Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-10-07, 19:33   Link #1801
lateraldeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigon View Post
Nile is pretty much alive.
Nevermind, i thought chapter 49 page 16 was Niles. Fine, all USEFUL named adults are dead or injured .
lateraldeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 19:42   Link #1802
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I see, nice to know my stance here continues to be validated.

Oh I'm not saying he's as smart and perspective as Armin or anything just that Eren's not slouch there. You don't get to ranked the 5th out 100 of your trainee class for being dumb. Furthermore we know he's a guy who likes to read, has doctor for a father who he occasionally companies on medical visits and would rather spend time discussing things with intellectuals like Armin (or Hanji) than playing kickball with other kids. I don't know about you, but that doesn't sound like some neanderthal berserker to me.
Indeed, if he was idiot than he will just rush at people who kidnap Mikasa instead of making plan to attack them
+
I really want to read spoiler....but I guess I'll wait few days...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 22:20   Link #1803
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
Jean can't die (at least not yet) he's like Isayama's favorite character.

Eren discovering his new power of controlling the mindless titans ... that's fucking intense.
Though I do wonder what the drawbacks of that power is because right now I can't think of any.
From the last chapter, it seems like the can give commands to the titans subconsciously. This power is very dangerous and I can see things easily going wrong, especially with Eren's volatile temper. Doesn't matter if he doesn't consciously want to give an order, if he's willing it, apparently that's all it takes.

Consider the following: Eren using his powers on the smiling titan then again on Reiner/Bertholdt was completely unintentional.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 22:21   Link #1804
Preciize
Them Feels~

Just read chapter 50, pretty hectic. Some questions I have:

Did Hannes get killed by the titan that ate Eren's mom? Or was that someone else in its hand? I couldn't tell. If so then damn

Why couldn't Eren transform? Or why did he not?

Why was Reiner saying that Eren is the worst possible person to have the titan shifting ability?

What did Ymir mean when she said that's why Reiner, Berthold, and Annie were after Eren and a future inside the walls is possible?

My heart stopped for a second when Mikasa started thanking Eren for everything. Thought she was going to die.
Old 2013-10-07, 22:31   Link #1805
Mukki

Send a message via AIM to Mukki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courthead View Post
Wow, what a cool chapter![*]Hannes, as horrific as it was, was justifiably downplayed. Ordinarily it would've been regarded as more significant of an event, but in that moment, everything was going to shit. The general atmosphere was that every character sincerely believed they were going to die. Thus, Hannes being eaten alive just seemed like "the beginning" at the time. This will be a lot more obvious when we get to see it animated.[/LIST]
You know, on a sidenote, I can almost guarantee you're going to see tons of people with avatars of Mikasa from that episode when it gets animated. Calling it now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
Just read chapter 50, pretty hectic. Some questions I have:

Did Hannes get killed by the titan that ate Eren's mom? Or was that someone else in its hand? I couldn't tell. If so then damn
Yes. That's why Eren flipped out, that's why Mikasa and Armin were crying at the end of the chapter, and that's also why there was a memorial panel for him at the very end of the chapter.

Why couldn't Eren transform? Or why did he not?
He tried. Look at the panel that shows Eren's hand again, you'll notice two very big bite marks.

Why was Reiner saying that Eren is the worst possible person to have the titan shifting ability?
While we don't know for sure, the general consensus is the fact that Eren's power appears to be subconsciously triggered, which is a perfect setup for a calamity given the volatile nature of Eren's temper.

What did Ymir mean when she said that's why Reiner, Berthold, and Annie were after Eren and a future inside the walls is possible?
Well, the power to manipulate titans is pretty damn powerful. Anything beyond that is speculation which hasn't been solved yet.

My heart stopped for a second when Mikasa started thanking Eren for everything. Thought she was going to die.
I did too man, I did too.
Mukki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-07, 23:03   Link #1806
Preciize
Them Feels~

Ah okay, I read the chapter again, this time with a better understanding of what's going on. It looks like Ymir, Berthold, and Reiner can feel Eren imposing his will on the other titans. I wonder if Eren and the other members of the Recon Corps realize his ability or if it's just Ymir, Reiner, and Berthold in which case it'll be a while before he learns to control it. I remember Annie doing something similar when she was caught in the forest and called out to other titans. Or maybe she just did it to attract them.
Old 2013-10-07, 23:26   Link #1807
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preciize View Post
I remember Annie doing something similar when she was caught in the forest and called out to other titans. Or maybe she just did it to attract them.
Annie was trapped and yelled like a dying animal which is the reason why the Titans went after her.

Titan Shifters are in much danger to mindless Titans as humans.

As there may be an instinctive drive to eat them. Titans tried to eat Eren in Titan form also Bert and Ymir.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 00:46   Link #1808
zibi88

nah annie just attracted them in order to escape... and titans are more attracted to titan shifters maybe becouse they can feel conciousness from them and it just drives them to the desire to beign human once again (eat shifter and you become human yourself)

while eren gave command... kill that titan.... and few sec later attack armor titan

yet I wonder if eren can control the titans in his titan shape or will he need to remain in his human form to control... and titan form to fight... so he would have to make choices... control and be easier to get targeted or turn into titan and hope he winns with all those titans solo.

the question of this power is the area of effect and how many titans he can control... and for how long and from what distance ^^ but still the first order he should give is "dont eat/kill humans".... I wonder if he could go against their nature..... I mean even the ape titan couldnt control 100%... like in the tower arc. he ordered the small titan not to eat the human as he wanted to talk to him.... yet the titan was not listening and still was about to eat that guy... so ape titan had to kill it by smashing it.... so there is a risk one of the titans wont listen

as for next chapter I gues it will start with eren beign at mikasa bed side this time :P she is injured becoue of him so now he watches over her... and like he said from now on they will keep on beign together... so he might decline any orders of going somewhere by saying he will only go if mikasa goes with him....

erwin might talk about what happened to the higher ups... and haji might come up with another experiment of training eren... capture a titan and make eren try to order the titan

so we will slowly enter the arc of eren learning to control that new found power....to later at the end of it face the ape titan.... control vs control

or we will get a chaper where everyone wonders what happened back there that made the titans drop their hunt and attack that other titan then armor... slowly coming to a conclusion that it was erens doing.
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:02   Link #1809
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
So someone posted this on 4chan and I found it on Myanimelist. Don't know if I'm allowed to post it her but Make of it what you will.
Spoiler for Foreshadowing of Eren's power?:
that could explain when R&B&A know about Eren power.
In this chapter it show R&B and Yamir having Newtype flash when Eren give his command so maybe they have it too at that fight
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 11:58   Link #1810
Kiltias

Not sure if mentioned before, but this made me remember how Mikasa became the way she is when Eren yelled "Fight" at her.
Spoiler for 6:

Not saying she's a Titan or Shifter but after this chapter this kinda sticks out.
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 14:24   Link #1811
Soji

^Was already mentioned and I think you guys really need to think thing better. So now every time that Eren (or someone) motivates someone mean that they use some kind of power?

Wow! Don't this mean that Misaka use some kind of power as well with Eren in this ch?XD

Also I want to point out that what happened that time and what had happened in this ch were both hopeless situations and when people have nothing to lose....well they do thing normally impossible.

And as far we know Eren don't had his power at that time.......of curse the author can change that, but for now, from what we know Eren gain his power after the death(when His father injected "That" in him).
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 14:47   Link #1812
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Eren didn't even have the "injection" at that time yet. So assuming that "coordinator ability" is something that he had before the injection, then the injection must be his titan shifting ability in the end. If not, the theory about Eren using it on Mikasa fails.
Old 2013-10-08, 14:58   Link #1813
Soji

This theory is the same at the one of "Armin = Smiling Titan".

Also you guys forget something really important, if Eren can use that power on her, and he used that power on her during that time.....then tell me why she keep doing her "mother/ big sister" act?
I mean if he have that power to comand her why she keep doing that, when he tell her to stop?XD
Old 2013-10-08, 15:22   Link #1814
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
This theory is the same at the one of "Armin = Smiling Titan".

Also you guys forget something really important, if Eren can use that power on her, and he used that power on her during that time.....then tell me why she keep doing her "mother/ big sister" act?
I mean if he have that power to comand her why she keep doing that, when he tell her to stop?XD
Why don't all the titans get annhilated, because he says "be annihilated!"? Because we don't know what triggers his ability yet and still don't know some of the details.
Old 2013-10-08, 15:33   Link #1815
Soji

^And that's my point. Even if he had that power during that time why the word "Fight" would work ?

Also if you guys notice(and I remember someone in this topic point out the same thing) when his power was active his face changed and even when he said those words against the two Shifters his face was still with the same marks.

And as far I can tell, in that pag Eren don't have those marks under his eyes. I can concede the first time that he become Titan because he was inside his Titan body...but here?

Like I already said is the same thing that had happened in ch 50, Misaka was motivated by Eren words + that she had nothing to lose and she did the same with Eren in this ch(50).
And yet people only see "Eren use his power on her" when we don't even know how his power really work.

Anyway you guys noticed Anyway you guys noticed how shocked Eren was after the Titan attack the smiling one?

Edit: Also, you guys know that someone made a Time traveler theory about Attack on titan ?O_o
In all honesty I don't even know what to think about this one.

Last edited by Soji; 2013-10-08 at 16:20.
Old 2013-10-08, 16:37   Link #1816
Gemstone83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
What a lackluster way to show Hannes' death... or maybe I should say "what a way not to show his death".

Here we have the same titan taking away another member of Eren's makeshift family, and Isayama treats him like some nameless villager? I'm disappointed.
I'm missing Hannes too! (I have a sister called Hannah who's abroad, and I don't know why but it resonated with me in that he sort of reminds me of her carefree/slight nervous attitude and blonde hair, weird I know) but that's why this anime falls under apocalyptic, dystopian thriller right now. Dystopia, refers to a society that is undesirable/frightening, in the opposite way that utopia is the ideal and "perfect living".
I read Orwells' 1984 (mainly coz it's the year I was born XD) and I gotta say, there is a huge appeal right now to this type of genre, so I'm not surprised it's been so popular and well-received.. I'm also mad that I'm not the writer that thought of it first!

Sooo glad I can buy this at Waterstones (bless you co.) and that's it's no.1 on the graphic novels chart! A lot of smart readers out there that know what's good I guess
Gemstone83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 19:18   Link #1817
n120cky

In my opinion Eren's power to control titan is an irony, when you think back how he really want to kill all titans...

If this keep gong it will be Eren&co vs castle war...
Old 2013-10-08, 23:38   Link #1818
Kiltias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post

Edit: Also, you guys know that someone made a Time traveler theory about Attack on titan ?O_o
In all honesty I don't even know what to think about this one.
You dare ridicule the point of Mikasa but don't know what to think about the Time Travelling?
Kiltias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 01:53   Link #1819
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiltias View Post
You dare ridicule the point of Mikasa but don't know what to think about the Time Travelling?
well, about time travelling the only hint we have atm is ch 1 and it is not that much of hint. As for mikasa part after all this time we can easily understand her and we saw clearly the part where she fought the bad guys. Now we just have to understand the difference between normal titans and the ones made from connie's village and how does the ape titan controls them .
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-09, 02:56   Link #1820
Soji

n120cky@You right.
But the funny thing is that Eren was supposed to known that he could become a Titan from the beginning. But as you can see, in the manga the author changed his mind.

Kiltias@ Because like Breimoon said, we have only one hint about time travelling and was in ch 1, that's why I don't know what think about this one, there is no enough info to decide what to think about this theory.

About the Misaka one, the reason on why I don't agree with this theory is: because there is to many thing against "Eren use his power on Misaka when they were 9"theory.

This and Breimoon explained well the reason on why I'm againts that theory.