AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-07-06, 09:35   Link #57141
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Do we also have to factor in the fact that the projectile glows, which indicates extreme heat but yet the slug still remains for a couple of second of even more after hitting a physical shield which means that the material have to be extremely conductive yet durable or somehow the railgun manages to shoot energy bolt AKA transforming a physical object into an plasma-like form? I don't know if "Unlimited energy" can solve that pr-
Aw man, i'm talking science again! I'm going to need to re-watch all of Dygenguard's attacks again in order to wash out the science in my brain.
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 09:47   Link #57142
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Temperature at which a metal glows and when it melts are fairly far apart. Even then air friction from the extreme speeds could probably generate enough heat for it to glow. At high enough velocities, the slug can actually be reduced to hypersonic molten slag. So you're essentially being pelted with lava flying at the same speed as a jetfighter.
Old 2015-07-06, 10:49   Link #57143
lovetospoon73

parallel world where ichika is gay
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-06, 12:05   Link #57144
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Pretty much that "energy beam" is in fact a ball of superheated metal with a trail of plasma coming to teach you that Sir Issac Newton is the biggest badass in space.

The spent however is bizarre. My best explanation is that it is a counterweight ejected by the IS to counteract the recoil of the railgun which would save the AIC's battery. This design would also seriously reduce the maximum reload speed of the railgun, hence the BOOM BOOM BOOM speed of the Schwarz Regen.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-07-06 at 12:16.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 07:09   Link #57145
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Hmmmmmm I can't say, I never heard of that about Russians firstly.

And then Anya has a Russian mother and a Japanese father so her upbringing is also different.

And yes I know I have a billion halflings in meisterverse. >.>
Russian pilots are notorious for drinking the shit out of them before pulling 9G the next days; while their American counterparts lined up in the deck, picking the garbage.

But seriously, this irresponsible has a reason: Soviet jets were built to operate in all condition (in the worst case, they could land on their fire-resistance fuel tank.)
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 07:31   Link #57146
demino_hellsin
That one guy

As far as I remember they were also built to be cheap so it's not rare to have some factory defects(If you know what I mean). I assume they drink so they don't have to think about it XD
Old 2015-07-07, 07:44   Link #57147
lovetospoon73

i wished ichika have a sword like this: http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...ber(Prime).jpg
or this:
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/...20140423025736
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-07, 18:45   Link #57148
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The migs these days run on PlayStation processors. I think that's where the bugs are coming from.
Old 2015-07-07, 19:14   Link #57149
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Be that as it may, Russian planes are still a force to be reckoned with. At least I'd rank them way above those Made in China.

Partly because of this topic, I kind of miss those half-done OCs I made a few thousand pages back. Side character girls who are seriously struggling to become professional IS pilots for various reasons. Because they're ranked pretty low, they don't have access to personal IS so they got into illegally modifying the rental Uchigane units
Old 2015-07-07, 23:25   Link #57150
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Yes, it's fun to write about them growing up and getting famous bit by bit. I find it harder to write about when they are "up there". I got junior pilots involved at that stage, and contrast the wonder the juniors feel and the nostalgia the now-seniors find themselves as.

Granted that at that stage, the girls still have a ways to go so I still have some "growth story" to tell.

The "future" or 3rd generation idols face a weird challenge from a narrative pov. Again, I know I'm resorting to my MO, this time talking about the Idols as representatives of humanity as a while making their mark on the interstellar map. Meeting other races also changed by the Stratos, meeting new cultures and bringing everyone closer together.

However, by that point, the fic is barely recognizable as an IS fic, just a fic with IS in it.
Old 2015-07-08, 00:46   Link #57151
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The problem with the stage of the story where you've already reached "up there" is that there is no more goal other than defending a status quo. You've become something you've always dreamed of and there's going to be some kind of threat coming in to disharmonize your achievements. But I think there is also joy in stuff like writing stories where the goal is already reached because there are so many plot holes. That's right, I said plot holes. TAMNI and Persona(I don't know why) have kind of taught me that 4th wall opinion about why a character is so hated for being so successful can actually become a somewhat compelling story. Why is it that during the way to the top, the main character made so many suffer but was not held accountable for anything? Why is it that the main character meets all these amazing opportunities, leaving all those who worked their butts off to reach only half of what the main character was able to? It's kind of hilarious and cathartic to write about those.
Old 2015-07-08, 00:51   Link #57152
SRW-Otaku

Okay does this thread do this thing often? Like getting offtrack and stuff?
...I don't mind...Also does anybody notice that people on ff.net never gave half a shit to the SRW crossover section? Because both of my IS crossover fics over there is getting no attention while crappy Naruto fics gets bajillions of revs.
Old 2015-07-08, 00:58   Link #57153
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's rare for quirky crossovers to actually get much attention. You have to be extremely well-written or go into a crossed fandom where there is already an established level of credibility in one or both franchises. Naruto is a crazy one since it has credibility off the charts in terms of interest and the one or two gem writers who write for the series' fanfiction.

Infinite Stratos and SRW are more of a special interest or passing fancy. Very little do people have an interest in one or both, enough to invest time in reading what other people think of "what-if"s and "should-have"s of either or both series. In short, people who invest into the story of either are the only ones who read fanfiction. Rarely do you try to see people delve deeper into IS in terms of actual storytelling than a powertrip so you have limited interest there. Then in SRW, it's like a giat fanfic in itsel because it is usually known more for its crossover content on varying series than the OG content so that doesn't help much in the interst department either. Combine both and now you have a very limited target scope in that Venn Diagram which says must like both IS and SRW to the point of caring about possibilities.
Old 2015-07-08, 01:05   Link #57154
SRW-Otaku

So should I simply label it a IS fic and hide the SRW content from them like the dude who wrote the Spartan Rebuild did?
Old 2015-07-08, 01:20   Link #57155
The 48th Ronin
EISAI HARAMASUKOI

Another idea. How about an underground version of Mondo Grosso?

It'll be a fighting arena for IS but not sanctioned by any legal body. A tournament that frequently involves the criminal underworld.

GRAND SPONSOR NO TOKYO BAY, OH CHRISTMAS
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 05:17   Link #57156
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Okay does this thread do this thing often? Like getting offtrack and stuff?
- Yes.

Quote:
So should I simply label it a IS fic and hide the SRW content from them like the dude who wrote the Spartan Rebuild did?
- Only if you want the SRW references to be a surprise.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-08, 07:19   Link #57157
SRW-Otaku

Soooo....If I want my SRW x IS crossover, I'd need to suffer from sheer lack of readers?
Old 2015-07-09, 11:32   Link #57158
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'd never thought I'd find a way to turn Cecily into an Idol.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26512668

The character on the left from the game I'm currently playing that is getting aptly pummeled has the same voice.

That being said, just because I can doesn't mean I should. Yes I know I have "plans" to have Charlotte and Erika occasionally do duets, or that Laura is involved with the Schwarzehase learning about music and performance to balance out their inherent psychological instabilities, or that Houki and Lingyi are both Idols in the Meisterverse, thus leaving Cecily as the "odd one out".

But somehow, even if going by my MO where I will give the character all the attributes of the voice actress behind her, I feel like its too strange. Cecily is not an Idol in persona; or maybe I am being too strict, or that I simply prefer Yukana using her deadpan rather than this annoying brainless ojousama. That was why toying with the idea that Cecily is actually Batgirl was so seductive, by making that harebrained outer shell a cover for a bruised, brooding vigilante, seemed to reconcile what I wanted out of a Yukana spaceframe pilot with what she is in Stratos.

Until I sort my thoughts out on this, Cecily's actual "debut" will be... delayed. After all, she has a major role in Vandam and a supporting role in the early chapters of SHOOTiNG ST@Rs, so I have time.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-07-09 at 11:47.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-09, 21:57   Link #57159
SRW-Otaku

So... Infinite Stratos Cinderella Girls, then?
Old 2015-07-10, 07:34   Link #57160
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
It's rare for quirky crossovers to actually get much attention. You have to be extremely well-written or go into a crossed fandom where there is already an established level of credibility in one or both franchises.
Correct, like with Type Moon x IS (or anything.)

Seriously, what is up with all those "Shirou replaces the protagonist" fics?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest