AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 23:10   Link #36701
Filraen
Big Damn Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
SSX

ViVid 1-5

ViVid 6

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - ViVid 7:

Now I want to see Caro's reaction to adult mode Vivio (being taller than her of course).

Sette thanking Mr Snuggles for his offer?

Hmm... I don't remember if Hayate's child-to-be-born was mentioned to be a boy or a girl.

Why is Chrono asking Gil about the existence of a familiar transfer ritual? I'd expect Chrono having filed a request to the Infinite Library on that (that other Scrya girl helped with its ordering --forgot her name-- even if I believe she doesn't work there anymore) and arrived offering Graham transferring Aria and Lotte. After all he did have some time to prepare to this visit (at least since the familiars started living in their cat form permanently)

...!

Oh! I see where this can go. The familiars live as long as the master gives them mana; now, with a master as long lived as Filia they Aria and Lotte can become an element of estability for Filia when Chrono and Amy eventually die.

Last edited by Filraen; 2012-07-08 at 06:42.
Filraen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 19:46   Link #36702
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
And this week's release is....

Magical Lyrical G-Squad

Chapter 4: Peril in the Sky

In which the Bureau's mysterious adversary attacks them in a way they didn't expect...

Previous chapters can be found here.

Spoiler for Magical Lyrical G-Squad, Chapter 4: Peril in the Sky:

This week's chapter comes with a character that I will claim has never been used in a Nanoha fanfic before! Of course, you could prove me wrong.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:58   Link #36703
Sunder the Gold

Lost Logia Plot Device for a Pre-StrikerS, alternative continuity fanfic:

A magical Electro-Magnetic Pulse Field Generator.

Developed (or at least employed) by an extinct civilization as a countermeasure against the Anti-Magic Field technology of the Belkan Empire.

It shorts out all electronic technology (especially AMF generators), but has no effect on magic, thus allowing mages trained to operate without Devices to have a serious edge over those who became dependent on them (especially as a way to deal with their own self-imposed AMF handicap). And because this is a powerful, MAGICAL field, it has the ability to bypass physical EMP shielding and break through magical protective fields.

Unlike AMF and the Eclipse effect, this is a form of handicap much more friendly to the genre of the original series. Because magical girls can still USE their magic and expect it to have an effect.

In order to deactivate and retrieve this Lost Logia, the Bureau needs to rely on those agents who are the strongest without any Device at all.

Yuuno Scyra, Arf, and Zafira.

Because of their long, long experience, Signum and Vita are also viable, though they would not be deployed until after the Bureau can furnish them with suitable equipment. That is to say, a regular but extremely durable sword and warhammer.

Because Fate was training in maic and high-speed aerial combat long before she got Bardiche, and because she's still a ridiculously powerful mage without him, she can also be fielded.

This is a mission that Nanoha would have to sit out, as her unorthodox magical education left her much too reliant on Raising Heart. She would be kept on standby as emergency backup, while furiously training to operate on her own.

Hayate is in the same boat as Nanoha. Indeed, this whole incident spurs her into the kind of training that will actually allow her to participate in combat like her Battle of Aces self, rather than become a helpless nuclear warhead desk jockey.

Reinforce Zwei, as a Unison Device, is a living magical program like the Wolkenritter, rather than an electronic Device, and she can therefore accompany the initial team, or assist Hayate once she's finally ready to enter the field.
Sunder the Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 10:29   Link #36704
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
SSX

ViVid 1-5

ViVid 6

ViVid 7

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - ViVid 8:

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 16:01   Link #36705
Old_Iron
. . .
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Old_Iron
Kaijo, holy crap. I can't wait for the next installment. I must find out what happens next! XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Lost Logia Plot Device for a Pre-StrikerS, alternative continuity fanfic:

A magical Electro-Magnetic Pulse Field Generator.

Developed (or at least employed) by an extinct civilization as a countermeasure against the Anti-Magic Field technology of the Belkan Empire.

It shorts out all electronic technology (especially AMF generators), but has no effect on magic, thus allowing mages trained to operate without Devices to have a serious edge over those who became dependent on them (especially as a way to deal with their own self-imposed AMF handicap). And because this is a powerful, MAGICAL field, it has the ability to bypass physical EMP shielding and break through magical protective fields.

Unlike AMF and the Eclipse effect, this is a form of handicap much more friendly to the genre of the original series. Because magical girls can still USE their magic and expect it to have an effect.

In order to deactivate and retrieve this Lost Logia, the Bureau needs to rely on those agents who are the strongest without any Device at all.

Yuuno Scyra, Arf, and Zafira.

Because of their long, long experience, Signum and Vita are also viable, though they would not be deployed until after the Bureau can furnish them with suitable equipment. That is to say, a regular but extremely durable sword and warhammer.

Because Fate was training in maic and high-speed aerial combat long before she got Bardiche, and because she's still a ridiculously powerful mage without him, she can also be fielded.

This is a mission that Nanoha would have to sit out, as her unorthodox magical education left her much too reliant on Raising Heart. She would be kept on standby as emergency backup, while furiously training to operate on her own.

Hayate is in the same boat as Nanoha. Indeed, this whole incident spurs her into the kind of training that will actually allow her to participate in combat like her Battle of Aces self, rather than become a helpless nuclear warhead desk jockey.

Reinforce Zwei, as a Unison Device, is a living magical program like the Wolkenritter, rather than an electronic Device, and she can therefore accompany the initial team, or assist Hayate once she's finally ready to enter the field.
I like this idea. I like it a great deal and it should be written by someone. Lets have the shafted get some time in the limelight. =3

I... can't. *is buried under the pile of stories he's working on in one form or another*
Old 2012-07-09, 17:05   Link #36706
mega1987
GregOS Offline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanya01 View Post
SSX

ViVid 1-5

ViVid 6

ViVid 7

Spoiler for Blood That Flows - ViVid 8:
Odin: At least Filia won't be lonely anymore around a hundred years or so.

Val: She won't be lonely But both of us, unless killed, got a LONG lifespan.

Odin: Heh.

Me: Man. Hiya Levi, are you planning to get married to that shirtless guy?

Reia: Stress is bad to pregnant women. It's understandable why Rein Eins keeping it a secret from Hayate.

Me: A creature that's totally Immune to magic? I rather have Asuna Kagurazaka in the front lines than whatever mad science being cook up.

Asuna: And Find a job, you idiot.

Me: *Sweatdrop*

Reia: *giggles*
SRW beats all foes.
JAM Project pwns all!!!

And I can't still make fanfic without restarting from the start when new ideas comes in...
mega1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 18:07   Link #36707
Kaijo
Banned

@Old Iron: Thanks! Glad I have at least a few people following it, heh.

Posted Chapter 4: Peril in the Sky to ff.net.
Old 2012-07-09, 21:48   Link #36708
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Iron View Post
I like this idea. I like it a great deal and it should be written by someone. Lets have the shafted get some time in the limelight. =3
The problem is that, to have a proper Season of it, there needs to be an enemy to fight. Otherwise, the mission would be simple sealing and retrieval, without any reason to send other agents.

That's barely worth a short story, so making a longer story requires more elements.

For example -- and remembering that this is set after A's -- Yuuno begins to notice that his Clan hasn't yet returned from the expedition they left for at the beginning of the original season. So no one has heard from them in about a year.

The Lost Logia would be the cause; it destroyed any technology they could use to leave or communicate from the planet.

But why did it activate?

Did they deliberately use it to defend themselves against attackers with superior equipment? Or is part of the plan of some force which intends to use the Lost Logia to make trouble for the Bureau?
Old 2012-07-10, 01:29   Link #36709
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
@Old Iron: Thanks! Glad I have at least a few people following it, heh.

Posted Chapter 4: Peril in the Sky to ff.net.
I want to read this, but I really need to get through Crisis and Red Jewel Diaries first, because I don't remember a whole damn lot from either of those. Argh, the backlog.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:17   Link #36710
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I want to read this, but I really need to get through Crisis and Red Jewel Diaries first, because I don't remember a whole damn lot from either of those. Argh, the backlog.
Part of it was my fault, in that instead of immediately going on to write G-Squad and Mirror, I took a break to let some people catch up on reading. Then I got side-tracked by Future Tense, Whipped, Perils II, etc., heh.

Anyway, if you at least remember the gist of Crisis, you should be fine to read G-Squad. And perhaps the first chapter of Red Jewel Diaries.

For Mirror, you'd probably benefit from a greater familiarity with Crisis and RJD, though.

But what I think I'll do, and probably what I should have done, is when I address certain plot points in G-Squad and Mirror, I'll add a brief recap so that people can go "Oh yeah, I remember that now." I'll go back and see about editing some of the previous chapters to stick those brief recaps in.
Old 2012-07-10, 09:54   Link #36711
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Wow, that amazing work ethic... I'm so envious...
Old 2012-07-10, 18:19   Link #36712
Kaijo
Banned

Who? Me? o_O

Naw, it's just a matter of learning to slowly improve my writing. Being able to recap a plot point within the narrative, in a natural and unobtrusive way, in order to gently remind your audience of things, is something a writer should be aware of. It's something I should have realized, especially after Future Tense. It's not enough to mention a plot point just once, but even to repeat it a few times in the fic itself.

And given that I am only a few chapters into G-Squad and Mirror, it shouldn't be too hard to scan them and insert a brief paragraph or two.
Old 2012-07-10, 19:07   Link #36713
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think he's referring to the fact that right now you, Nanya, and Sonic are the only ones who are posting anything consistently. >.>
Old 2012-07-10, 19:38   Link #36714
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
I think he's referring to the fact that right now you, Nanya, and Sonic are the only ones who are posting anything consistently. >.>
Oh please, you make it sound like I did a hostile take-over of the thread, posting so much that everyone got scared and started theorizing that I got possessed, made a deal with a Mazoku, am secretly a robot that just churns out fanfics or something.

Really, why would you make it sound like that?

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:41   Link #36715
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... because you did? :k
Old 2012-07-10, 21:50   Link #36716
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Lol noooo Nanya's a BTFrobo xD
Old 2012-07-11, 05:50   Link #36717
Sunder the Gold

Did anyone have any plot bunnies they'd like to see added to my plot device?
Old 2012-07-11, 06:32   Link #36718
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Shamal could work as a mission control. She at least have the same amount of experience as Signum and Vita, so she probably have non Device spell.
Chrono would be the Driver, the one who drops them off at the mission area and pick them up later.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 09:21   Link #36719
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

As I said before, Nanya.exe is a variant program of Kamachi.exe. Instead of ideas, just feed crack.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:31   Link #36720
GaelicDragon

Send a message via AIM to GaelicDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
Did anyone have any plot bunnies they'd like to see added to my plot device?
I am assuming you are talking about your "Electro-magnetic pulse" with magic as a battery.

Spoiler for Different EMP idea:
GaelicDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha