AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-06, 15:06   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann - Spoilers & Speculation

The purpose of this thread is to allow free discussion of theories and speculation of the Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann anime series, but be warned since it may contain unmarked spoilers. Having a central location may help focus the discussion instead of spreading speculation over the various episode discussion threads.

Acceptable post topics
  • Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
  • Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.

Please make sure you use spoiler tags as indicated above! Also provide where the source of such speculation come from if at all possible (i.e. "Animeage" or "Game") and clearly identify the spoiler with a title.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting unmarked spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Finally, please remain on-topic and do not use this thread if it's just discussion about the current or previous anime episodes.

Last edited by xris; 2007-05-07 at 10:59.
Old 2007-05-06, 20:22   Link #2
quina

Send a message via MSN to quina
We don't have spoiler trend, so I will post it here...

noone is doing the translating for me.. I will do it then, be aware of the accuratcy, I am bad with kanji.

Spoiler for ep7.
Spoiler:

Last edited by quina; 2007-05-06 at 20:49.
Old 2007-05-06, 20:39   Link #3
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

It's Ganmen, quinda. Not "Gun Man".
Old 2007-05-07, 05:03   Link #4
terrus

Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2007-05-07, 05:56   Link #5
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Quote:
Originally Posted by quina
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Hmmm...
Here's what I can decipher from it.
Spoiler:

That's all folks.

Last edited by xris; 2007-05-07 at 11:02.
Old 2007-05-07, 07:36   Link #6
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Spoiler tag, SquirrelLuvsPnut, do you know it? ;D
Old 2007-05-07, 15:02   Link #7
SquirrelLuvsPnut
Kill on sight

Sorry, I still kinda have no idea what I'm doing half the time.
Old 2007-05-07, 15:52   Link #8
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

I speculate Yoko will rape Simon before the end of the anime. o.ob

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Old 2007-05-07, 15:53   Link #9
7Th
Mixtape

Staff for the few next episodes for those who care:

Episode Director: Katsuichi Nakayama (ED of Diebuster 2, Honey and Clover 15 and CD of The Good Witch of the West)
Script: Kazuki Nakashima (Overall mastermind behind Gurren Lagann, series composer, writer of episodes 1, 2, 3 and will also do 8 and 9. He is also created Oh! Edo Rocket original play.)
Animation Direction: Akira Amemiya for the mecha (AD Gurren-Lagann 6 mecha and Blood+ 28) and Kouichi Motomura for the characters (KA in IGP TV and Planetes, AD of Gurren-Lagann 2)
Storyboard: Shin Itagaki (CD of Black Cat, ED of Gurren-Lagann 6)

8 (The whole team of the premier gets back at it.)
Episode Director: Masahiko Otsuka (ED of Gurren-Lagann 1)
Script: Nakashima again.
Animation Direction: Atsushi Nishigori (AD of Gurren-Lagann 1)
Storyboard: Hiroyuki Imaishi (SB for Dead Leaves, FLCL 5, Gurren-Lagann 1, chief director of this series)

Episode Director: Tarou Iwasaki (ED of various FMA episodes and Eureka Seven 27)
Animation Direction: Takashi Mukouda (KA in Noein's, Dennou Coil's, Blood+'s second openings and in TokiKake)
Storyboard: Masahiko Otsuka (Gurren-Lagann 3)

Episode Director: Hiroshi Kurimoto
Script: Shouji Saeki (ED of Gurren-Lagann 2, CD of Konomimi)
Animation Direction: Shouko Nakamura (AD of Mushishi 8, 18 and 24)
Storyboard: Ryuichi Kimura (SB in various Zettai Shounen)

Episode Director: Takashi Morimiya (Newbie at anime)
Script: Saeki again.
Animation Direction: Shinobu Nishiyama (KA in Eureka Seven, Code Geass, GunXSword, Gad Guard, New Getter Robot)
Storyboard: Yasuyuki Honda (SB in Popolocrois)

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-05-07 at 17:53.
Old 2007-05-07, 17:15   Link #10
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Looking at the staff of episode 7 and 8 I think we can safely assume that these two episodes are probably going to be climatic and somewhat important plot-wise.
Old 2007-05-07, 18:48   Link #11
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post

Episode Director: Katsuichi Nakayama (ED of Diebuster 2, Honey and Clover 15 and CD of The Good Witch of the West)
Script: Kazuki Nakashima (Overall mastermind behind Gurren Lagann, series composer, writer of episodes 1, 2, 3 and will also do 8 and 9. He is also created Oh! Edo Rocket original play.)
Animation Direction: Akira Amemiya for the mecha (AD Gurren-Lagann 6 mecha and Blood+ 28) and Kouichi Motomura for the characters (KA in IGP TV and Planetes, AD of Gurren-Lagann 2)

Storyboard: Hiroyuki Imaishi (SB for Dead Leaves, FLCL 5, Gurren-Lagann 1, chief director of this series)

Episode Director: Tarou Iwasaki (ED of various FMA episodes and Eureka Seven 27)
Animation Direction: Takashi Mukouda (KA in Noein's, Dennou Coil's, Blood+'s second openings and in TokiKake)

Animation Direction: Shinobu Nishiyama (KA in Eureka Seven, Code Geass, GunXSword, Gad Guard, New Getter Robot)
Yeah it took me quite a while to track down all the guys to input into ANN. In fact while doing it I found that ANN's database is actually very incomplete. The only two guys I bothered to "improve" on were the ep9 ED and AD. I added all the episodes they worked on in FMA into the database.

For Morimiya, he's not really a newbie. It's just that everything he did isn't in ANN's database either and I didn't feel like adding stuff into D-Gray Man and Comic Party and so on. It's fair to say ep10 and 11 have a fair share of "nobodies" at the helm, which might either be refreshing or disastrous.

There's a rumor going around that ep9 is going to be animated by BONES, like how ep3 was animated by Xebec. We'll see if that pans out. Right now I'm just hyped for the ep7-8 two part finale to the first arc.
Old 2007-05-07, 19:05   Link #12
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
Yeah it took me quite a while to track down all the guys to input into ANN. In fact while doing it I found that ANN's database is actually very incomplete. The only two guys I bothered to "improve" on were the ep9 ED and AD. I added all the episodes they worked on in FMA into the database.

For Morimiya, he's not really a newbie. It's just that everything he did isn't in ANN's database either and I didn't feel like adding stuff into D-Gray Man and Comic Party and so on. It's fair to say ep10 and 11 have a fair share of "nobodies" at the helm, which might either be refreshing or disastrous.

There's a rumor going around that ep9 is going to be animated by BONES, like how ep3 was animated by Xebec. We'll see if that pans out. Right now I'm just hyped for the ep7-8 two part finale to the first arc.
Well, episode 3 wasn't by a particularly good director, a Korean that briefly worked at Simoun, and it turned out great so I have no worries there... although I think 10th won't have mecha at all but it'll be nice to see how this artist (http://www.gainax.co.jp/img/251_orl.jpg) draws the character considering the creative freedom their giving their staff. Maybe at this point they arrive the urban citadel shown in the early promotional art?
Old 2007-05-08, 03:17   Link #13
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Well, episode 3 wasn't by a particularly good director, a Korean that briefly worked at Simoun, and it turned out great so I have no worries there... although I think 10th won't have mecha at all but it'll be nice to see how this artist (http://www.gainax.co.jp/img/251_orl.jpg) draws the character considering the creative freedom their giving their staff. Maybe at this point they arrive the urban citadel shown in the early promotional art?
The Ep3 ED worked with Xebec on various occasions in Fafner and Busou Renkin though (so did some of the ep10 and ep11 guys) and let's face it, the episode was ace because Otsuka storyboarded it all for them.

About the urban capital..... read at your own risk:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-08, 04:53   Link #14
outcast_within
pita ten pyjama!

Quote:

With the risk of sounding like a noob.
What's with all the personel changes? Isn't a normal project supposed to have the same team from start to end?
Is it chaning like this with more animes?
What could be the reason for it?
Old 2007-05-08, 05:06   Link #15
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by outcast_within View Post
With the risk of sounding like a noob.
What's with all the personel changes? Isn't a normal project supposed to have the same team from start to end?
Is it chaning like this with more animes?
What could be the reason for it?
Erm, no. Like in any TV series, be it animated or live action, you have an overall staff and staff for individual episodes. The overall staff isn't changing, these are just the credits for individual episodes.
Old 2007-05-08, 07:27   Link #16
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The Ep3 ED worked with Xebec on various occasions in Fafner and Busou Renkin though (so did some of the ep10 and ep11 guys) and let's face it, the episode was ace because Otsuka storyboarded it all for them.

About the urban capital..... read at your own risk:
Spoiler:
(the admin seems to move us into Spoiler and Speculation Trend, so I guess I don't need spoiler tag here..)
hmmm...so her name is Niru huh?
Niru.

Who is she then any idea? Just random member from Guren dan?

Random blurb of ep 7-11? There is a spoiler floating around somewhere and I totally miss those then - -;
Old 2007-05-08, 09:34   Link #17
7Th
Mixtape

So Niru is most probably Nia? It's nice how Imaishi considers episode 9 late series. Are those blurbs from one of the June magazines?

I still expect something nice from episode 10... Kimura's ZS SB were quite good for a low-key atmosphere and I'm biased for Nakamura.

Last edited by 7Th; 2007-05-08 at 10:02.
Old 2007-05-08, 10:23   Link #18
terrus

Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2007-05-08, 10:58   Link #19
quina

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrus View Post
Spoiler for ep 7:
Recall in ep1, someone (supposedly Shimon) is leading Guren dan and riding on a huge spaceship with a face. Could that be a gattai version of Lagann and the spaceship in the coming episode? Unlikely, since that person is holding a key to Lagann in his hand, normally Lagann shouldn't be able to move or Gattai if the key isnt inserted into the slot.

However it is very likely that the battleship which will apear in ep 7 will be used as a mother ship for Guren-dan after the episode. Whos know it might be able to fly in space already. Now they can fly to the Moon!
Old 2007-05-08, 16:19   Link #20
terrus

Spoiler for ep 7:
Closed Thread