AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-28, 02:06   Link #81
elyK

Of course Clare in an uncontrollable state has yielded some good results as I said. But it all more or less falls in the category of my opinion that I prefer a controlled Clare over an uncontrolled one. I weigh it as Clare being able to relax and put things into perspective; sensing yoki, controlling her quick sword. If she can do that partially awakened, I prefer that over berserk partially awakened Clare. I guess you could say that I would like to see her fight smarter as opposed to bullheaded. Now of course with Priscilla she is out matched regardless but there is no way a bullheaded Clare is going to beat Priscilla before a calm Clare in my opinion of course. To give a perspective of why I said that is I am a huge boxing fan, and I myself box some so I look at claymore fights with a boxing mind; just I said that Alicia was the perfect counter for Riful, etc...
Old 2009-12-28, 02:07   Link #82
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
I am banking 100% on seeing Clare's fully awakened form at some point in the series. And I am about 99% sure it will have all the same elements we saw before. Yup, I am willing to be absolutely wrong about all this.
If that's the case, you'd better lower that very specific number of yours

My odds of her fully-awakening have always been 50/50. Its much higher now that she met Priscilla, and Raki isn't around, but never 100%.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:13   Link #83
zato_1one

Happy new year people! I will go to my home today and probable can't play internet for a week. Just want to check here before I go and wow! New chapter so early. Even though I can't read Jap but it's still more pleasure than what I have to read in these past weeks.

Prissy is a truly Abssal eater. XD
Old 2009-12-28, 02:16   Link #84
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
no need to read japanese.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:18   Link #85
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I don't retreat on these predictions Shiek. Full speed ahead. If I say 50/50 on a prediction that has a yes or no answer, I am not making a prediction at all. I would just be announcing the possibilities. So I will say again we will absolutely see Clare's awakened form and it will have all the elements we saw in Pieta.

@elyK: If an AB is controlled, ie soul link or just fully awakened like Priscilla who stopped eating people, they can be an AB AND level headed. Rubel is worried the partially awakened Claymores are exactly what the organization wanted in the first place. That means he suspects Clare and her gang can do something absolutely phenomenal. I think he suspects they can fully awaken and return by themselves without a soul link. Maybe being level headed is the only way they can manage it.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:21   Link #86
Aimless
Insufficiently Inebriated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
The only reasons she would show up before Clare's group is either she wants to continue snacking, or she senses Teresa inside Clare.
For Clare's, Deneve's and Helen's sake, let's hope it's the later.
Prissy shows up immediately after Clare releases. Odds are, Prissy's there as a result. After all, she ignored Yumi and Cynthia, but went after Alicia and Bethkitty. If I had to guess, she's just chasing down the strong yoki. Bethkitty, then Riful, and next is Clare.

Yumi and Cynthia aren't strong enough to qualify as a blip on her radar. Likely that's true of Helen and Deneve as well, but berserk Clare is a different story.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:22   Link #87
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
I don't retreat on these predictions Shiek. Full speed ahead. If I say 50/50 on a prediction that has a yes or no answer, I am not making a prediction at all. I would just be announcing the possibilities. So I will say again we will absolutely see Clare's awakened form and it will have all the elements we saw in Pieta.
I was about to ask then, if you don't think it's even slightly possible then that we may not see her fully-awakened form, but you seem pretty confident

Problem is, I WANT to see her Awakened form, but I don't want to see her rampaging, which means theirs need to be a way for an Awakened being to possibly revert to a half-awakened state which is all too possible.

After all, I've been believing for a long while now that Priscilla might go under such a reversion.

--

Another possibility is that Claire would fully-awaken, but she may "regain her senses" thanks to Raki like Priscilla did. It may be the same backwards if Raki fully-awakens as well; both of them are what they need to stop eachother from going berserk.

Romantic in a dark sense.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:22   Link #88
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
I too think we might see Clare's awakened form. The no mouth is very symbolic. I still disagree that her form is static.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:24   Link #89
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Been awhile since I been in this part of the forum but I had to take a little jolly jaunt in here as something I noticed was Priscilla was using shunpo?!
while I get there is high speed movement before in CM but in this chapter it just somehow screamed to me "SHUNPO!" especially with the part where she impaled Riful, deja vu?

well throwing that aside, I really hope Riful isn't dead, she's one of my fav characters here and I'd hate to see her go out like this.
First Teresa and now Riful, Priscilla is not really gaining any favor from me in this respect.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:25   Link #90
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Yagi doesn't draw mouths all the time. He likes to just draw the eyes. It's a stylistic thing he does. I've been noticing it for quite a while. If it is symbolic then what is it symbolic of?
Old 2009-12-28, 02:26   Link #91
elyK

Quote:

@elyK: If an AB is controlled, ie soul link or just fully awakened like Priscilla who stopped eating people, they can be an AB AND level headed. Rubel is worried the partially awakened Claymores are exactly what the organization wanted in the first place. That means he suspects Clare and her gang can do something absolutely phenomenal. I think he suspects they can fully awaken and return by themselves without a soul link. Maybe being level headed is the only way they can manage it.
I agree. Self control is the key in my opinion.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:34   Link #92
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Clare's only been drawn like that one time that I remember. but who knows? I could be wrong. To me though, it is a link to Clare's awakening.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:35   Link #93
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Yagi doesn't draw mouths all the time. He likes to just draw the eyes. It's a stylistic thing he does. I've been noticing it for quite a while. If it is symbolic then what is it symbolic of?
It's emotional what it is; eyes(and eyebrows) convey emotions much more then mouths.

People commonly thin their lips and mouths when they get angry; Claire is flipping out, you don't see her mouth at all. Simple
Old 2009-12-28, 02:37   Link #94
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Yeah, Yagi's been drawing characters without faces, mouths, etc since chapter 1 (page 46 just after Clare cuts off the youmas arm). I think it is mostly a stylistic thing.

EDIT: But I do agree the style is there to emphasize something (not always the same thing though, sometimes to be visually vague, sometimes to emphasize emotion etc).
Old 2009-12-28, 02:43   Link #95
elyK

Clare has that "I have rabies" look on her face; regardless of the specifics, that look alone lets you know that something is about to go down.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:44   Link #96
SagaraSouske

So it was Raki's smell that restored parts of Priscilla's memory; she still have partial amnesia. She basically just followed Raki around and suppressed her hunger because to her, Raki's smell is more important then hunger. May be Raki reminded her of her father and she has treated him as such subconsciously. Once Raki is not around, she stopped suppressing her hunger and after not eating for seven years, she is pretty hungry

The way she talked about the two rods sounded like she definite dispatched some hell cats at the village and she pretty much said that the difference in power between her and rods are so great that they cannot effect her.

Seems like when Riful first sensed Priscilla after the Isley/Luci fight, Priscilla also sensed Riful as well.

Also, it seems Clare as human, before she was made into claymore was able to sense Priscilla's youki some how.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:47   Link #97
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Seems like when Riful first sensed Priscilla after the Isley/Luci fight, Priscilla also sensed Riful as well.
Well that goes without saying, but the curious part, is when she didn't seem to remember her.

Even when she was with Isley, their is a very clear distinction drawn between her sadistic side now and when she first awakened, and everything else.

Quote:
Also, it seems Clare as human, before she was made into claymore was able to sense Priscilla's youki some how.
Well, it's been implied for awhile that she has that "sixth sense" that Helen was talking about.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:48   Link #98
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

I think I can totally forgive Priscilla for eating the villiagers. It saved them from becoming destroyer kitty monsters. ... if she did eat them... which she did...
Old 2009-12-28, 02:49   Link #99
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SagaraSouske View Post
I've pointed that out for awhile Clare says so herself at another point in the manga.
Old 2009-12-28, 02:53   Link #100
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
omg Noooodleeeess!!!!

Had anybody form some kind of conjecture why Priscilla abandoned Raki back there if she has somewhat of an emotional attachment to him?
Closed Thread