AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-10-20, 21:47   Link #121
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Pagan deities have a lot of options - she obviously prefers to be human because in that form she has something critical to her: companionship.
As with Greek Gods and their frolicking with humans; offspring are certainly possible and would have special abilities themselves.
Old 2008-10-22, 22:00   Link #122
Lightly_Toasted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Pagan deities have a lot of options - she obviously prefers to be human because in that form she has something critical to her: companionship.
As with Greek Gods and their frolicking with humans; offspring are certainly possible and would have special abilities themselves.
Reading mythology in english right now, and that makes me agree 100%. Perseus is the son of Zeus and Danae, and there are many more examples.
Lightly_Toasted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-22, 02:26   Link #123
cjbabylove
Horo-ism

Anyone got the guitar tabs for spice and wolfs opening theme

Does anyone have the guitar tabs for the opening to spice and wolf. I would really love to get the tabs. that would make my life sooooo much happier so if any one has them HELP ME OUT AND SEND THEM TO ME PLZ
cjbabylove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 21:17   Link #124
space cowboy
cowboy of space

Quick question relating to the series as a whole.

I'm on about episode 4/5 i dont remember which but i've stalled watching it for a while now because it was just a bit hard to get into. Does it drastically pick up at any point, should i push myself to continue?
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-07, 22:39   Link #125
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Depends on what you'd call "pick up".... it isn't really an "action" series. It is a mostly dramatic series with lots of dialog, subtle emotions, and the development of the relationship between Lawrence and Horo. Its fairly realistic in that most of the time they're on the road, or engaging in negotiations -- actual violence is fairly rare but can be brutal when it does happen.

If that sort of "slice of life" doesn't appeal to you, then yeah you may be wasting your time. On the other hand, you might develop an appreciation for that sort of drama. If you ever saw the medieval mystery mini-series Cadfael, there's a lot of parallel in its depiction of life in those days (though Spice&Wolf has more of an Italian Medici period feel to it).
Old 2009-02-08, 09:29   Link #126
space cowboy
cowboy of space

ok...i loath cadfael so this series must stop ...

Thanks for the advice ^_^
space cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 19:34   Link #127
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

Quote:
The Greek gods' original forms are that of humans. Mankind in Greek mythology (along with Abrahamic and Babylonian mythology) is created in the image of the gods.
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 19:53   Link #128
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um... yeah. Those were two separate sentences not specifically meant to be connected... I suppose I should have paragraphed them for clarity.

The first sentence was just speculating that Horo prefers her human form now because it gives her Lawrence.

The second sentence was just a reference that mythology is full of gods, demi-gods, and humans procreating.

I should know better than to be too shorthand in my posts -- I'm always thumping people for "txt msgs lulz" in a discussion forum anyway.

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-02-10 at 01:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-09, 21:55   Link #129
Intranetusa
Pedites Extraordinarii

ok, cool my bad then
Intranetusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 02:11   Link #130
Alchemist007
*Author

Did the anime stick to the novel pretty well? How far ahead is the novel in terms of approximate number of episodes equivalence?
Old 2009-03-30, 02:18   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

The first season anime covered the first two novels (which is why it had that "two adventures" feel to it). The latest novel release is volume 10.
Old 2009-03-30, 02:25   Link #132
Alchemist007
*Author

Holy crap, so thats like 50 something episodes worth of material?
Old 2009-03-30, 04:00   Link #133
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

eyup.... its highly unlikely we'll ever get it all animated. Even now in volume 10 -- they're closing in on their destination but there's still several volumes of adventure that could be easily created before they reach Horo's homeland.... and then there's any possible stories of what happens after.

There's a bit of a "Our five year mission..." quality to the adventures though each volume does have them getting closer to their destination and to each other.

That's one reason the Toradora! series felt like a rocket ride at times.... they skittered through 10 volumes in 25 episodes.... reams of stuff were left on the cutting room floor -- so it was amazing that anime series ended up as cohesive as it did. Spice&Wolf's anime adaptation is comparatively thorough and leisurely with 5-6 episodes per volume and it still leaves quite a bit out.

The S&W manga series adaptation follows the novels fairly closely (2 manga volumes out so far) but it may take years to complete or catch up....

Last edited by Vexx; 2009-03-30 at 04:10.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-17, 04:19   Link #134
japguy
Kyou-sama follower

I don't know if there was this Question or not, I couldn't find the answer anyway:
The Wolf and Spice game , will there be a(/or is there) and english wersion or translation to jap version?
coz if there is...no food for me for month, and I'm buying it:]

thanks in advance for answer
Old 2009-04-21, 23:03   Link #135
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

I highly doubt it will ever be officially translated and released in English, but one can hope.
Old 2009-06-11, 08:26   Link #136
LKK

I've gotten confused. How many between seasons OVAs have been released? One? Or two?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 10:40   Link #137
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I think episode 8 or 7 of the original series (season one) wasn't shown on tv, it only came out on DVD, but it still considered one of the episodes of the first season. So only one OVA, but this one is being called episode 0 so it's not really an OVA either.
Um, did that make sense? Neither of them are really set between seasons, their just money making gimmicks.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 10:47   Link #138
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
Um, did that make sense? Neither of them are really set between seasons, their just money making gimmicks.
Yes, it made sense. And thank you very much. I can rest easy knowing I've seen all there is to see of S&W at this point.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-11, 11:33   Link #139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I think episode 8 or 7 of the original series (season one) wasn't shown on tv, it only came out on DVD, but it still considered one of the episodes of the first season. So only one OVA, but this one is being called episode 0 so it's not really an OVA either.
I'll grant the DVD-only episode constituted a "bonus for buying the DVDs" ... but the recent Ep 0 was a "special" designed to raise your interest for the summer series.

A little reality now, ALL anime is a "money-making gimmick" designed to get you (or actually the domestic Japanese viewer) to buy merchandise: DVDs, CDs, figures, shirts, swag. So labeling a particular piece of it as a "money-making gimmick" is misleading.
Old 2009-06-13, 01:32   Link #140
Blank-Mage
Maniacal laughter ensues.

Quote:
A little reality now, ALL anime is a "money-making gimmick" designed to get you (or actually the domestic Japanese viewer) to buy merchandise: DVDs, CDs, figures, shirts, swag. So labeling a particular piece of it as a "money-making gimmick" is misleading.
What?! They used me! Nooooooo!