AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-09-06, 01:47   Link #45721
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Haha

Remember the scene of "Screw this, I have tanker sword"?

Yeah, Ichika do that, a lot. Until he got a giant katana forged for him anyway.
Old 2013-09-06, 01:56   Link #45722
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Giant as in a Buster Sword "Giant" or Powered Red's F-INGHUEGGERBERASTRAIGHT "Giant"?

And I don't think Tatenashi would appreciate a Chernobyl reactor for a head...
Old 2013-09-06, 02:01   Link #45723
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Could be crazier!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 02:04   Link #45724
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

About 65 meter long, so smaller than gerbera

Ichika's Jaeger follow Tacit Ronin design and philosophy (Glass Ninja), just updated to Mark.V ala Striker Eureka. The sword itself is only used when the enemy can clearly overpower him.
Old 2013-09-06, 02:44   Link #45725
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Looking for a Canadian representative OC. Anyone?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:08   Link #45726
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Haha

Remember the scene of "Screw this, I have tanker sword"?

Yeah, Ichika do that, a lot. Until he got a giant katana forged for him anyway.
I see that as more of a bludgeoning weapon than a sword...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:34   Link #45727
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Anything you can swing in an anime is considered a sword. Unless it's a bat.

Also, no one else wanna comment on my two recent OC profiles/backstories?

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2013-09-06 at 03:47.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 03:50   Link #45728
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Anything you can swing in an anime is considered a sword. Unless it's a bat.
Last time I seen something go along that line is a Rice Spoon from Kenichi, the Mightiest Disciple.

About that scene I metioned in my last few posts. I pretty much got it all down, but I can't write the whole thing yet. But here's something that can give you atleast a hint:

Tezla: "Blue line, back. Red line, back. Far Blue line, back. Far Goal line, back. That is one whole repetition. It takes a Hockey player 45 seconds just to do one. I expect you guys to do it in under 30. You better get used to it because we'll be doing this a lot. Why? It's because endurance can make the difference between victory and defeat; you should know this more than I do. One of the ways of improving a Silverback's performance, is by improving the user himself. Compared to now, you'll be surprised on how long you'll be able to use your Silverbacks after doing this drill multiple times."

It's a conditioning drill my guys will be doing. They won't be in their Silverbacks, they'll be using Inline Skates. They'll be skating to lines and back. Here's an image to help (It's the lines that you should look at).

Reference to Tezla's instructions on the lines they'll be skating to and back:

Thin Red Line: Goal line
Blue Line: Self explainitory
Red Line: Self Explainitory

From that image, they'll start from the Goal Line on the left. The whole area itself they'll be skating back and forth in is 178 ft. long (between the 2 goal lines).

Quote:
Also, no one else wanna comment on my two recent OC profiles/backstories?
All I can say is that it provides good info on them as there was only half that in the stories.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:09   Link #45729
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Are they planning to borrow an arena from the ISA to do that training? Also, this conditioning training, from what I'm reading, it's basically shuttle run on skates?
Old 2013-09-06, 04:15   Link #45730
DarkJak2050

Yes, and it so happens that the arena they'll be using is actually open use for IS Academy's students as well. So my guys will be doing these "Shuttle Runs", using Inline Skates, as the students are watching.

But my guys actually call these "Herbies". Why they called them "Herbies" is because US Ice Hockey Coach Herb Brooks is the one who implied this conditioning drill into his training/practice sessions for his Ice Hockey team. What made the Herbies well known is this...

Herb Brooks was furious on how his team performed in a game against Norway's National Hockey Team and made them do "Herbies", after playing a whole Hockey game.

If you think that movie scene is just fiction, it's not. It's based on the true story of the 1980 USA Ice Hockey team.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-09-06 at 04:33.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:21   Link #45731
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Sounds okay I suppose. Basically, it'll be like watching soccer players doing training in an open stadium. It would attract some stares but only a select few would be quite curious of what's going on...
Old 2013-09-06, 04:29   Link #45732
DarkJak2050

If they were using their Silverbacks, the students would be more interest in watching for the tech, right?

I also added something in my last post, that you may not have noticed (mainly the video).
Old 2013-09-06, 04:40   Link #45733
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

They probably would be, yes. But if they're going to just skate around, they're just gonna get bored sooner or later.

Not saying that you should put up a performance but the students won't be as curious as when they would seeing some combat action, particularly when Personal unit/s are involved, even more so if Ichika's involved.

I have a training scene like this for Athena. Basically Inami goes up against either Kirin (OC Cadet) or Aries (OC Security Trooper) in combat training. Though in an arena set aside for their training, the commotion would draw quite a crowd.

I mean, battles aside, who would ignore random explosion noises and flashes of light? Even a simple fireworks display is going to turn heads.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:45   Link #45734
DarkJak2050

There's another reason on why they're not using their Silverbacks for this.

The conditioning drill also serves as a method of training so that they'll be able to adjust to an upgrade their Silverbacks are getting at a faster rate. Hence, the Inline Skates.

During that scene, their Silverbacks are not ready for use.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:51   Link #45735
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Well you can leave it at that, no issue. You're just concerned about the attention the training session would draw, yes?

If so, you can use that video as a gauge. Even if the Academy's an all-girls school, students usually enroll at the age of 15-16, so some of them should have at least seen working men for the past 14 years of their lives. Some may not, so you can play around with exceptions here and there.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:54   Link #45736
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Well you can leave it at that, no issue. You're just concerned about the attention the training session would draw, yes?

If so, you can use that video as a gauge. Even if the Academy's an all-girls school, students usually enroll at the age of 15-16, so some of them should have at least seen working men for the past 14 years of their lives. Some may not, so you can play around with exceptions here and there.
I'm somewhat concerned about the attention it would draw.

But speaking of Combat Training, I've had this one in mind for a long while with them sparring against one another (out of their Silverbacks) as the students watch. And one of my guys gets "killed" in a sparring match.
Old 2013-09-06, 04:58   Link #45737
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That may keep a few curious students glued to their seats. Just keep in mind that as students, they have a curriculum they need to follow so if the training takes place during lesson time, no one's going to watch them.

Speaking of getting killed, pre-write stopped at Inami being knocked out cold after taking a particle blast. Planning to add to that to justify the period he'll be out. Rather violent of me but initial projection goes as him, in the Minerva, taking three particle beam shots that breaches his armor, stabbed with a metal blade then finally pulling a Zero. (Though Inami won't lose half his body like Zero did)
Old 2013-09-06, 05:02   Link #45738
DarkJak2050

And my guys take advantage of that.

The training in their Silverbacks are set to get as little attention as possible.

Ex. When the students are not using the arenas, due to classes, my guys will be using them to train in their Silverbacks.
Old 2013-09-06, 05:11   Link #45739
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Shouldn't be an issue then. I'm not sure if their classes alternate with one another, if so there might be visitors but only a bare few.
Old 2013-09-06, 05:20   Link #45740
DarkJak2050

Keep in mind that IS Academy has multiple arenas. So if that's the case, they'll use a different arena.

About Inami falling into a Coma (from what I can judge), that's not going to bode well with your other OCs.

Now, I would like to talk more... but I have to catch some Zs. It's 3:20 AM at my end right now, I live in the Pacific Time Zone in the US.

Although, I have something else I'd like your input on, but it'll have to wait.

Later.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest