AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2007-10-01, 08:48   Link #301
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Not to good with perspective and stuff myself either. And yea, it really is hard to get the perspective and stuff right. But i would say the perspective on the second one looks better than the first one. But if it is prettier... mmm i don't know. Perhaps try moving mai and the moon a bit to the left. And perhaps make Mai a bit smaller. But mmm guess it's up to you. And Daniel_E what he preference.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 12:13   Link #302
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
that said, i reworked a bit on that aspect, and here is the V2.

the moon is completely round here, but some light is interfering again, but it isn't as blatant as V1.
I worked more on the "radiance" of the moon, instead of its huge and "placeholder" presence.
Wondering whichever you prefer, especially for you Dan ^^"
Well, I wasn't bothered by the shape of the moon in the first version, but the placement of it actually looks better in the second one.

So yeah, I'll change it.
Old 2007-10-07, 08:05   Link #303
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

time to join the CLANNAD fray i believe

this time, since sukai-kun was praising Ryou for a while, I decided to do a surprise:

yes simple, and "crop like", though i had some... fun to deal with Kyou's elbow and the initial sharpness of the picture. (along with some work on the bed sheet BG)

unluckily for me, He doesn't exactly like bright signature, so... had to work like nuts to change completely the appearance, without butchering the mood (though changing to "night-ish" with a 3/4 white sig is a big challenge huh...)

which led to THIS
Almost near of his tastes, though some tweek with the hair, and some surroundings "light glowing dots".

definite "product" :

complete shift is something that i won't really do on a daily scheldule
that said, i'm quite satisfied i didn't have to use a dumb starry overlay etc.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-10-07 at 08:21.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 08:13   Link #304
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

I spy with my eye... A not so clean cut on the book ^.^ I see white edges on the night version. The blue/purple there is a bit... MMm strange... Perhaps just put the black from the sides behind ^^

And i think the transition from dark to bright should be more smoother. And the angle is a bit awkward to. But the last 2 is just imho ^.^

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 08:21   Link #305
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

yes indeed, i couldn't do anything first considering i had an issue with the layer merge part...
it is corrected, though for the 2 last points, it will more dependant of the "client" tastes than mine

the C4 is the definite one *phew*
Old 2007-10-07, 08:38   Link #306
konstargirl
Reisen FTW!
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to konstargirl
I really like the second one alothugh the first one I'm not really feeling it. You should do some more stuff for the fist onelike some blue in it in the backgorund or make it more night time like with white dots on it to make it look like stars. ^^

Other than that, its very pretty.
konstargirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 09:08   Link #307
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Indeed - i like Ryou, and i have to thank Klash for a volunteer work on this (Though seeing the amount of work he ended up having to do, i am afraid he will be running from me soon ^^)

Indeed - excessive white is not my thing, while more peaceful, 'darker' tones are to my liking. As such, the final product is very much to my liking. I like the tranquil mood of the scene, and while some might think the transition from dark to bright is too sudden, i like it 'Light bulbs' should be a rather good change from the more present 'starry background' theme for 'nighttime' works

I like Ryou, i like the dreamy mood, and overall i don't see changing this sig anytime soon A big thumbs up and "thank you" to klash for working with such a picky client
Old 2007-10-07, 10:29   Link #308
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Congrats, I study your work to make better my sigs.
Old 2007-10-07, 13:27   Link #309
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Location: In my cube (it looked kinda rectangular though, he says)...
This work is splendid. (in fact I looked for this some time after voting on your banner, but I couldn't find it because your nick does not correspond to the thread's name now ^^)
Spoiler for SIGNS:

These are what I really call nice (but you probably heard this a lot already anyway)

Keep up the good work

Caldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 22:59   Link #310
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

The night dream-like feel looks great, but IMHO her arm is cut off at a weird angle.

Still a great sig tho, nice work Klash =]
Old 2007-10-19, 19:33   Link #311
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

almost like 2 weeks without nothing huh...

well, since i wasn't even able to have an idea to do something, deathy just jumped on me, as we already had a plan to do something in collaboration (that was the "secret" project i was talking before... a F/SN Rider sig but meh...)

we were completely oblivious about the subject and we were searching aimlessly for anything
until desy found that gorgeous one ^^ :

Yeah, such Miko is hardly a loss so *_*

next was probably my painful joy: cutting her COMPLETELY.
You know what? I had the whole picture, and i wasn't sure if we were to use the bottom part (which is not +18, but nearly ) so i cut the long strands of hair anyway. And since it isn't a unique flow... bingo... big fun time >_>. I also forget the fact i had to fix the hair on the left side... and no, i wasn't able to use the "transplant skill", so i "vectored" it... painfully.
At least, preparations clear.

after that, we got the happy moment to... get stuck with the background. Desy took the first step alone and we got something (version A) we were absolutely not happy with.
The main problem was the dull color and the lack of impact.

I decided to give it a shot, but guess what? My Photoshop (remember... the old wreck... 6.00) COULDN'T open the damn PSD file... it was so desperate that i had to ask DKZ to send me EACH layer in PSD format, since even when he turned off every "unknown" blending mode for my PS, it wasn't able to even open it.
Then, I used some usual "wind/solar" rays, which were not good either. Not only the 2 colors were conflicting a lot, but the effect was rather too brutish for this mood. (this is version B)

Desy took the freedom to change some things here and there, adding some sakura petals. Due the striking similarities with B and D, no need to show it to you (this is version C... good, you were following!)

Finally, I went nuts, because it was 1AM+ on my side, and because of the sakura petals, i felt a true "wind" and dreamy aspect is required, which... leads us to a pink setup, which we were trying to avoid from the start
I used some old techniques i used on the A's Hayate signature and such, and we got the pink one. (version D)

Now, we were stucking for the text... but before that, Desy wanted to change some details again (geh, catfight XD), but it was rather fitting both our tastes (some petals and stream etc).
Then, we were stucking like 20-30 minutes on the dumb text (it was VERY lame on MSN... and no, I won't write what kind of corny lines we imagined )
With a suggestion of each other, we merged a noun and an adjective and we were set... until Deathy messed up a bit with the font (version E, not shown)

Since the good ol' deathy was exhausted (just like me ^^'), he just entrusted the ... "experiment" to me, and I toyed slightly with the font and such.

after a very very "happy go lucky" ordeal (read: HARDSHIP, I insist on every way possible i tried to put emphasis on it), we are done...
result? there...

aftermath? We are damn tired

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-10-20 at 06:09.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 04:42   Link #312
Caldron
Aria feels good....

I personally am not very attracted by the starting image. But I have to admit this is a great job.

(you can do a lot of interesting things...
...ahh, that rena banner... *happiness* ...
Ahem, I mean, it's a great work)

PS: Are you out of inspiration? Well, that happens to us all... But keep trying, your work tends to be amazing.

Old 2007-10-20, 04:58   Link #313
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldron View Post
I personally am not very attracted by the starting image. But I have to admit this is a great job.

(you can do a lot of interesting things...
...ahh, that rena banner... *happiness* ...
Ahem, I mean, it's a great work)
heh... it isn't that far from the Tamami (lullaby) sig you picked before
That said, the problem of the picture is the potential, and the style... more likely, the original pic was stand alone enough that we could simply crop it... kinda sad ^^'
Quote:
PS: Are you out of inspiration? Well, that happens to us all... But keep trying, your work tends to be amazing.
Yeah... not exactly sure if it is an inspiration stuck though.
I want to do a Kyou or Rena signature, but I don't think any picture striking me "That's it!".

i'm kinda like a sitting duck at this rate
Old 2007-10-20, 05:20   Link #314
Caldron
Aria feels good....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
heh... it isn't that far from the Tamami (lullaby) sig you picked before
That said, the problem of the picture is the potential, and the style...
well you got a point here, but imho, the similarity quocient isn't enough to share the same greatness.

Quote:
Yeah... not exactly sure if it is an inspiration stuck though.
I want to do a Kyou or Rena signature, but I don't think any picture striking me "That's it!".
Quite a dillema huh? Well, maybe it's not the right time to do it. Have some patience and you'll see

Old 2007-10-20, 06:02   Link #315
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

A bit too much space on the left, but the collab was hilarious~ xD

haha! ^^
innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 06:17   Link #316
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Hey it was late and i was half asleep /excuse

not the best work i must say but the render was dam hard to use to fit in a natural theme. I was thinking about putting some GFX into it but then klash slapped me to my senses XD

*shrugs* but he seems to like it (same thing that happened when one of my planetarian siggies that i dislike but others loved it...)

*pats klash on the back*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-20, 14:53   Link #317
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Sleep kills
Quote:
*shrugs* but he seems to like it (same thing that happened when one of my planetarian siggies that i dislike but others loved it...)

*pats klash on the back*
Everybody has different opinions =]

Frankly i thought it was a nice sig. It could have been better, but the soothing feel did come right of the sig. Left side is a little empty (as innominate pointed out), but overall feel is nice.

*pats klash &deathie on the back*
Old 2007-10-20, 19:21   Link #318
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
A bit too much space on the left, but the collab was hilarious~ xD

haha! ^^
Well, it is especially to give the hair some flaw, and some enoguh space for both the text and wind/sakura petals compenent. I think moving it to the left would deal some large hole for the right which would be very very empty ^^"

Quote:

not the best work i must say but the render was dam hard to use to fit in a natural theme. I was thinking about putting some GFX into it but then klash slapped me to my senses XD
Next time you suggest GFX/C4D etc for such mood/kind of render, i will force you some hellish brawl on Daybreak Kai. you will sweat...
Quote:

*pats klash on the back*
I think you are too critical sometimes, especially when it doesn't have anything to do with a doll or a... clone * COUGH* XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Climbers View Post
Everybody has different opinions =]

Frankly i thought it was a nice sig. It could have been better, but the soothing feel did come right of the sig. Left side is a little empty (as innominate pointed out), but overall feel is nice.

*pats klash &deathie on the back*
Well i tried to think what would improve it, but it is very hard considering that the mood and render prevent any "stunt" and the like...

maaa.... for a first collaboration (especially considering the difference in style between us), it is a very fair success i think ^^
Old 2007-10-20, 22:05   Link #319
bigdave
Falling for Ginsama ^3^
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to bigdave
o.o

Nice collab guys, I hope our collab turns out as good as this one, dkz XD

KlasH>> >,<
I was going to use a Musical sounding text in my new sig but I went blank on thinking of a new one! @___@

was mind boggled for awhile o.O?

and nice job with the sig klash and dkz ^.^b

DKz>> got ur msn so will be discussing with u soon guess whenever we're both on n__nU

bigdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-21, 18:40   Link #320
shomazta
imataco
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to shomazta Send a message via MSN to shomazta Send a message via Yahoo to shomazta
your new sig is alright man not liking it as much as your older pieces tho :P