AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valkyria Chronicles

Notices

View Poll Results: Valkyria Chronicles - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 13 29.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 27.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 29.55%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.27%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.27%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 4.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-14, 13:32   Link #81
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
*Raises hand*
Question, did the two actually hold their hands like that in Ep19 in the game? (Before the confession, obviously)
To be honest, unlike the post-mission video I watched upon this stage in the game, Welkin DID actually take a step to hold Alicia's hand. Yeah, we all want that "Epic of Epic" confession on the field, but this sign (different from the game) is pretty clear.

Oh, and I want to quote a single well-known baddie if just for some laughs:
Spoiler:
Old 2009-08-14, 14:07   Link #82
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
There was a timeskip announced. I think it was from the funeral about 3 weeks after Isaras death in episode 18 and how the mood was in Squad 7.
They're 6 months into the war by this point so it's clear a LOT has been skipped. Some episodes imply it by saying, "battles are taking a toll on the squad's morale," or something to that effect, yet obviously we've seen no battles.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-08-14, 16:04   Link #83
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post

Of course soldiers smile after a vicotry on many ocassions. However you wouldn't smile if one of your friends died don't you think? That is if you care about your friends.
I would, there was enough mourning shown already and I wouldn't want to see it drag along. Squad 7 just recaptured Bruhl and it was an emotional win.

Quote:
Love can blossom anywhere but that rarely happens especially during times of war. Or maybe that's because there weren't any male foot soldiers aroun...But I doubt you'll be thinking about love while killing people.
That's a bit unrealistic. That's why you hear about the horrors of war and stuff like that from veterans - because it really is horrible seing people get blow to bits,dying, screaming for help,and scenes like that.You can't really go smiling happily after a scene like that.
I don't think the creators were going for the full blown realistic war story. Heck the love story part is probably more realistic then the war part.

Quote:

And after you lose a family member you can't move on that fast.You let it out times and times again but that doesn't hel that much (persoanl expirience speaking) And we know that this was Welkin's last family member so it was really though on him.
Welkin has mopped around long enough for a 24 ep? series. Besides different people react differently towards death. He mopped for an entire episode or two until Alicia along with recapturing Bruhl, got him to let it all out and helped him get back to becoming his old self. You can't mopped around forever, the anime must go on.

Maybe you want to see Welkin mope around longer but I rather have the creators advance the story. It's like watching Naruto, Bleach, or DBZ and having them explain every move to drag on fights as long as possible

Hero: "Wait I haven't shown my real powers"
Villian: "Oh yea I haven't shown my for real real powers"

/repeat.
Old 2009-08-14, 16:14   Link #84
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Even in death Isara continues to be the best character in the series. I was actually quite shocked that Faldio decided right away Alicia was a Valkyria i mean most would be in shock and at least show a little bit of doubt. Oh well looks like we are approaching a major battle. Im still missing Isara but at least there is some new life in the squad.
Old 2009-08-15, 01:11   Link #85
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Oh, and I want to quote a single well-known baddie if just for some laughs:
Spoiler:
Where is that from?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2009-08-15, 01:11   Link #86
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I was actually quite shocked that Faldio decided right away Alicia was a Valkyria i mean most would be in shock and at least show a little bit of doubt.
That would happen in realistic series with good script-writers. Thus, obviously, not in here. Lets just assume that awesome Faldio watched the OP.
Old 2009-08-15, 04:49   Link #87
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Where is that from?
Gym from Turn A Gundam.
Old 2009-08-15, 05:06   Link #88
Joe_fh

my bad...double post...

Last edited by Joe_fh; 2009-08-15 at 16:38.
Old 2009-08-15, 05:10   Link #89
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post
I would, there was enough mourning shown already and I wouldn't want to see it drag along. Squad 7 just recaptured Bruhl and it was an emotional win.
Indeed it was but that's why I said I understood why some characters were happy. Ok why most characters were happy. I wasn't talking about all the squad members but only a few.

Quote:
I don't think the creators were going for the full blown realistic war story. Heck the love story part is probably more realistic then the war part.
It quite obvious they weren't XD
I din't mean it to become a full blown realistic war story but a bit more realistic than it is.

Quote:
Welkin has mopped around long enough for a 24 ep? series. Besides different people react differently towards death. He mopped for an entire episode or two until Alicia along with recapturing Bruhl, got him to let it all out and helped him get back to becoming his old self. You can't mopped around forever, the anime must go on.
It's should be 26 episode I think.You're right though reactions are similar to opinions.There are as many as the number of people^^
Sure you can't.I mean that's life.

Quote:
Maybe you want to see Welkin mope around longer but I rather have the creators advance the story.
I'm for that as well. But from the animes I've seen advancing the story while someone is "moping around" makes for quite an interesting character development. Well that's if it's done right. There are no contradiction in advancing the story and Welkin being emo. In fact a major event would help him overcome that in quite a more reasonable way.

Quote:
It's like watching Naruto, Bleach, or DBZ and having them explain every move to drag on fights as long as possible

Hero: "Wait I haven't shown my real powers"
Villian: "Oh yea I haven't shown my for real real powers"
Man that's annoying as hell. Why do they do that all the time anyways XD
But I don't find it similar to this case^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
That would happen in realistic series with good script-writers. Thus, obviously, not in here. Lets just assume that awesome Faldio watched the OP.
Yes that was a major mistake on the scriptrighter's part. At one point it was quite clear that would happen but that second OP just nailed it down. And Faldio owns the Blu-ray version by now so he even knows what happens in the end.
Old 2009-08-15, 05:41   Link #90
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
In fact a major event would help him overcome that in quite a more reasonable way.
Aaaand... that was the whole point of retaking Bruhl.
Cpt. Varrot specifically gave this mission to Welkin's platoon (and had to go out of her way to beg Gen. Damon for it) to raise moral and remind him what he was fighting for.
Bruhl holds absolutely no strategical significance outside of that.

There's only seven episodes left and a lot to cover. They couldn't brood on that subject forever.

On another note, even though you might be stricken by grief over the loss of a comrade, if you risk your life on a daily basis in the end you're still glad just to be alive.
Reminds me of that WW1 unit where the soldiers would make a money stash before an assault and distribute it to the unwounded survivors after: the dead didn't need it anymore, the wounded were happy enough to be done with war and the money was consolation prize for those who had to fight another day.
Old 2009-08-16, 07:09   Link #91
Father Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
They're 6 months into the war by this point so it's clear a LOT has been skipped. Some episodes imply it by saying, "battles are taking a toll on the squad's morale," or something to that effect, yet obviously we've seen no battles.
I was just referring to Welkins way to overcome the death of Isara and that there was a timeskip inbetween. not for the complete bunch of missing battles which everyone here is referring although you also did not have much battles in the game. except if you take all the 20 rounds or the skirmishes into account.
Old 2009-08-16, 09:04   Link #92
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai View Post
I was just referring to Welkins way to overcome the death of Isara and that there was a timeskip inbetween. not for the complete bunch of missing battles which everyone here is referring although you also did not have much battles in the game. except if you take all the 20 rounds or the skirmishes into account.
I do kinda take the Reports into account. The skirmishes no, because they're just story battles over again, but the reports are written into the storyline.

Even so, we do battle a LOT more in the game, obviously. Every chapter has 1-2 battles.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2009-10-02, 00:31   Link #93
Crontica

From what i've heard so far this will be one anime i'll be avoiding completely, when a characters plot flow gets butchered it is not pretty.
Old 2009-10-02, 10:25   Link #94
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
From what i've heard so far this will be one anime i'll be avoiding completely, when a characters plot flow gets butchered it is not pretty.
It wasn't...