1 out of 10 : Painful 3 0.88%
Voters: 339. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-18, 21:31   Link #521
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Actually, you word things to make it hard to understand.

Perhaps you're overreacting?
Explain: My posts seem perfectly clear and understandable to me. What's incomprehensible about my post in this thread?

And, no, I'm not overreacting when the guy has been acting like a deranged fanboy whenever I've posted in every episode discussion to date.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:32   Link #522
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
If the flaws in this event aren't apparent to you by now, then there really is no point in me explaining why, via a paper map, this event is about a 1 quadrillion:1 chance.

So I'm just going to stop here and enjoy the fact that there is at least one person on the planet who knows less about the nautical world than I do.
haha i totally agree, no offense to the kang sung jae guy...but he's the exact type of guy Sunrise aims at

edit:
Most importantly, i just feel that if we all come to terms with the fact that, yes, sunrise is doing a cr@pload of fanservice (for money too?), it'll be hard to find an anime that's actually geared towards being excellent in every aspect...making anime is someone's living, and so, when people get desperate...well this is what happens. But if we accept this fact, i guess it's easier to watch S2 without getting all pissed
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:32   Link #523
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
3)...what good is it to throw insults at eachother over the interweb?
See, the difference between me and most other people (at least this is how I feel about the subject) is that I don't act differently online. I won't say something here that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

The internet just gives people the ability to say stuff to people that they'd never be man (or woman) enough to say to someone else in the real world.

Hence the internet = insult heaven.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:35   Link #524
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maes Hughes View Post
Explain: My posts seem perfectly clear and understandable to me. What's incomprehensible about my post in this thread?

And, no, I'm not overreacting when the guy has been acting like a deranged fanboy when I post in every episode discussion to date.
Of course they are understandable to you. You wrote them. I understand them just fine though.

Calling him a deranged fanboy is not really correct. KS just thinks you go a bit too far with your criticism. It's just an opinion.

I've only been slightly disappointed really, but I made sure not to set my hopes to high since that always leads to disappointment in the end.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:36   Link #525
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:

And, no, I'm not overreacting when the guy has been acting like a deranged fanboy whenever I've posted in every episode discussion to date.
Aren't you that one who is clearly acting like a fanboy.

*lurks*
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:37   Link #526
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

He can have his opinion, I don't care. What I do care about is that the guy insists on posting about me and attacking my opinion whenever I post - He's seriously annoying.

Don't like my opinion? Ignore me.
Old 2008-05-18, 21:37   Link #527
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
See, the difference between me and most other people (at least this is how I feel about the subject) is that I don't act differently online. I won't say something here that I wouldn't say to someone's face.

The internet just gives people the ability to say stuff to people that they'd never be man (or woman) enough to say to someone else in the real world.

Hence the internet = insult heaven.
yeah don't get me wrong, i totally understand the internet flaming concept...just trying to throw that out there so that (hopefully) some people will think before they start flaming away

then again, reading all those funny/somewhat witty comments make my day
Old 2008-05-18, 21:38   Link #528
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
It seemed way too forced to me. I'm expected to believe that seeing some filler characters at filler academy was enough to make Lelouch snap out of his depression/insanity? It didn't come across as believable.
You are entitled to your opinion I suppose.

It was fine to me. He came to realise that Nunnally isn't the only reason he is doing what he was doing, and for their sake he has to go on.

Quote:
Also, you misunderstood me: I refer to anything involving Ashford as filler.
So a little "slice of life" action to flesh out all the character's personality = filler ?

I find those parts fairly enjoyable. A nice break from the high tension of the series.

You know I don't know, anime is highly character driven.
If you don't care about such stuff and just want to see stuff blown up, I suggest stuff like Quake 4.
Old 2008-05-18, 21:38   Link #529
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Don't like his opinion? Ignore him
Old 2008-05-18, 21:38   Link #530
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
If the flaws in this event aren't apparent to you by now, then there really is no point in me explaining why, via a paper map, this event is about a 1 quadrillion:1 chance.

So I'm just going to stop here and enjoy the fact that there is at least one person on the planet who knows less about the nautical world than I do.
Perhaps that someone who seems knows less about the nautical world than you do does know more about the resource layouts/physics of his side of the world.

I should stop before I should like a snob.

Quote:
haha i totally agree, no offense to the kang sung jae guy...but he's the exact type of guy Sunrise aims at
No offense received, although I disagree on the basic thoughts.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:38   Link #531
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

@maes

just ignore him too...but i still find it funny how everyone seems to be sticking up for the other gun and bashing you.

im not taking any side
Old 2008-05-18, 21:39   Link #532
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Someone else on another forum has said the same thing. I've only watched EP5 once, so it's possible I overlooked it, but I don't recall Lelouch giving any orders involving a submarine appearing when Kallen is falling to her death... What part of EP5 did this order take place?
He had her on the way, but he acted a little too soon for her to catch up appropirately because he wanted to rescue his sister as soon as possible maybe? And another thing, the whole scenario with the Guren was already mentioned to have been practiced and studied by Kallen during the fall. If you had enough sense, you'd see that for mid-air combat this would probably be the most expedient and viable means to refit the Guren should it get taken down while in combat now that she has a float system

Quote:
It seemed way too forced to me. I'm expected to believe that seeing some filler characters at fill academy was enough to make Lelouch snap out of his depression/insanity? It didn't come across as believable.

Also, you misunderstood me: I refer to anything involving Ashford as filler.
You don't look at it from the context of the story at all do you? Did you even pay attention during episode 12, 13, and 14 honestly? These 'filler' characters mean something to Lelouch so while they might not be important to the overall plot they are important for his character and from his perspective, so yes what they did can believably create enough of an impact to help him recover.

I was right, shortsightedness really is your strong suit isn't it Maes? <_<

Quote:
1: There are many people who bash anyone who goes against the opinion of the majority, commonly known as fanboys.
2: I seem to word things in a way that leads others to believe I'm pushing my opinion on them. I simply prefer not to add "In my opinion" to the beginning of every sentence.
3: KrimzonStriker is an idiot.

Someone suggested that Sunrise have increased the amount of fan service to make up for them not being able to go as far as they could in S1 due to their new timeslot. I personally believe Sunrise are simply desperate for higher ratings.

The fan service really has been excessive so far. Hopefully, one the shit hits the fan towards the end, we'll see much less.
1. If you came up with something that wasn't close to whining and actually made critical reviews you might not have such a rough time since a valid argument wouldn't have so many holes in it

2. After all that pointless typing you get lazy on that? What fantastic priorities you have, it really speaks of how come your so focused on the fan-service instead of everything else. I take it none of your works must have much substance if they would even require you to write 'in my opinion' for all of them

3. I'll take that as a compliment as an idiot who has such an introverted logic must have meant it in that context when he calls me an idiot

Or maybe if you stopped obsessing over it the fan-service wouldn't be such a problem. It lasts for a few seconds most of the time and yet it eats up about your entire posts, maybe that should tell you about where you should focus your eyes on next time
Old 2008-05-18, 21:39   Link #533
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
He can have his opinion, I don't care. What I do care about is that the guy insists on posting about me and attacking my opinion whenever I post - He's seriously annoying.

Learn how to accept people's criticism.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:40   Link #534
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Perhaps that someone who seems knows less about the nautical world than you do does know more about the resource layouts/physics of his side of the world.

I should stop before I should like a snob.

No offense received, although I disagree on the basic thoughts.
well i guess what im trying to say is, Sunrise would probably prefer those who do NOT question the plotholes and terribly TERRIBLY perfect timing lelouche has
Old 2008-05-18, 21:41   Link #535
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
well i guess what im trying to say is, Sunrise would probably prefer those who do NOT question the plotholes and terribly TERRIBLY perfect timing lelouche has
What Anime company wouldn't?
Old 2008-05-18, 21:42   Link #536
Var
Banned

Quote:
What book or story, ever, has not had perfect timing? I'm willing to say that just about everyone of them can be said to have had either perfect timing or blatant deus ex machina.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:42   Link #537
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, Taniguchi would rather not have that happen. He's the one in charge after all.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:42   Link #538
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Learn how to accept people's criticism.
I have done for many weeks, ignoring all his posts aimed at me. Instead of taking the hint, he kept on aiming posts at me and attempting to piss me off. As much as I like attention, I don't want a male Geasstard stalking me wherever I go.

He simply wants me to stop posting because he believes it's impossible for my opinion to be correct and that I'm somehow determined to hate Code Geass.
Old 2008-05-18, 21:43   Link #539
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Given that Lelouch was supposed to be a strategic master, I would suppose that he would have researched all the areas that the Black Knights are supposed to be hiding.

The only perfect timing I see is his appearing in the scenes by the skin of people's teeth.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-18, 21:43   Link #540
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

yep haha.

idk i still find code geass S2 to be pretty amusing, same goes for alot of the other animes out there. I just don't get my hopes too high, and accept what's thrown at me..sorta

maybe it's cuz i haven't watched enough good animes to get really picky, but i don't mind most of the flaws with code geass. Anime is supposed to be different from our world, just a form of entertainment.