem to hit similar buttons to Re Zero, totally a keeper.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 18:07   Link #46
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Well, I loved Grimar, but I understand you found it too slow. The similarities I felt are related just to the atmospheric mood created by the music, but I don't think it will be like that. Grimgar was indeed, let's say, peculiar.
Speaking of the girls, even if the possibility of her being the same girl, for some reason I took that scene as a flashback, so I dismissed my first thought. But yeah, you seems to be right in that. Her lines also match with the ones she gave later, during the "farewell". I'm referring about her being seemingly overly thankful for the memories she made during the day thanks to the MC encounter.
what make me think like that was, at first i was thinking too which the beginner was a sort of flashback then after they go back in time i understood which it not was a flashback but a "spoiler for the future" and the anime itself is a flashback to show the events which lead to that point, the thing which tied the things for me was the "blond girl in the ground with the pool blood in the beginner on the scene where the girl was waking to jump, that blond little girl is the girl which attacked mc with the wooden sword, that is when i noticed which the red hair girl could be the same as the blue girl, if not her a twin or clone ro something like that but based on the beginner and her speech it's pretty much the blue hair girl in a sort of enrage/berserker mode, that battle on the beginner instead of a flashback from the past was actually what gonna happen inthe future as you can see how the mc look much more like the guy dying in the beginner than how he looked in the end in the pos credit scenes which was the true "flashback".
Old 2017-04-11, 18:41   Link #47
Shadow5YA

I don't get why they can manage to make nonhuman races look nonhuman like Grick but they can't do that for Niagrat/Nygglatho who is a troll. Normally I don't mind moe character designs, and I certainly don't mind it for the children, but Niagrat's design is definitely out of place. I don't care what the original novel illustrations are.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 20:27   Link #48
bakato

So if I understand things correctly, the beginning was a flashforward. Glenn is holding a girl while falling. Holly (I'm jsut gonna call her that) has red hair and looks like she's brainwashed while walking off the ship while everyone, including Grick dammit, is fighting for their lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't get why they can manage to make nonhuman races look nonhuman like Grick but they can't do that for Niagrat/Nygglatho who is a troll. Normally I don't mind moe character designs, and I certainly don't mind it for the children, but Niagrat's design is definitely out of place. I don't care what the original novel illustrations are.
Hey, I'm all for sexy trolls and rough, but nice guys like Grick.

Last edited by bakato; 2017-04-11 at 20:57.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 21:12   Link #49
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

So another furry planet where humans are hated with just so few of them left Well thats one way to meet everyone

Was that right is Willem over 500 years old
Old 2017-04-11, 21:47   Link #50
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So if I understand things correctly, the beginning was a flashforward. Glenn is holding a girl while falling. Holly (I'm jsut gonna call her that) has red hair and looks like she's brainwashed while walking off the ship while everyone, including Grick dammit, is fighting for their lives.
Actually another relevant detail of those 30 secs at the beginning is how her eyes lost the light inside them.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-11, 22:06   Link #51
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
So judging by the opening scene... possible Yandere with a almost certain chance this will get really really nasty before the end!

I'm confused as to where you got the possible yandere part from.
Old 2017-04-12, 00:13   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well that was ok?

Certainly going around waving the flag of tragedy like there is no tomorrow. But that's about all I can really take from this first episode. Well that and kind of sucks for humanity that apparently we got wiped out. Also appears the MC's life has been and will continue to be a living hell.
Old 2017-04-12, 00:14   Link #53
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draco Spirit View Post
This is absolutely nothing like rezero. I don't know what in this show would even remind of it.
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 00:23   Link #54
AB079
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
This is absolutely nothing like rezero. I don't know what in this show would even remind of it.
Maybe because you hate Re:Zero with your life, as you proved on those threads for weeks. Also what people is trying to say is about how different scenes gives you the vibes that something is gotta go wrong at any time, just look at the first 30 secs of this episode, and Re:Zero was constantly teasing the viewers in that way. Other people find this similar to Black Bullet too.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 00:26   Link #55
IceHism

what a beautiful adaption so far.
10/10

also Scarborough Fair felt very fitting.

I had a 99% confidence that this would be my aots
now i'm pretty sure it is.

Last edited by IceHism; 2017-04-12 at 00:42.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 01:42   Link #56
Applehell

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
That war was over 500 years ago - thats the joke.
"Boy, times sure have changed! Back in my days we..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
yeah that party annoyed me too, the first time she called herself a troll i was more like "ok she is a "internet troll" and was more like a joke then she keep calling herself a troll then the "fang" appear, then i go to wow..., she is a troll because she have a little more long fang O,o, what really a "troll", that really not get too well on me, could be more easy to accept if she had told which she is a vampire or a "elf" or something more "demi-human but a race which overal really look different from human from color to others traits that was really weird this is gonna be forever the "japanese problem" of the "moe is justice" and almost every female character must look like a hot young/teen girl or loli even milfs , that aways gonna be the otaku market problem..
Yeah, that matched my thoughts when first heard her say "troll" until I realized she meant it literally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Dresden View Post
I'm pretty Draco meant the show hitting the right notes for him terms of appeal and execution. He wasn't making a direct comparison otherwise I think.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 02:04   Link #57
Harry Dresden
Paranoid Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applehell View Post
I'm pretty Draco meant the show hitting the right notes for him terms of appeal and execution. He wasn't making a direct comparison otherwise I think.
Hmm yeah that could make more sense because I really don't see that much in common between this and Rezero otherwise. This is not isekai, this is not a harem or action show, hell this is entirely different genre and is shot in a different way to boot.

In terms of execution I guess I could see it sharing sense of dread albeit for me SukaSuka's sense of impending doom and melancholy feels a lot more natural and less "fabricated for hype".
Harry Dresden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 02:22   Link #58
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2017-04-12 at 03:00.
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-12, 03:08   Link #59
Arya

I didn't last much with Re:zero, but I can't see much resemblance in any aspect. I'd say I find some similarities with Black Bullet especially for the kids, their circumstances and the way they are treated, as kids and not loli. Also, the MC both seem likable and fitting the universe they are in, instead of just be random guys.

Back to the premise, it's interesting the malice with how the story put the MC in the same context of before, may we call it his previous life? , basically an orphanage with another female counterpart, but with some "slight" differences (well, apparently the roles seem reversed, since he said he can't kill or do anything of the sort, even if he displayed to have some CQC skills, while the girls are the weapons ).

The only difference from before is the sexy troll lady, that while I can agree with the complains about her appearance and I see them as mostly justified (even if personally I don't care), on the other hand it seems quite fitting for a human / human children predator to has such a mixture of alluring but even motherly appearance. Not sure if that was intentional though.

Old 2017-04-12, 04:30   Link #60
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
I just realized how much this must suck. The MC will have to watch the girls go off and fight and maybe die while knowing that he himself is much stronger then any of them but is completely unable to actually fight.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, light novel adaptation, post apocalyptic, science fiction, tragedy