AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 04:40   Link #1
Xillian0018

Question special powers and good character development

Ok, so I guess ill start by saying im relatively new to watching anime on a regular basis, I would have to say about 1 and a half years of watching pretty regularly. Just recently it hit me that the types of anime I enjoy the most are those where the characters have some sort of special and unique power that grows and develops over time, usually where fighting is in the mix. with these examples of what Ive watched and enjoyed that should be pretty evident, and they are as follows: Dragonball, Dragonball z, Dragonball gt, naruto, naruto shippuden, one piece, and bleach. I am really big on exciting character development, and plot twists. I also prefer the longer animes, like at least 50+ episodes, I just cant stand how fast those 20/30 episode animes end. Theres just one last important thing i cant leave out, I do not like mecha focused animes and will not watch them, I dont mind a little bit of it kind of like dbz/gt has, but animes like gundam and guren lagan where thats the whole focus, i just cant get interested. Those are pretty much all my likes and boundaries, please if you dont agree with my opinion and just feel like flaming my post, you would just be wasting your time as I do not plan on changing what I enjoy because of what someone says. I hate to even have to clarify that but i just see too much flaming for no apparent reason online these days. Any suggestions for anime i might like would be awesome. Thank you to anyone with positive feedback.
Xillian0018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:00   Link #2
mistress_kisara

I'm suggesting
- Fairy Tail
- Hunter x Hunter 2011
- Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:31   Link #3
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I second FMA:brotherhood

here are mine

to aru majutsu no index season 1 and 2 for a total of 48 episodes
http://myanimelist.net/anime/4654/To...jutsu_no_Index

soul eater
http://myanimelist.net/anime/3588/Soul_Eater

katekyo hitman reborn
http://myanimelist.net/anime/1604/Katekyo_Hitman_Reborn!

zetsuen no tempest- give this one a chance i'm sure you'll like it. 24 episodes
http://myanimelist.net/anime/14075/Zetsuen_no_Tempest
Old 2013-04-15, 05:32   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Hikaru no Go is right up your alley, though you probably won't believe me until you watch it. It has the structure of shounen ("boy") fighting or competitive stories, but the subject matter is the game of Go. You can watch it for free (with ads) at Hulu. It has 74 episodes, and you'll wish there were more when you finish.

Another similar show, but focused on a girl, is Chihayafuru, now in its second season. They play a different game in this show, called karuta, and there is more emphasis on team play than in Hikaru. When this season is completed, there will be fifty episodes in total. Because Chihayafuru has its roots in a josei ("woman") manga, it has some of the stylistic touches like flowers and sparkles that characterize the genre. Don't let that deceive you into thinking it's not for you, though. Give it a try first and see.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 05:54   Link #5
Xillian0018

thanks for all the suggestions, I have a lot to check out now, I just have one quick question for those that mentioned FMA Brotherhood. Isnt there just a normal "full metal alchemist" series before brotherhood, kind of like naruto is to shippuden, and if there is is it a must watch before brotherhood?
Old 2013-04-15, 05:59   Link #6
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

brotherhood stays true to the manga the other one doesn't. brotherhood is best version
Old 2013-04-15, 06:00   Link #7
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xillian0018 View Post
thanks for all the suggestions, I have a lot to check out now, I just have one quick question for those that mentioned FMA Brotherhood. Isnt there just a normal "full metal alchemist" series before brotherhood, kind of like naruto is to shippuden, and if there is is it a must watch before brotherhood?
The previous FMA anime was made before tha manga was concluded, thus it took a quite different route from the later FMA:B. Entirely up to you to watch it or not because aside from the common root, the story is quite different, though both of them had satisfying ending imo. There's also the Shangrila (or something like that) Movie which was basically the epilogue of the original FMA anime.
Old 2013-04-15, 08:56   Link #8
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Fullmetal Alchemist is the best choice.

The first anime had a stronger first arc in my opinion, but the ending for Brotherhood was much much better. So I recommend Brotherhood. Or watch both.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 23:28   Link #9
Xillian0018

Im kind of leaning towards brotherhood now, my main concern was whether or not i would miss out on important events but i guess thats not the case.
Old 2013-04-20, 14:09   Link #10
kitten320

Original FMA series go a bit in more depth on MCs past while Brotherhood skips through it. If you'll like Brotherhood, I would still suggest to watch original series since it has different story, characters and development. I personally like both versions.

Otherwise I would suggest the following:
Fairy Tail
Soul Eater
D.Gray Man
Yu Yu Hakusho
Hunter x Hunter
Inuyasha

Fate/stay night - there is one season but there also is a movie with alternative story and prequel named Fate/Zero which is better so over all it is around 52 episodes + movie.

Toaru Majutsu no Index - super powers, has 2 seasons and spin off series called Railgun. Second season is airing now.

Nurarihyon no Mago - 2 seasons. Second season is better.

From shorter series I will pint point these:
Ao no Exorcist
Claymore
Pandora Hearts
Old 2013-04-20, 14:26   Link #11
XxChris43xX
Capoeira~Samurai

Send a message via AIM to XxChris43xX
Bastard!! is pretty good even though its a really short OVA series.