AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-25, 18:33   Link #1121
Vicious108

Good to see Guldo's death was kept intact and didn't suffer any censoring. With this and Zarbon's death, it looks like we don't have to worry about that happening anymore.

As for the voices of the Ginyu Force, couldn't be more pleased. They all fit like a glove. Made their antics even more fun.

And poor Guldo, gone after one episode. But oh well, he was kind of the stain of the squad anyways. The other guys are where it's at.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 18:40   Link #1122
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
They played the song again this week! Ended with Guldo's death and Goku's imminent landing (in 10 minutes in-universe time, the narrator said).
Just as i thought. Makes sense that Goku will land at the end of next weeks episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
Konishi has the potential for awesome as Ginyu. We hear the usual him when Ginyu speaks normally lol.
Can't wait to hear it myself in the morning. Looking forward to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
And poor Guldo, gone after one episode. But oh well, he was kind of the stain of the squad anyways. The other guys are where it's at.
Yeah i always thought that Guldo didn't fit along side the rest of the squad, though i guess they needed to balance it out, and have a little guy.
Old 2009-10-25, 19:52   Link #1123
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Before I try watching this I have one question:

Does it still take 5 episodes to charge one attack and have the opponent watch in dismay

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 19:53   Link #1124
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Before I try watching this I have one question:

Does it still take 5 episodes to charge one attack and have the opponent watch in dismay
No. Character limit.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:00   Link #1125
Alchemist007
*Author

Vegeta chan! So condescending.
Old 2009-10-25, 22:12   Link #1126
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Yooo, Vege-chan!!
Man, that was a fun episode. You can easily tell Konishi and co. are having a good time with their roles.

Last edited by Goty; 2009-10-26 at 02:37.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-25, 22:16   Link #1127
rpgman1

Vege-chan. Gotta love the antics of the Ginyu Special Squad. Guldo got killed in just one episode, so not long by villain standards.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-26, 06:21   Link #1128
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I had so much fun with that episode. Konishi Katsuyuki is a blast voicing Ginyu, and much better then i could ever have expected. His "I'm kind, aren't i?" line had me laughing my arse off. I can't wait for Ginyu's reappearance in a few episodes.

Kishio Daisuke for Jeice just made me lol. He always seems to voice character that always fit the same image.

I just love the beginning few fights here with the Ginyu Squad. They show a complete new level of power that we've not seen upto now in this show, and it's perfect build up for when Goku arrives, and shows off his power thanks to the recent training.
Old 2009-10-26, 13:28   Link #1129
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I had so much fun with that episode. Konishi Katsuyuki is a blast voicing Ginyu, and much better then i could ever have expected. His "I'm kind, aren't i?" line had me laughing my arse off. I can't wait for Ginyu's reappearance in a few episodes.

Kishio Daisuke for Jeice just made me lol. He always seems to voice character that always fit the same image.

I just love the beginning few fights here with the Ginyu Squad. They show a complete new level of power that we've not seen upto now in this show, and it's perfect build up for when Goku arrives, and shows off his power thanks to the recent training.
Yeah, I'm eagerly anticipating Goku's arrival We're going to have to sit through some tough battles against the Ginyu Squad, but Goku arrives to save the day once again

The voices have been spot on so far though and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 17:21   Link #1130
Crontica

When i saw the thread title.... Dude this is past milking the cow. This is grinding the bones and making Cowpie soup.
Crontica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 19:25   Link #1131
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I havent made it through to the end of the first episode yet but all I have to say is the part I am at right now the voices suck and it makes my ears bleed everytime I hear it but I will press on.

Btw when is this getting dubbed I dont think I can watch all of the episodes if they continue with this same voice.

Old 2009-10-27, 20:41   Link #1132
Alchemist007
*Author

Rekoooooon
Old 2009-10-27, 20:58   Link #1133
DeX-kun

Quote:
I havent made it through to the end of the first episode yet but all I have to say is the part I am at right now the voices suck and it makes my ears bleed everytime I hear it but I will press on.

Btw when is this getting dubbed I dont think I can watch all of the episodes if they continue with this same voice.
Let me guess, you watched this series dubbed. Trust me on this because I also watched this series dubbed when I was younger, just keep watching it and you'll get used to it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-27, 21:12   Link #1134
Alchemist007
*Author

I think i got used to it cuz i saw fansubs of dbgt many eons ago.
Old 2009-10-27, 22:31   Link #1135
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
I think i got used to it cuz i saw fansubs of dbgt many eons ago.
Ugh, you mentioned GT It was interesting at first but the whole Chibi Goku thing just wasn't appealing. The whole series just didn't feel right at all, but it did have some (although few) good points.

Still, I was just thrown off by Goku's Japanese voice at first but now I'm used to it.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-10-28, 03:42   Link #1136
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah it was definitely doujinshi but I'm mainly referring to the VAs who were the same for the most part.
Old 2009-10-28, 09:12   Link #1137
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeX-kun View Post
Let me guess, you watched this series dubbed. Trust me on this because I also watched this series dubbed when I was younger, just keep watching it and you'll get used to it.
Yup, Toonami in England I watched every single episode of Dragonball Z and tried to watch all of Dragonball GT. The english dub of Dragonball Z is much better IMO, I mean I have seen enough anime to know that there is people with deep voices in Japan yet they choose the squeakiest to voice males for some reason. And in the first episode the art is still the same (the opening gave me hope but then I watched the episode and it is the same one I can remember from my childhood).

Old 2009-10-28, 09:26   Link #1138
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Yup, Toonami in England I watched every single episode of Dragonball Z and tried to watch all of Dragonball GT. The english dub of Dragonball Z is much better IMO, I mean I have seen enough anime to know that there is people with deep voices in Japan yet they choose the squeakiest to voice males for some reason. And in the first episode the art is still the same (the opening gave me hope but then I watched the episode and it is the same one I can remember from my childhood).
I don't know if it's just me but it seems like lately, during the namek arc, the number or redrawn scenes has risen exponentially so just push on for a bit and you'll eventually get used to it. And btw I noticed that if I watch the episodes on my computer I notice a lot more imperfections and "jumping image" than if I playback the files on the living room tv (LCD).

Anyway about the voices I like them for the most part but I have to agree that goku's voice is the worse. I grew up on the infamous portuguese dub of the show (probably the most nonsense one ever made) and also had a hard time adapting to the childish voice but the show is even better now so I can't help it but getting hooked... again! :P
Old 2009-10-28, 09:32   Link #1139
Ottocycle

Cue the upteenth explanation of the retaining of Nozawa from Dragonball...
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 05:27   Link #1140
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

A thought just occured....why didnt anyone wish back Bardock or the Saiyans without their evil?